• EIEIO

• sadj

• JFK-1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think he's had it taken off the internet. Can't find it anywhere. :(

Still there on his Twitter @GraemeSpiers

He also said yesterday the Press Conference was "sometimes eccentric occasion". 

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

There's plenty of folk hurting around Scottish football from this appointment and I love it

Me too. I think we may have them worried. The Hearts are back! 

Edited by Class of 75

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still there on his Twitter @GraemeSpiers

He also said yesterday the Press Conference was "sometimes eccentric occasion". 

His sensational David Brent-esque piano playing at the end of Scotsport?

Pep guardiola and jurgen  klopp  always look like the have just fallen out of a Milan fashion house right enough  and they seem to be doing  ok .graham

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:laugh:

Playing piano on a shite football highlights show = weirdo

And kind of sums up Scottish football on terrestrial telly - sorry we've just got a few minutes of rubbish footage and even worse commentary which will give you absolutely no sense of the ebb and flow of a real football match, but it will be over quickly and then you can listen to inane chat or even the Best of Elton John played on a cheap keyboard. Phew, that's this week covered. Next week, a feature on manager's pets.

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

I like Graham Spiers but think he may have got this wrong.

Hun with Highers, who can play the piano rather than the flute ďont be fooled by Spiers he's just another Old Firm arse licker. In addition he's not averse to bumming up the playing football the Hibs way shite either.

Let’s be very clear, if Hibs has had hired Stendel and not Ross. They’d have been heralded as footballing Mavericks a forward thinking football club with its finger on the pulse, by the very same guffys who are quick to slate us for doing so.

**** them all!

Edited by droid

The same Graham Spiers that wrote an article blowing smokevup Heckingbottoms backside?

How did that work out Graham? 😂😂😂

At the end of the day, apart from getting dark, it is up to Stendel to prove this lot wrong and get this team of misfits winning games! Let's not beat about the bush he has a massive job on his hands here, as would any other manager we would have got in, I really hope he is up to the task because if they are having a bash now ... if it goes tits up they will have a field day !

This is just Spiers setting a marker so he can claim he was the first to call him out if it goes wrong. 

maybe some of the hindsight kings could do the same rather than waiting to see how it goes then claiming they knew all along that it would go wrong and blaming Levein and Budge for not knowing better in advance. 

1 minute ago, Sid said:

This is just Spiers setting a marker so he can claim he was the first to call him out if it goes wrong. 

maybe some of the hindsight kings could do the same rather than waiting to see how it goes then claiming they knew all along that it would go wrong and blaming Levein and Budge for not knowing better in advance. 

Very good.

I remain “unconvinced” by Scottish journalists in general and couldn’t give 2 f.... what Spiers drivel’s at the best of times 

F... off Spiers. There’s a good boy 

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He always strike me as someone who would be more into badminton or men than football. 

f.t.f.y.   :icon14:

25 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He only started the job yesterday ya bam!

Exactly. So there's no evidence he will succeed. My point is that we went through all this before when Cathro was appointed. So it seems a bit daft to say how fantastic DS is going to be when he's not even been in charge for one game and doesn't have his own staff with him. I'll proclaim him as much as the next person after he's delivered rather than before.

Unfortunately, the media here when covering politics or sport is rife with agenda riven bias.

Speirs with his nasal weasel weege accent thinks better of himself than he ought.

A pseudo intellectual nonentity within the realms of mediocrity.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

😂 yeah sorry you were made to feel uneasy Mr Spiers we should’ve had someone playing the bagpipes and handing out bars of tablet on your way in. Bloody foreigners, coming over here with their foreign ways and funny accents.

We should have arranged a Bukkake party to make Mr Spiers at home. 

Ex member of the SaS

Budge should be looking for a new manager just in case we lose the first game under Stendel.

Feck the media and lets get behind the new manager and show them the " OF " are nothing to fear.

Салатные палочки

Has Mr Spiers explained what "wasn't right" about it/him? 

Has anyone seen F is for Family?  There's an old German guy that stays in the street, always ready with a good morning and a hello and there to help people out but no one in the street truly trusts him because of his accent and the kids are scared of him because people said something "just isn't right" about him. 

1 minute ago, alfajambo said:

Very good.

Someone could tweet Spiers that one.

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Has Mr Spiers explained what "wasn't right" about it/him? 

Has anyone seen F is for Family?  There's an old German guy that stays in the street, always ready with a good morning and a hello and there to help people out but no one in the street truly trusts him because of his accent and the kids are scared of him because people said something "just isn't right" about him. 

Like boo radley.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Got to admit it was a shit press conference. Budge looking traumatised and Danny boy windswept struggling with the accent. 

I don't give a hoot for the press. Score some results they will soon **** off 

2 hours ago, jambovambo said:

"I came away from Tynecastle yesterday feeling uneasy and unconvinced by Daniel Stendel’s appointment

. He seemed unkempt and unclear on various issues. I really admire Ann Budge - I just hope she’s called this right."

https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/1204708562699726848?s=20

Anything he says I take with a pinch of salt. 

My own first impression was the same as Spiers’ - hope to god I’m wrong.

The moaning and abuse on this thread is a bit tedious tbh; not much response to the substance of what he said.

2 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

The moaning and abuse on this thread is a bit tedious tbh; not much response to the substance of what he said.

Genuine question , what to you didn’t feel right about it ?

2 hours ago, jambovambo said:

"I came away from Tynecastle yesterday feeling uneasy and unconvinced by Daniel Stendel’s appointment

. He seemed unkempt and unclear on various issues. I really admire Ann Budge - I just hope she’s called this right."

https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/1204708562699726848?s=20

But never uneasy/unconvinced when his beloved Rangers RIP spent £12 million on Flo or when they racked up humungous season on season losses. AB needs to get the succulent lamb out. Or maybe not. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

3 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Eh? There was zero substance in what he said in the first place 😂

3 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

That he was unkempt so it was therefore obvs something is wrong? 

He conveyed how he wants football played and until that can be put in place 💯 he wants courage shown he’s watched the last three games etc. He was far from unclear about his football ethos. Clearly didn’t wantbto discuss Barnsley and i thought he took his time well when struggling with the accent and was honest

5 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

What was the substance?

It's a gut feeling only. 

Captain Canada

I wonder if Stuart McCall's haircut would have been a talking point if he'd been appointed?

Journalism has never been at a lower ebb in general. Remember when Jeremy Corbyn's glasses were a bit squint in the TV debate and that's what a lot of so-called professional journalists focused on? 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Unkempt? Was he not just back from a training session?

I am unconvinced that shitehawk is even a journalist!

Add the fact that it was a wee bit breezy outside.

I'd have been a bit more concerned if, when he's about to face the media for the first time, our manager was more concerned about if his hair looked nice rather than what his plans for the club are.

He Who Cannot Be Named
21 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Unfortunately, the media here when covering politics or sport is rife with agenda riven bias.

Speirs with his nasal weasel weege accent thinks better of himself than he ought.

Spiers is from Fife.

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 hours ago, S Form said:

I only put it on here because the comments are exactly the same as they were when we gave Cathro his job - 'the MSM hate it when we try anything radical', 'they're out to get us', 'get back in your box OF pandering sycophant'  etc etc.

Daniel Standel might have the talent and personality to change they way we play and perform but he's got a very big job on his hands and, so far, there's absolutely no evidence that he will succeed.

While I agree there is also no justification in looking for and documenting reasons that he won’t succeed.

Needs to run a brush through his hair and speaks a bit funny are in no way evidence that he will not succeed.

53 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Let’s just wait and see

the press were right about cathro in many ways 

Much as you talk in cliches etc this is fair enough. The press never let Cathro breathe though. Heckingbottom was the best thing in the world said the press , Spiers included but Stendel is useless as his hair was unkempt

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

We all knew this was coming.

My worry is our own fans buy into this nonesense.

Anyone who pays attention or gives credence to the Scottish footballing press deserves all they get.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Glamorgan Jambo

Spiers passed his sell by date many years ago. 

He was the same with Cathro. He's nothing to lose from this position. Can say he thought this would happen if all doesn't end well, and say what a pleasant surprise it was if everything works out.

His 'contacts' are raging that none of them got the job. That's all

I will judge Stendel on what happens on the park not how he looks in a presser! He is in for a rough ride because CL has left the poor ******* will an absolute pile of shite to make a team out of but see if he gets of to a flyer how good would that be? Clunts like Spiers will have to swallow the lot! But getting back to managerial appointments... they are all a complete gamble even the very highest ranked managers can have a mare it has been seen over and over again.

I sense some good could come of all this. Developing a siege mentality as a club could be the right attitude for staging a recovery, we are far too pleasant.

Edited by Jodami

I'm in the neutral corner re- Stendel and dont blame Spiers if that's his honest opinion. Stendel on the other hand didnt bum us up as the big club and do the "usual speak" you hear in Scottish football. Let's be positive though and give him time. I do get the feeling though that he'll be off quick smart. if he gets an offer from a bigger league.

7 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I wonder if Stuart McCall's haircut would have been a talking point if he'd been appointed?

Journalism has never been at a lower ebb in general. Remember when Jeremy Corbyn's glasses were a bit squint in the TV debate and that's what a lot of so-called professional journalists focused on? 

Tbf they do that because that's what the general public like to focus on. 

Byyy The Light
12 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

I didn’t think it was a good press conference. I put the blame firmly at the media’s door for that.  The questioning from the word go was terrible. Prodding to get a negative angle and get them to slip up about Barnsley. They then focussed on existing staff which is a minefield to answer due to employment law. To then move on to interrogate Ann about Sporting Director. This was all before any questions were asked about his arrival and the managers role.  It was a shocker from the people asking the questions.

Throw in language difficulties with the Scottish accent and its very easy to see why he might have felt and come across uncomfortable. 

14 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Really - all the shit about the man's appearance and the sinister stuff about "something not right".  Shit journalism from an old firm arse kicker of the first order. It didn't take him long to try and find something, indeed anything negative to say about this appointment. Par for the course. He's obviously worried - but not for us.

In the door one day, and he’s already upset the weegia.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Keep on keeping on Daniel ❤️❤️❤️

Heart of Darkness
53 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And kind of sums up Scottish football on terrestrial telly - sorry we've just got a few minutes of rubbish footage and even worse commentary which will give you absolutely no sense of the ebb and flow of a real football match, but it will be over quickly and then you can listen to inane chat or even the Best of Elton John played on a cheap keyboard. Phew, that's this week covered. Next week, a feature on manager's pets.

Nailed it Mars!!