jamborich

11 hours ago, jamborich said:

Will always have a soft spot one of the best defenders hearts have ever had no doubt, loved watching him as a player but he lived in a pre historic world as a manager. He needs to be punted for us to move forward 

I'm only willing to contribute to this thread if you name your source for this new information.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Vlad Magic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we should set him on fire in the centre circle on Saturday.

No doubt, minutes later some ****wit will appear on here moaning the bonfire wasn’t big enough or the pitch is ruined.

No involvement in first team is good enough for me till his contract expires. We’re paying him anyway.

Love the compliment for him before the whinge though OP. That’s some classy fishing

Levein was one of my favourite players ever. He is also a manager I didnt like even first time around.

Those two facts I am at odds with as much as I respected him as a player he has done so much damage to us as a manager albeit at the top of our club this should never have been allowed to happen. He wasnt going to resign so had to be removed and the timing of that is elsewhere not with him.

Any manager in any league knows that winning games is the ultimate goal and your job is in danger of you dont. Under CL  we were no longer winning so he should have been removed a long time ago indeed after the Cathro debacle as this was of his doing yet here we are. 

He needs to end the association with Hearts for a while and maybe in better times come back remembered  in a different light but for now he is a side show and that we dont need.

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's your post that's a bit bizarre tbh.   You seem to be challenging me to explain a point that I didn't make.    

We all know Levein was finished in the job.   We know the mess we're in.

What I AM saying is that it may be useful to retain everyone's favourite bogeyman to keep the heat off Stendel for a bit.    

Everybody knows who the “bogeyman” is - he’s the guy that has presided over a football shambles over the last 3 years and left us in possible relegation bother!

No need to keep him hanging around Tynecastle to remind us of that painful fact!

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL handing over reigns of dof to Austin, with both having nothing to do with the 1st team is fine by me. 

I have no problem with this.  Austin looks more like a behind-the-scenes sort of administrator but Levein cannot be involved in recruitment , just look at who he brought in and subsequently left. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, graygo said:

Good, I would want him contributing in all areas that he can have a positive input.

Like cleaning out the bogs.

49 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Everybody knows who the “bogeyman” is - he’s the guy that has presided over a football shambles over the last 3 years and left us in possible relegation bother!

No need to keep him hanging around Tynecastle to remind us of that painful fact!

I’m sort of beat up with it all and just want to concentrate on Stendel and see what he brings....the reason I’ve not been heavily involved in these chats on jkb. 

But I do think it’s gobsmacking the situation. I just hope it works out.

44 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The stench of Loser Levein continues for a while longer then.

It's worth it to see you frothing on every single thread about it. Multiple times too, not happy to just make your point and move on.

11 hours ago, cosanostra said:

He has completely ****ed us.

The man is a bungling fool and we still don't know the extent of the damage his arrogance and delusion have caused.

It'll be a while before i can remember him for the player he was instead of the catastrophic failure of his 2nd term as manager. He dug himself in deep so he was hard to remove and then just caused mayhem. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Yeah, this. 

I almost detest him now. 

It's definitely soured my nostalgic memories of him, from back in the day, shame. 

Edited by smiler

7 hours ago, teamof1958 said:

If you read The Prince by Machiavelli, the first thing to do when gaining a new Kingdom is to kill off all your rivals.

I'm sending Daniel a copy.

Male lions do this when taking over a pride. Just send an old Wildlife on One VHS recording instead.

The Mercer Takeover
7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That is her plan imo

Desperate for Stendel to do well so she can sneak Levein back in to the senior role. It’s not like Levein is going to lon elsewhere for a job - this is it for him...Hearts or nothing. 

Completely agree.

We could still effectively go down because if this ar£ehole don't forget.

I simply can't believe he is still on the books. The very thought of him staying at the club as a sporting director, involved in setting up more deals or still managing our poorly performing academy, is unbelievable. 

We need a fresh start with the Levein era cleansed. This is like Stendel working with one arm tied behind his back and without his coaches either. Why is Budge clinging onto a failed system.

I really hope this is just paper talk because if Levein gets another contract for anything at the club, Budge simply has to go!

I see the Levein apologists are already out in force salivating over keeping him.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Heartbeat said:

Levein was one of my favourite players ever. He is also a manager I didnt like even first time around.

Those two facts I am at odds with as much as I respected him as a player he has done so much damage to us as a manager albeit at the top of our club this should never have been allowed to happen. He wasnt going to resign so had to be removed and the timing of that is elsewhere not with him.

Any manager in any league knows that winning games is the ultimate goal and your job is in danger of you dont. Under CL  we were no longer winning so he should have been removed a long time ago indeed after the Cathro debacle as this was of his doing yet here we are. 

He needs to end the association with Hearts for a while and maybe in better times come back remembered  in a different light but for now he is a side show and that we dont need.

Hard to argue. Wish it wasnt so 😟😢

number witheld

The situation is certainly unusual but I think all will become clear over time. Have to say would be unhappy over any new contract but think that’s just media stirring for a story. Clarity over coaches will happen over next few months. Budge not doing things conventionally in football terms which is unsurprising whether you think that is good or bad is a different story. 

The media in Scotland and pundits cant cope with unconventional. 

time will tell. 

Edited by number witheld

Craig Levein would be the ideal replacement for Mrs B when she decides enough is enough.

The move upstairs looks like it's possible and being planned for imo.

Natural progression.

Edited by Noah Claypole

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Craig Levein would be the ideal replacement for Mrs B when she decides enough is enough.

The move upstairs looks like it's possible and being planned for imo.

:lol:

6 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's your post that's a bit bizarre tbh.   You seem to be challenging me to explain a point that I didn't make.    

