jamborich

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That may well be true. Can you maybe find a real life example where a manager has came to a club without his own assistant(s) but the club still has the ex-manager, the ex-interim manager and all the previous coaches still at the club?

Can you honestly say this situation seems ok?

I don’t have the google skills to do that. I did think Stendel would bring at least one assistant but there could be several reasons for that ranging from not having the money to not wanting the threat of further Barnsley court action ( against the club and/or the individual ) at the moment  

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Vlad Magic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Were you removed from that role due to incompetence?

If so then well done playing the system.

If not then that's fair enough.

No comment. 😎

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Strikes me that Ann has give the torn pussed gum bumpers something to moan about, let's be honest, if it wasn't CL then it would be something else, then something else etc etc repeat.

She knows what she's doing and she knew the reaction it would cause.

Keeps everybody happy as far as I can gather from here and other media sources. 

That’s funny. Not seen you moan once on this thread. 

The Mercer Takeover
58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The board clearly think that keeping him on to do some work while he’s bring paid is best for the club. 

The club clearly didn't want to remove Levein from the managers post at all and only fan power did that. As such, I'm not sure this argument holds too much water.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That may well be true. Can you maybe find a real life example where a manager has came to a club without his own assistant(s) but the club still has the ex-manager, the ex-interim manager and all the previous coaches still at the club?

Can you honestly say this situation seems ok?

It appears to be “OK” with Stendel. It appears to be ok with the board and appears to be OK with Levein. It appears to be “OK” with incoming and outgoing (if this happens) assistants.

So all the most important people involved in this process appear to be “OK” with it.

IT also appears the vast majority of people here on JKB are “OK” with it bar a few very vocal posters.

I think this whole thing has been handled incredibly well by Ann Budge and she deserves massive credit for keeping the vast majority happy when making some extremely difficult and challenging decisions.

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nope. As I’ve said before, the board must believe he can add value in doing what he is currently doing. I’ve see many people ( including myself ) removed from a role and given something else to do to see out a contractual commitment. 

Is this the same board who thought he was doing a good job as manager when practically everyone else could plainly see he was a busted flush?

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Where is it documented and even if he is he doesn’t have the power or backing to do that anymore. 

It's documented on internet fora, Dave, and everyone knows that's where all the facts are. 

He didn't have the power to pull Neilson's or Cathro's strings either according to the official line, and we all know he definitely never had a tug at those, don't we. 

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

It appears to be “OK” with Stendel. It appears to be ok with the board and appears to be OK with Levein. It appears to be “OK” with incoming and outgoing (if this happens) assistants.

So all the most important people involved in this process appear to be “OK” with it.

IT also appears the vast majority of people here on JKB are “OK” with it bar a few very vocal posters.

I think this whole thing has been handled incredibly well by Ann Budge and she deserves massive credit for keeping the vast majority happy when making some extremely difficult and challenging decisions.

Stendel didn't seem to be ok with it. He said it was his 'biggest wish' to have his assistant in place. He also doesn't know CL or any of the coaches or AM so we'll see of he's ok with it.

5 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

The club clearly didn't want to remove Levein from the managers post at all and only fan power did that. As such, I'm not sure this argument holds too much water.

I think the club did want to remove Levein after the performances in the first 11 games. Personally, I thought they left it too late. 

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Really? How do you get that? I can assure you all my supporters bus are really disappointed she has not used this chance to get rid of the deadwood and unite the fans. Stendel should have been allowed his own assistant. Levein is NOT the type of man to sit in the background and say nowt. Far too arrogant for that. Macphee is also very unpopular with players and scouts. Jobs for the boys!

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is this the same board who thought he was doing a good job as manager when practically everyone else could plainly see he was a busted flush?

It's documented on internet fora, Dave, and everyone knows that's where all the facts are. 

He didn't have the power to pull Neilson's or Cathro's strings either according to the official line, and we all know he definitely never had a tug at those, don't we. 

He was Cathro and Neilson’s line manager so pulling some strings would and should be expected imo. 

The Mercer Takeover
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think the club did want to remove Levein after the performances in the first 11 games. Personally, I thought they left it too late. 

The very fact that supporters on social media and on here are still arguing over Levein, even after a new manager has been appointed, shows why he should have been removed permanently.

We should all now be united and focused on Stendel and the team, yet this sideshow is still making headlines.

I get the impression that Budge is trying to do the right thing for everyone but achieving nothing in the process. 

This will not settle until this man is gone permanently.

2 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

The very fact that supporters on social media and on here are still arguing over Levein, even after a new manager has been appointed, shows why he should have been removed permanently.

We should all now be united and focused on Stendel and the team, yet this sideshow is still making headlines.

I get the impression that Budge is trying to do the right thing for everyone but achieving nothing in the process. 

Which will be in the summer 

3 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Probably. She has to factor supporter discontent into her decisions so she must be of the opinion that the benefits of getting him to do something useful while still being paid outweigh the negatives. 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Stendel didn't seem to be ok with it. He said it was his 'biggest wish' to have his assistant in place. He also doesn't know CL or any of the coaches or AM so we'll see of he's ok with it.

Ok with it enough to sign a two n half year contract 👍

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

But the delay in his "biggest wish" is more likely to be the fault of Barnsley and not CL.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

If you're a disgruntled player or coach where do you go?

Also, CL is  a very strong character who I don't believe for a second has accepted his role at the club is over come the summer.

He is working in a redefined role away from the 1st team and where he seems to have the skillset.

I would guess that if that role turns out not to be to his satisfaction, he will be looking for employment at another club long before the summer - and AM too.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I doubt many will be shocked to see you admit that getting your jollies on an internet forum is more important to you than a successful Hearts team.

I never said that. 

You just made that all up by yourself. 

It's like the daily mail quoting corbyn. 

😂😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Solid reasoning. Here being the important thing. The real world is fairly shit tbf. 😀

😳😂👍

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never said that. 

You just made that all up by yourself. 

It's like the daily mail quoting corbyn. 

😂😂😂😂

So you want him to remain and get increased powers why exactly?

43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s certainly an opinion. The board have to make a judgement on that. In most businesses when a senior manager is removed from a role they don’t often clear the decks and empty everyone that reports to them. They get a new guy in to assess what needs to be done. They then generally bring in people they know and trust over time keeping some of the previous people or moving them on. 

I don't think you can compare a football club to a normal company to be honest. Football clubs don't usually have the luxury of time to assess what needs to be done in the way you suggest, especially when in shit as deep are we are currently.

DS has been here two days and in two days' time will undergo his first performance review conducted in person by upwards of 15000 fully invested "customers". I think we could have done more (or at least said less) in order to remove external distractions that will quickly rise to the surface again if things don't get off to a good start on Saturday.

That said, it is only St Johnstone. I'm fairly confident even AM could have got something from this game, so we could hardly have hoped for an easier start to a new regime. Here's hoping!

1 minute ago, Cut The Crap said:

I don't think you can compare a football club to a normal company to be honest. Football clubs don't usually have the luxury of time to assess what needs to be done in the way you suggest, especially when in shit as deep are we are currently.

DS has been here two days and in two days' time will undergo his first performance review conducted in person by upwards of 15000 fully invested "customers". I think we could have done more (or at least said less) in order to remove external distractions that will quickly rise to the surface again if things don't get off to a good start on Saturday.

That said, it is only St Johnstone. I'm fairly confident even AM could have got something from this game, so we could hardly have hoped for an easier start to a new regime. Here's hoping!

I agree that being open and honest hasn’t helped in this situation. Sometimes it’s best to say nothing. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I agree that being open and honest hasn’t helped in this situation. Sometimes it’s best to say nothing. 

I think she said too much on Tuesday. How open and honest she was remains to be seen.

20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

But the delay in his "biggest wish" is more likely to be the fault of Barnsley and not CL.

Not trying to  say otherwise. My issue is the set up as it stands.

Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Other football clubs manage to run their affairs perfectly well without Craig Levein.

The fact that some folk still see fit to imply that he's essential to Hearts - in any capacity - is hilarious.

Best post on this thread.

He is a big turd that needs flushed down the pan ASAP. 

Governor Tarkin
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He was Cathro and Neilson’s line manager so pulling some strings would and should be expected imo. 

So as acting co-sporting director you can categorically guarantee that he will not be meddling in any way in Herr Gruppenführer's geschäft?

Forgive me my scepticism.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So as acting co-sporting director you can categorically guarantee that he will not be meddling in any way in Herr Gruppenführer's geschäft?

Nobody could guarantee it. Some think it's likely (me) others seem to think its unlikely. The risk is there, regardless of the size of the risk.

The ill defined role of working with the academy and 'a bit more than that' isn't helping. Cagey as ****.

1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Correct

38 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

It's not a comparison it's a fact. We ARE a company

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody could guarantee it. Some think it's likely (me) others seem to think its unlikely. The risk is there, regardless of the size of the risk.

The ill defined role of working with the academy and 'a bit more than that' isn't helping. Cagey as ****.

It's ****ing madness, Gin.

Madness.

image.png.2dc80702c36fd900e3299e577d5ded6d.png

Edited by Governor Tarkin

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Scepticism is always an option but he is not Herr Stendel’s chef so it’s a different scenario. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Other football clubs manage to run their affairs perfectly well without Craig Levein.

The fact that some folk still see fit to imply that he's essential to Hearts - in any capacity - is hilarious.

Who implied that?

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I doubt many will be shocked to see you admit that getting your jollies on an internet forum is more important to you than a successful Hearts team.

Spot on. His motives have never been clearer.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Who implied that?

That Vlad Magic asked a hypothetical question which did just that.

Read the thread.

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Scepticism is always an option but he is not Herr Stendel’s chef so it’s a different scenario. 

Aye, aye. :mw_rolleyes:

The fact that there's a 'scenario' at all absolutely stinks.

2 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

From my understanding Craig will leave at the end of his contract _ until then he will be doing Academy stuff _ well away from the first team. If he is doing a decent job and it's avoiding a pay off I can live with that.  If beyond the end of his current contract it is decided he is the best person for that job I would be happy he got it on a much reduced salary commensurate with that role.

Similarly with Austin. 

As for Daly and Fox they will similarly be on contracts that would need paid up. I would rather have them put out the cones and we got a new player. I think Stendel will get his own team in but it might take a few months (maybe FoH could help)

They all should get the same treatment as Lockie (ex manager remember) _ well away from the first team and on a rate appropriate for the job PROVIDED they are the best people for the job.

This is exactly where I am. Folk getting shouted down for this very reasonable train of thought just smacks of anger at where we are now and putting blame and punishment before fixing it.

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Which will be in the summer 

Unless he’s offered a contract extension. AB has repeatedly stated how “valuable” he is to her and Hearts. It’s definitely a possibility and IMO very likely. 

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

We should just rename hearts to Craig Levein FC and be done with it.

Doesn't fit in with any of the songs. Wrong amount of syllables.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Gents 

FWIW I agree wholeheartedly with the posts and comments made by all

More to the point I am actually at the point that I question anyone’s intent when they still try and defend him at this current point in time 

I just cannot fathom why any real Hearts Supporters will try and defend the guy at all. He has single handedly destroyed the club in everything he set out to do but still has the gall to remain at the club for the duration of his contract 

This is not a man who cares or LOVES this club as if it had been you, me, or any other supporters who at least cared in the slightest we would have walked away, without any re-compensation, and stated with fact that we were not good enough and had damaged the club as a result of our performance.

Any real Hearts supporter and who was put in Craig Leveins position after overseeing the last 5 years would have done this. The reason he didn’t is that he is a mercenary and was more interested in his back pocket than anything else. 

If that isn’t the case give me one valid reason why he didn’t walk away immediately ?

I dont doubt there are genuine supporters still backing him but for FFS folks, time to call a halt to that shit. I don’t take any pleasure in saying it, but for the umpteenth time how much damage does it take 1 person to do before folk stop getting blindsided by this Hearts legend pish and give him leeway 

I am fully behind AB and her new appointment.I think Stendel is our out and out hope of getting us out of this crap but hope to god that she started what she needs to finish and that’s getting rid of the dead wood and anchors on our back we have carried for the last 5 years. Not ideal,but clear them the feck out. If that’s what Stendel wants, give him the call.

If we can waste 200k on Wighton we can waste the same paying him his severence which is obviously more important to him as an individual and rid ourselves of this negativity full stop 

might be a rant but I’m so happy with the Stendel appointment as much as I am so angry at not only the abject failure levein has presided over but also the mans so called meaning for the club as if it had meant even an ounce of feeling to him he would have walked away and for good 

Well said.

25 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Unless he’s offered a contract extension. AB has repeatedly stated how “valuable” he is to her and Hearts. It’s definitely a possibility and IMO very likely. 

If he does a good job, then that’s no bad thing.

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If he does a good job, then that’s no bad thing.

At Least your being honest. My counter would be him doing a good job is subjective and I’m not sure AB would see what some of the fans see in terms of his performance. 

5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

At Least your being honest. My counter would be him doing a good job is subjective and I’m not sure AB would see what some of the fans see in terms of his performance. 

Im not saying that as some blind CL disciple, I’m just applying the logic that he has done a good job at that sort of thing in the past, and not letting his failures as a manager this last year close my mind to him doing a good job at that stuff again. 

Budge is his boss, and of course it will be partly down to her opinion on what he achieves, but she is a successful business woman too, and I absolutely believe she would put his actual performance before her friendship with him.

Anyway, I suppose we should just wait and see what happens before deciding he’s good or shit at the job. 👍

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, 11 Craig Leveins said:

The man's a hearts legend let him get on with the job in hand **** the haters 

He's a leg end.

:tongue:

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Im not saying that as some blind CL disciple, I’m just applying the logic that he has done a good job at that sort of thing in the past, and not letting his failures as a manager this last year close my mind to him doing a good job at that stuff again. 

Budge is his boss, and of course it will be partly down to her opinion on what he achieves, but she is a successful business woman to, and I absolutely believe she would put his actual performance before her friendship with him.

Anyway, I suppose we should just wait and see what happens before deciding he’s good or shit at the job. 👍

There’s always AM getting the blame if it goes south !

To me, to you.......!

:callme: