Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think if push came to shove my presence on here would be more popular than yours.

For the comedy value 😂

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Think he’ll be great for us but I’m wary of getting my hopes up too soon. There’s a lot of work to do to turn this squad around, might be difficult to get an immediate turn around. Fingers crossed for a new manager bounce though 🤞🏻

Definitely 👍🏽

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair enough, we are all allowed our opinions ( which was part of my initial point).

The whole happy clapper, haters chat is dreadful stuff. I wanted Levein to succeed, I wanted Cathro to succeed, and I want DS to succeed too. There are subtleties around opinions and I acknowledge that mine are often wrong! 

People become so resolute, the vitriol is unhealthy.  At the end of the day, we're all meant to be supporting the same team. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
43 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I thought Levein was a egotistical bullyboy dictator. Heard it on here.  How can the other coaches bear any responsibility if so?

Not interested in levein or the past anymore ! Delighted with this appointment and all about getting right behind the new man now and looking to the future 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, EH11 said:

The whole happy clapper, haters chat is dreadful stuff. I wanted Levein to succeed, I wanted Cathro to succeed, and I want DS to succeed too. There are subtleties around opinions and I acknowledge that mine are often wrong! 

People become so resolute, the vitriol is unhealthy.  At the end of the day, we're all meant to be supporting the same team. 

Agreed, I was replying to someone who called me a Doomsayer. I have used the term fan boys in the past in response to other criticism of fans who want the club to succeed, who don’t have blind faith and wont put up with what we have suffered these last few seasons

I can only hope that Stendel can invigorate the team and the fans, personally I’m feeling much more positive regarding our last few fixtures of this calendar year.

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I’d really like to know what they all do? There seems to be loads of them farting about producing one of, if not the worst Hearts teams I’ve seen.

Unfit, chicken hearted, poor defensively, weak in midfield and don’t score goals. Perhaps the football review will explain it. 

Not much to argue with there.

Maybe a leadership problem. Not enough scrutiny in the past, maybe. Certainly not been doing a successful job.

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I thought Levein was a egotistical bullyboy dictator. Heard it on here.  How can the other coaches bear any responsibility if so?

He was, but he also clearly listened to the other coaches on match days when making decisions. The periods where Daly and the Fox took over showed they’re not up to the job, as is their contribution to the coaching of the players up until Levein breezed into training on a Thursday.

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

What is German for "How the **** is that useless lazy **** on a 4 year contract?"

Wie zum Teufel ist diese fette faule Fotze bei einem Vierjahresvertrag

1 hour ago, EH11 said:

Or 'spot off' , depending on your opinion. Deep breaths Thomaso, for the blood pressure 😉

Everybody is entitled to my opinion.  😉

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was, but he also clearly listened to the other coaches on match days when making decisions. The periods where Daly and the Fox took over showed they’re not up to the job, as is their contribution to the coaching of the players up until Levein breezed into training on a Thursday.

ah so we got rid of Levein by mistake - it was his team that was letting him down?

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not interested in levein or the past anymore ! Delighted with this appointment and all about getting right behind the new man now and looking to the future 

Question wasn't about Levein...

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

ah so we got rid of Levein by mistake - it was his team that was letting him down?

Whole lot of them are ****, source = last 12 months form table. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

This. People need to stop trying to absolve individuals from blame. The entire coaching staff need bulleting.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

The back-up team is shite. Source: the injury list for the last 12 months.

5 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Utter drivel.  Given their performances on the park none of them would surely have the brass neck to stand in front of Budge and complain about McPhee.  I'm sure she would have left them in no doubt about where they stand if they had.

Spot on.

Adam_the_legend
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

The back-up team is shite. Source: the injury list for the last 12 months.

Easier to get rid of 3-4 coaches than 15 players

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Easier to get rid of 3-4 coaches than 15 players

Thought you meant the team/squad. I don't get the obsession with the coaches. Duncan Ferguson and Freddie Ljungberg were part of failed coaching teams and are currently in charge of the first teams. Coaches do what they're told by the head coach/manager. The only one who is more his own man is Andy Kirk with the reserves.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m sure there is a press conference tomorrow.

A gengen-presser tomorrow?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let it go chief, it's a lie and does you no favours whatsoever. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

They’re all responsible, did you eventually accept he should’ve been sacked, but as the man in charge of all football decisions he carried the can. Get them all away from the club ASAP.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Let it go chief, it's a lie and does you no favours whatsoever. 

It’s a lie, just another one that Levein told in his time at the club, he makes Trump and Johnson look truthful.

I will let it go when he and his useless coaches, and some players, are finally run out the door never to return . . . . . maybe.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Thought you meant the team/squad. I don't get the obsession with the coaches. Duncan Ferguson and Freddie Ljungberg were part of failed coaching teams and are currently in charge of the first teams. Coaches do what they're told by the head coach/manager. The only one who is more his own man is Andy Kirk with the reserves.

Maybe because Daly, Macphee and Fox have proved with us as coaches and in charge of the team that they’re useless and need replaced? They were just doing what they were told, did you miss them conferring on every decision made during games?

I would have liked a full clear out of the coaching staff but I think we need to be realistic on costs here, especially if we’re to bring in some players in January too.

By all accounts Stendel will be at the top end of our pay scale, plus 1 of his coaches. Then we’d need to either continue paying or pay off entirely our current coaching staff plus money for January. That’s not cheap and I’d be surprised if we could afford to do all of it in one go. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe because Daly, Macphee and Fox have proved with us as coaches and in charge of the team that they’re useless and need replaced? They were just doing what they were told, did you miss them conferring on every decision made during games?

I would like Stendel to pick his own staff. I’ll just get that out the way at the start here. :thumbsup:

That being said, how do you know what they were contributing or saying during matches? Could be they were being asked about player fitness results, or even any number of things not related to their opinion on whether we should play a certain system or make a certain change.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This. People need to stop trying to absolve individuals from blame. The entire coaching staff need bulleting.

Have they accepted Leveins sacking yet?

Coburg Hearts
8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I think we need to keep some of the current staff at least until Stendel gets to know the players.

How else would he know that Walker is an attacking midfielder or Wighton is a striker for example, unless someone points it out to him

Not to mention our 3 goalkeepers. 

Adam_the_legend
20 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Are we talking at the end of the season or now?

As soon as possible. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Discussion seemed to be about the bootroom. Paper talk but FL seems like he’s not going to last long. it’s about creating a different environment for the players. If you’re coming into training everyday and are still dealing with McPhee, Daly, Fox theres the potential for a hangover from the previous set up.

Coburg Hearts
8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Remember this guy is new to Scotland and the clique mentality that exists here, especially in the football media. He needs somebody around who can tell him who the mischief makers are, the personalities of the other coaches/managers and who the good journalists are.

Who knows, he might even make the current coaches better at their job too. 

It would be a mistake, in my opinion, to just get rid of everyone right away. Let it be his decision, in time. To make those decisions for him wouldn't be a good way to start.

Too sensible by far.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I would like Stendel to pick his own staff. I’ll just get that out the way at the start here. :thumbsup:

That being said, how do you know what they were contributing or saying during matches? Could be they were being asked about player fitness results, or even any number of things not related to their opinion on whether we should play a certain system or make a certain change.

He should be able to pick his own staff, good point, we will see over the next few months what he thinks of them.

Anyone sitting near the dug outs could see them discussing substitutions etc, one instance where putting Morrison to RB took them a minute, it was the only solution as anyone could see. Daly usually was in the stands early in games relaying messages down, was he ignored? I’m sure Levein said all that, can’t be bothered finding it though as someone would just point out how many times he lied and can’t be trusted. 
All three first team coaches have shown they’re not up to the job, the GK coach hasn’t done much either tbh. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He should be able to pick his own staff, good point, we will see over the next few months what he thinks of them.

Anyone sitting near the dug outs could see them discussing substitutions etc, one instance where putting Morrison to RB took them a minute, it was the only solution as anyone could see. Daly usually was in the stands early in games relaying messages down, was he ignored? I’m sure Levein said all that, can’t be bothered finding it though as someone would just point out how many times he lied and can’t be trusted. 
All three first team coaches have shown they’re not up to the job, the GK coach hasn’t done much either tbh. 

