Spiers on Stendel

jambovambo

"I came away from Tynecastle yesterday feeling uneasy and unconvinced by Daniel Stendel’s appointment

. He seemed unkempt and unclear on various issues. I really admire Ann Budge - I just hope she’s called this right."

https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/1204708562699726848?s=20

Edited by jambovambo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• EIEIO

• sadj

• JFK-1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

I came away from Tynecastle yesterday feeling uneasy and unconvinced by Daniel Stendel’s appointment

. He seemed unkempt and unclear on various issues. I really admire Ann Budge - I just hope she’s called this right.

She has 

He's getting replies on twitter such as "Pedro Caixinha was always immaculate and look how that turned out"

Then (re Pedro) "he did look like he'd been dragged through a hedge once

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Unkempt? Was he not just back from a training session?

I am unconvinced that shitehawk is even a journalist!

Just a mouth piece for rangers

Quite an interesting tweet. Ignoring Daniels plan to implement a different style of play, his previous record at Hanover, his previous record at Barnsley or the fact Daniel was having issues with the accent/dialect. Focusing on the big issue that DS could’ve been doing with a comb through his hair seems pretty important. 

Crapping it incase we actually start challenging in this league like we should be doing. Dont forget this mob told us the league would collapse without Rangers. As it happened it didnt! And that was without Rangers, Hearts & Hibs at the same time!  Slavering sycophantic arse pieces!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

We are getting it from all angles from the media at the moment. 

Hopefully creates a siege mentality amongst the fans and club however it creates unnecessary pressure.

Cathro buckled with the pressure but he wasn’t a manager hopefully Stendel will just take it all in his stride. 

The media have been an embarrassment regarding us for a while. Yesterday’s press conference was an example of them constantly looking to bring up the negative instead of focusing on the positives. I think a lot of it comes from us trying to do things a bit differently and especially in the west there’s, IMO, a strong disliking of Budge. A lot of which I believe to be non footballing issues.

Germans first day in the building knows zero people and he looked uneasy 

Judge after 5 mins in the door I'm sure Daniel was distraught you weren't convinced Graham 

Feck off Spiers ya clown 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

There's plenty of folk hurting around Scottish football from this appointment and I love it

👍

I've said it before and I will say it again. 

Hearts have always been the club in Scotland who could upset the status quo. 

Everytime we look like we are getting it together the knives come out.

Fear. 

Brick Tamland
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Quite an interesting tweet. Ignoring Daniels plan to implement a different style of play, his previous record at Hanover, his previous record at Barnsley or the fact Daniel was having issues with the accent/dialect. Focusing on the big issue that DS could’ve been doing with a comb through his hair seems pretty important. 

This nails it, there were so many things he could have picked up on but he picked up on his hair needing combed, ffs, embarrassing level of ‘journalism’ and I suspect that this is just the start of the usual MSM shitefest towards DS and us. 

The MSM in Scotland, and especially the sports hacks, is laughable. 

alwaysthereinspirit

I'd like to know since 2012 how many times he's left Ibrox after a new managers announcement. Thinking "yeah this is the one"

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

There's plenty of folk hurting around Scottish football from this appointment and I love it

Absolutely this. I’ll go on the seethe reaction alone that this is a decent appointment. It’s a threat.

24 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

"I came away from Tynecastle yesterday feeling uneasy and unconvinced by Daniel Stendel’s appointment

. He seemed unkempt and unclear on various issues. I really admire Ann Budge - I just hope she’s called this right."

Spiers has embarrassed himself with this. Appallingly bad judgement.

Trying to look at this from the outside it is all a bit strange and very like the situation when we appointed Cathro. We bring in a person with a brief track record, albeit a successful one with Barnsley. However, he's not allowed to bring with him his own backroom staff. Instead, we are left with all the same characters who have been hanging around for the past few years.

So, we have a relatively inexperienced guy operating in an environment he's not familiar with having to depend for guidance on people he's replaced. He'll need some balls and character to bring about radical changes in that scenario. 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

He should have offered to play the piano for him to help him relax. Ridiculous succulent lamb munching tit.

😂 yeah sorry you were made to feel uneasy Mr Spiers we should’ve had someone playing the bagpipes and handing out bars of tablet on your way in. Bloody foreigners, coming over here with their foreign ways and funny accents.

