Hickey's future

afanderson33

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Thats £1.2m which we would not have otherwise got, he would probably be playing games for Celtic right around now as Tierney is gone so yes, it has worked out quite well for Hearts. 

Very well would have been paying the £25,000 or so for him that we chose not to do...then it would be £1.7 million to us (or whatever we receive)

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

Brauhauser2012

Celtic can take a long run off a short pier. No matter what we do we shouldn't sell any decent players to SPL opposition. It's not in our interests to strengthen them. If a player was shite, by all means sell him on as it strengthens us and weakens them.

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Very well would have been paying the £25,000 or so for him that we chose not to do...then it would be £1.7 million to us (or whatever we receive)

What I’m saying is, Celtic could have kept him. Then it would have been £0 to us and who knows maybe another £25m Tierney for them. And he’d never have even played for us. We can’t drop £25k for every 15 year old academy player at Celtic, at that point he could easily have not cut it in the first team,  the main thing is we got him, he’s turned out well for us and we will hopefully get 7 figures for him.

So the outcome is, Hearts benefit, beyond that, who cares? 

55 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Celtic can take a long run off a short pier. No matter what we do we shouldn't sell any decent players to SPL opposition. It's not in our interests to strengthen them. If a player was shite, by all means sell him on as it strengthens us and weakens them.

This all day long. 

54 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You've absolutely no idea if that's true or the circumstances that allowed as to get him from Celtic 

500k to Celtic and 50% sell on fee probably wouldn't really be too bad. They seem to be very good at getting fees for their sales.

That's looking at it purely in regard to getting the most financial benefit.

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Exactly. 

Really hope we adopt a kind of Jim McLean attitude re not wanting to sell our best players on the cheap to that lot from Glasgow. 

The better players should want to go to England anyway, even the Championship is a better option. 

Freeeeze him ooot if he doesny play baw....

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

In all seriousness, I hope he does what is in his best interests re playing football and developing further as oppose to chasing money and status at such a young age...hopefully someone like Gary Naysmith is having a word in his shell re getting game time under belt at Hearts first off then heading down to England and hitting the ground running to have a great career when physically and mentally ready....

25 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You've absolutely no idea if that's true or the circumstances that allowed as to get him from Celtic 

I think it’s been quoted before. 

Option 1 

Pay £25k for a 15 year old from a club who has no need to sell and could offer a contract 10 times what we can offer. (That’s how much they rated him). 
Option 2

Pick him up for free. With 30% sell-on clause. 

We were not/are not in a position to throw out speculative transfer fees (queue the Levein seethe all over again and we have wasted money on x,y,z,,). 
Really difficult to make a call at 15.  Cochrane good example. Looked amazing at 15. Real possibility he won’t make Stendel first team and we may make no money from him. 

If our call makes us £1.7m less 30% for no outlay,  it’s up there with one of the best deals we have done in recent times but some still want to knock a good news story. 

Celtic didn't want him to leave, it was his dad who encouraged him to join us (and his dad is a Celtic fan I'm told) 

Hope he stays next season at least, he a class act off the park too. A friend of my sister knows the family and asked if Aaron could get my son a signed top.

Went above and beyond, 2 signed tops, personal written message etc. Son didn't come down of the ceiling for 3 days 🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
On 17/01/2020 at 17:17, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ryan Gauld - 19 - 42 games for United - £3m, that's the best I can do

Aaron - 17 - 20 games for us - £?

Good shout! 

47 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Celtic didn't want him to leave, it was his dad who encouraged him to join us (and his dad is a Celtic fan I'm told) 

Hope he stays next season at least, he a class act off the park too. A friend of my sister knows the family and asked if Aaron could get my son a signed top.

