jamborich

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If Dan is happy, then I'm happy. 

I think the next six months will be a transition period with more changes in the summer for the coaching staff. 

Hopefully, Dan can crack on and get us moving up the table from now. 

CL handing over reigns of dof to Austin, with both having nothing to do with the 1st team is fine by me. 

The need to remove CL from history and all things Hearts is quite disturbing by some. 

When the nuclear bomb goes off, all that will be left is cockroaches and McPhee. The guy is honestly made of Teflon.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Vlad Magic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I mean, what I love most about McPhee is people admitting that coaching’s not his strength. After three years as the club’s assistant manager. It really is terrific.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

When the nuclear bomb goes off, all that will be left is cockroaches and McPhee. The guy is honestly made of Teflon.

He's not a manager. 

SD is a different role, completely tho. 

If anything he's been hung out to dry as Interm manager, done him more damage than good imo. 

I don't judge a fish on its running ability, SD is more of a business, marketing and networking role, completely different from a coach or manager. 

If anything, Daly etc still about is disturbing, but I think in the summer more change will follow. 

CL behind the scenes ( or leaving) and Macphee as SD does not concern me at all tbh. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Helping with the academy and general Riccarton things until his contract finishes at the end of the season. 

No involvement in the first team.

I’d rather he was gone completely but Stendel is clearly his own man. There is no puppeteering. So this is a non-issue to me.

Budge wants to get the Sporting Director right and will take the rest of the season to find that person while MacPhee and Levein hold up the fort on that side.

Also, surely by not paying Levein off now there is more funds in January?

Absolutely. Paying off Levein, McPhee, Daly, Fox and Gallagher, as many on here want, would use up about £250-300k of cash that would come straight out of any kitty that Stendel has to spend in January. It’s all about cash flow. I’d rather we had spare cash for players and/or coaches that Stendel wants in January than give to those five now to go away. £250-300k probably covers the loan fees for three or four very good players for the second half of the season 

Jamboscanbevicius

The lack of understanding on here about simple business principles, like cash flow, is incredible. Especially given how expert some like to consider themselves.

In an ideal world I think a clean break is probably desirable, both from CL and some of the first team coaches (more the latter if I’m honest).

However AB is rightly not going to bend to the pressure of JKB’s finest. We have people in posts, with signed contracts, so we are not going to screw up the short  term cash flow (which would impact us in the Jan window) by paying them all off. 

We have a new head coach putting his philosophy across, and will review and add others to his team by summer. Possibly his previous assistants and a Sporting Director. Or DS will find he can work with some of these guys and we crack on.

Let’s just get behind DS and the team and see where this next chapter takes us!

6 minutes ago, troy said:

budge has to go as ceo ,keeping levein because of personal friendship is no way to run a business

Emboldened words.  I'm convinced.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

He has completely ****ed us.

The man is a bungling fool and we still don't know the extent of the damage his arrogance and delusion have caused.

It'll be a while before i can remember him for the player he was instead of the catastrophic failure of his 2nd term as manager. He dug himself in deep so he was hard to remove and then just caused mayhem. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Whist your words are harsh I cannot disagree with anything you said he should have gone after the Livi debacle or at least May think the cup final bought him more time . Will always be remembered as a great player by most he lost it big time couldn’t see the trees for the Forrest at times . 

i am honestly not that bothered if he is looking at the youth set up for five months, it is obviously so we do not need to pay up his whole contract now and we have more funds available for Stendel in January to upgrade the team.

7 hours ago, graygo said:

Because we still have to pay him and more importantly he has something to offer the club.

You do know he is not the manager/first team coach/director of football any more?

In fact he has nothing at all to do with the first team any more.

I think you could be wasting your time and energy trying to explain that to some on here. 

Craig Levin staying in charge of the youths is making no difference whatsoever.but it keeps him out the road hopefully,a Christmas wish from Craig to me would be before you go ,give us a young player from the academy that will excell in the first team or one who will generate the club some cash.not a lot to ask for after all these years

32 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

i am honestly not that bothered if he is looking at the youth set up for five months, it is obviously so we do not need to pay up his whole contract now and we have more funds available for Stendel in January to upgrade the team.

Why waste five months steering it in one direction when a new SD might want to steer it in another? The answer might be that CL will be the new SD. 

If you read The Prince by Machiavelli, the first thing to do when gaining a new Kingdom is to kill off all your rivals.

I'm sending Daniel a copy.

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

You're correct, there are no words, or quotes saying he will get a new deal!

There are however comments from Budge stating he’s a valuable to the club and I also find the whole Levein touring a prospective manager to the club around our facilities somewhat bizarre.

1 minute ago, teamof1958 said:

If you read The Prince by Machiavelli, the first thing to do when gaining a new Kingdom is to kill off all your rivals.

I'm sending Daniel a copy.

Might not be entirely relevant to a Scottish football; club. 😀

Plenty have been accusing CL of Machiavellianism though.

7 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

You're correct, there are no words, or quotes saying he will get a new deal!

Superbly twisted sensationalism 

13 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Levein still valuable to the club and could get a contract extension...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5052579/hearts-ann-budge-craig-levein-new-deal/

There are no words.

Have you read the article? 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why waste five months steering it in one direction when a new SD might want to steer it in another? The answer might be that CL will be the new SD. 

That is her plan imo

Desperate for Stendel to do well so she can sneak Levein back in to the senior role. It’s not like Levein is going to lon elsewhere for a job - this is it for him...Hearts or nothing. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

She does say that they are there in the interim, i think the SD will be appointed in the summer. 

We need to remember that Stendel will not report to the SD, the only person he will report to is a CEO, the SD will be told what to do by the First team manager in terms of what players to look for. 

3 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

There are however comments from Budge stating he’s a valuable to the club and I also find the whole Levein touring a prospective manager to the club around our facilities somewhat bizarre.

its not really , he does have value to the club in some people eyes as does AM. The problem with it is we are poor on the pitch just now so anything or anyone divisive is magnified and rags like the sun play on it. Showing DS around Riccarton whilst everyone else was at Killie is sensible. He knows the facility understands football and if DS has questions he can answer them.

End of the day I don’t think DS would be here if he wasn’t the decision maker and he is obviously comfortable enough with the setup to come in   

4 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

She does say that they are there in the interim, i think the SD will be appointed in the summer. 

We need to remember that Stendel will not report to the SD, the only person he will report to is a CEO, the SD will be told what to do by the First team manager in terms of what players to look for. 

Hope your right. You think he’ll be gone in the summer and I think there’s a big chance he’ll be SD.

Yeah, I’m aware of the joint SD’s role. To make myself clear, I’m just not that happy that every single person responsible for our current state is still at the club. All know each other and presume like each other and our new manager has arrived, on his own. It just doesn’t sit right with me at all.

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

Hope your right. You think he’ll be gone on the summer and I think there’s a big chance he’ll be SD.

Yeah, I’m aware of the joint SD’s role. To make myself clear, I’m just not that happy that every single person responsible for our current state is still at the club. All know each other and presume like each other and our new manager has arrived, on his own. It just doesn’t sit right with me at all.

I agree it is not a great situation, but it is what it is and we have to get on with it, 

CL still being at the club will have no bearing on Stendel. 

8 hours ago, jamborich said:

Why is he still employed 

Simply because he has a very close personal relationship with Ann Budge.

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get the feeling Ann would love that!

Keeping Levein around until the summer could also be a very shrewd bit of thinking by Budge.    Acts as a layer of protection for Stendel for the rest of this season while he builds for next season.    Buys him time and protection from the hysterics of the bottom half of the Hearts support.

Stendel makes an average or uninspiring start?    He's somewhat shielded... the thrashers will obsess about Levein.

Budge out smarts the Facebook hystericals.

2 hours ago, kila said:

Just going by what she said in her interview. That MacPhee and Levein contracted to the end of the season so instead of paying them off she is making them earn their salary. She clearly thinks MacPhee has something to offer outwith the first team. Levein has no way back and will surely be gone in June.

Makes sense to let Stendel get all the resources he needs now instead of another (costly?) behind the scenes shuffle with a new face who needs to get up to speed.

Spot on. Any spare cash much better given to Stendel to build his team be it a new coach or player. 

A Sporting Director can wait another few months.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Keeping Levein around until the summer could also be a very shrewd bit of thinking by Budge.    Acts as a layer of protection for Stendel for the rest of this season while he builds for next season.    Buys him time and protection from the hysterics of the bottom half of the Hearts support.

Stendel makes an average or uninspiring start?    He's somewhat shielded... the thrashers will obsess about Levein.

Beautifully put!

The "bottom half" - 😎

Just now, Victorian said:

If CL was in his garden right now, tending to his perennials, he would still be blamed for the task that Stendel has been set.

That’s not a defence of Levein incidentally !

He’s seeing out his contract either way. The way it is seen out is open to debate.

20 minutes ago, Boab said:

If CL was in his garden right now, tending to his perennials, he would still be blamed for the task that Stendel has been set.

That’s not a defence of Levein incidentally !

He’s seeing out his contract either way. The way it is seen out is open to debate.

I'm happy that Stendel has now been appointed and will want to instil his own methods and style of play on the team. If he does adopt the "gegenpress" then I'm sure the fans and the players will respond to that, helping to bring back the feelgood factor, which can only help in achieving better results on the park. While Stendel has full control of the first team if, as an interim measure for financial reasons, Daly, Fox etc are retained then fair enough.  Likewise, CL and McPhee splitting the SD duties.  I'm sure Levein does have a role to play in the Academy and youth set up but whether he will be able to accept a back seat role once Stendel is up and running, then who knows?. McPhee is clearly the one who has established links with Man City and has other global connections so he may well be worth retaining in that area. The next few months will be an audition for him and will test his suitability for the permanent SD position. 

The club's very own blamehound.

Can see why Mrs B had kept him on tbh.

Must have shares in Crayola and Pampers as well. 

All's good.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
57 minutes ago, Victorian said:

In reality, the odds are that Stendel will make an average start. I’d challenge anyone to pick up this situation and right it quickly. He needs fully 12 months before anyone judges him.

Your post is bizarre though. It’s as if we’ve all been jumping on a manager who had us up near the top of the league. We’re joint bottom of the table. We’ve won two of 16 league games. We’ve been in a bad way for a long time now and it took until we were in the relegation mix for Budge to see a problem - and even then, she hasn’t properly cleaned out the people responsible. Can you explain to me why we should suck all this up?

Anyone who doesn’t back Stendel is a div.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

In reality, the odds are that Stendel will make an average start. I’d challenge anyone to pick up this situation and right it quickly. He needs fully 12 months before anyone judges him.

Your post is bizarre though. It’s as if we’ve all been jumping on a manager who had us up near the top of the league. We’re joint bottom of the table. We’ve won two of 16 league games. We’ve been in a bad way for a long time now and it took until we were in the relegation mix for Budge to see a problem - and even then, she hasn’t properly cleaned out the people responsible. Can you explain to me why we should suck all this up?

Anyone who doesn’t back Stendel is a div.

It's your post that's a bit bizarre tbh.   You seem to be challenging me to explain a point that I didn't make.    

We all know Levein was finished in the job.   We know the mess we're in.

What I AM saying is that it may be useful to retain everyone's favourite bogeyman to keep the heat off Stendel for a bit.    

Edited by Victorian

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's your post that's a bit bizarre tbh.   You seem to be challenging me to explain a point that I didn't make.    

We all know Levein was finished in the job.   We know the mess we're in.

What I AM saying is that it may be useful to retain everyone's favourite bogeyman to keep the heat off Stendel for a bit.    

I don’t know why you think the heat will be on Stendel. I think he’ll be well supported by us.

I don’t know why you think the heat will be on Stendel. I think he’ll be well supported by us.

Terribly naive.     

Stendel has a difficult job to start and go on with.    He will have every bit of my support for a long period of time.     I am also utterly convinced that he will attract the heat from others if we don't quickly make large steps forward this season.

It's a reality.    Some Hearts fans are too unrealistic.    To pretend otherwise is very naive.

Terribly naive.     

Stendel has a difficult job to start and go on with.    He will have every bit of my support for a long period of time.     I am also utterly convinced that he will attract the heat from others if we don't quickly make large steps forward this season.

It's a reality.    Some Hearts fans are too unrealistic.    To pretend otherwise is very naive.

Sadly, I agree.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Terribly naive.     

Nobody will expect anything this season other than a small jump and daylight between us and the bottom two. Not sure what other target anyone could set

Nobody will expect anything this season other than a small jump and daylight between us and the bottom two. Not sure what other target anyone could set

I hope you’re right but do feel that after the first uninspiring draw or defeat, the howls of derision from the stands will be all too clear, 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, GinRummy said:

I hope you’re right but do feel that after the first uninspiring draw or defeat, the howls of derision from the stands will be all too clear, 

That’s on the players tbh. Unfortunately, they’ve exhausted all the support they deserve and they need to get themselves in credit again. 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He must be the highest paid youth football administrator on the planet. 

If that's all he does then it's still better than paying him for doing nothing.

2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I think you could be wasting your time and energy trying to explain that to some on here. 

Yes, seems obvious now. Total waste of time.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

If that's all he does then it's still better than paying him for doing nothing.

He does  ‘a bit more than that’ according to Ann.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He does  ‘a bit more than that’ according to Ann.

Good, I would want him contributing in all areas that he can have a positive input.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Good, I would want him contributing in all areas that he can have a positive input.

I’m sure everybody would want any positive contributors contributing.