Scottish media is well and truly stuck in the Stone Age. 

in the past 48 hours I’ve now read or listened to absolute garbage, mainly about how it’s a huge risk hiring someone with no knowledge of Scottish football, and how there were good Scottish candidates that were more than capable of doing the job. 

Gary Caldwell was the first on Sportsound to say he thought it was risky and it should have gone to a manager with Scottish knowledge - this coming for a failure of a manager who would never stand a chance of such a high profile job. 

Then Ian McCall last night banging on about how he thinks it’s a huge risk and that Robbo should have got it and that Stendels managerial record is far from good.  Jim Jeffries wasn’t exactly positive about it either 

and now today reading that fud from the record saying he thinks it’s a risk and that Stendel was unkempt and unclear (had been training in a storm all day and isn’t fluent in English) 

Media like this is part of the reason why Scottish football is a joke and never seems to move forward,  new ideas are laughed out of town straight away. 

historically when Scottish teams have been poor in Europe against so called smaller clubs, it’s not because they have better players, it’s because they play styles of football that we are not use to and can’t handle. Now I for one think the style of football that Stendels teams play will firstly excite us fan, but also cause huge problems for the teams we come up against. 

1 minute ago, S Form said:

Trying to look at this from the outside it is all a bit strange and very like the situation when we appointed Cathro. We bring in a person with a brief track record, albeit a successful one with Barnsley. However, he's not allowed to bring with him his own backroom staff. Instead, we are left with all the same characters who have been hanging around for the past few years.

So, we have a relatively inexperienced guy operating in an environment he's not familiar with having to depend for guidance on people he's replaced. He'll need some balls and character to bring about radical changes in that scenario. 

it’s probably not the thread for it but I think you have some legitimate concerns.

Brick Tamland
Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'd like to know since 2012 how many times he's left Ibrox after a new managers announcement. Thinking "yeah this is the one"

I’d like to know how any sports journalist thinks that their readership is interested in someone being unkempt or not. 

Big story for you here son go and interview the new Hearts manager, big support, lot of interest up and down the country as he appears to be a bit of a character...

... ‘Daniel Stendel the new Hearts manager needs to comb his hair’

Well done Graham that’s what people want to pay to read. 

While I'm excited with the appointment and look forward to us hitting the reset button by giving players another chance to earn first team selection I do have some lingering concerns.  While I very much want to pop the happy pills I'm not at all convinced by the manner in which this appointment has been made, the absence of the new managers preferred team, the pending legal distractions (Barton and potentially Barnsley?) and the loitering in the background of ALL of the usual suspects. 

That said the bottom line is time will tell and what we need to do right now is pull together in order to give him the best chance of success, hopefully this extends to giving the players a little more room to make errors without barracking them.

He does look quite casually dressed most of the time. I have no idea how this impacts on his abilities as a football manager.

Edited by Sooperstar

10 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

:lol:

I'll be monitoring Stendel's beard growth and hair as a result of this expert observation.    Might even bring my razor and brilliantine with me,   just in case.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Spiers is a decent journo. I’m concerned about some of what Budge is doing/saying tbh.

But Stendel is a quality appointment and we should back him to the hilt. The MSM need to remember that he’s inheriting a shambles and not slaughter him on the basis of his first couple of month. It’s going to be tough

19 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

It's this exactly. 

Same reason they all piled on Cathro (I know that didn't work out, but nobody never knew that at the start, yet still they lined up to have a go).  Anyone doing anything which might in any way rock the boat is reason enough for the attacks to start from our pathetic, Glasgow biased press.

15 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Germans first day in the building knows zero people and he looked uneasy 

Judge after 5 mins in the door I'm sure Daniel was distraught you weren't convinced Graham 

Feck off Spiers ya clown 

Irrelevant little man🤮🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Well really if that does not convince every Hearts Supporter of how thick our sports writers (I won’t call them journalists) are then nothing will.  Spiers, the archetypal Old Firm arse licker coming away with drivel about the mans hairstyle - absolutely pathetic. They all need to be called out for what they are when they show face at our ground.

Brick Tamland
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

it’s probably not the thread for it but I think you have some legitimate concerns.

I think it is the thread for it - these are thing Spiers could have tweeted but his thought process was to tweet about him being unkempt! It’s a football club managers first interview not a fashion show. 
if I’m coming over all anti MSM in this thread it’s because I can’t stand the lickpsittle, sycophantic, useless shitheads that write this shite. 

Didn't Spiers come out with comments about being concerned about the state of the new stand, and that it was a glorified building site.

He was referring to the area where the 1874 bar and club shop now sit, but had still to completed at that time

Just now, HighTimes said:

It's this exactly. 

Same reason they all piled on Cathro (I know that didn't work out, but nobody never knew that at the start, yet still they lined up to have a go).  Anyone doing anything which might in any way rock the boat is reason enough for the attacks to start from our pathetic, Glasgow biased press.

Only one person stood up for Cathro. I think it was Chris Sutton (maybe Hartson).

Our Scottish fitba media are in a disgusting state of affairs. Happy to comment on anything except actual football / tactics.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Spiers is a decent journo. I’m concerned about some of what Budge is doing/saying tbh.

But Stendel is a quality appointment and we should back him to the hilt. The MSM need to remember that he’s inheriting a shambles and not slaughter him on the basis of his first couple of month. It’s going to be tough

Rarely agree with you but having worked with Spiers he is a decent bloke and journalist. The tweet though is as out of order as the pathetic comments and ignorance on sportsound last night. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I only put it on here because the comments are exactly the same as they were when we gave Cathro his job - 'the MSM hate it when we try anything radical', 'they're out to get us', 'get back in your box OF pandering sycophant'  etc etc.

Daniel Standel might have the talent and personality to change they way we play and perform but he's got a very big job on his hands and, so far, there's absolutely no evidence that he will succeed.

6 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Scottish media is well and truly stuck in the Stone Age. 

in the past 48 hours I’ve now read or listened to absolute garbage, mainly about how it’s a huge risk hiring someone with no knowledge of Scottish football, and how there were good Scottish candidates that were more than capable of doing the job. 

Gary Caldwell was the first on Sportsound to say he thought it was risky and it should have gone to a manager with Scottish knowledge - this coming for a failure of a manager who would never stand a chance of such a high profile job. 

Then Ian McCall last night banging on about how he thinks it’s a huge risk and that Robbo should have got it and that Stendels managerial record is far from good.  Jim Jeffries wasn’t exactly positive about it either 

and now today reading that fud from the record saying he thinks it’s a risk and that Stendel was unkempt and unclear (had been training in a storm all day and isn’t fluent in English) 

Media like this is part of the reason why Scottish football is a joke and never seems to move forward,  new ideas are laughed out of town straight away. 

historically when Scottish teams have been poor in Europe against so called smaller clubs, it’s not because they have better players, it’s because they play styles of football that we are not use to and can’t handle. Now I for one think the style of football that Stendels teams play will firstly excite us fan, but also cause huge problems for the teams we come up against. 

They look for any negative angle possible!

Yesterday Stendel said in his press conference that he had only previously heard of a few Scottish clubs before, including Hearts. He then tells a story that he hadn’t heard of Hibs until he joined Barnsley and found out that their previous manger - Heckingbottom, had went to them. 

The weegie press then turn the story around today and claim he said he had never heard of Hearts, not Hibs like he had said....

Pathetic journalism!! 

There rightly are concerns. From me. We appoint someone with no experience of Scottish football. Not much by the way of a track record elsewhere. That said, every appointment is a risk. The fact he looks untidy and uncomfortable at his first press conference means nowt. 

We have a track record as football supporters of getting excited with new players, managers etc etc and time after time we end up disappointed. 

I am pleased that the club have got who they appear to have been after and hope against hope that he turns out to be the right man. 

We all slagged Kris Boyd and his like with their criticism of Cathros appointment and style and they were all right.  I am not going to get too self righteous in condemnation of them qustioning Stendles appointment but will choose to ignore what they say and hope that he turns out well for us.  

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Rarely agree with you but having worked with Spiers he is a decent bloke and journalist. The tweet though is as out of order as the pathetic comments and ignorance on sportsound last night. 

This. Spiers is usually not too bad. To comment that someone is unkempt though. I was hoping society was starting to get past judging folk on how they look. A very arsey comment from a sports journalist (who all look immaculate all the time of course).

Nelly Terraces

Inbreeding & a small gene pool isn't something that leads to a healthy, longterm outcome.

The state of 'Scoattish Fitbaw' the past 30 years is positive proof of that. Riven with cliquey self interest & suspicion of any 'FORENERRS!!1! coming in teaching them a thing or 2.

Chronic stuff.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Imagine if Spiers had said the opposite and he "admired" the appointment. This thread would look very different!

Ever since he played that piano, I've regarded Spiers as a weirdo who was best ignored.