Hickey's future

afanderson33

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yeah, thanks! I meant if he runs is contract down and we are only a development fee? 

So we also get less money? 

CF90YPxUUAEyEFz.jpg

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

36 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yeah, thanks! I meant if he runs is contract down and we are only a development fee? 

Sorry, I see that now...obviously didn't read that part the first time round!

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So we also get less money? 

CF90YPxUUAEyEFz.jpg

How do you know we would get less money if we could agree a “nominal fee” then bump Celtic out their percentage they have at the moment? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

How do you know we would get less money if we could agree a “nominal fee” then bump Celtic out their percentage they have at the moment? 

You said development fee. 

Development fees are not a lot. 

There's a standard calculation on how it comes about. 

Nominal fees are different, we'd still be due Celtic money if we sold him.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And Hickey only joined Hearts in summer 2018. 

The story is we agreed the sell on % to Celtic instead of paying the development fee for the 4 years he was at Celtic. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Hickey only joined Hearts in summer 2018. 

Yeah. 

Clearly we'll get more money on a transfer than running down his contract. 

How that needs to be explained is beyond me. 

That poster is such hard work it's unbelievable, needs everything spelt out to him. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

ffs 

Easiest way to piss Celtic off would be to sell him for 100k but 50% sell on clause.

Doesn't really help us now but annoying them would make me smile.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes, we can change a set in stone development fee to a nominal fee with the club that is trying to do business.  Otherwise it would go to a tribunal for them to decide. 

2 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Easiest way to piss Celtic off would be to sell him for 100k but 50% sell on clause.

Doesn't really help us now but annoying them would make me smile.

We're not going to cut off our nose to spite our face. No chance. 

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

ffs 

So we couldn’t agree fee with say Man City at the end of Hickeys contract just now, that they give us as a nominal development fee without going to a tribunal? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Yes, we can change a set in stone development fee to a nominal fee with the club that is trying to do business.  Otherwise it would go to a tribunal for them to decide. 

Aye OK. 

👍

Just now, AndyNic said:

We're not going to cut off our nose to spite our face. No chance. 

It was tongue in cheek mate, that would be a mental deal for us to agree to.

Which means we probably will... 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Last Laff said:

So we couldn’t agree fee with say Man City at the end of Hickeys contract just now, that they give us as a nominal development fee without going to a tribunal? 

If we agree a fee, celtic will be due money. 

If we let his contract run down we get buttons. 

Man City will also want him signed now. 

Actually, nope. I give up

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nope, we can't. Surely contravenes transfer rules and regulations. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we agree a fee, celtic will be due money. 

If we let his contract run down we get buttons. 

Man City will also want him signed now. 

Actually, nope. I give up

You are deliberately misinterpreting what I’m saying.

If we agree a deal with Man City for them to pay for Hickey (development fee/nominal fee) at the end of his contract then why would we get buttons? And if this was the case and he left at the end of his contract would Celtic still be due a percentage of any fee we agree with anyone at the end of his contract?  

You’re on ignore for a reason, I forgot how pompous you are. 

6 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

It was tongue in cheek mate, that would be a mental deal for us to agree to.

Which means we probably will... 

Apologies didn't pick up on that 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Nope, we can't. Surely contravenes transfer rules and regulations. 

Probably yeah,  just thinking out loud one way of possibly bumping Celtic 👍

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Contract is to May 2021

That's cheered me up.....👍...!

Doesn't seem in a hurry to sign an extension...

42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If we agree a deal with Man City for them to pay for Hickey (development fee/nominal fee) at the end of his contract then why would we get buttons? And if this was the case and he left at the end of his contract would Celtic still be due a percentage of any fee we agree with anyone at the end of his contract?  

If they pay a development fee we are bumping ourselves as it would be buttons regardless of whether Celtic get their cut or not as there is a formula for working that out (I don't know whether they do, I'm pretty sure they get a development fee too though since they did some of the developing).

If City pay a 'nominal fee', ie a transfer fee, Celtic get their cut. This is of course ignoring why City would even agree to pay more to do that when he's at the end of his contract and they can get him for the development fee anyway, they're not a charity. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Man City want him now. 

His Contract is summer 2021. 

Why would city pay us if they can get him for nothing if we are running down his contract like you plan. 

A nominal fee could end up more, but very unlikely and we'd still need to pay celtic, why would city pay more? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Captain Bubblebeard

Two points.

1. Would a Celtic not get their cut of any sell on clause we put in a potential sale deal?

2. If the clubs mentioned are really sniffing about then a sell on clause may not be the best way to go. If he becomes a success (big if) at said clubs, they are so rich that they potentially have no need to sell. If he fails, it’s a good chance he’d be released. Sell on clause possibly more likely to be profitable if he goes to a high end Championship or low end EPL team, becomes a success and gets a bigger move from there. Would be interested to know what the club’s position on this would be. If Man City did come in for him, how much cash up front would it take to forgo a, say 20% sell on clause. The latter is a huge gamble in my opinion. High risk for (imo) quite low chance of a large reward vs cold, hard cash would be a very tough equation to weigh up.