We all know Levein was finished in the job.   We know the mess we're in.

What I AM saying is that it may be useful to retain everyone's favourite bogeyman to keep the heat off Stendel for a bit.    

That’s the kind of twisty, turny, thinking I would expect from Smith’s Right Boot !

1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

All the peas are from the same pod though nookie 

True. 

But as a justification to keep Levein on, that’s particularly embarrassing. 

part_time_jambo
17 hours ago, jamborich said:

Will always have a soft spot one of the best defenders hearts have ever had no doubt, loved watching him as a player but he lived in a pre historic world as a manager. He needs to be punted for us to move forward 

Difficult to move forward when people keep starting threads to repeat the same old shit.

I've heard sorry read as I've never once heard some of the nonsense posted on here in recent months.

Defending what was being served up on the pitch.

But to defend Leveins continued presence at the club as somehow benevolent towards the new manager is Cherry time.

Everyone's favourite bogeyman fek me.

It's as if the support have over reacted  with that description.

There is currently a losing mentality at Hearts.

He managed that.

Desperate stuff imo .

I can see it now Stendal has a shaky start and guess whose about sticking his Neb in.

Guarenteed .

He interfered in Neilsons time and Cathro.

Its asking for bother him sticking around.

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

No it doesn't.

It really does, he's picking up over £3k a week and doesn't need to lift a finger to get it. 

Edit: Crap, I didn't quite get it. :(

Edited by graygo

26 minutes ago, jake said:

I've heard sorry read as I've never once heard some of the nonsense posted on here in recent months.

Defending what was being served up on the pitch.

But to defend Leveins continued presence at the club as somehow benevolent towards the new manager is Cherry time.

Everyone's favourite bogeyman fek me.

It's as if the support have over reacted  with that description.

There is currently a losing mentality at Hearts.

He managed that.

Desperate stuff imo .

I can see it now Stendal has a shaky start and guess whose about sticking his Neb in.

Guarenteed .

He interfered in Neilsons time and Cathro.

Its asking for bother him sticking around.

My fear here is the relationship between the various characters at the club. Stendel strikes me as someone who will not take kindly to having any kind of interference, either direct or over his head. He ain’t Robbie or Cathro, he is an established manager who doesn’t need Hearts and he will not stick around if he feels undermined. 

Plus, I accept the notion that Levein still has something to offer to the Club (well, possibly) but I have my doubts that his influence stops there. He isn’t just a Head Coach who is happy to help out with the kids, this is the guy who had a huge part to play in our post-admin world, was on the Board, was DoF and then Head Coach. His influence at our club is as far-reaching as Wenger’s at Arsenal and to suggest his presence will not unsettle a new Head Coach is naive in the extreme. 

I feel he should have been asked to leave on Monday. 

Just now, number witheld said:

Daniel is travelling tonight on plane but it’s Craig who should be levein on a jet plane. 

Been thinking of that one since Monday?

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

He's like a bit of dog crap, that you can't get of your shoe.

Soap and Water works fine.

Can see why your struggling with that tbh. 

Gary Mackay is bemused at the SD situation.  So am I.  

Where will levein and macphee be on Saturday? Surely not the dugout.

Directors box? Nowhere near?

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Gary Mackay is bemused at the SD situation.  So am I.  

Where will levein and macphee be on Saturday? Surely not the dugout.

Directors box? Nowhere near?

How about judging the next phase the club goes through with results instead of Bullshit and innuendo ?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

My fear here is the relationship between the various characters at the club. Stendel strikes me as someone who will not take kindly to having any kind of interference, either direct or over his head. He ain’t Robbie or Cathro, he is an established manager who doesn’t need Hearts and he will not stick around if he feels undermined. 

Plus, I accept the notion that Levein still has something to offer to the Club (well, possibly) but I have my doubts that his influence stops there. He isn’t just a Head Coach who is happy to help out with the kids, this is the guy who had a huge part to play in our post-admin world, was on the Board, was DoF and then Head Coach. His influence at our club is as far-reaching as Wenger’s at Arsenal and to suggest his presence will not unsettle a new Head Coach is naive in the extreme. 

That's where I'm at

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

How about judging the next phase the club goes through with results instead of Bullshit and innuendo ?

I think everyone should get behind Dan the man and leave this sideshow for now.

I’m sure they will. 
Lol...I think Ann’s trolling us !

19 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

How about respecting the opinions of others?

1 minute ago, Boab said:

I think everyone should get behind Dan the man and leave this sideshow for now.

I’m sure they will. 
Lol...I think Ann’s trolling us !

Course she isn't, she's doing what she thinks is best for the club.

Unfortunately that's not good enough for some.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

How about respecting the opinions of others?

How about posting your opinion instead of made up Bullshit?

12 hours ago, rory78 said:

In the papers today that Budge has NOT ruled out giving him a new contract at the end of the season to continue doing the bits and bobs he's doing now 🙄

Bloody charity case.

Get him and his duff coaches out of the club ASAP.

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

Course she isn't, she's doing what she thinks is best for the club.

Unfortunately that's not good enough for some.

I’m aware of that !

:levein2:

Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Good post. 

You make a very good point about Levein. He has a very high opinion of himself. I highly doubt a man of his own self importance is just going to disappear into the background and help with our youth setup. He will want his finger in as many pies as possible. He has been here from the start of the Budge era and will not quietly slip into the background. 

This whole SD thing with Austin and Levein has really knocked the enthusiasm out of me. We needed a clean break but it will never happen while Budge is in charge. Her faith in Craig will always be a stain on her legacy. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay