• Sir Gio

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

soonbe110
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Worth more to the club for him to stay and help keep them in the league. 

Except he hasn’t played for them for over four months 

44 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Except he hasn’t played for them for over four months 

May still yet We all know about injuries and suspensions. 

Mr Rabbit
5 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Pretty sure he told us Boyce had agreed to sign for Aberdeen a few weeks ago 😂

That and the £14 million the sheep were due from the sale of Cosgrove and McKenna 😂

soonbe110
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

May still yet We all know about injuries and suspensions. 

Don’t hold your breath, he has been fit for a good while. 

Sawdust Caesar
21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Injury prone means - prone to injury, does it not? 

Every single season since his original knee injury, he has been injured at some point with a knee injury. Therefore he is prone to injury. 

20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That had nothing to do with the argument. 

The argument that he has or has not been injury prone every single season since his original knee injury, which was around 12 years ago. He played nearly all of Celtic's games in 15/16 and 16/17, the games he missed were not through injury,, as far as I know. Anyway, I've no real interest in this either way. If Stendel thinks he can do a job, fine. If he doesn't want him, I'm equally fine with that.

23 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's been injured with the same knee injury every season. That is a fact. 

That’s not a fact.

The knee injury that kept him out for 2 years was a rare condition with his patella tendon. (Same thing that Rafa Nadal had). That has been fine for years and hasn’t reoccurred. He injured his medial ligament in his OTHER knee in a collision with Effe Ambrose a couple of seasons ago. 

He has been fit for over a year now but with Bain doing well last season and similarly Forster this season, he just hasn’t played. 

On 02/02/2020 at 13:59, Cruyff said:

Gordon would be nothing more than a short term sticking plaster. We couldn't even guarantee that he'd be fit enough to play. He'd have been a waste of a jersey and money. 

I've got no doubt Stendel and Sievers will be on the case looking for 2 keepers in the summer. 

There is no other position in football that can make or break a team like a goalkeeper can. Having a good goalkeeper can have a positive effect for the whole team and consequently having a poor keeper (and we have 3 of them) can have a negative effect. While in your opinion Gordon may have been a temporary fix, he is still miles better than any of the three we have. Yes, he's not great with the ball at his feet but his shot stopping and positioning are far superior to what we currently have that I am certain having him or another competent goalkeeper would do more for the team morale and the confidence of the team especially the defence, which appears to be affected knowing the goalkeeper currently playing can at any time cost one or two goals. We need a goalkeeper who inspires confidence in the players in front of him and while he may have been a temporary fix, Gordon would have done that.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, dougal said:

There is no other position in football that can make or break a team like a goalkeeper can. Having a good goalkeeper can have a positive effect for the whole team and consequently having a poor keeper (and we have 3 of them) can have a negative effect. While in your opinion Gordon may have been a temporary fix, he is still miles better than any of the three we have. Yes, he's not great with the ball at his feet but his shot stopping and positioning are far superior to what we currently have that I am certain having him or another competent goalkeeper would do more for the team morale and the confidence of the team especially the defence, which appears to be affected knowing the goalkeeper currently playing can at any time cost one or two goals. We need a goalkeeper who inspires confidence in the players in front of him and while he may have been a temporary fix, Gordon would have done that.

Yeah

But Celtic refused to let him leave. 

15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

But Celtic refused to let him leave. 

I appreciate that but he surely wasn't the only keeper who was looking to move. I'm not saying Gordon is the answer but it has become apparent that a goalkeeper probably should have been higher up the list of priorities especially after we had secured Boyce.