Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

The way I see it, nobody has a problem with him assessing the players and seeing which ones can do a job before they get binned. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't take the same approach with the backroom staff. 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

Jack Ross didn't bring his assistant in on the first day either. 

How many coaches did he bring??? Grant Murray has Been through a few managers at Hibs now. Its common for some coaching staff to remain.  Levein kept Houston first time round etc.

People are utterly desperate to mischief make. Utterly desperate. 

Bridge of Djoum
46 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Oddly enough, I was encouraged by what Stendel said about the two coaches he wants and I think the incumbents days are numbered.

I suspect he wouldn't have come here if he knew he couldn't get them.  Having assistants in the meantime makes perfect sense.

Would have preferred of course if the other two could have arrived with Stendel.

Close thread.

If he wants them we better be going and getting them. Sick of the sight of MacPhee and that Daly character. Just get them away from the first team I don’t really care what job they get if they have to see out their contracts, groundsman if needs be. 

We want him performing at his best and settling into life at Hearts no handicapping him with these jokers!

Bridge of Djoum
38 minutes ago, Whatever said:

What I find bizarre is Ann Budges apparent reluctance to get rid of the people that have taken us to the bottom of the league. For reasons unknown to me it appears she cant let go of those in position.

Anyway, wasn’t the boy Stern released from his contract last week? The Barnsley owner’s behaviour is a convenience here for some. If we can appoint DS we can appoint his assistants.

I hope it’s all sorted through time but it seemed clear to me from Ann’s words that Austin will be here for the foreseeable.

She got her man and the man we wanted. Bringing him in and then firing everyone before he's barely met them is nothing short of stupid.

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Do folk really want all the coaching staff gone with no guarantees we would manage to bring in DS's? 

Have him work on his own yeah? 

Surely it would have been best to negotiate and bring in his staff at the same time as him, along with punting MacPhee, Daly and Fox. Fresh start. 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely it would have been best to negotiate and bring in his staff at the same time as him, along with punting MacPhee, Daly and Fox. Fresh start. 

You can't just punt folk without it costing you or taking you to court. 

The idiocy of this place is unreal at times. 

12 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

How about letting the manager manage?

Unique and forward thinking I know, but give the guy a chance Ffs 🤣🤣

That kind of thinking will never catch on.

16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

My worry is with the old guard still there he could find himself isolated. 

I think the new SD and Daniel himself will ensure that doesn’t happen.

Strikes me that this would only really be an issue if staff who are popular with the players were emptied. By all accounts Daly, in particular is not liked and they don’t seem to have been busting a gut for MacPhee either. If he became SD I’d be more concerned

Just now, droid said:

That kind of thinking will never catch on.

First interview and DS states categorically he took the job because he trusts the owner and the club, wonder if that might have changed had the owner sacked everybody because of groundless fantasising and hearsay emanating from social media.

Due diligence done by both parties and a cracking result at the end, yet still there must be something to knitpick about.

On 09/12/2019 at 15:43, Adam_the_legend said:

Tough! He’ll get daly and fox and he’ll like it! 🤣🤪

Hmm, looks like he does want both 🤔and he will get both trust me 😉

It's pretty simple. 

Empty the deadwood and let the new manager build his own coaching team. 

Normal practice for every other single football team in the world. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

It's pretty simple. 

Aye but he's been here a day. Surely ample time to assess everything.

Just now, indianajones said:

It's pretty simple. 

Tricky Situation atm 👍🇱🇻

34 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:

He's been here less than a day FFS. Give him time to assess what we have and see if he can make use of our coaches. If not, he can advise he'd rather his own men. We probably pushed the budget to get DS, as well as help from our benefactor. There is no point emptying everyone without the chance to show their worth to the new manager. They may excel under him, who knows?

BTW, Liam Fox is well liked by the players. Not an opinion, that is true.

Daly isnt. 

Bit of a joke figure. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Daly isnt. 

Bit of a joke figure. 

Which is why I didn't mention him, chief. 

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, ramrod said:

My worry is with the old guard still there he could find himself isolated. 

We're doomed. 

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Couldn’t confirm in press conference if he’s bringing in any coaches from outside the club. All other coaches remain in place. 

Stendell gets the fans hopes up. 

Got to be a negative though. Nanny and his cronies being kept on. 

How the hell is Macphee still here. 

Astonishing. 🙄

19 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It's pretty simple. 

No it isn’t. Cathro for example came to us from Newcastle who was brought to them by McLaren but kept on by Benitez. It’s quite common at most clubs that some staff remain. Unless you’re a top, top team with money to waste redundancies for sleuths of staff members doesn’t make financial sense.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No it isn’t. Cathro for example came to us from Newcastle who was brought to them by McLaren but kept on by Benitez. It’s quite common at most clubs that some staff remain. Unless you’re a top, top team with money to waste redundancies for sleuths of staff members doesn’t make financial sense.

Image result for colombo tv

Sporting Director, please.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

MacPhee has been through the horrible eras of Cathro and Levein and even had a go himself with chronic results every time. 

How he is still an employee of HMFC is beyond me and tbh probably beyond him as well. 😏

5 minutes ago, farin said:

The same reason Levein is still here tbh, not ideal I know but they are all still under contract. I’d expect him to want to bring in his own No.2 at least though, depends what stipulations were given to him at the interview re staff. He’s just in the door & will make his own assessment of the situation soon enough.. 

Hope so mate. 

We need a complete clear out of the Levein regime. 

Maybe that will be quite soon. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

MacPhee has been through the horrible eras of Cathro and Levein and even had a go himself with chronic results every time. 

How he is still an employee of HMFC is beyond me and tbh probably beyond him as well. 😏

Perhaps something to do with his successes at St. Mirren and Northern Ireland and the fact the Scottish FA wanted him in the role filled by celebrity racist and homophobe Malky Mackay now. MacPhee proved with other teams he can be a successful part of a team of coaches, he’s evidently proved he can’t lead a team, that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be considered by Stendel. Also have to take into consideration losing the dressing room. If you have a popular figure (like Fox supposedly is) you start on the wrong foot by punting them straight away. This isn’t Football Manager, we’re talking people’s lives and livelihoods and ultimately it will be down to Stendel to decide I feel.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Perhaps something to do with his successes at St. Mirren and Northern Ireland and the fact the Scottish FA wanted him in the role filled by celebrity racist and homophobe Malky Mackay now. MacPhee proved with other teams he can be a successful part of a team of coaches, he’s evidently proved he can’t lead a team, that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be considered by Stendel. Also have to take into consideration losing the dressing room. If you have a popular figure (like Fox supposedly is) you start on the wrong foot by punting them straight away. This isn’t Football Manager, we’re talking people’s lives and livelihoods and ultimately it will be down to Stendel to decide I feel.

Fair enough. 

Everybody has their own thoughts on these things. 

Just have to agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, Homme said:

You can't just punt folk without it costing you or taking you to court. 

Did you really think I thought we wouldn’t pay them off😂😂😂

Both their contracts expire this summer so I doubt it would be that much. 

Surely you would pay to get them punted and then get the men Stendel wants around with him alongside. 

Edited by Famous 1874

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Strange merge as none of his assistants have currently been allowed to join him 🤷‍♂️

As yet.

He was more than happy to join the club and that may come with a stipulation that he can bring his own men in in the near future.

Seems you're trying to cause an argument out of nothing TBH. 

Bridge of Djoum

''Just get him''

''Just get his assistants in''

Just get Brexit done''

''Just fire them''

Easy, uncomplicated world some live in.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So we all hated the DOF role and wanted a manager to be appointed who would make all football related decisions.

We get rid of the DOF, appoint a manager and now want somebody other than the manager to make football related decisions

Couldn't. Make. It. Up.

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

As yet.

He was more than happy to join the club and that may come with a stipulation that he can bring his own men in in the near future.

Seems you're trying to cause an argument out of nothing TBH. 

It’s a misleading thread title.

He’s working with Macphee Daly and Fox from tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So we all hated the DOF role and wanted a manager to be appointed who would make all football related decisions.

We get rid of the DOF, appoint a manager and now want somebody other than the manager to make football related decisions

Couldn't. Make. It. Up.

He needs to make the right decisions 🤷🏼‍♂️😎

Guest ToqueJambo

Perhaps the current coaches were being held back by Levein's approach? 

If every coach got sacked when every manager gets sacked, it would cost clubs loads of money for a start. And secondly coaches would never develop. Just like some players respond better to different managers, is it really beyond the realms of possibility that coaches do too?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Couldn't. Make. It. Up.

What you on about. :stuart: His decision was to bring his own coaches in. He's keeping coaches because he can't get his own in. You think he wants 4 coaches?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

And you are completely unwilling to consider that DS may want to assess the staff before making any decision. This just may be what he wants. 

I'd put decent money on Stendel getting at least one of his assistants in. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

What you on about. :stuart: His decision was to bring his own coaches in. He's keeping coaches because he can't get his own in. You think he wants 4 coaches?

You think we only need 3 coaches to coach/run all our teams?

Do you know who he wants to run the reserves? The U18s?

So what are you on about?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And you are completely unwilling to consider that DS may want to assess the staff before making any decision. This just may be what he wants. 

I'd put decent money on Stendel getting at least one of his assistants in. 

Did you watch the press conference? 🤪

His ‘biggest wish’ is for his two assistants to join him.

As for the time being at least, that’s clearly not happening.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Whatever said:

Did you watch the press conference? 🤪

His ‘biggest wish’ is for his two assistants to join him.

As for the time being at least, that’s clearly not happening.

So stop pishing yersel and have some patience.

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Good luck to him 😉

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Perhaps the current coaches were being held back by Levein's approach? 

If every coach got sacked when every manager gets sacked, it would cost clubs loads of money for a start. And secondly coaches would never develop. Just like some players respond better to different managers, is it really beyond the realms of possibility that coaches do too?

Macphee didn't change much when Levein got emptied.