• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Captain Canada

I'm sure DS was quoted earlier in the week as saying there were funds available and he wanted a striker. I really hope there's a surprise signing in the next few days. 

It's a collective look around the dressing room- you are the team to take Hearts up this league, let's go and do that 👊

PhoenixHearts

So earlier there was apparently 2 players in talks but one was close to breaking down. Assuming that last one was Thiam, who was the other?

Pereira

Zlamal

Clare

Brandon

Halkett

Souttar

Dikamona

Hickey

White

Garrucio

Smith

Irving

Sibbick

Langer

Bozanic

Damour

Naismith

Washington

Henderson

Moore

Advijaj

Meshino

Walker

Boyce

Uche

OPSHUNS!!!

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

So earlier there was apparently 2 players in talks but one was close to breaking down. Assuming that last one was Thiam, who was the other?

Hermann?

We needed a striker, wide player and a midfielder or two and we got that.

Also got rid of the guys we wanted to get rid of so a good window. 👍

jack D and coke

Been some thread. 
Been a good window all things considered. 
Cheers for the snippets here and there lads always enjoyable. 
See yous in Perth tomorrow🇱🇻

15 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Pereira

Zlamal

Clare

Brandon

Halkett

Souttar

Dikamona

Hickey

White

Garrucio

Smith

Irving

Sibbick

Langer

Bozanic

Damour

Naismith

Washington

Henderson

Moore

Advijaj

Meshino

Walker

Boyce

Uche

OPSHUNS!!!

Haring also when fit. 

Decent window. Shifted a lot of dead weight. 

Sad to see Berra go out but understand he really doesn’t suit the new system. Hope he does well. 

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The last lad called Docherty they had on loan didn’t think much of them 😂

Do you mean the one who played in the 5-1 final and is now a very influential player at Wolves?

51 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Berra has signed for Dundee on loan.

No one has joined us. Thiam deal broke down seemingly. 

Thanks. Appreciated. Currently in a bar called Kilts n Kocktails in Sauchiehall St, watching teenagers neckin the face off each other to heavy heavy techno, questioning my existence as I drink my Peroni from a plastic tumbler 😬

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you mean the one who played in the 5-1 final and is now a very influential player at Wolves?

Yes that’ll be the one, if I remember he didn’t really have a nice word to say about them when he left though.

Not a bad window. Couple more wasters I'd like to have seen moved on but we lost no-one important, moved on some dross and made signings in appropriate positions.

Thiam would have been nice.

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Pereira

Zlamal

Clare

Brandon

Halkett

Souttar

Dikamona

Hickey

White

Garrucio

Smith

Irving

Sibbick

Langer

Bozanic

Damour

Naismith

Washington

Henderson

Moore

Advijaj

Meshino

Walker

Boyce

Uche

OPSHUNS!!!

Next season. 

I think we'll probably try and extend deals for Sibbick, Langer and Advijaj

Zlamal, Brandon, Dikamona, Bozanic, Moore are out of contract

Pereira and Meshino loans expire

Walker and Damour probably moved on. 

Probably left with

Defence

Clare, Smith, Halkett, Souttar, Hickey, Garrucio, White

Midfield

Haring, Irving, Sibbick, Langer

Attack Mids

Naisy, Avdijaj, Henderson

Forwards

Boyce, Washington, Uche

We would probably be looking for at a minimum

2x GK

1x CB

1x CM

2x AM

1x FW

Possibly 7 in the summer

More likely 10 to 12 if we were to sell Hickey, Washington and Uche. 

Edited by Cruyff

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Next season. 

Probably left with

Defence

Midfield

Attack Mids

Forwards

Boyce, Washington, Uche

2x GK

1x CB

1x CM

2x AM

1x FW

Possibly 7 in the summer

Good summary of the situation. 

For me for the remainder of the season assuming they all stay fit my 1st 11 would be in a 4231 formation:

Perierra

Clare            Souttar          Halkett       Hickey

Smith           Sibbick

Avdijaj                   Naismith                 Meshino

Boyce 

A lot of options, and without seeing Langer can’t put him in the 1st 11 yet. We look to have a good squad though and very interchangeable, surely we will avoid relegation with this squad. 

Edited by jamtartan74

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Next season. 

Probably left with

Defence

Midfield

Attack Mids

Forwards

Boyce, Washington, Uche

2x GK

1x CB

1x CM

2x AM

1x FW

Possibly 7 in the summer

Why not wait and see if they're any good before suggesting they'll be signed on long terms deals. Remember everyone frotting themselves over every Levein signing? That was a lot of frottage. See if Stendel has an eye for player, and if they can adapt to this league, which is nothing like as easy as some think. Players coming from a league where you might get time on the ball always get a shock when they play their first few games. 

Boyce is the main one Hearts needed, keep him fit and he'll score the goals to ensure relegation was just a bad dream. Top signing.

Just now, TheTrumpet said:

Why not wait and see if they're any good before suggesting they'll be signed on long terms deals. Remember everyone frotting themselves over every Levein signing? That was a lot of frottage. See if Stendel has an eye for player, and if they can adapt to this league, which is nothing like as easy as some think. Players coming from a league where you might get time on the ball always get a shock when they play their first few games. 

Boyce is the main one Hearts needed, keep him fit and he'll score the goals to ensure relegation was just a bad dream. Top signing.

See the word "probably". 👍 

49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

See the word "probably". 👍 

Which one, you used a lot of them. In fact so many that your post is pretty much more frottage than fact.

9 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Which one, you used a lot of them. In fact so many that your post is pretty much more frottage than fact.

Probably suggests it's not fact. I've never state anything as fact. You got your knickers in a knot over nothing. 👍 

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Thanks. Appreciated. Currently in a bar called Kilts n Kocktails in Sauchiehall St, watching teenagers neckin the face off each other to heavy heavy techno, questioning my existence as I drink my Peroni from a plastic tumbler 😬

Some people are content with surviving. You, sir, are living! 

Overall fantastic business has been done in what’s a notoriously difficult window. Who has been kept has been fantastic (so glad Ikpeazu is still here, despite some seemingly wanting him to go) as well as obvious ones like Smith and Hickey. Everyone who’s been brought in has been brilliant, has the pedigree to be brilliant or is known to our manager. Two members of backroom staff have been brought in too remember, which if anything could prove as important if not more so than playing staff.

Made no secret I wanted Thiam to sign so shame he didn’t. Sounds like Barnsley hierarchy have been at it again, which is weird as we have Sibbick. But from Barnsley fans previous comments it seems their board will send players to us only if there’s potential profit to be made, which with Thiam being out of contract soon wouldn’t be the case. Personally I’d like to see us getting it right up them by announcing a pre-contract ASAP, but I don’t think any pre-contract (Thiam or otherwise) is likely to be announced until we’re mathematically safe, which makes sense I suppose.

Let’s not forget too that players will be getting mutual consent to tear up contracts left right and centre over the weekend, so their may be free transfer options, but unless it’s someone on Stendel’s radar I’d be surprised if we went into that market.

Jambof3tornado

Thiam would have been the icing on the cake. I assume barnsley wanted us to pay cash to take him now and we wanted a loan deal til his contract was up.

tartofmidlothian

Thanks to Bongo for keeping this thread enjoyable, and the other ITKers.

Any news on out of contracts coming to us?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Been good window for us ! Signed 4 players , got rid of some of the dead wood and got some of our influential injured players back 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Probably suggests it's not fact. I've never state anything as fact. You got your knickers in a knot over nothing. 👍 

My knickers are in good order thanks. 

Phil D. Corners

I was expecting another player to arrive last night As it never happened I would declare the final hours of the transfer window as a damp squid! 

2 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Absolute NAP Boyce gets injured for ateast half this year. 

24 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I was expecting another player to arrive last night As it never happened I would declare the final hours of the transfer window as a damp squid! 

It's Squib! All squids are damp, they live in the f#@king ocean!

And while I'm on the pedant express...it's lose not loose when something is lost or missing. It's morale for team spirit, not moral, that's a different story.

I'm sure there are others but that's enough to be going on with. 

Class dismissed.

1 minute ago, TheTrumpet said:

And while I'm on the pedant express...it's lose not loose when something is lost or missing. It's morale for team spirit, not moral, that's a different story.

Class dismissed.

With pedantry you need to be more pacific when it comes to examples excetera. Maybe a wee expresso from Starbucks can get the brain going on that one. Supposably sherbert is good brain stimulus to I hear. That’s what ah was told when ah aksed. Anyways, back too Hearts, in Stendal we trust!

😉

Phil D. Corners
6 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Class dismissed.

Mr Trumpet, in time you will learn the term damp squid is common on Kickback. 😉 

Just opened the thread, can't be arsed reading back.

Was it the expected shite window?

Nobody leaving, because who's going to want shit players sitting bottom of the league.

Wouldn't expect we managed to get anyone in either. Come on? Who wants to sign for a team bottom of the league?

We are the ****ing Hearts, third biggest team in Scotland. Our new manager, giving the backing will build us a team worthy of our stature. Stendel time starts now.

Exciting times ahead.

Scottish Cup glory would be nice.

♥️♥️:glorious:♥️

Seymour M Hersh

From the BBC website about Kamberi's move to hunbrox. :laugh:

"Kamberi's remarks will have gone down in Leith like a highlights video of the 2012 Scottish Cup final".

All round a pretty good transfer window. I hope Stendel is happy and doesn’t feel like he’s been left short. 

We do have options now but on the flip side we are only losing Naismith and Boyce at the same time away from a disaster.  

Let’s get safe and the rebuild in the summer. Still plenty of dross to go.

1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Absolute NAP Boyce gets injured for ateast half this year. 

Aye, that's my concern too.  We don't have another penalty box striker in the squad, as such, I would have liked us to offer 1-2 players to Dunfermline in exchange for Kevin Nisbet.  He would be good back up.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just opened the thread, can't be arsed reading back.

Was it the expected shite window?

Nobody leaving, because who's going to want shit players sitting bottom of the league.

Wouldn't expect we managed to get anyone in either. Come on? Who wants to sign for a team bottom of the league?

We are the ****ing Hearts, third biggest team in Scotland. Our new manager, giving the backing will build us a team worthy of our stature. Stendel time starts now.

Exciting times ahead.

Scottish Cup glory would be nice.

♥️♥️:glorious:♥️

I got 25/1 on Hearts winning cup bet 365 yesterday. Hibs were 12/1 :lol: 
Not saying it’s ours or anything but I was having some of that. 

Very eventful January and have to say it's been excellent. 

Playing much better, signed some cracking players and got rid of some of the dross. 

Onwards and upwards is the only way for us and I think everyone has complete faith in Stendel being the man to do that with.

1 hour ago, TheTrumpet said:

Class dismissed.

If you are going to be a pedant it’s important to get it right.😀 A damp squib doesn’t go off as expected. 1970 fireworks often included a damp squib or two.

squib is a small explosive device used to generate a mechanical force or visual effect. Squibs usually resemble a small stick of dynamite or layered fabric sheet, with each style containing a small quantity of explosive substance along with a central detonator.

All squid are certainly damp. 

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I got 25/1 on Hearts winning cup bet 365 yesterday. Hibs were 12/1 :lol: 
Not saying it’s ours or anything but I was having some of that. 

Hibs more or less have a bye to the quarters. 

Would liked to have seen another striker and a winger type com in but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. 

Overall it’s been a very decent first window and it bodes well for an exciting summer. Stendel has quickly identified where we need strengthened and got rid of the majority of the unwanted.

Imo....

We will see as many as 10 players leave in the summer and a similar amount join the club.

Hope we can announce 2 or 3 really exciting pre contract signings in next month or two to keep the momentum up.

Also, we could still sign free agents. Tom Carroll? Could do a job?

Delighted with that window. 

Really happy we managed to hold on to Smith and Hickey too. For all we know the latter hours last night was focused on that as priority, we might never know. 

If we could get Hickey to sign a deal it'd be fantastic. 

Bring on St Johnstone! 

36 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Pretty good transfer window.

Agreed. I think bringing in four players (plus the loans coming back) is about right for January, where you don't have time to integrate them. Cathro probably would have failed anyway, but he really didn't give himself much of a chance with that boy-in-a-sweetshop transfer window destroying any existing team spirit and cohesion.

26 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Also, we could still sign free agents. Tom Carroll? Could do a job?

what’s the story there? I don’t know anything about him but seems to be of a good pedigree. Could be worth a look if he’s without a club. 

baggage? Injury? Do you know anytime of him?