Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Whatever said:

So we’re agreed it’s a misleading thread title. 👍🏻

The thread title being...''IS Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men''.

Yes?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And you are completely unwilling to consider that DS may want to assess the staff before making any decision. This just may be what he wants. 

I'd put decent money on Stendel getting at least one of his assistants in. 

Kinda thought one was on his way tbh with the last few days chat 🤔

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Hope there’s not a cooling off period in place and everything is 100% watertight 😆

Don't say that ffs 😄

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Kinda thought one was on his way tbh with the last few days chat 🤔

I understood this, also. I think at least one will arrive in the very near future.

Agreed the thread title is a little muddled. Perhaps a better title would ask if they were likely to join him.

So the torn faced half-wits are still moaning then ?

Super.

The witch hunt on here against MacPhee is pretty shameful and classless tbh......the amount of online shit being handed out to an employee of the club is nothing to be proud of.

The guy was an assistant to the previous managers.....he wasn’t a decision maker ffs.

Give him a break and let Stendel decide for himself.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, TWF said:

Its like reading a book, we have only read chapters 1 & 2. Several more chapters to come before we reach an ending.

Patience people - Enjoy the read

Most just want to skip to the last page and look at the pictures. 

Color it in as well.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't know, that's the point. None of us do. It's for Stendel and the SD to decide. 

In terms of the coaches I mentioned, Everton and Arsenal have both been underachieving worse than we have considering the massive money they spend and some of the teams above them. And yet, their fans don't lump the coaches in with the first team manager.

None of us do? As it’s been pointed out they have played their part in the disastrous last few years, they’ve underwhelmed as first team coaches and at their periods in charge.
Ferguson is an absolute legend at Everton, he’s worked under a few managers and has now impressed as interim manager, did any of the Managers he worked with confer with him before every big decision or let him take training until Thursday? Ljungberg only joined the first team in July, again a legend who didn’t confer with Emery on every sub or system change in the technical area. He’s also impressed as interim Coach, probably that and neither club are joint bottom of the league is why both will still have jobs under a new manager.  

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

None of us do? As it’s been pointed out they have played their part in the disastrous last few years, they’ve underwhelmed as first team coaches and at their periods in charge.
Ferguson is an absolute legend at Everton, he’s worked under a few managers and has now impressed as interim manager, did any of the Managers he worked with confer with him before every big decision or let him take training until Thursday? Ljungberg only joined the first team in July, again a legend who didn’t confer with Emery on every sub or system change in the technical area. He’s also impressed as interim Coach, probably that and neither club are joint bottom of the league is why both will still have jobs under a new manager.  

Ljungberg has impressed?

In what manner?

10 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I understood this, also. I think at least one will arrive in the very near future.

Agreed the thread title is a little muddled. Perhaps a better title would ask if they were likely to join him.

👍

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Most just want to skip to the last page and look at the pictures. 

Color it in as well.

I stopped reading picture books and colouring in books about 65 years ago.

Patience People

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, TWF said:

I stopped reading picture books and colouring in books about 65 years ago.

Patience People

I've found myself of a night with a glass of wine, and my daughter's coloring books. It's actually quite therapeutic and relaxing.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ah, so now hiring club legends is a good thing? Ferguson was on the bench for Everton's games as part of the coaching set-up, no different from someone like Fox or Daly. McPhee was officially assistant so that's different. We still don't know exactly what that role entailed though.

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Super.

The witch hunt on here against MacPhee is pretty shameful and classless tbh......the amount of online shit being handed out to an employee of the club is nothing to be proud of.

The guy was an assistant to the previous managers.....he wasn’t a decision maker ffs.

Thats pretty radical sense for this place. Can't see it catching on.

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I've found myself of a night with a glass of wine, and my daughter's coloring books. It's actually quite therapeutic and relaxing.

I also find myself of a night with a glass of wine and the bottle. I too find it quite therapeutic and at my age the only relaxing item is the pillow. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ah, so now hiring club legends is a good thing? Ferguson was on the bench for Everton's games as part of the coaching set-up, no different from someone like Fox or Daly. McPhee was officially assistant so that's different. We still don't know exactly what that role entailed though.

He was the translator for the wee Japanese guy

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, TWF said:

I also find myself of a night with a glass of wine and the bottle. I too find it quite therapeutic and at my age the only relaxing item is the pillow. 

@Morgan I've found you a pal.

24 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Super.

Good post, don't let it happen again please. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, TWF said:

Mines is a Malbec

Fine choice.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

His name's Meshino.

Apologies you are absolutely correct his name is Meshino

Still needs a translator as his English is poor

Without reading through all this, am I right in assuming that these 3 assistants are current unemployed?  If so, there is some urgency to this.

I would expect at least one of them will be here pronto.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

Good choice.  :thumbsup:

We are turning every thread into a wine discusson.:whistling:

Problemes?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Without reading through all this, am I right in assuming that these 3 assistants are current unemployed?  If so, there is some urgency to this.

I would expect at least one of them will be here pronto.

May or may not be issues with their contract ''rights''. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

Good choice.  :thumbsup:

Then if the mood takes me it might be a New Zealand Pinot Noir or an Ozzie Shiraz. The wife prefers a rose, so won't go there.

Not quite got to chapter 3 but I'll keep looking.

Patience People

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, TWF said:

Then if the mood takes me it might be a New Zealand Pinot Noir or an Ozzie Shiraz. The wife prefers a rose, so won't go there.

Not quite got to chapter 3 but I'll keep looking.

Patience People

I look forward to chapter 6 where I am lead to believe there is a picture of Superman we can color in with an option to eat the crayon afterwards.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Strange merge as none of his assistants have currently been allowed to join him 🤷‍♂️

It’s terrible.

Mad Stendel oot.

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Problemes?

Just enjoying a very nice South African Pinotage

Still waiting for chapter 3

Patience People

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I look forward to chapter 6 where I am lead to believe there is a picture of Superman we can color in with an option to eat the crayon afterwards.

Oh you have spoiled it for me!

“Just sack them all”

”Just get the assistants in”

Has no one learned from the drawn out process of getting him in that staff changes and contracts are never that simple, especially with two coaches who have been at the same club as Stendel with the same crazy owners and our own group of coaches we will most likely have to negotiate contract settlements with.

Edited by Texia

4 minutes ago, Texia said:

“Just sack them all”

”Just get the assistants in”

Has no one learned from the drawn out process of getting him in that staff changes and contracts are never that simple, especially with two coaches who have been at the same club as Stendel with the same crazy owners and a group of coaches we will most likely have to negotiate contract settlements with.

Patience People. Too many potential heart attacks within this topic

17 minutes ago, TWF said:

Oh you have spoiled it for me!

On reflection, what flavour is the crayon?

I also believe chapters 3,4 and 5 will provide enlightenment into further changes and appointments!

I think his assistants only just officially left Barnsley last week or week before and were in a similar position to what we believed Stendel to be in. Stendel hinted that the club knows what he wants but theres barriers

Haringshairband

I don't get the negativity, we've just appointed a new manager with an exciting football philosophy. Our fan base really are moaning fuds at times.

Heard Daly and fox were at a pro licence coach today but back tomorrow. The club is investing in these guys whether we like it or not so if they are staying then new roles might have to be found 

3 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I don't get the negativity, we've just appointed a new manager with an exciting football philosophy. Our fan base really are moaning fuds at times.

Been like that for decades. Social Media only brings it to a wider audience, so they can speak their minds, voluntarily.

Watch out for heart attacks lads

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, TWF said:

Been like that for decades. Social Media only brings it to a wider audience, so they can speak their minds, voluntarily.

Watch out for heart attacks lads

I can vouch for this.

The salient point here is that Stendel himself said he hoped he could get his assustant in . That's crucial in the debate whatever people's personal take on the coaching situation is . 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Colouring books are really good for anxiety

I reckon we’ll swap out Daly for Tonge, move MacPhee into a background role and have Stendel, Tonge and Fox as our coaching team for now. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Problemes?

Absolutely none whatsoever.  :) 

4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I reckon we’ll swap out Daly for Tonge, move MacPhee into a background role and have Stendel, Tonge and Fox as our coaching team for now. 

Is stern not more likely to come in?