jamborich

Will always have a soft spot one of the best defenders hearts have ever had no doubt, loved watching him as a player but he lived in a pre historic world as a manager. He needs to be punted for us to move forward 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Vlad Magic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Wow, what a revelation.

This thread will surprise a few.

Why is he still employed 

Edited by jamborich

4 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Why is he still employed 

Because we still have to pay him and more importantly he has something to offer the club.

You do know he is not the manager/first team coach/director of football any more?

In fact he has nothing at all to do with the first team any more.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Because we still have to pay him and more importantly he has something to offer the club.

You do know he is not the manager/first team coach/director of football any more?

Debatable.Shuffled into a non-job to pay him off for the remainder of his contract.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Sporting director with McPhee

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, jamborich said:

Fair comment but your not really adding much to the debate 

Nors this thread stating things that have been done to the death already.

He has completely ****ed us.

The man is a bungling fool and we still don't know the extent of the damage his arrogance and delusion have caused.

It'll be a while before i can remember him for the player he was instead of the catastrophic failure of his 2nd term as manager. He dug himself in deep so he was hard to remove and then just caused mayhem. The sooner he's gone, the better.

23 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The man is a bungling fool and we still don't know the extent of the damage his arrogance and delusion have caused.

It'll be a while before i can remember him for the player he was instead of the catastrophic failure of his 2nd term as manager. He dug himself in deep so he was hard to remove and then just caused mayhem. The sooner he's gone, the better.

He should have walked after the cup final.  Most supporters would still have some respect for him if he had.

Regal Kingston

It’s not right and will cause issues. 
Stendel has inherited a mess and to have his predecessor and the man responsible hanging around the club will surely effect how he operates. 

I think we all want a clean break from the previous regime and new experienced coaches with new methods and ideas. 

Again this poor leadership from Budge. This may work in transitional periods in business but not in football 

The four occasions I can think of when something similar has happened, are:

Jim Leishman - Dunfermline

Kenny Dalgleish - Liverpool

Willie Miller - Aberdeen

Craig Brown - Aberdeen

Not identical situations, but the most similar to the best of my recollection.

Back to Levein though, I think he could still have something to offer in other areas of the club. If he has nothing to do with first team management, then I don’t get the anger tbh.

57 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Correct.

Not just him though. This ‘team’ that have taken us to the bottom of the league remain, in full, at the club and we expect a new man to work alongside them.

It’s beyond bizarre and we’re quite rightly being laughed at.

Rant away folks (I don’t disagree with most of the sentiments) but all that has changed in the last 24 hours is the confirmation that he has nothing to do with the first team.  We knew he wasn’t leaving!

My frustration is more with the retention of the first team coaches.  I’m hoping this is temporary  and Stendel can bring his own team in shortly.  Truth be told, if we go on a winning run in the interim, I suspect nobody will give a shit.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, graygo said:

Put him on gardening leave. He should have no input to the first team, or teams feeding into it, and be told to go.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

19 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Rant away folks (I don’t disagree with most of the sentiments) but all that has changed in the last 24 hours is the confirmation that he has nothing to do with the first team.  We knew he wasn’t leaving!

My frustration is more with the retention of the first team coaches.  I’m hoping this is temporary  and Stendel can bring his own team in shortly.  Truth be told, if we go on a winning run in the interim, I suspect nobody will give a shit.

I think what’s maybe hit home in the last day, is everybody involved with our disastrous form is still at the club. Couple that with the fact Stendel has arrived on his own and it’s far from an ideal situation. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, graygo said:

He has literally nothing to offer the club ffs

Dusk_Till_Dawn
25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If this week isn't the week to be positive , I don't when is. Boring, obsessed, sad sacks get a life and support your team

Yes, stick your heads in the sand folks, like the Levein In crowd did for months. It’s a guaranteed route to success.

28 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If this week isn't the week to be positive , I don't when is. Boring, obsessed, sad sacks get a life and support your team

Post of the week ! 

John mcCartney
6 hours ago, graygo said:

Wow,just fecking wow.

Pay him off and get him t.F,its the only way to kill off the obsessed fascination on here.

Helping with the academy and general Riccarton things until his contract finishes at the end of the season. 

No involvement in the first team.

I’d rather he was gone completely but Stendel is clearly his own man. There is no puppeteering. So this is a non-issue to me.

