Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I agree about Levein - nobody doubts that he had to go. It is the continuing rattling of the pitchforks that I am questioning...Will you be saying the same thing of the new manager if he gets bad results in his first 6 games? After all he will be in a stronger position in that he has the job and is not in interim charge...

No because I suspect his style of play is very different and I doubt he’s got the players to set it up properly. We badly need to get through this season and move on. Stendel gets easily 12 months before I take a view on him 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I agree about Levein - nobody doubts that he had to go. It is the continuing rattling of the pitchforks that I am questioning...Will you be saying the same thing of the new manager if he gets bad results in his first 6 games? After all he will be in a stronger position in that he has the job and is not in interim charge...

PS - who’s the woman in your avatar because I would ride her like seabiscuit

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No because I suspect his style of play is very different and I doubt he’s got the players to set it up properly. We badly need to get through this season and move on. Stendel gets easily 12 months before I take a view on him 

You think McPhee ought to have immediately changed the style of play as soon as he was made interim coach? 

He has coached Miko Alborroz who played for Malmo at the Giro when they won 7-0.

Get him in I say even if he's rubbish.  Great PR value and being rubbish has never been an impediment to our recruitment in the past.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You think McPhee ought to have immediately changed the style of play as soon as he was made interim coach? 

McPhee’s been here for three years. You can’t pretend he was thrown the ball and told to run with it. He has no idea what to do with this squad, despite working with it for so long.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

He has coached Miko Alborroz who played for Malmo at the Giro when they won 7-0.

Get him in I say even if he's rubbish.  Great PR value and being rubbish has never been an impediment to our recruitment in the past.

Has he broken any arms or legs recently?

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Has he broken any arms or legs recently?

Oh yes.  His injury record is quite outstanding.  Tailor made for us.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe because Daly, Macphee and Fox have proved with us as coaches and in charge of the team that they’re useless and need replaced? They were just doing what they were told, did you miss them conferring on every decision made during games?

By that logic all the players should go too, aye? They did what they told but also made decisions themselves on the fly. It's a childish, unrealistic view of things. In previous years no-one cared who the backroom coaching staff were. Just because the internet means we know the names of every member of staff, it doesn't mean we know what their jobs were or how they performed.

29 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Out of contract end of season. 

part_time_jambo
12 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

There are ways and means of moving people on. At least one coach possibly two can be reassigned to a position not directly involved in the first team. This may not suit them and result in them moving of their own volition.

Create a constructive dismissal case you mean?

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

By that logic all the players should go too, aye? They did what they told but also made decisions themselves on the fly. It's a childish, unrealistic view of things. In previous years no-one cared who the backroom coaching staff were. Just because the internet means we know the names of every member of staff, it doesn't mean we know what their jobs were or how they performed.

It’s hard to say what players will go, they either ignored what was asked of them or weren’t up to it or the tactics were flawed. Most coaches go when the manager does, that’s football. Daly, Fox and Macphee have all had opportunities to lead teams, none of them have impressed. All three and Gallacher had the chance to improve the Hearts squad, it’s clear they’ve failed miserably. It’s almost like you still can’t accept Levein was a disaster and think these guys are great coaches even though we are joint bottom of the league 6 weeks after he was removed from the dugout. 
Definitely all the internets fault though, it was better to live in ignorance clearly. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s hard to say what players will go, they either ignored what was asked of them or weren’t up to it or the tactics were flawed. Most coaches go when the manager does, that’s football. Daly, Fox and Macphee have all had opportunities to lead teams, none of them have impressed. All three and Gallacher had the chance to improve the Hearts squad, it’s clear they’ve failed miserably. It’s almost like you still can’t accept Levein was a disaster and think these guys are great coaches even though we are joint bottom of the league 6 weeks after he was removed from the dugout. 
Definitely all the internets fault though, it was better to live in ignorance clearly. 

Their jobs are to do what they're told. Maybe we should get rid of all the furniture in case Levein touched it or had a say in choosing it. It's ridiculous the way some folk are acting, like we've never had a poor manager or meh couple of seasons before. The irony is some of the same folk thought we should have appointed Jack, despite him being a Levein choice. Anyhow, the day I start worrying about the goalie coach or whatever is the day to retire from following football! 

GorgieFifeLife
21 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Create a constructive dismissal case you mean?

Not at all. It would be no different to Levein being removed from position and given other duties in another part of the club.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Their jobs are to do what they're told. Maybe we should get rid of all the furniture in case Levein touched it or had a say in choosing it. It's ridiculous the way some folk are acting, like we've never had a poor manager or meh couple of seasons before. The irony is some of the same folk thought we should have appointed Jack, despite him being a Levein choice. Anyhow, the day I start worrying about the goalie coach or whatever is the day to retire from following football! 

The doing what your told excuse wasn’t valid in WWII and it isn’t now I’m afraid. Challenging your boss if they’re clearly wrong is exactly the kind of thing I want from not only Hearts coaches but everyone everywhere. If the state of our current GKs and the coaching they receive doesn’t worry you that’s up to you.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Some caravans are really smart these days. Boy I know lives in one in Tarbolton. More like a proper house tbh.

Exactly!

Unfortunately someone on here has some weird ideas about caravans.  Apparently it's a "race" thing???

Personally, I think that's carrying stereotyping a zillion miles too far.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The doing what your told excuse wasn’t valid in WWII and it isn’t now I’m afraid. Challenging your boss if they’re clearly wrong is exactly the kind of thing I want from not only Hearts coaches but everyone everywhere. If the state of our current GKs and the coaching they receive doesn’t worry you that’s up to you.

How do you know they didn't? Are you saying they should have staged a coup?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Anyone else notice in Barnsley’s statement the implication that Stendel’s TWO assistants were in talks with Hearts? They could be very well blowing out their holes but I say after their shenanigans we bring every one of them in just to grind their gears.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

In a nutshell.  People make subjective assumptions without having all the objective evidence.  It's how far western civilisation has nose-dived.  The more "knowledge"  is twisted by subjectively driven preconceptions, the less wisdom we see.

Look at Boris for goodness sakes.  He wouldn't have lasted five minutes, in fact he would never have been elected leader of the Tories, even 30 years ago.  Truth to him is so subjective, it's what he says at that moment and can change with him hardly taking a breath. 

Opinion is the great cop-out!

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Anyone else notice in Barnsley’s statement the implication that Stendel’s TWO assistants were in talks with Hearts? They could be very well blowing out their holes but I say after their shenanigans we bring every one of them in just to grind their gears.

The statement is all over the place. Anyone wanting Budge out just needs to read that to see what we could get if we're not careful.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The statement is all over the place. Anyone wanting Budge out just needs to read that to see what we could get if we're not careful.

“Fans” were saying we were a joke of a club and a shambles. They don’t know they’re born and they need to build a backbone if they can’t deal with a bit of banter from workmates.

34 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Maybe we are 😉 i won't say anymore as don't want to possibly harm the club I love and support let's wait and see mate 👍🇱🇻

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe we are 😉 i won't say anymore as don't want to possibly harm the club I love and support let's wait and see mate 👍🇱🇻

:levein_interesting:

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

In a nutshell.  People make subjective assumptions without having all the objective evidence.  It's how far western civilisation has nose-dived.  The more "knowledge"  is twisted by subjectively driven preconceptions, the less wisdom we see.

Look at Boris for goodness sakes.  He wouldn't have lasted five minutes, in fact he would never have been elected leader of the Tories, even 30 years ago.  Truth to him is so subjective, it's what he says at that moment and can change with him hardly taking a breath. 

Opinion is the great cop-out!

Colin, do you mind if you keep politics out of the Terrace, thanks? If not, can we all bash whoever our least favourite politician is?

The mods have already given at least 2 warnings about this, but it's not having much affect. 

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Indeed. FoH protects us from that. Thankfully it worked, and thankfully Budge didn’t take a salary. Hibs debts building their stadium is what gave their ‘money-ball’ con artist a way in to their club. He will recoup his £6m original stake through a salary, and any money he puts in to redevelop them will be taken back through fans ponying up through HSL.

That lingering mortgage debt to Farmer, and the failure of HSL to buy enough shares ensures this. 

The way we have done this, we will not have a meaningful debt that can be bought, that will put us at risk from being bought over by an owner like Hibs or Barnsley’s owners. 

Budge has made sure she is handing over a club that has everything it needs for the future when she is paid back, and crucially no massive debt to drag us down. Doubled the size of the club, completed our infrastructure, no debt, fan owned.

Personally, I’d be making sure the football side of things is now totally covered (which she seems to be doing by restructuring and bringing in a manager and a sporting director), and then I’d be asking her to stay on and carry on the fantastic job she is doing with the business side of things.

**** being a Barnsley or a Hibs. Not envious of their set-ups at all.

21 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Smith today in the EEN: 

"To me, he’s one of the good guys and he was the one who sold me on the club and brought me here so I haven’t got a bad word to say about him.”

Think I'll take his word over yours.

