Hickey's future

afanderson33

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, one could argue that to suggest such a thing is exactly what a "throbber" would say. 

Not me tho. 

Unless of course you're a proper Hertz man who would always think the priority for the club is get it up ye Celtic rather than potentially earning millions while under threat of relegation. Obviously you're not a proper Hertz man.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

Tom Hardy’s Dug

A club is a CV - as the list above quoted shows if you get Man City on your CV the world’s your oxter - even if you don’t make it there.

Celtic wouldn’t play him and would likely just loan him to Hibs initially. 

But I do get the point about a mid-EPL team possibly being the best deal for us.

Like McGinn - someone said he isn’t a great example? Villa are doing shit but he is getting raved about. A bigger club will buy him whatever  - just like happened with McCarthy.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

16 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Robertson was 20 when he moved. Big difference between 17 and 20 maturity wise. 

True. I still do not think we should be letting him go for less than £2 million.

15 hours ago, tian447 said:

Arguably, Celtic could offer 30% less than an English club, and just waive the sell on money that they're due, which is probably exactly what would happen. 

I really really hope that Hickey gets out of the goldfish bowl that is Scottish football if he wants a move.  Going to a Glasgow team is the ultimate in lazy moves, as you're admitting that you just want an easier ride, more money, and to win trophies without actually taking a leap and trying to progress your career. 

I'm sure Hearts would rather pay 30% of a full transfer fee to Celtic than give him to Celtic for 30% less. Only Celtic come out of that deal happy. We would have possibly the same money but Hickey would play against us.  No thanks.

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

True. I still do not think we should be letting him go for less than £2 million.

Do you genuinely think anyone will offer money like that for Hickey though. I've not read the last few pages of this thread so got no idea if there has been anything posted in relation to the story which came out about AC Milan being interested. There was previously interest being shown by Manchester City by all accounts but the sort of money being mentioned was £150k, again no idea if that was simply paper talk or not. We are talking about a player who came into the side very late on last season and performed well for us (one could say much like Harry Cochrane did when he first appeared). This season, like every other player at Tynecastle, I don't think he has achieved anything to enhance his value as was. That may happen under Stendel and I genuinely think that Hickey would be more sensible to commit himself to HMFC for another 2/3 years to see how he develops. AC Milan appear to be on a downward spiral within Italian football at the moment and I'd imagine their fans will want any free money they may have spent on players who can come in and make an instant mark and improvement and he could sit in Man City's ranks for a number of years, without playing any first team football.

20 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Do you genuinely think anyone will offer money like that for Hickey though. I've not read the last few pages of this thread so got no idea if there has been anything posted in relation to the story which came out about AC Milan being interested. There was previously interest being shown by Manchester City by all accounts but the sort of money being mentioned was £150k, again no idea if that was simply paper talk or not. We are talking about a player who came into the side very late on last season and performed well for us (one could say much like Harry Cochrane did when he first appeared). This season, like every other player at Tynecastle, I don't think he has achieved anything to enhance his value as was. That may happen under Stendel and I genuinely think that Hickey would be more sensible to commit himself to HMFC for another 2/3 years to see how he develops. AC Milan appear to be on a downward spiral within Italian football at the moment and I'd imagine their fans will want any free money they may have spent on players who can come in and make an instant mark and improvement and he could sit in Man City's ranks for a number of years, without playing any first team football.

Man Utd have just bid £30 million for a player who is 16 and has played 25 games in the English Championship who are 18th and have money troubles.

I'm not suggesting we should hold out for anything like that for Hickey, but £2m doesnt seem anything like unreasonable when that's the selling market we might be dealing in.

54 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

£150k for Hickey ?

😂

portobellojambo1
30 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Man Utd have just bid £30 million for a player who is 16 and has played 25 games in the English Championship who are 18th and have money troubles.

I'm not suggesting we should hold out for anything like that for Hickey, but £2m doesnt seem anything like unreasonable when that's the selling market we might be dealing in.

I'd like to hope that eventually we do get decent money for anyone we sell. I'm not following the transfer window down South at all so got no idea which clubs are looking at other players. For Man U to be considering that sort of money for someone of that age does not a lot more than highlight again just how much Ferguson did for them and how any other manager then employed at the club are going to struggle to come close to his achievements.

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

£150k for Hickey ?

😂

It was something which appeared on here a while back, which is where I got that figure from (was a link to a newspaper story if I remember rightly).

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Top post as usual PJ

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd like to hope that eventually we do get decent money for anyone we sell. I'm not following the transfer window down South at all so got no idea which clubs are looking at other players. For Man U to be considering that sort of money for someone of that age does not a lot more than highlight again just how much Ferguson did for them and how any other manager then employed at the club are going to struggle to come close to his achievements.

It also highlights how much the market in England has moved on, and if we are selling to an English team then we shouldn't be shortchanged.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think we would get £1 million plus for him in the summer.

He is that good a player.

I'd rather we held onto him for a few more years though and then sell him for £2 million+

However, if he isn't willing to sign a new contract then we need to bam up his value as much as possible to sell him in the summer.