Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are, but I was hopeful of a few wins this month, that has gone. 

If Airdrie beat us, the season is over, atm with no goals it could happen. 

I still feel that if injuries clear up we will get better. 

By injuries I mean players getting fit and staying fit. 

Far too many of our better players have been injured or not fit due to injuries. 

I also think, if we score goals, we'll ofc course win more games. 

Do that and confidence returns and we go forward. 

However, if we don't start to score goals, players remain injured then we have a manager who is lumbered with a team low on confidence and players he does not want for a relegation battle. 

Horrendous tbh. 

Worse than under CL imo. 

In that scenerio we are heading for a butcher type cluster ****. 

All ifs, buts, & maybes. We’re only in trouble if Hamilton start getting points. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

On 26/12/2019 at 15:28, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

If he has, then **** the dressing room.  It's about time someone told this shower of lazy, useless shits what was what.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It’s hard to argue that we’re playing attacking football when we’ve scored 1 goal so far? We have created chances but we scored against St Johnstone, Celtic and Hibs in corresponding fixtures last season.

I’m enjoying watching us more now than I have in over a year.

Results haven’t changed but I’m a hopeful sort

Following Hearts through the 70s to present date has been a roller coaster of a ride. Some very awful teams but some of these teams gave everything for a few hundred pounds per week because that's how much we could afford to pay and you get what u pay for, or so I thought. This squad of players are on thousands per week and they couldn't gI've a toss. DS should give both barrels to the underachievement of these individuals. I believe in the man.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, HighTimes said:

If he has, then **** the dressing room.  It's about time someone told this shower of lazy, useless shits what was what.

41 minutes ago, poultry said:

Following Hearts through the 70s to present date has been a roller coaster of a ride. Some very awful teams but some of these teams gave everything for a few hundred pounds per week because that's how much we could afford to pay and you get what u pay for, or so I thought. This squad of players are on thousands per week and they couldn't gI've a toss. DS should give both barrels to the underachievement of these individuals. I believe in the man.

And I think DS is doing that, his criticism of some of the senior players is spot on and very welcomed. In situations like this players will sink or swim and most of them are sinking which shows that DS is right in his assessment. Whelan should be ashamed at the lack of leadership he has shown as should Berra.

In my opinion only Smith, Clare, Bozanic, Brandon and Hickey have shown any level of desire, you could argue about their ability but definitely not their desire especially when compared to Mulraney, Walker, Maclean, Damour, Halkett and White.

Leveins Battalion
On 26/12/2019 at 15:28, Satchmo said:

Getting worried the man has lost the dressing room already. Whelan, Mulraney and his criticism of Berra and other senior players in the press. Granted these huddies deserve all the criticism directed at them, but if you need them to play and they have downed tools, we’re in deep shit.

100% Hibs fan.👍

22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thread's getting press attention now. So the OP's exceeded his expectations I'd guess.

Going back to Germany before a derby was never going to help, let's be honest here. 

Personally i'd be like, what the ****! and i'd take the whole team on my back and score about 4 goals

but the lesser minded players will be like... ach, he's not that bothered, i'm gonna stick my ear phones in and listen to drake. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are, but I was hopeful of a few wins this month, that has gone. 

If Airdrie beat us, the season is over, atm with no goals it could happen. 

I still feel that if injuries clear up we will get better. 

By injuries I mean players getting fit and staying fit. 

Far too many of our better players have been injured or not fit due to injuries. 

I also think, if we score goals, we'll ofc course win more games. 

Do that and confidence returns and we go forward. 

However, if we don't start to score goals, players remain injured then we have a manager who is lumbered with a team low on confidence and players he does not want for a relegation battle. 

Horrendous tbh. 

Worse than under CL imo. 

In that scenerio we are heading for a butcher type cluster ****. 

If airdrie beat us the seasons over ? We’ll be fighting for our premier league survival . This season is likely to be going till May . 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

If airdrie beat us the seasons over ? We’ll be fighting for our premier league survival . This season is likely to be going till May . 

Pretty certain it will go all the way for us.  A little less than half a season to go and we’ve yet to show any sort of recovering form. 

We may go into the split fixtures still needed wins to draw away from the bottom 2 comfortably.

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

No point in being pally when he needs to get to offload most of these impostors. 

Aye, and many need to realise upheaval is required to get the club going forward again. It gets messy before it gets better. 

The problem is we are in the middle of a league campaign, it’s not close season. I don’t envy the job Stendel has right now.  

Holyrood_Hearts
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Anthony Brown from the EEN, linking it on his Twitter.

He highlights the nonsense of this thread if I’ve read his post correctly 

3 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

And I think DS is doing that, his criticism of some of the senior players is spot on and very welcomed. In situations like this players will sink or swim and most of them are sinking which shows that DS is right in his assessment. Whelan should be ashamed at the lack of leadership he has shown as should Berra.

In my opinion only Smith, Clare, Bozanic, Brandon and Hickey have shown any level of desire, you could argue about their ability but definitely not their desire especially when compared to Mulraney, Walker, Maclean, Damour, Halkett and White.

I agree with that but also think the keeper, Meshino and Uche have shown good attitude since DS showed up. I think that the outlines of who’s staying and who’s going are emerging now. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Maybe. 

I still think when we score a ****ing goal we'll steer clear of 2/3 clubs at least. 

Also a few new signings, a few players back. 

Maybe not tho. 

Experienced players like Berra, Whelan, Damour and Naismith will have a big influence in the dressing room. Losing the respect of the experienced pros is just going to make it much harder for him. Honestly.... The best solution is a clean slate and the squad and gaffer going away for a week on a bonding trip. Not the worst idea.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Experienced players like Berra, Whelan, Damour and Naismith will have a big influence in the dressing room. Losing the respect of the experienced pros is just going to make it much harder for him. Honestly.... The best solution is a clean slate and the squad and gaffer going away for a week on a bonding trip. Not the worst idea.

the senior pros are all useless. So it makes no difference 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe. 

I still think when we score a ****ing goal we'll steer clear of 2/3 clubs at least. 

Maybe not tho. 

I do ****ing hope so 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe. 

Maybe not tho. 

I worry about transfers though - partly because of the state of our recruitment team but also because the lure of coming here must be minimal to anyone with any value

On 26/12/2019 at 15:32, Jean Louis Valois said:

I'd back Daniel Stendel everyday over this squad of players. Hopefully Berra is right behind him but if he's not it wouldn't surprise me. Perry Kitchen was a better captain than him and that's saying something. 

Agreed

i remember saying on here that Berra isn’t fit to be captain but got stick for it from the usual crowd

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Anthony Brown from the EEN, linking it on his Twitter.

It looks like Whelan is gone.

Rumours that Naismith might be next.

Results and performances have been dismal.

It’s ridiculous to lay that on Stendel. But perhaps the EEN could compile the evidence (stacks of it, from way before Stendel arrived) and actually turn some fire on Budge. She’s getting a free ride from them, as did Levein.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Agreed

i remember saying on here that Berra isn’t fit to be captain but got stick for it from the usual crowd

A peak Berra would probably be a decent captain.

But it must be impossible to lead a dressing room when your own form is so bad. Berra has finished. On that basis he should not have the armband.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

27 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

the best solution is if the players can’t or won’t buy into the managers thinking they are sold or frozen out. The tail has wagged the dog for too long.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

the best solution is if the players can’t or won’t buy into the managers thinking they are sold or frozen out. The tail has wagged the dog for too long.

This is true. Unfortunately it might also involve us going down. 

pettigrewsstylist

Every week is pretty much a cup final at moment. Lets see who has the attitude or composure and quality for a cup final tomm.

Not many i suspect.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is true. Unfortunately it might also involve us going down. 

2 wins in our last 27 suggests we’re going down anyway, without pretty drastic action.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

2 wins in our last 27 suggests we’re going down anyway, without pretty drastic action.

Those are sobering statistics.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Those are sobering statistics.

They are, if the players won’t come along with the new managers plans then the club need to help find players. If they fire Stendel and the players don’t fancy the new guy the baws burst. It’s Stendel or nothing. 

Brick Tamland
39 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Experienced players like Berra, Whelan, Damour and Naismith will have a big influence in the dressing room. Losing the respect of the experienced pros is just going to make it much harder for him. Honestly.... 

I disagree, it may well be that the experienced players think they are bigger than they are and getting rid of them is the best thing that could happen, all 4 of them have done nothing for weeks and if your experienced pros don’t show enough fight, desire or passion then it sends the wrong message out to the younger players. DS has repeatedly said he needs more from the experienced players and they haven’t delivered,  the only experienced player who has stepped up is Michael Smith. I won’t be breaking my heart if all 4 of them go and Michael Smith is given the armband. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They are, if the players won’t come along with the new managers plans then the club need to help find players. If they fire Stendel and the players don’t fancy the new guy the baws burst. It’s Stendel or nothing. 

it is just so frustrating that he does not have his own men, there. The importance of this cannot be underestimated and yet we've gone ahead with his appointment.  But then again, was he entirely blind to the situation? Possible holes in due diligence from both sides?

45 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

it sounds like you are desperate for him to have lost the dressing room

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

it is just so frustrating that he does not have his own men, there. The importance of this cannot be underestimated and yet we've gone ahead with his appointment.  But then again, was he entirely blind to the situation? Possible holes in due diligence from both sides?

I certainly think it’ll help. Budge said it’s happening January so hoping it’s going to be early in the month.

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I certainly think it’ll help. Budge said it’s happening January so hoping it’s going to be early in the month.

It's what he needs, at least one of them ffs. In conjunction with those unbelievable statistics (2/27), we have officialdom to deal with for the run -in when we need a few breaks. LOL. What a club. 

Also, it's a real compliment the number of trolls that feel the need to post here. 

Edited by Riccarton3

52 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Overestimated.

🙂

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Let me get this right.

100 plus games with Levein in charge, backroom staff/coaches of his choosing employed, players of his choosing recruited and he has us sitting at the very bottom of the league.

Still not one utterance of doubt from you and you were still supporting him to the very very end 

New manager comes in, no back room team in place and the first time you voice your doubts is 4 games in and then start comparing him to Levein 

Of course everyone has concerns. We are in real f...... danger right now, real danger, and the last thing we need is to vilify the guy who is tasked with getting us out of the mess that Mr Levein has created.

Setting him up to hang is what it looks like on face. We need to support him and get behind the side once again.

Do you not see how you are coming across with what you are saying in some of these posts ?

This and I like Levein and probably backed him almost as long as Budge did. I really thought once the injured players came back we’d kick on but as some may never come back this season it was definitely tome for a change.

I like that Stendel is placing so much emphasis on leaders on the park and is himself showing he can make tough decisions about players - like whelan - quickly. I don’t remember Levein highlighting the lack of character on the pitch or making quick decisions to change things, other than the czech striker guy, which was a bizarre episode.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

League survival is what were aiming for " cup game is important ,,but league points are priority,,,this is a battle of bottle ,, and we have to find some and soon!

On 26/12/2019 at 15:29, Captain Sausage said:

:lol:

The dressing room can **** off then. 

Sack them all for gross incompetence and start again. 

Well said. 

9 hours ago, poultry said:

Well said amigo, 

I was born in 86 and have seen players give everything to the Jersey and would do for a fraction of the wages we pay out now. DS hasn't even got his two members of staff in yet and when he does along with Kirk there WILL be good times ahead without a shadow of a doubt :) HHGH x

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

the senior pros are all useless. So it makes no difference 

These ‘senior pros’ have achieved more as players than Dan Standstill did!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

These ‘senior pros’ have achieved more as players than Dan Standstill did!

giphy.gif

Love that he has come in and seen right through them in a matter of days how bad they all are. Quite how levein got to bring so much dross in and had the cheek after every defeat to stand and say were nearly there for the past 12 months is a joke. I hope stendal makes it clear a lot of them wont play again and forces them out the door in January. Sadly levein has wrapped some of the worst offenders up on long term deals. Clubs a shambles just now. 

8 hours ago, milky_26 said:

it sounds like you are desperate for him to have lost the dressing room

I’m desperate for things to turn around. I’ve heard enough old pros over the years talk about managers losing the dressing room and never recover. It looks like the experienced players aren’t buying in to him, hopefully the younger players get it and start improving. 

Like I said. I hope the squad can get away during the winter break and the gaffer and players can start off with a clean slate and work in the same direction.

Hearts players need to get a grip and start performing on the park. Sick of hearing them talking in the papers or being injured months on end. They are professional footballers ffs and they seem to be acting like poor wee souls. Any dissent should be immediately stamped out by the club or so called club captain as this is way beyond a joke now.