Went above and beyond, 2 signed tops, personal written message etc. Son didn't come down of the ceiling for 3 days 🤣

It was a good decision 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

seems £1.7 million is the asking price..we of course would only receive around £1.2 million for him with Celtic getting 30% of the fee

(THAT DEAL WORKED OUT WELL !!)...still I suppose we are always better with the benefit of hindsight

Celtic interested in getting him back but shock horror they are unwilling to pay the price..so Crystal Palace also in the mix

Worked out very well for us. 

Cost us nothing, played a season then sold him on if it all plays out. 

ToadKiller Dog

I'm sure he isnt that thick ,he has a chance to potentially play at much higher a level than those chancers .

More likely to be Celtic causing disharmony 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I heard he doesn’t want to leave his family/pals.

At that age it would make sense. 

Although it sticks in the throat, celtic would be a good move for him and might make us money as well. 

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

He'd be 3rd choice behind Taylor and Boli. 

Might be behind Boli but doubt he's behind Taylor. Tierney was in that Celtic team at 17/18. 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I heard he doesn’t want to leave his family/pals.

Aye, in Glasgow. He’s going to end up back to they beasts.  Hope the support can keep behind the laddie, because he is just a young laddie afterall. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

At that age it would make sense. 

Although it sticks in the throat, celtic would be a good move for him and might make us money as well. 

They aren’t going to pay good money for him.  This smacks of they having their clause and going to try rob him on the cheap.  Who’s their left back? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Last Laff said:

They aren’t going to pay good money for him.  This smacks of they having their clause and going to try rob him on the cheap.  Who’s their left back? 

They'll need to meet our asking price. 

I mean't by a sell on clause, celtic do shift players on for good money. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hearts will accept an offer that is equivalent to our top end minus their 30%, whether Celtic will offer that is a different story though. 

4 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Might be behind Boli but doubt he's behind Taylor. Tierney was in that Celtic team at 17/18. 

Would doubt that. They don't need him anyway, have just splurged 5m on two left backs. 

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

Hearts will accept an offer that is equivalent to our top end minus their 30%, whether Celtic will offer that is a different story though. 

If they don’t, and Hickey wants to stay in Scotland then we have another situation in the summer of our top prospect leaving for zero the following year to them.  Then it comes to this time next year and it’s nominal deal time.  We know how they ***** work and it might be, as usual they will hold the aces. 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Would doubt that. They don't need him anyway, have just splurged 5m on two left backs. 

Much better bringing him through, loaning him eventually and selling down south than us. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Much better bringing him through, loaning him eventually and selling down south than us. 

Or he could go on loan like the boy from St Mirren at end up at Inter Miami. Best the boy stays at Hearts, at least if still in prem next year.

Howdy Doody Jambo

He would be better staying at Tynecastle for another couple of year's, playing ever week than sitting on a bench 

I detest the west coast media. 

It was only a matter of time before they came away with the "wants to play for Celtic" shite.

Hickey only needs to look as far as John McGinn. Another who apparently "wanted to play for Celtic" but who has done very well for himself. 

18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If they don’t, and Hickey wants to stay in Scotland then we have another situation in the summer of our top prospect leaving for zero the following year to them.  Then it comes to this time next year and it’s nominal deal time.  We know how they ***** work and it might be, as usual they will hold the aces. 

Why would anyone want to stay in Scotland if they have the chance to play in a top league? Utterly baffling. You get African players literally leaving home alone at 9 years old and making lives for themselves, yet British folk can barely move towns without breaking down 😂 

Hopefully Hickey sees sense, stays with Hearts for a few years then leave for big money. Celtic? **** that. 

Edited by The Brow

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

I detest the west coast media. 

It was only a matter of time before they came away with the "wants to play for Celtic" shite.

Hickey only needs to look as far as John McGinn. Another who apparently "wanted to play for Celtic" but who has done very well for himself. 

Yup, if it’s true that he does want to leave, then hopefully he looks at guys like McGinn and realise that he’s putting himself in a big shop window to further his career, plus make us a few bob for us in the process.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Why would anyone want to stay in Scotland if they have the chance to play in a top league? Utterly baffling. You get African players literally leaving home alone at 9 years old and making lives for themselves, yet British folk can barely move towns without breaking down 😂 

Hopefully Hickey sees sense, stays with Hearts for a few years then leave for big money. Celtic? **** that. 

He's only 17 tho. 

Might not want to move country yet. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, if it’s true that he does want to leave, then hopefully he looks at guys like McGinn and realise that he’s putting himself in a big shop window to further his career, plus make us a few bob for us in the process.

Mcginn was early 20's, moving country at 17 is a big ask. 

There would be lots to way up for both Hickey and Hearts.

For Hickey, where is he going to get the most game time, if he is unlikely to get in the first team initially is he likely to be loaned out and of so where to, how hard will it be to break through to the first team initially, if he doesn't break into the first team where is he likely to end up, how easy will it be to adjust to the move, how much money will he make. If he believes he has the talent to one day play for a team like Man City to be honest I'd avoid a move to Man City at this stage. Celtic are realistically at least two steps from a move to a team like City. If I was him, someone like Crystal Palace or I think I so QPR quoted, would be the best move.

For Hearts there is probably more certainty. What is the upfront fee, what additional top-up clauses are included, what is the sell-on percentage and what kind of fees does the club sell for, and will they loan back to Hearts and for how long. Celtic obviously has the advantage of being able to do a deal without their sell-on clause. Not sure they'd be as keen on a loan back. To some degree, more clubs interested can only be a good thing for Hearts.

27 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Or he could go on loan like the boy from St Mirren at end up at Inter Miami. Best the boy stays at Hearts, at least if still in prem next year.

Im not saying that’s the best way for Hickey, I’m saying that’s the way they ***** will be thinking. 

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, The Brow said:

9FDE392A-9333-4135-8139-DF7606A69A24.png

14 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Hopefully but he’s a 17yr old weegie Celtic fan who could very easily have his heard turned as soon as they blink an eye at him.  All his pals will be telling him he’s the next Tierney etc.  

5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

There would be lots to way up for both Hickey and Hearts.

For Hickey, where is he going to get the most game time, if he is unlikely to get in the first team initially is he likely to be loaned out and of so where to, how hard will it be to break through to the first team initially, if he doesn't break into the first team where is he likely to end up, how easy will it be to adjust to the move, how much money will he make. If he believes he has the talent to one day play for a team like Man City to be honest I'd avoid a move to Man City at this stage. Celtic are realistically at least two steps from a move to a team like City. If I was him, someone like Crystal Palace or I think I so QPR quoted, would be the best move.

For Hearts there is probably more certainty. What is the upfront fee, what additional top-up clauses are included, what is the sell-on percentage and what kind of fees does the club sell for, and will they loan back to Hearts and for how long. Celtic obviously has the advantage of being able to do a deal without their sell-on clause. Not sure they'd be as keen on a loan back. To some degree, more clubs interested can only be a good thing for Hearts.

If we are telling him Man City want him and he’s that good he’s going to think he’s going to get into the Celtic side eventually. Touch down the good guys in other news 👍

rudi must stay

If he wants to go them then this spells bad news for us. Old Firm always play dirty in the transfer market, I hope there's no truth in this story 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mcginn was early 20's, moving country at 17 is a big ask. 

I’m hoping he stays, but if he does want to leave, then hopefully it’s down south. Yeah, he’s a young lad and it would be a big decision for a lad so young to make, but that’s what the cream of good young players do when they are trying to make their way to the top. We’ve seen young players go to glasgow before, only for them to warm the bench. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m hoping he stays, but if he does want to leave, then hopefully it’s down south. Yeah, he’s a young lad and it would be a big decision for a lad so young to make, but that’s what the cream of good young players do when they are trying to make their way to the top. We’ve seen young players go to glasgow before, only for them to warm the bench. 

Yeah, but I can fully understand a lad of 17 not wanting to move country. 

17 is really young tbh.