Budge wants to get the Sporting Director right and will take the rest of the season to find that person while MacPhee and Levein hold up the fort on that side.

Also, surely by not paying Levein off now there is more funds in January?

In the papers today that Budge has NOT ruled out giving him a new contract at the end of the season to continue doing the bits and bobs he's doing now 🙄

Edited by rory78

It not working out for him as manager does not alter the fact that he has played a very important off field role to the club and since our exit from administration has worked his arse off to make Hearts a better, stronger club.

If Ann says he still has a role to play behind the scenes in continuing that work. That is good enough for me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Helping with the academy and general Riccarton things until his contract finishes at the end of the season. 

No involvement in the first team.

I’d rather he was gone completely but Stendel is clearly his own man. There is no puppeteering. So this is a non-issue to me.

Budge wants to get the Sporting Director right and will take the rest of the season to find that person while MacPhee and Levein hold up the fort on that side.

Also, surely by not paying Levein off now there is more funds in January?

“Budge will take the rest of the season to find that person.”

There’s been a trend on JKB for about 18 months of people promising us what Budge will do. Very rarely turns out to be accurate. Won’t surprise me in the slightest if the sporting director in the long term is something to do with Levein, McFraud or both.

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Budge will take the rest of the season to find that person.”

There’s been a trend on JKB for about 18 months of people promising us what Budge will do. Very rarely turns out to be accurate. Won’t surprise me in the slightest if the sporting director in the long term is something to do with Levein, McFraud or both.

Just going by what she said in her interview. That MacPhee and Levein contracted to the end of the season so instead of paying them off she is making them earn their salary. She clearly thinks MacPhee has something to offer outwith the first team. Levein has no way back and will surely be gone in June.

Makes sense to let Stendel get all the resources he needs now instead of another (costly?) behind the scenes shuffle with a new face who needs to get up to speed.

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yes, stick your heads in the sand folks, like the Levein In crowd did for months. It’s a guaranteed route to success.

Sadly we’re stuck with the charlatan for now.

We’ll just have to put up with it unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

He should have walked after the cup final.  Most supporters would still have some respect for him if he had.

100% agree.

He was so arrogant that he was convinced he had it under control.

Absolutely mental.

14 minutes ago, rory78 said:

In the papers today that Budge has NOT ruled out giving him a new contract at the end of the season to continue doing the bits and bobs he's doing now 🙄

Can you link that specific quote from Budge please??

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Just going by what she said in her interview. That MacPhee and Levein contracted to the end of the season so instead of paying them off she is making them earn their salary. She clearly thinks MacPhee has something to offer outwith the first team. Levein has no way back and will surely be gone in June.

Makes sense to let Stendel get all the resources he needs now instead of another (costly?) behind the scenes shuffle with a new face who needs to get up to speed.

You reap what you sow. We’ve backed a woeful coaching team, therefore we need to take the hit of paying them off. That’s football 

6 hours ago, graygo said:

He must be the highest paid youth football administrator on the planet. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Kev1998 said:

Don't have to stomach him for much longer thankfully,just concentrate on the good stuff now

Totally understandable.

Off the pitch is the only thing that Ann Budge gets right, so this is probably a good appointment.

He'll be away end of season, hopefully with the rest of his cronies.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yessss!!! 

A Levein ooot thread!!!! 

😂 it’s the environment you thrive in. (Meant as a compliment)

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The four occasions I can think of when something similar has happened, are:

Jim Leishman - Dunfermline

Kenny Dalgleish - Liverpool

Willie Miller - Aberdeen

Craig Brown - Aberdeen

Not identical situations, but the most similar to the best of my recollection.

Back to Levein though, I think he could still have something to offer in other areas of the club. If he has nothing to do with first team management, then I don’t get the anger tbh.

Some people are hard of thinking sadly. Let them vent. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 it’s the environment you thrive in. (Meant as a compliment)

If Dan is happy, then I'm happy. 

I think the next six months will be a transition period with more changes in the summer for the coaching staff. 

Hopefully, Dan can crack on and get us moving up the table from now. 

CL handing over reigns of dof to Austin, with both having nothing to do with the 1st team is fine by me. 

The need to remove CL from history and all things Hearts is quite disturbing by some.