The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

6 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

what’s the story there? I don’t know anything about him but seems to be of a good pedigree. Could be worth a look if he’s without a club. 

baggage? Injury? Do you know anytime of him? 

Haven't seen him play for a few years, tbh, but he looked decent when he was younger. Think he had a hip injury last season. Beyond that, I have no idea!

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, jamboveg said:

totally agree! am sure DS is still looking

Dont you mean our recruitment team? 😎

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Do you mean the one who played in the 5-1 final and is now a very influential player at Wolves?

Yes.  

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Aye, that's my concern too.  We don't have another penalty box striker in the squad, as such, I would have liked us to offer 1-2 players to Dunfermline in exchange for Kevin Nisbet.  He would be good back up.

I’m already getting the fear that Boyce is carrying an injury from last week and that he’ll limp off today and be out for months 😢.

Italian Lambretta
23 minutes ago, bazman said:

Free agents may still happen as there will be a few out there

Aha that old levein chestnut

January window is always the most difficult as the vast majority of players are under contract, This can be overcome with money to release targets, but the club continues to be prudently managed, which is of course a good thing, we have learned from the days of excess spending and where that can lead. Very positive window, with an exciting outlook for the rest of the season. The summer window will be much easier to deal, perhaps some pre contracts are already in place. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we have plenty to get out of the mire.

Plenty of time in the summer to trim and readjust. 

Hopefully a cup run too, for momentum 

3 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

It's Squib! All squids are damp, they live in the f#@king ocean!

And while I'm on the pedant express...it's lose not loose when something is lost or missing. It's morale for team spirit, not moral, that's a different story.

I'm sure there are others but that's enough to be going on with. 

Class dismissed.

I don't think the class should have been dismissed before you got your punctuation right!

3 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

It's Squib! All squids are damp, they live in the f#@king ocean!

And while I'm on the pedant express...it's lose not loose when something is lost or missing. It's morale for team spirit, not moral, that's a different story.

I'm sure there are others but that's enough to be going on with. 

Class dismissed.

Don't no wither too say here here or their their

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Aye, that's my concern too.  We don't have another penalty box striker in the squad, as such, I would have liked us to offer 1-2 players to Dunfermline in exchange for Kevin Nisbet.  He would be good back up.

I suspect Dunfermline would have been reluctant to deal with us after the Cochrane and McDonald debacle.

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I suspect Dunfermline would have been reluctant to deal with us after the Cochrane and McDonald debacle.

And the fact Nisbet is worth a lot more than a couple of Hearts reserves.

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Cochrane will get a few games when we're safe in 8th in a few weeks I'm sure. 

He needs to pull up his socks and start working. One of my neighbours is a Pars season ticket holder and reckons he’s been poor in his time there. It looks like Andy Irving has jumped ahead of him in the pecking order. He needs to start showing some form now.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He needs to pull up his socks and start working. One of my neighbours is a Pars season ticket holder and reckons he’s been poor in his time there. It looks like Andy Irving has jumped ahead of him in the pecking order. He needs to start showing some form now.

It’s certainly a last chance to impress or they will end on the football scrap heap.

number witheld
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s certainly a last chance to impress or they will end on the football scrap heap.

Really? Last chance? He’s only 18

7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Needs to lay off the Instagram.Comes across as still a daft wee laddie ( of course I get he is still young though ) and be more professional or I think his talent could end up lost to the lower leagues for good.

19 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Cochrane will get a few games when we're safe in 8th in a few weeks I'm sure. 

Stendel doesn’t strike me as the sort who does sympathy so that’ll only happen if he knuckles down in training and shows the right attitude 👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Really? Last chance? He’s only 18

I know he’s young but if doesn’t show a good attitude he will be out.

So it’s a last chance for him at the club.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know he’s young but if doesn’t show a good attitude he will be out.

So it’s a last chance for him at the club.

Hopefully the youngsters can kick on under Stendel. Time is on their side but it's up to them to graft for it.

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Can't you still sign players out of contract?

Yep as long as they were released before the window closed. Theres a fair few out there

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Hopefully the youngsters can kick on under Stendel. Time is on their side but it's up to them to graft for it.

