Hickey's future

afanderson33

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If he wants to go to Man City, there'd be little point mate.  He holds the cards here - contract up at end of season.

Season after no? 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Season after no? 

Sorry yeah think it is. Point still stands. Id imagine his heart is set on City so not much point touting him elsewhere. Pertinent point is English clubs will want him before hes 18.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Sorry yeah think it is. Point still stands. Id imagine his heart is set on City so not much point touting him elsewhere. Pertinent point is English clubs will want him before hes 18.

Which means that he needs to be signed in January as his birthday is June 10th which could mean that he misses still being 17 on the opening of the summer transfer window by a day or so (last season FIFA have the EPL registrations starting on the 11th)

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah. 

Tokyo Drifter
20 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

I think we should enjoy the next few weeks of this young man because he's going to be sold very soon to give Mr Stendel some money to fix this mess. Hope he goes on to bigger and better things

Remember Celtic get a sizeable chunk of any fee.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Hearing he's off to Man City. £1.6m. Loaned back till the end of the season. Celtic get 30%

I hope we have a sell on coz thats peanuts!

9 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Hearing he's off to Man City. £1.6m. Loaned back till the end of the season. Celtic get 30%

Thats disappointing considering Celtic will take 30% of that.

So they get a whopping £480K & we get £1,120,000. By the time we pay fees to lawyers, agents etc it'll probably be closer to £1m.

Better be a bloody big sell on clause in there for us. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I hope we have a sell on coz thats peanuts!

it’s a hell of a lot for a 17 year old playing in a shit league with less than 50 first team games

and by the way folks if you repeat something as naseum it doesn’t mean it’s true.

we do not need to sell Hickey

but he will not sign and extension and you have all gone tonto before about not maximising sale income due to contracts running out.

Our near record sell on fee - and that for a 17 year old is astonishing - and we’ll get him back for a bit on loan.

so I know it’s difficult but let’s chill out a bit, eh?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Unfortunately he wasn't going to sign a new contract with us so it's forced our hand.

Still think moving to them just now is a bit of a mistake but time will tell. Would have thought another 2 years playing at this level would give him the platform to really kick on.

22 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

So we get £1.12 million

Presumably there are other clauses re appearances, sell on. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thats disappointing considering Celtic will take 30% of that.

So they get a whopping £480K & we get £1,120,000. By the time we pay fees to lawyers, agents etc it'll probably be closer to £1m.

Better be a bloody big sell on clause in there for us. 

You know you don’t get more money for a player just because you have a clunky sell on fee?

The only reason we got him at all was by agreeing to that - would you rather we never had him?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Unfortunately he wasn't going to sign a new contract with us so it's forced our hand.

Still think moving to them just now is a bit of a mistake but time will tell. Would have thought another 2 years playing at this level would give him the platform to really kick on.

He’s going to get loaned back - what’s a bad move about that? For anyone?

Its decent business. 

Who knows how he'll do. He does look a good player but so did Jordan McGhee. 

We did well to get him from Celtic 18 months ago. We've done very well to get him in as first team regular at 17. 

And it's mainly about what he wants to do. So good luck to him. 

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He’s going to get loaned back - what’s a bad move about that? For anyone?

I'm more meaning for his development as opposed to us. I guess the only issue selling him now for us is that we might receive less transfer fee however there's no guarantee he will push on.

Disappointing we haven't managed to get him on a new deal. His future would be best served here for the next 2-3 seasons at least, playing every week.

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I'm more meaning for his development as opposed to us. I guess the only issue selling him now for us is that we might receive less transfer fee however there's no guarantee he will push on.

He might develop better with Man City next season rather than being loaned again. Not sure what team he'd be with. U23s probably not. 

Previous talk was of him being loaned to us next season too but we'll see. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Disappointing we haven't managed to get him on a new deal. His future would be best served here for the next 2-3 seasons at least, playing every week.

We’ve tried and he’s got the richest club in England after him - why the duck would he sign a new deal with us?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

You tend to get a lower fee the less contract he has left. - in the summer it will be one year. If he is not extending now is the time to sell.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'd be surprised, to say the least. 

The young guys are on not much above the national average wage excluding bonuses.

10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We’ve tried and he’s got the richest club in England after him - why the duck would he sign a new deal with us?

I understand why he isn't signing one now but given how good he was in the SC final, I would have hoped that we would be pressing for a new deal from then.

SuperstarSteve
15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You know you don’t get more money for a player just because you have a clunky sell on fee?

The only reason we got him at all was by agreeing to that - would you rather we never had him?

Is that true? As far as I’m aware we chose not to pay compensation, it wasn’t celtics decision, we done a deal that Celtic get 30% of any fee we receive. 

It was a case of pay compensation and Naismith deal was in doubt or give celtic 30% and use the money for Naismith transfer. 

7 minutes ago, Mort said:

And that’s exactly what his future will be. He’ll be nowhere near Man City for at least two seasons. He’ll be loaned immediately back to us. 

Folk saying him not signing a contract forced our hand 😂. As soon as City said they could be interested, Hearts and Hickey have been working together to make sure the deal works best for both parties. Any new deal may have turned City away, bumps the price up etc. This whole move is basically part of Hickeys new deal. Sign for City, get a wage rise, Hearts then contribute to his wage rise whilst having none of the risks. City take all the risk and if he kicks on and becomes a mega star, we have the safety net of a sell on clause. 