What I mean is: unless you know what they were saying and what they were being asked, you can’t really apportion blame with such certainty, imo.

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re all responsible, did you eventually accept he should’ve been sacked, but as the man in charge of all football decisions he carried the can. Get them all away from the club ASAP.

It is the inconsistency that I dislike. How can people sit there telling us Levein is a dictator, stubborn, a bully etc and then turn round and want every coach at the club sacked because they are tainted by association with Levein? Someone is lying to us...

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you mistake my disdain for your insulting comments as support for another insulting post. I do agree that Levein and his pals are hanging around like a bad smell and should be removed from the building, as I pointed out it happens in football all the time. Your intolerant comments about caravans are as misplaced as your support of the coaching team that have us joint bottom of the league, the doomsayers were much more accurate than you happy clappers, unfortunately. 

Again, a load of assumptions not based on what I actually posted.

Where did I say I supported the present coaching team?

Intolerant comment about "caravans"!!!!  Oh ma sides!  No doubt the Society for the Protection of Caravans will be sending me hate mail and death threats!   They can join the queue.

You are on something and if you could bottle it you would make a fortune.

PS If I am a happy clapper, I would rather be one of them than a depressed, morbid and negative moaning Minnie.

PPS You're not Dominic Cummings are you?

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Intolerant comment about "caravans"!!!!  Oh ma sides!  No doubt the Society for the Protection of Caravans will be sending me hate mail and death threats!   They can join the queue.

PS If I am a happy clapper, I would rather be one of them than a depressed, morbid and negative moaning Minnie.

Some caravans are really smart these days. Boy I know lives in one in Tarbolton. More like a proper house tbh.

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Smith loves MacPhee. The Irish players clearly respect him or they would not have come. 

Daly Fox Gallacher are journey men that will not be missed I expect 

Fox is hardly a journeyman. I had heard he is well liked by the players.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I think we need to keep some of the current staff at least until Stendel gets to know the players.

How else would he know that Walker is an attacking midfielder or Wighton is a striker for example, unless someone points it out to him

Or Clare isn't a steward 😭

Bazzas right boot

Let Stendel decide who to keep and bin. 

Not Budge, CL or pant wetters on here. 

Let him decide. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

It is the inconsistency that I dislike. How can people sit there telling us Levein is a dictator, stubborn, a bully etc and then turn round and want every coach at the club sacked because they are tainted by association with Levein? Someone is lying to us...

You can be all those things and also listen to folk, I can be all those things but when I’m wrong I can take on board what others think and change my mind. Levein is the biggest liar at the club.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

If you’re saying that people are wrong about their abilities then you are supporting them.

Calling me Dominic Cummings is the worst insult I’ve ever had on here.

I don’t think he sticks up for caravaners though.

Levein makes most Hearts fans negative and depressed, the players too, because that’s his style of football. Not sure about morbid though 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What I mean is: unless you know what they were saying and what they were being asked, you can’t really apportion blame with such certainty, imo.

Fair enough 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Because both extremes are clearly ridiculous.

Levein needed sacking because his record was shocking and he’d completely lost the ability to improve the team.

The rest are complicit by their involvement. Loads of people tried to counter my criticism of McPhee with WHAT IF HE GOES ON A WINNING RUN but sadly for him he’s had to actually prove his coaching ability and the evidence shows (very predictably) that he doesn’t have any.

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because both extremes are clearly ridiculous.

Levein needed sacking because his record was shocking and he’d completely lost the ability to improve the team.

The rest are complicit by their involvement. Loads of people tried to counter my criticism of McPhee with WHAT IF HE GOES ON A WINNING RUN but sadly for him he’s had to actually prove his coaching ability and the evidence shows (very predictably) that he doesn’t have any.

I agree about Levein - nobody doubts that he had to go. It is the continuing rattling of the pitchforks that I am questioning...Will you be saying the same thing of the new manager if he gets bad results in his first 6 games? After all he will be in a stronger position in that he has the job and is not in interim charge...