Exactly.

It’s a great opportunity and I’m sure Daniel will give them a chance if possible.

Bazzas right boot

Hickey not leaving pretty much means he's going to celtic I reckon in the summer. 

English teams would have wanted him now, especially teams routinely in Europe. 

Celtic must be his choice. 

Decent window tho if langer and Donis can add something to us. 

No more Injuries and we'll be more than fine. 

Win v saints and Killie, top 6 is on. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hickey not leaving pretty much means he's going to celtic I reckon in the summer. 

No chance he will be sold to Celtic.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

don’t agree re:Hickey. Think the English teams you’re referring to will probably blood him in their u23s first, possibly registering them for their main squad to boost their UK player count for the rules. 

personally don’t think he’s ready for first team football for any premier league teams, would rather be got another season at least with hearts to develop. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ruaraidh90 said:

don’t agree re:Hickey. Think the English teams you’re referring to will probably blood him in their u23s first, possibly registering them for their main squad to boost their UK player count for the rules. 

personally don’t think he’s ready for first team football for any premier league teams, would rather be got another season at least with hearts to develop. 

If he went to a English team he'd have been back on loan to us at least for this season, maybe next. 

Time will tell, but his highest value to English teams in transfer value to us was now. 

Unfortunately, I think he'll go to celtic now in the summer. 

Time will tell tho. 

On 29/12/2019 at 18:58, dazajmbo said:

8 players likely to leave.

5 new signings is the target at the moment.

Pretty close 

5 minutes ago, Ruaraidh90 said:

Alternatively he may even sign a contract extension. That's my hope anyway 👍

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

On the wing is the only area I think we are a little short having not secured Thiam.. I see Vladimir Weiss is on that list.. 

One that jumped out at me too.

7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Pretty close 

Overall a pretty good window. Thiam would have been a bonus but feeling more confident about this season

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celtic always was his first choice. Family are huge supporters, season tickets, live near Parkhead. Came back to us to get the opportunity to develop quicker. Given the terms of his move to us it was always likely that a return would happen if he progressed. 

7 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Good summary of the situation. 

For me for the remainder of the season assuming they all stay fit my 1st 11 would be in a 4231 formation:

Perierra

Clare            Souttar          Halkett       Hickey

Smith           Sibbick

Avdijaj                   Naismith                 Meshino

Boyce 

A lot of options, and without seeing Langer can’t put him in the 1st 11 yet. We look to have a good squad though and very interchangeable, surely we will avoid relegation with this squad. 

What about Irving.? Who is your creative midfielder.?

8 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Alternatively he may even sign a contract extension. That's my hope anyway 👍

Not a chance unless he gets injured 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

On the wing is the only area I think we are a little short having not secured Thiam.. I see Vladimir Weiss is on that list.. 

Has Stendel heard that name though? 

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Give us Greg Taylor and some cash and I wouldn’t be too unhappy with that tbh. 

Stendel isn’t daft. He’s targeted particular areas that needed treatment but he hasn’t ripped the squad apart. 

Part of our recovery is as much about team spirit and trying to get who we have playing for each other in the short term.  He’s in part been forced to possibly tolerate some players he doesn’t rate on the whole but knows they have something to offer in the fight.  

Summer will again be clear out time. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I notice Ki, ex Celtic is on the list. Is he past it now? Always thought he was a tidy player. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I notice Ki, ex Celtic is on the list. Is he past it now? Always thought he was a tidy player. 

Just left Newcastle yesterday, caught my attention too. He's been linked with celtic but imagine he'll get a gig in the championship or abroad. Was on 60k a week. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Stendel isn’t daft. He’s targeted particular areas that needed treatment but he hasn’t ripped the squad apart. 

Part of our recovery is as much about team spirit and trying to get who we have playing for each other in the short term.  He’s in part been forced to possibly tolerate some players he doesn’t rate on the whole but knows they have something to offer in the fight.  

Summer will again be clear out time. 

Apart from maybe some of the young guys who might not make it or players we’re cashing in on that we’d rather keep. I can’t see a mass clear out in the summer. Who do you reckon might get the boot?