You really think the players have been happy with McPhee at the helm? I'm not saying every single one of them has an issue with him but I do know there have been several players who are not happy with him and have made their feeling known internally. Anyway hopefully he gets punted out the door now that Stendel is here, no place for him at Hearts IMO. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

You really think the players have been happy with McPhee at the helm? I'm not saying every single one of them has an issue with him but I do know there have been several players who are not happy with him and have made their feeling known internally. Anyway hopefully he gets punted out the door now that Stendel is here, no place for him at Hearts IMO. 

I don't think its an issue of the players not liking him. I think its more the case of they know he is interim manager, he knows he is interim manager and we've been stuck in that limbo for weeks now leading to increasing frustrations on all parts.

I can't speak for the players but i've came across Austin a number of times now and found him to be one of the most approachable people at the club. 

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

I can't speak for the players but i've came across Austin a number of times now and found him to be one of the most approachable people at the club. 

:oohmatron:

He'd have to be approachable to let you do that to him a number of times, tbf.

23 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:oohmatron:

He'd have to be approachable to let you do that to him a number of times, tbf.

Oh he's very approachable :lol:

12 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Colin, do you mind if you keep politics out of the Terrace, thanks? If not, can we all bash whoever our least favourite politician is?

The mods have already given at least 2 warnings about this, but it's not having much affect. 

I certainly accept that but, I was using Boris as an individual who is so obviously and publicly an example of the point I was making.  The intention was not political.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do you know they didn't? Are you saying they should have staged a coup?

It’s pretty clear what I meant when I said you should challenge your boss when they’re wrong, most bosses take it on board and appreciate a different view even if nothing changes. Maybe they did challenge him, but if they did none of the suggestions or solutions worked did they? Can you name any first team coaches who contributed to their team being joint bottom of the league with the fourth highest budget who got to stay when the manager was sacked?

What makes you think they’re any good and should remain?

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. FoH protects us from that. Thankfully it worked, and thankfully Budge didn’t take a salary. Hibs debts building their stadium is what gave their ‘money-ball’ con artist a way in to their club. He will recoup his £6m original stake through a salary, and any money he puts in to redevelop them will be taken back through fans ponying up through HSL.

That lingering mortgage debt to Farmer, and the failure of HSL to buy enough shares ensures this. 

The way we have done this, we will not have a meaningful debt that can be bought, that will put us at risk from being bought over by an owner like Hibs or Barnsley’s owners. 

Budge has made sure she is handing over a club that has everything it needs for the future when she is paid back, and crucially no massive debt to drag us down. Doubled the size of the club, completed our infrastructure, no debt, fan owned.

Personally, I’d be making sure the football side of things is now totally covered (which she seems to be doing by restructuring and bringing in a manager and a sporting director), and then I’d be asking her to stay on and carry on the fantastic job she is doing with the business side of things.

**** being a Barnsley or a Hibs. Not envious of their set-ups at all.

Did they not pay Farmer up in full, is that not where the £6m went? A cut of any sale of McGinn is probably my only concern about the flairmeisters and they’re new coach. Barnsley don’t even come on the radar.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did they not pay Farmer up in full, is that not where the £6m went? A cut of any sale of McGinn is probably my only concern about the flairmeisters and they’re new coach. Barnsley don’t even come on the radar.

What happened was this:

Farmer owned the company that owned HFC.

HFC borrowed money from the bank to build their stadium and training centre at East Mains. Mortgages.

Tom Farmer acted as garauntaur for those mortgages.

Hibs were struggling to make the payments after the collapse of the banking sector, so Farmer paid their debt off (at a massively discounted amount) and set up a repayment plan for HFC to pay him back with a lump sum and then £500k p/a.

Farmer got sick of waiting and sold his shares and the debt to Ron Gordon.

Ron Gordon vaporised the share purchase/fan-ownership vehicle (HSL - of which Leeanne Dempster was a board member at the same time as being a board member at HFC), because he wasn’t going to sell any of the shares he bought off Farmer. Shares that HSL had been promised.

Now Gordon has control of Hibs and has paid Farmer the price of his shares for the lot.

He then met the HSL guys and informed them that he will not be letting them buy any of his shares, and that his planned ‘investment’ in their training centre will cost c£6m and he expects the fans to pony up to pay for it.

He has floating charges over all of Hibs assets and properties.

I assume he takes a large salary from the club? If so, then that’s his initial outlay for buying the club secured for the next few years. 

It’s beautiful. :lol:

Thank **** Ann Budge has not taken a salary, has doubled the size of our club, is not leaving us with significant debt, and is handing ownership to us. The alternative doesn’t bear thinking about!

Oh, Hibs...   :facepalm:

🐴⬆️

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What happened was this:

HFC borrowed money from the bank to build their stadium and training centre at East Mains. Mortgages.

Hibs were struggling to make the payments after the collapse of the banking sector, so Farmer paid their debt off (at a massively discounted amount) and set up a repayment plan for HFC to pay him back with a lump sum and then £500k p/a.

Ron Gordon vaporised the share purchase/fan-ownership vehicle (HSL - of which Leeanne Dempster was a board member at the same time as being a board member at HFC), because he wasn’t going to sell any of the shares he bought off Farmer. Shares that HSL had been promised.

Now Gordon has control of Hibs and has paid Farmer the price of his shares for the lot.

He then met the HSL guys and informed them that he will not be letting them buy any of his shares, and that his planned ‘investment’ in their training centre will cost c£6m and he expects the fans to pony up to pay for it.

I assume he takes a large salary from the club? If so, then that’s his initial outlay for buying the club secured for the next few years. 

Thank **** Ann Budge has not taken a salary, has doubled the size of our club, is not leaving us with significant debt, and is handing ownership to us. The alternative doesn’t bear thinking about!

🐴⬆️

They've been stitched up something awful.

It's glorious.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Homme said:

They've been stitched up something awful.

It's glorious.

:lol:

Indeed. Interesting that the only part of Hibs he wants to see money spent on has been the academy. 🤔

Wonder what his plans are... :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Any tweets from the journos there regarding who he wants to bring with him?

Too busy asking about Barnsley to ask any useful questions.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What happened was this:

🐴⬆️

Soooooo he has been paid off on the mortgage debt then, I thought you said there was a lingering debt but sorry if I misconstrued what you meant. Good knowledge though and not a situation any sane Hibee (Oxymoron) would be comfortable with. Can’t wait to find out Ron’s real motives though 😆😃😂.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Soooooo he has been paid off on the mortgage debt then, you said he hadn’t? Good knowledge though and not a situation any sane Hibee (Oxymoron) would be comfortable with. Can’t wait to find out Ron’s real motives though 😆😃😂.

Farmer has been paid off on the mortgage that he bought off the bank at a discounted rate. Gordon will recoup this amount through his salary.

Gordon's plans will be to get the Hibs fans to pay for upgrades to their academy, and to use the academy to sell players for profit. The interesting part will be where that profit goes.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Farmer has been paid off on the mortgage that he bought off the bank at a discounted rate. Gordon will recoup this amount through his salary.

Gordon's plans will be to get the Hibs fans to pay for upgrades to their academy, and to use the academy to sell players for profit. The interesting part will be where that profit goes.

He will fail miserably, they don’t really invest in the club unlike ourselves. Can’t wait to see the salary he pays himself in their next accounts ££££$$$$$ 😆.

ginger jambo98
54 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

During the season that they won the cup, the "discounted debt buy out" was completed. This left a state owned Bank with a bad debt that hadn't been budgeted for. But when we won the cup, we were poppy feefs and cheeturz. A fact I like to remind vermin of when they bring up administration. 

6 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

During the season that they won the cup, the "discounted debt buy out" was completed. This left a state owned Bank with a bad debt that hadn't been budgeted for. But when we won the cup, we were poppy feefs and cheeturz. A fact I like to remind vermin of when they bring up administration. 

Yes. Don’t want to drag this off topic any further, but that is correct.

Adam_the_legend

Couldn’t confirm in press conference if he’s bringing in any coaches from outside the club. All other coaches remain in place. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Couldn’t confirm in press conference if he’s bringing in any coaches from outside the club. All other coaches remain in place. 

McLeech clinging on

Having now watched the press conference in full, and seeing how the other thread has descended into a chat on Ron Gordon and Hibs, I noticed a couple of things I thought were worth highlighting.

Daniels ‘biggest wish’ is to have his 2 assistants on board with him (Stern and Tonge) - so no deal done with them yet?!

Austin Macphee will remain at the club to assist Daniel in getting to know Hearts and Scottish football. ‘Going forward’ according to AB he’ll also help with ‘recruitment and other things’

Macphee and Andy Kirk were with DS at training today.

Most notably and incredibly, IMO, both Jon Daly and Liam Fox will return tomorrow and be ‘ready to help Daniel in any way they can’.

Looks like the mass clear out isn’t happening after all.

Very disappointing that those who have contributed to our current plight haven’t been relieved of their duties and DS doesn’t (yet) have his own men in.

Edited by Whatever

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

That is disappointing but time will tell. He'll see what they have to offer and judge himself I suppose. I think Stern, at least will be arriving soon