We will get so much more than cash as well. This deal is a platform for more deals in the future, total low risk for City but massive rewards for us. If we can sell them a young boy for £1/£2/£3 million every few seasons whilst also being given some of their young boys/new signings in return on loan, then that’s great business. 

Levein/MacPhee have played a huge part in all of this. Just saying. 

On 16/12/2019 at 10:11, Bainy said:

As long as City offer a decent fee and hopefully a few fringe players to fix us till the summer that would be magic. 

I’d be hesitant to rely on loan players in a relegation battle tbh.

55 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

it’s a hell of a lot for a 17 year old playing in a shit league with less than 50 first team games

and by the way folks if you repeat something as naseum it doesn’t mean it’s true.

we do not need to sell Hickey

but he will not sign and extension and you have all gone tonto before about not maximising sale income due to contracts running out.

Our near record sell on fee - and that for a 17 year old is astonishing - and we’ll get him back for a bit on loan.

so I know it’s difficult but let’s chill out a bit, eh?

The sensible post . 

Stop obsessing about Celtic getting 30% (if that is true). Fact is they had an outstanding talent on their books and somehow managed to let us hi-jack 70% of his value, not a bad bit of business imo.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Stop obsessing about Celtic getting 30% (if that is true). Fact is they had an outstanding talent on their books and somehow managed to let us hi-jack 70% of his value, not a bad bit of business imo.

Hickey choosing to come to Hearts was a brilliant decision by him and very good for us. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe the £1.6 million is the public figure for Celtic. 

I sincerely hope we're doing something like that :lol:

Before the cup final hardly any of us had heard of Hickey.

Let's be realistic, if we get 7 figures for a 17 year old and still get to keep him on loan, that's decent business.

Allowayjambo1874

People demanding ever more cash for a 17 year old with less than 30 first team appearances! Reminds me of Andy Driver when people on here where literally posting we shouldn’t sell for less than £5m when we were offered 2.5. 

The figures quoted are decent given experience level, particularly if loaned back for a set period of time.

1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

People demanding ever more cash for a 17 year old with less than 30 first team appearances! Reminds me of Andy Driver when people on here where literally posting we shouldn’t sell for less than £5m when we were offered 2.5. 

The figures quoted are decent given experience level, particularly if loaned back for a set period of time.

Agree with ya....but if he wore blue or green hoops am sure those clubs would demand a lot more

Allowayjambo1874
Just now, Hearts007 said:

Agree with ya....but if he wore blue or green hoops am sure those clubs would demand a lot more

He would be playing at a higher level in Europe though. Like it or not right now our level is on a par with Hamilton and St Mirren!! Jesus that is a hard thing to write.

6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Celtic seem to get top dollar for their players, Rangers not so much although that will probably change going forward with Gerrard in charge. Billy Gilmore one that will probably come back to haunt them. 

I thought Celtic released him. Because he knew Hearts set up was probably keen to come back, not like John Murray to let him back as other youngsters in same scenario have been told no.

1.7m is decent if true.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

3m would be astonishing business. 1.6 would hardly be shit though. Don't understand any negativity around this. This is a textbook example of how our development of players should work, given the size of our club, the financial state of our league, and our proximity to England. We should be scouting other clubs' academies all over Scotland and further to find players to nurture for a transfer to England. It's what Ajax do, and they're a bit more savvy about youth development than we are. It's also why we need a bright, ambitious, and motivating sporting director who understands this. 

On 15/12/2019 at 22:23, afanderson33 said:

I think we should enjoy the next few weeks of this young man because he's going to be sold very soon to give Mr Stendel some money to fix this mess. Hope he goes on to bigger and better things

AB and her beloved CL were in Manchester  recently discussing the potential deal to sell him to Man City.

There is talk that he will be signed in January and then loaned back to us for the rest of ther season.

On 15/12/2019 at 22:38, Famous 1874 said:

As long as we get a good fee i’ll be pleased. 

What would you regard as a good fee? Just interested to know.

loveofthegame
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

What would you regard as a good fee? Just interested to know.

Anything £1m plus is a great return for a 17year old who has looked shaky in as many games as he's excelled in (granted in an appalling side massively lacking in confidence).

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe the £1.6 million is the public figure for Celtic. 

To really make sure Celtic can claim as little as possible we should let them have Hicky for free in exchange for him returning on loan and renegotiating Meshino's loan terms to include an £xm development fee due to us when Meshino plays in x number of games, say.... one?

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Read it again...

I'M DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE ITS ONLY £1.6M NOT BECAUSE THERES A CLAUSE!

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

He was different class on Wednesday.. 😪

If that is the standard we are going to class as 'different class' then this boy will never play at a higher level. I agree he was better than normal but as it stands he has as much chance of making it at Man City as I do.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If that is the standard we are going to class as 'different class' then this boy will never play at a higher level. I agree he was better than normal but as it stands he has as much chance of making it at Man City as I do.

Don’t know what game you where watching on Wednesday as Hickey was excellent. Absolutely strolled it against the best team in the league.