The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just left Newcastle yesterday, caught my attention too. He's been linked with celtic but imagine he'll get a gig in the championship or abroad. Was on 60k a week. 

Cheers, money down there is just insane. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Apart from maybe some of the young guys who might not make it or players we’re cashing in on that we’d rather keep. I can’t see a mass clear out in the summer. Who do you reckon might get the boot?

Clear out did sound dramatic 😁but my opinion is admittedly based on conjecture. 

Is Uche rated? There was always rumours Stendel didn’t fancy him.  Can see changes in midfield with possibly Bozanic leaving, Damour “engineered” out and I’m always suspicious of players linked with loan moves, esp in the case of more experienced players.

I always feel it’s the first step to the exit door. 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Is Uche rated? There was always rumours Stendel didn’t fancy him.  Can see changes in midfield with possibly Bozanic leaving, Damour “engineered” out and I’m always suspicious of players linked with loan moves, esp in the case of more experienced players.

Fair comment. Uche is an interesting one. Done well off the bench recently but is he a fit for our system? I’m not sure but I doubt he’d be happy as an impact sub in the long term.

53 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Needs to lay off the Instagram.Comes across as still a daft wee laddie ( of course I get he is still young though ) and be more professional or I think his talent could end up lost to the lower leagues for good.

I think he has it in him to make the grade. He has to find the work ethic that he had when he first broke into the team. It’s all in his hands though.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair comment. Uche is an interesting one. Done well off the bench recently but is he a fit for our system? I’m not sure but I doubt he’d be happy as an impact sub in the long term.

doubt it either

18 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think he has it in him to make the grade. He has to find the work ethic that he had when he first broke into the team. It’s all in his hands though.

No doubt he has looked a great talent just needs to screw the nut in a bit.

Happy with what we have.

With players like Washington, Naismith and Souttar coming back we've got a good squad.

Even guys like Moore and Henderson have emerged into decent options that were rarely used under Levein.

Edited by heartsfc_fan
typo

chester copperpot

I was wrong again!

Apparently the signing was over the line, then he got greedy and we told him to bolt.

We had agreed 4k per week then his demands went up.

No idea who it was though. Was never told a name

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Celtic always was his first choice. Family are huge supporters, season tickets, live near Parkhead. Came back to us to get the opportunity to develop quicker. Given the terms of his move to us it was always likely that a return would happen if he progressed. 

Yip and for me him not signing for another team confirms that. 

Bah. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Stendel isn’t daft. He’s targeted particular areas that needed treatment but he hasn’t ripped the squad apart. 

Part of our recovery is as much about team spirit and trying to get who we have playing for each other in the short term.  He’s in part been forced to possibly tolerate some players he doesn’t rate on the whole but knows they have something to offer in the fight.  

Summer will again be clear out time. 

Exactly. January is a bad transfer window to try and transform any team.

I think we will see major surgery in the summer with the second phase of departures and new arrivals.

Possible permanent deals offered to our loan signings if they do well and a deal can be done.

We could well see a few more Barnsley players arrive than those who are out of contract.

My "guess" at who could go would be 

Zlamal

Doyle

Brandon

Damour

Smith

Hickey

Walker

Bozanic

Moore

Uche

possibly Washington.

Edited by wavydavy

south morocco
51 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I think there will be a fair bit of change. As you said, Bozanic, possibly Damour and Uche. The window signings are short term except Boyce so will need replacing or new deals given.Loans out like Maclean won’t be returning. Main focus on on staying up but will an interesting summer recruitment wise. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

What about Irving.? Who is your creative midfielder.?

Yes I know it’s harsh to leave him out, that’s why I said about lots of options now, Sibbick looks to have loads of energy and could be box to box, the 3 of avdijaj naisy and Meshino would provide loads of creativity as well. 

Hi all busy for most of the day today and tonight , but will give you a full update and detailed report, as soon as I can of all the goings-on to last night's transfer activity,which none of the media have reported . In Stendel we trust cheers Bongo 1874  Cmon the Hearts!!! 

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hi all busy for most of the day today and tonight , but will give you a full update and detailed report, as soon as I can of all the goings-on to last night's transfer activity,which none of the media have reported . In Stendel we trust cheers Bongo 1874  Cmon the Hearts!!! 

Cheers buddy 👍🏻

7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Overall fantastic business has been done in what’s a notoriously difficult window. Who has been kept has been fantastic (so glad Ikpeazu is still here, despite some seemingly wanting him to go) as well as obvious ones like Smith and Hickey. Everyone who’s been brought in has been brilliant, has the pedigree to be brilliant or is known to our manager. Two members of backroom staff have been brought in too remember, which if anything could prove as important if not more so than playing staff.

Made no secret I wanted Thiam to sign so shame he didn’t. Sounds like Barnsley hierarchy have been at it again, which is weird as we have Sibbick. But from Barnsley fans previous comments it seems their board will send players to us only if there’s potential profit to be made, which with Thiam being out of contract soon wouldn’t be the case. Personally I’d like to see us getting it right up them by announcing a pre-contract ASAP, but I don’t think any pre-contract (Thiam or otherwise) is likely to be announced until we’re mathematically safe, which makes sense I suppose.

Let’s not forget too that players will be getting mutual consent to tear up contracts left right and centre over the weekend, so their may be free transfer options, but unless it’s someone on Stendel’s radar I’d be surprised if we went into that market.

Good post

Just the last part. Contract needed to have ended yesterday to allow free transfer. 

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Barry 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good post

Just the last part. Contract needed to have ended yesterday to allow free transfer. 

Ah, did not know that. Whatever happened with that Alexander Milosevic who was released from Forest a few months back and once played for Hannover? Wasn’t he linked with us strongly at one point?

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Excellent. Look forward to the inside story.

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Cheers.

Here's the list

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Some very good players.

The standouts for me on that list are Tom Carroll, Sebastian Prodl, Vladimir Weiß and Diafro Sakho.

Not saying any are possible or that we should go for any, just that they stood out. As for wages a short term deal until the end of the season can be appealing for free agents. And only 4 months of wages would need to be paid.

Carroll is an odd one, picked up a hip injury that ended his season last term but was playing for Swansea in December. Prodl would command too much in wages I imagine, but an Austrian who speaks German... can’t see Stendel being unhappy with Souttar and Halkett though. Weiß has made his money in Qatar for 6 years now, I’m pretty sure he’s set for life, but at what level can he still play? Sakho used to play for West Ham but out of contract since the summer, so not sure what’s going on there.

The list isn’t fully up to date though as Alexander Milosevic who some ITK people said we were after isn’t on there and according to Wikipedia at least he’s still a free agent.

Tennant's  6's
54 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers for that 👍,   sounds like it was hectic to say the least 😰

59 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Appreciate your contributions Bongo, thanks for sharing the inside track with us mere mortals.

Joel

White

Halkett

Souttar

Smith

Hickey

Bozanic

Clare

Irving

Naismith

Uche

Washington 

Moore

Henderson

All players who have improved or played well since DS came in. They are slowly coming round to his style of play and it's quite reassuring that DS didn't go out and sign a whole new team when these guys are getting to grips with the new tactics. 

Some will leave of course but its still early days under DS and its great that everyone has been given a chance. One of the major issues under Levein was the style of play and not the actual quality of player he signed. DS maybe realising a lot of these guys aren't as bad as it first looked. 

We've supplemented the squad very, very nicely and I can't wait to see how we finish the season. 

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Yes I know it’s harsh to leave him out, that’s why I said about lots of options now, Sibbick looks to have loads of energy and could be box to box, the 3 of avdijaj naisy and Meshino would provide loads of creativity as well. 

Irving for me is the closest we have to a quarterback type of midfielder that can b put in the centre of the pitch and be trusted to spread it around to start good moves. You can't teach a player that ability to see a clever pass and he seems to have it. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Irving for me is the closest we have to a quarterback type of midfielder that can b put in the centre of the pitch and be trusted to spread it around to start good moves. You can't teach a player that ability to see a clever pass and he seems to have it. 

that might be what we need to break down st johnstone today

Under the floodlight
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers, Good man.

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Irving should be one of first names on the teamsheet right now. No idea why people would drop him for Smith or Sibbick.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Good man.

5 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Irving should be one of first names on the teamsheet right now. No idea why people would drop him for Smith or Sibbick.

This.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Ruaraidh90 said:

don’t agree re:Hickey. Think the English teams you’re referring to will probably blood him in their u23s first, possibly registering them for their main squad to boost their UK player count for the rules. 

personally don’t think he’s ready for first team football for any premier league teams, would rather be got another season at least with hearts to develop. 

You’re right he’s not ready to start at EPL level and another season with us will do him no harm.

It’s been mentioned that teams in the EPL had to sign him in this window for him to qualify for their UK quota, he will be too old in the summer.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Celtic always was his first choice. Family are huge supporters, season tickets, live near Parkhead. Came back to us to get the opportunity to develop quicker. Given the terms of his move to us it was always likely that a return would happen if he progressed. 

All true but would be okay for them, they have a few left backs and they need to be better going forward than defending most of the time.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re right he’s not ready to start at EPL level and another season with us will do him no harm.

It’s been mentioned that teams in the EPL had to sign him in this window for him to qualify for their UK quota, he will be too old in the summer.

If that was the primary reason for signing him, it may not have been the best thing for his development. If the EPL clubs REALLY want to sign him, they'll be back in the Summer. 

Time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All true but would be okay for them, they have a few left backs and they need to be better going forward than defending most of the time.

Yep, that’s why all the talk of a big deal for him, and us, is just so wide of the mark. Celtic will be quite happy for him to continue to develop with us for another 6-12 months, maybe even 18 knowing that they can pick him up for next to nothing this time next year or the summer of 2021. Even in summer 2021 he will just have turned 19 which is probably still too young to be a Celtic regular. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If that was the primary reason for signing him, it may not have been the best thing for his development. If the EPL clubs REALLY want to sign him, they'll be back in the Summer. 

Time will tell. 

Indeed it will. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, that’s why all the talk of a big deal for him, and us, is just so wide of the mark. Celtic will be quite happy for him to continue to develop with us for another 6-12 months, maybe even 18 knowing that they can pick him up for next to nothing this time next year or the summer of 2021. Even in summer 2021 he will just have turned 19 which is probably still too young to be a Celtic regular. 

Pretty much, unfortunately. 

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We'll need to check that.

Summer window opens before Hickey is 18. He is 18 during it so maybe that's why its January. 

Of course he might have signed and it's not being announced. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

We'll need to check that.

Summer window opens before Hickey is 18. He is 18 during it so maybe that's why its January. 

Of course he might have signed and it's not being announced. 

I’m only going on what others have said, all will become clear at some point.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, benny said:

Not getting a goalie in was a bad a decision as anyone could make.

We might have tried and failed to get a better keeper. 

Worst thing would have been to bring in another poor keeper. 

54 minutes ago, benny said:

Think they did try for Gordon but wasn’t to be

Heard on the Radio Aberdeen paid nearly a million for Hernandez. The biggest fee they've paid since the mid 90s and the second largest feee they've paid in their history.

1 hour ago, benny said:

We had a lot of work to do in a tricky window tbf. 

1 hour ago, James1874f said:

Think they did try for Gordon but wasn’t to be

Joel should have been sent back. 

Sievers will have good knowledge of the German leagues. We probably could have sourced a loan deal there to have someone who I don't know.. can actually save shots.

Bit disappointed on that front, but we do have a striker that can actually put the ball in the net at long last so I'll temper my complaints :D  

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Joel should have been sent back. 

Sievers will have good knowledge of the German leagues. We probably could have sourced a loan deal there to have someone who I don't know.. can actually save shots.

Bit disappointed on that front, but we do have a striker that can actually put the ball in the net at long last so I'll temper my complaints :D  

I’m not a fan of any of our keepers, can only assume Stendel never seen it as a priority. At least we will have a new number 1 next season 🙂