jamborich

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s good that you’ve pointed out that we had injuries because it’s never been mentioned in the past

You're uncomfortable with the fact injuries were a factor but fine with multiple Levein threads?

Start the same thread, get the same arguments. 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Vlad Magic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I agree, I was  trying to point out the Possible financial implications from sacking all the coaching staff at once. The same people who want rid of Levein, McPhee, Daly, Fox and Budge ASAP would then be up in arms when we’re skint.  Levein has already been removed from first team duties and hopefully the coaching staff can be restructured between now and the end of season to assist our new manager, in the best way he sees fit to get us up the league and start afresh next season. 

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if DS has been told that his only focus is to avoid the drop and everything else will be in place for the start of next season.

Edit: Sorry, I think that's pretty much what you said.

Edited by graygo

30 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

People desperately trying to defend Ann's crap decision making 😂

No, trying to defend the timing of her decisions. 

Gordon Ramsay
28 minutes ago, graygo said:

No, trying to defend the timing of her decisions. 

Wait, so, appointing the two men who have just overseen one of the worst runs of form (if not the worst) in our history as 'temporary joint SD' seems like a good decision? 

I hope you aren't running a business as you're standards must be incredibly low.

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

the fact is he is the worst manager in our history isn’t he ? With one of the highest budgets afforded to a manager here, with the best facilities in our history, and the highest crowds in recent decades.

He has put us in this mire through incompetence, pissing money down the drain on any players he took a fancy to, and continued to spunk money on giving Ridiculously long huge deals to players that were big risk (I do exclude Naismith). He was responsible for Cathros appointment , so adding it all up I fail to see anything other than total and utter failure.

whilst we had a great start last season let’s not kid ourselves on here. It wasn’t exactly the same as the Burley era. 

I certainly do not hate the man, but if anybody performed like him in my workplace then I’m sorry they would be out. It’s worrying that Ann Budge (who I wholeheartedly support (Levein aside) and am thankful for) sees fit to give him this role , wether it’s for another 6 months or more. 

Time will tell, but as far as I can see after the euphoria of our new manager , to come out and tell us this is only going to put immense pressure on the squad , new manager, and future ST sales etc. He appears to have some unhealthy hold over her despite the devastation he has caused.

How anyone can disagree with this I don’t know. 
Craig.....just **** the **** off. 
One new face in this utter disaster of a set up? Same failures hanging around? It literally beggars belief. 
I get that some fans think this place is full of hibs fans trolling or whatever but deep down you all know this isn’t right. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

One new face in this utter disaster of a set up? Same failures hanging around? It literally beggars belief. 
I get that some fans think this place is full of hibs fans trolling or whatever but deep down you all know this isn’t right. 

I always thought the Stockholm Syndrome was far fetched, but after reading the crap supporting two negative losers, I have changed my mind.

Negative people have to be emptied from any business, as keeping them around will  affect others. Furthermore, I think Ann Budges timing of Leveins firing has antagonised a large proportion  supporters. This latest farce in the Craig Levin saga has infuriated them even more.

Finally, this is a distraction for Stendel that has no positives, and could  undermine his efforts to rid ourselves of the mess Levein created.

We_are_the_Hearts

How sad is it that a once brilliant CH who was a club legend and then respected manager is now hanging about with no shame, despised by most and doing anything to pick up a wage knowing this will be his last ever one in football. Lost all dignity and shame and undermining the new manager and the chance for the club to come together and get back on track. Just go ya loser.

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I always thought the Stockholm Syndrome was far fetched, but after reading the crap supporting two negative losers, I have changed my mind.

Negative people have to be emptied from any business, as keeping them around will  affect others. Furthermore, I think Ann Budges timing of Leveins firing has antagonised a large proportion  supporters. This latest farce in the Craig Levin saga has infuriated them even more.

Finally, this is a distraction for Stendel that has no positives, and could  undermine his efforts to rid ourselves of the mess Levein created.

5 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

How sad is it that a once brilliant CH who was a club legend and then respected manager is now hanging about with no shame, despised by most and doing anything to pick up a wage knowing this will be his last ever one in football. Lost all dignity and shame and undermining the new manager and the chance for the club to come together and get back on track. Just go ya loser.

The stench of Levein will weigh heavy around Hearts until he’s gone. This was Ann’s chance to regain the support and get everyone behind her and the club again with the Stendel appointment. Instead she’s brought more angst her way by keeping this loser mooching about, it just isn’t the way to run a football club, he’s run us into the ground ffs.  I don’t care what he’s doing I want him gone, get him to **** out of here!! If he had any deep feeling for this club he’d be gone. 

He’s getting near Pressley territory for me in that I’ll never want to see him back at the club ever again. 

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Eh??? She did not make “the difficult decision” until the team was right in the shit! That is the point.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great post, you just can’t rule out her giving him another role at the club. It shows she doesn’t realise how much of our support want him away from the club, even though he’s cost us a fortune in attendances alone this season already. 

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

the fact is he is the worst manager in our history isn’t he ? With one of the highest budgets afforded to a manager here, with the best facilities in our history, and the highest crowds in recent decades.

He has put us in this mire through incompetence, pissing money down the drain on any players he took a fancy to, and continued to spunk money on giving Ridiculously long huge deals to players that were big risk (I do exclude Naismith). He was responsible for Cathros appointment , so adding it all up I fail to see anything other than total and utter failure.

whilst we had a great start last season let’s not kid ourselves on here. It wasn’t exactly the same as the Burley era. 

I certainly do not hate the man, but if anybody performed like him in my workplace then I’m sorry they would be out. It’s worrying that Ann Budge (who I wholeheartedly support (Levein aside) and am thankful for) sees fit to give him this role , wether it’s for another 6 months or more. 

Time will tell, but as far as I can see after the euphoria of our new manager , to come out and tell us this is only going to put immense pressure on the squad , new manager, and future ST sales etc. He appears to have some unhealthy hold over her despite the devastation he has caused.

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

9 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Gents 

FWIW I agree wholeheartedly with the posts and comments made by all

More to the point I am actually at the point that I question anyone’s intent when they still try and defend him at this current point in time 

I just cannot fathom why any real Hearts Supporters will try and defend the guy at all. He has single handedly destroyed the club in everything he set out to do but still has the gall to remain at the club for the duration of his contract 

This is not a man who cares or LOVES this club as if it had been you, me, or any other supporters who at least cared in the slightest we would have walked away, without any re-compensation, and stated with fact that we were not good enough and had damaged the club as a result of our performance.

Any real Hearts supporter and who was put in Craig Leveins position after overseeing the last 5 years would have done this. The reason he didn’t is that he is a mercenary and was more interested in his back pocket than anything else. 

If that isn’t the case give me one valid reason why he didn’t walk away immediately ?

I dont doubt there are genuine supporters still backing him but for FFS folks, time to call a halt to that shit. I don’t take any pleasure in saying it, but for the umpteenth time how much damage does it take 1 person to do before folk stop getting blindsided by this Hearts legend pish and give him leeway 

I am fully behind AB and her new appointment.I think Stendel is our out and out hope of getting us out of this crap but hope to god that she started what she needs to finish and that’s getting rid of the dead wood and anchors on our back we have carried for the last 5 years. Not ideal,but clear them the feck out. If that’s what Stendel wants, give him the call.

If we can waste 200k on Wighton we can waste the same paying him his severence which is obviously more important to him as an individual and rid ourselves of this negativity full stop 

might be a rant but I’m so happy with the Stendel appointment as much as I am so angry at not only the abject failure levein has presided over but also the mans so called meaning for the club as if it had meant even an ounce of feeling to him he would have walked away and for good 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The stench of Levein will weigh heavy around Hearts until he’s gone. This was Ann’s chance to regain the support and get everyone behind her and the club again with the Stendel appointment. Instead she’s brought more angst her way by keeping this loser mooching about, it just isn’t the way to run a football club, he’s run us into the ground ffs.  I don’t care what he’s doing I want him gone, get him to **** out of here!! If he had any deep feeling for this club he’d be gone. 

He’s getting near Pressley territory for me in that I’ll never want to see him back at the club ever again. 

Have you considered the cost to get rid of him? Pay up his contract?

It potentially, some say certainly, would affect the player budget for Daniel Stendel in January.

Also it’s widely known CL has a very good relationship with young Hickeys dad who represents Hickey. 

City are are interested in Hickey and Levein is part of those negotiations. Are you happy to bin Levein now before Hickeys contract situation is resolved potentially losing the club a big pay day on one of our brightest young talents?

Edited by Vlad Magic

jack D and coke
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

It potentially, some day certainly, would affect the player budget for Daniel Stendel in January.

Also it’s widely known CL has a very good relationship with young Hickeys dad who represents Hickey. 

City are are interested in Hickey and Levein is part of those negotiations. Are you happy to bin Levein now before Hickeys contract situation is resolved potentially losing the club a big pay day on one of our brightest young talents?

Yeah all of this won’t happen in any other club will it. 
We just can’t EVER get rid of Craig Levein. 

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It potentially, some day certainly, would affect the player budget for Daniel Stendel in January.

Have you considered why he would take full payment for the rest of his contract after bringing the club (he apparently loves and adores) down to its knees im his time in charge ?

do you not think he should have done the honourable thing and cancelled what was due to him as a small payback for the damage and what state he has left us in ?

8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It potentially, some say certainly, would affect the player budget for Daniel Stendel in January.

Always happy to bin Levein, yes please!!

:fonzie:

10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Have you considered why he would take full payment for the rest of his contract after bringing the club (he apparently loves and adores) down to its knees im his time in charge ?

do you not think he should have done the honourable thing and cancelled what was due to him as a small payback for the damage and what state he has left us in ?

Is that what you would do if your boss wanted to terminate your employment? 🤔

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is that what you would do if your boss wanted to terminate your employment? 🤔

Being honest Dave if it was another job then no, I would fight it - no question 

That said, if I had been in Craig’s position I would have walked, no question, as the Cubs interests would have been more important to me than my own - I’m just being honest

I guess that’s my point though - CL has been given more support than anyone would be given in any job in this lifetime and for continual abject failure in performance and because of what - he is a “true Hearts man” ?

I just don’t buy into this at all in all honesty 

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Being honest Dave if it was another job then no, I would fight it - no question 

That said, if I had been in Craig’s position I would have walked, no question, as the Cubs interests would have been more important to me than my own - I’m just being honest

I guess that’s my point though - CL has been given more support than anyone would be given in any job in this lifetime and for continual abject failure in performance and because of what - he is a “true Hearts man” ?

I just don’t buy into this at all in all honesty 

Very few people walk away from their contracts. That’s the reality. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Very few people walk away from their contracts. That’s the reality. 

So we can agree then in the sense that Heart of Midlothian Football Club was nothing more than a day to day job foe Craig Levein ?

Suppose that’s the point I was trying to make. 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

So we can agree then in the sense that Heart of Midlothian Football Club was nothing more than a day to day job foe Craig Levein ?

I certainly work on that assumption though he has been asked to stay until the end of his contract on to do the work he is currently doing. . 

Bazzas right boot

I wasn't too fussed if he stayed in the background or not, but on reflection I now want him to stay. 

The seethe on here is magnificent. 

The way he winds up grown men is fantastic entertainment. 

I hope he's the new ceo once Ann leaves. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Your first paragraph is a little baffling.

What's the alternative to a day-to-day job?

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Wait, so, appointing the two men who have just overseen one of the worst runs of form (if not the worst) in our history as 'temporary joint SD' seems like a good decision? 

I hope you aren't running a business as you're standards must be incredibly low.

How can you not separate the 2?

So Austin McPhee is shite as a head coach, does that mean he can't be a good SD?

Someone who could run a successful business could do this.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I wasn't too fussed if he stayed in the background or not, but on reflection I now want him to stay. 

The seethe on here is magnificent. 

The way he winds up grown men is fantastic entertainment. 

I hope he's the new ceo once Ann leaves. 

Solid reasoning. Here being the important thing. The real world is fairly shit tbf. 😀

I think we all have short memories guys its always what if but things would have been different if we did not get all those injuries when we were firing on all cylinders but hey ho that's life.

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

So many grade A wallopers on here happy to keep the stench around the club. Unfazed by his almighty failure at the club in so many different guises. One can only assume that they have very very low expectations as Hearts supporters, and know their place. I bet they wouldn't consider it a disaster if we were relegated either. You have to wonder about the mentality of some of these people, and the harm they do to our club. 

Edited by innerjambo

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I certainly work on that assumption though he has been asked to stay until the end of his contract on to do the work he is currently doing. . 

I understand that but I question what value he will add, and in any other capacity, until such times as he is gone.

AB still hasn’t ruled out giving him a new contract and given what has happened in the past that is concerning to say the least. Even although I am really excited by the DS appointment there is a bit of me that wonders if AB is fully prepared or accepted that the best thing for the club is to let him go. 

Personally, if I was him, and I am sure he will have made his money, all I’m saying is that he could have went to AB and resigned, allowing her to use the money to allow Stendel to bring in his own team.

All I’m saying is, if it was me, and I don’t doubt you and many many others we may have asked AB what was in the clubs best interests and then make a decision. If that wasn’t the case for CL those who defend him saying he loves the club and wants what’s best for the club have no argument for saying that imo and ultimately it was just a job for him 

CL doesn’t manage us anymore and like I said previously,I am feeling ultra positive in respect of AB’s recent appointment but I just don’t think the old era has anything of value to add to the club. 

That said, if the current regime want their money and contracts paid up in full then I guess we have to honour that but there is absolutely no value in extending their presence around the club any longer than we have too.

It’s whats best for the club and not what’s best for individuals that should matter to all of the support. Nothing else.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

So many grade A wallopers on here happy to keep the stench around the club. Unfazed by his almighty failure at the club in so many different guises. One can only assume that they have very very low expectations as Hearts supporters, and know there place. I bet they wouldn't consider it a disaster if we were relegated either. You have to wonder about the mentality of some of these people, and the harm they do to our club. 

You don't half talk some pish, and fairly often too.

The Real Maroonblood
53 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s doesn’t matter if he stays or go they’ll still be paying him ffs.

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I understand that but I question what value he will add, and in any other capacity, until such times as he is gone.

AB still hasn’t ruled out giving him a new contract and given what has happened in the past that is concerning to say the least. Even although I am really excited by the DS appointment there is a bit of me that wonders if AB is fully prepared or accepted that the best thing for the club is to let him go. 

Personally, if I was him, and I am sure he will have made his money, all I’m saying is that he could have went to AB and resigned, allowing her to use the money to allow Stendel to bring in his own team.

All I’m saying is, if it was me, and I don’t doubt you and many many others we may have asked AB what was in the clubs best interests and then make a decision. If that wasn’t the case for CL those who defend him saying he loves the club and wants what’s best for the club have no argument for saying that imo and ultimately it was just a job for him 

CL doesn’t manage us anymore and like I said previously,I am feeling ultra positive in respect of AB’s recent appointment but I just don’t think the old era has anything of value to add to the club. 

That said, if the current regime want their money and contracts paid up in full then I guess we have to honour that but there is absolutely no value in extending their presence around the club any longer than we have too.

It’s whats best for the club and not what’s best for individuals that should matter to all of the support. Nothing else.

Craig Levein offered to resign after Cathro and it was refused, what makes you so certain that this hasn't happened recently as well.

The answer to that question is that you don't know. Ann Budge sees value in having him at the club, you don't. 

50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah all of this won’t happen in any other club will it. 
We just can’t EVER get rid of Craig Levein. 

:facepalm:

48 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

45 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Always happy to bin Levein, yes please!!

:fonzie:

What about the sensitive negotiations taking place between Hickeys Dad and the club headed up by Levein, someone Hickeys Dad trusts and is happy to deal with?

16 minutes ago, graygo said:

How can you not separate the 2?

So Austin McPhee is shite as a head coach, does that mean he can't be a good SD?

Someone who could run a successful business could do this.

I am not as fussed by MacPhee because I don’t believe he has the influence around the club that Levein does. 

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Your first paragraph is a little baffling.

What's the alternative to a day-to-day job?

I keep hearing CL loves the club and wants the best for the club.

As a supporter of 35 plus years I fully get and understand that sentiment as I am sure you and many others do as well 

I’m not being negative. Since Stendel was appointed I have started to believe again. Early days but I think this appointment might just bring out the best of us in a number of years 

What I am saying is, if I was Craig Levein, and had just presided in the ultimate failure he brought to the club I would have handed in my resignation immediately and allowed the club to use the funds to help Stendel if required. Why ? - Because I would care for the club more than my own back pocket 

that doesn’t seem to be the case with Craig Levein. This is therefore why I will call out folk who talk about him like he really cares for the club as on evidence he had the chance to prove that he really cared, but chose to remain and pick up the rest of his pay packet given the state he has left us in 

Not saying there is anything wrong with what he is doing but that puts to bed the argument that he lives and breathes the club as evidence would point to the exact opposite 

7 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Innerjambo,well said lad,nail on the head

What part?

The bit where he calls Hearts supporters grade A wallopers?

The bit where he states that some Hearts supporters wouldn't consider it a disaster if we got relegated?

Or is it the cracker of a claim that supporters who actually support the club are damaging it?

Edited by graygo

Must confess I haven't read the whole thread but just want to put on record that I have absolutely no problem that Craig Levein is still employed by the club, and making a contribution.

I also think that Ann Budge has much more of a clue about how to run a football club than 99% of the people who post on here, especially me.

Anyone who thinks that Stendel will be operating with his hands tied behind his back is completely wrong.

On past performance, even if he gets us into second place next season there will still be people commissioning plane-borne banners calling for him to be sacked.

Today of all days (general election reference, in case this thread makes its way into posterity) we remember that the world has gone completely and utterly mad.  

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

What about the sensitive negotiations taking place between Hickeys Dad and the club headed up by Levein, someone Hickeys Dad trusts and is happy to deal with?

That’s a problem for Hickey Sr in all honesty. Perhaps he could employ Levein as his sons agent. 

The three parts you mentioned graygo,He's gave you his reasons for wanting rid of Levin and the coaches you tell me yours for wanting them to stay?

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

I wish we could empty negative people from this thread never mind the business lol

Maybe there's a place at the club for supporters who don't mind losing, and who persist with failure. We could call it the HMFC Mediocrity Institute.............thoughts??

:sadrobbo:

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

What part?

The bit where he calls Hearts supporters grade A wallpapers?

The bit where he states that some Hearts supporters wouldn't consider it a disaster if we got relegated?

Or is it the cracker of a claim that supporters who actually support the club are damaging it?

Slagging off Hearts fans is common from a lot of folk on here. 

And people can criticise the decision making and still support the club. God knows we have had enough practice. 

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I remember reading about this and it was CL that said that negotiations had stalled with him and hickeys dad and it wasn’t as easy as anyone thought 

That said, with Daniel Stendel on board, I hope that Hickeys Dad will now see sense and that his boy is at a club that is now going to progress and will sign a new deal moving forward 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

That’s a problem for Hickey Sr in all honesty. Perhaps he could employ Levein as his sons agent. 

Would you be happy if Levein was gone, negotiations broke down as a result of Levein not being here to head up the negotiations and Hickey leaves for free?

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

I really hope Levein isn't in the stands for the next few weeks at very least. It'll just cause unnecessary chatter over who picks the team etc. 

Only among the brain dead. You'd be right if it was Daly, MacPhee or Fox taking the team but no way wi Stendel in charge

Edited by Jamhammer

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Maybe there's a place at the club for supporters who don't mind losing, and who persist with failure. We could call it the HMFC Mediocrity Institute.............thoughts??

:sadrobbo:

My thoughts are that you have just added to your daily quota of pish that you seem Hell bent on flooding this forum with.

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Craig Levein offered to resign after Cathro and it was refused, what makes you so certain that this hasn't happened recently as well.

The answer to that question is that you don't know. Ann Budge sees value in having him at the club, you don't. 

Mate. Ann Budge has us sitting at 3rd bottom of the league so let’s just say that’s she has made her fair share of mistakes and that her blinded loyalty has cost her to date 

That said, and as I said, I think recently she has just made one of the best decisions that she has ever made. I just would like a complete clear out of the old (if possible) and move on from this and get right behind Stendel, the new era and the team