19 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Leeds,liverpool and Chelsea showing interest. Could get interesting.

Very much so. Makes the chance of any extension impossible though. No way he's knocking that back sadly. 

Hopefully we can be in the driving seat on negotiations and make sure the deal we get is right for the club. 

Stendel sees him as one of our best players and wants to keep him.

Persuade him to sign a new contract with a release clause and see if we can get a lot more for him in the summer.

Or sell him for (relative) peanuts now to Man City or whoever with a sell on clause, watch him stagnate in their U23s or out on loan and then be allowed to leave for next to nothing in 2 years.

I think he'll go in the summer.  If he continues to progress it will be a pretty good fee.  If there is genuine competition for him, I reckon around £2m.

Chewing gum money to Celtic for their share.  Good money for us.

Great prospect but wouldn’t be surprised if he moves never to hear about him again. 
He should stay for a few years and develop into a midfielder which is where I think he will end up

If he is sold, I'd personally prefer he was sold to a Championship Club or a lower level big league team to maximise on his sell on clause. 

Captain Bubblebeard
38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If he is sold, I'd personally prefer he was sold to a Championship Club or a lower level big league team to maximise on his sell on clause. 

Yeah, I’d tend to agree if we are hoping on a big sell on.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Cough, cough, celtic would be in that as well. 🤮

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cough, cough, celtic would be in that as well. 🤮

If Celtic buy him they don't get the sell on fee but.... Celtic get good money show casing players so if we could get a good sell on fee in there, we could make a good sum. At the end of the day, for us, it's about how much we can make. 

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, viva hate said:

Surely he's worth a bit more than reported if Man U are offering £25m for a 16 year old. I know its a different league! 

Sadly Scottish players going from the SPFL down South generally have to prove themselves in England for a season or two before big bucks come along.

I know there are some exceptions but  not many.

What was it that Aberdeen wanted for their Centre back (don’t even remember his name tbh) ? 7.5 million or something 😀

meaning Hickey is worth at least 15 mill 

In all seriousness getting as much for him as possible now via an upfront transfer fee and then getting a 1-2 year loan back deal along with a sell on clause is the only way to go 

Doing Anything else other than the above would be ludicrous to say the least 

Guest ToqueJambo

When do Scottish teams ever sell inexperienced youngsters for big bucks, especially non-OF players? If it happens - anything over 1m never mind 25m - it'll be genuinely ground-breaking for Scottish football. 

Realistically, our best hope of a sizeable fee (2-3m for a non-OF player if we're lucky using McGinn, Robertson, etc as benchmarks), is if he keeps playing well for us, breaks into the national team and we have him on a long-term contract. Personally, I love the idea of a recent academy graduate and recognised first team player heading straight to Man City or Italy. It would be a fantastic advert for the club.

Hickey has shown this season that he is still very naive defensively,also he needs to bulk up, that's to be expected at his age. For these reasons he would be best staying up here for at least the next 18 months minimum. 

2 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

Hickey has shown this season that he is still very naive defensively,also he needs to bulk up, that's to be expected at his age. For these reasons he would be best staying up here for at least the next 18 months minimum. 

Nothing that steroids wouldn't sort. 

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

When do Scottish teams ever sell inexperienced youngsters for big bucks, especially non-OF players? If it happens - anything over 1m never mind 25m - it'll be genuinely ground-breaking for Scottish football. 

Realistically, our best hope of a sizeable fee (2-3m for a non-OF player if we're lucky using McGinn, Robertson, etc as benchmarks), is if he keeps playing well for us, breaks into the national team and we have him on a long-term contract. Personally, I love the idea of a recent academy graduate and recognised first team player heading straight to Man City or Italy. It would be a fantastic advert for the club.

Ryan Gauld - 19 - 42 games for United - £3m, that's the best I can do

Aaron - 17 - 20 games for us - £?

seems £1.7 million is the asking price..we of course would only receive around £1.2 million for him with Celtic getting 30% of the fee

(THAT DEAL WORKED OUT WELL !!)...still I suppose we are always better with the benefit of hindsight

Celtic interested in getting him back but shock horror they are unwilling to pay the price..so Crystal Palace also in the mix

So, Celtic, AC Milan, Southampton, QPR, Man City and now Crystal Palace are so far as quoted as interested in him?

Should be pushing for the maximum amount of cash. I'm loathe to include Celtics interest because its standard tire kicking from them ala John McGinn. 

Still, if we're losing him either way, the more the merrier. Hopefully we can get north of £2m.

Edited by OTT

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

seems £1.7 million is the asking price..we of course would only receive around £1.2 million for him with Celtic getting 30% of the fee

(THAT DEAL WORKED OUT WELL !!)...still I suppose we are always better with the benefit of hindsight

Celtic interested in getting him back but shock horror they are unwilling to pay the price..so Crystal Palace also in the mix

Thats £1.2m which we would not have otherwise got, he would probably be playing games for Celtic right around now as Tierney is gone so yes, it has worked out quite well for Hearts. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs