Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Leveins Battalion

Daniel is just in the door,I'd imagine Stern and Tongue will follow him in the next few weeks,pretty sure some of our current coaches will leave also👍

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McLeech clinging on

He certainly has the lives of a cat. Made it through the cathro and levein debacles unscathed and still around for stendel. I hope if stendel decides they’re not up to it AB won’t push back on moving them on. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

That is disappointing but time will tell. He'll see what they have to offer and judge himself I suppose. I think Stern, at least will be arriving soon

We’d be in trouble without someone who’s sole job involves pointing at the pitch so Austin stays.

The Mercer Takeover
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Having now watched the press conference in full, and seeing how the other thread has descended into a chat on Ron Gordon and Hibs, I noticed a couple of things I thought were worth highlighting.

Daniels ‘biggest wish’ is to have his 2 assistants on board with him (Stern and Tonge) - so no deal done with them yet?!

Austin Macphee will remain at the club to assist Daniel in getting to know Hearts and Scottish football. ‘Going forward’ according to AB he’ll also help with ‘recruitment and other things’

Macphee and Andy Kirk were with DS at training today.

Most notably and incredibly, IMO, both Jon Daly and Liam Fox will return tomorrow and be ‘ready to help Daniel in any way they can’.

Looks like the mass clear out isn’t happening after all.

Very disappointing that those who have contributed to our current plight haven’t been relieved of their duties and DS doesn’t (yet) have his own men in.

Good post.

Picked up on that as well and it's a massive worry for me . 

Probably just going to asses all the coaching staff but I would be much happier if he had his chosen assistant in right away to bounce ideas off . 

Hooe we're not hanging the guy out to dry and he's happy with this . 

7 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Couldn’t confirm in press conference if he’s bringing in any coaches from outside the club. All other coaches remain in place. 

Would imagine the the wee pouty ***** at Barnsley’s tantrums mean it’s a delicate situation to discuss right now. 

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Having now watched the press conference in full, and seeing how the other thread has descended into a chat on Ron Gordon and Hibs, I noticed a couple of things I thought were worth highlighting.

Daniels ‘biggest wish’ is to have his 2 assistants on board with him (Stern and Tonge) - so no deal done with them yet?!

Austin Macphee will remain at the club to assist Daniel in getting to know Hearts and Scottish football. ‘Going forward’ according to AB he’ll also help with ‘recruitment and other things’

Most notably and incredibly, IMO, both Jon Daly and Liam Fox will return tomorrow and be ‘ready to help Daniel in any way they can’.

Very disappointing that those who have contributed to our current plight haven’t been relieved of their duties and DS doesn’t (yet) have his own men in.

So we actually know that Fox and Daly had much real input into training under Levein/McPhee - couldn;t they just have been the guys who passed on instructions and oversaw training along lines set by thos ehigher up?

I mean, I don't know, but if so, then they're not as culpable as all that.

Do folk really want all the coaching staff gone with no guarantees we would manage to bring in DS's? 

Have him work on his own yeah? 

I just do not know what is going on behind the scenes at Hearts. We have hired a manager who on paper is good at his job ... but the people who were also part of his success and he obviously feels are needed are not going to be with him... however the numpties who have been instrumental in an absolute cluster **** shite show over the past 4 seasons are to a man all still employed by the club??  ! 

I would think the ongoing dispute with Barnsley would play a part in us getting his Barnsley coaches in, and probably affect what he/Hearts can say on the matter too.

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Do folk really want all the coaching staff gone with no guarantees we would manage to bring in DS's? 

It shouldn’t be a surprise when we have the previous head coach still here to offer advice if needed, tbh.

An utterly bizarre way for a football club to behave.

5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I just do not know what is going on behind the scenes at Hearts. We have hired a manager who on paper is good at his job ... but the people who were also part of his success and he obviously feels are needed are not going to be with him... however the numpties who have been instrumental in an absolute cluster **** shite show over the past 4 seasons are to a man all still employed by the club??  ! 

1. No you don't and

2. Says who? 

I don't imagine he'd have taken the gig without some kind of guarantees re his assistants. He spoke about "trust" being the most important thing for him in coming here. There will be changes, of that I have no doubt

Edited by Jamhammer

Would imagine they are part of the Barnsley problem and will be joining in due course. If they weren't coming he would say he was happy with the current coaches. Patience is needed but it's not likely on here 

Oddly enough, I was encouraged by what Stendel said about the two coaches he wants and I think the incumbents days are numbered.

I suspect he wouldn't have come here if he knew he couldn't get them.  Having assistants in the meantime makes perfect sense.

Would have preferred of course if the other two could have arrived with Stendel.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

It shouldn’t be a surprise when we have the previous head coach still here to offer advice if needed, tbh.

An utterly bizarre way for a football club to behave.

You don’t think it would be more bizarre to sack all the coaches and let Stendel do everything himself?

Budge basically said they are due back tomorrow after their course today, and they'll meet Stendel and see if they are what he wants.

Why would he not want to suss out who he wants to keep and throw?

Just now, jambopilms said:

Would imagine they are part of the Barnsley problem and will be joining in due course. If they weren't coming he would say he was happy with the current coaches. Patience is needed but it's not likely on here 

Seems like the most likely scenario to me.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I would think the ongoing dispute with Barnsley would play a part in us getting his Barnsley coaches in, and probably affect what he/Hearts can say on the matter too.

I agree with this to an extent. But there were two very clear statements from Barnsley the last 2 weeks that each of those assistants had been released and were thanked and wished well moving forward.

So their release appears much more clear cut

brunoatemyhamster

Tbh this season is a goner. 

Id rather we used them until they left free of charge, and brought Stendels picks in next season. 

Are most not away in the summer anyway? 

Oddly enough, I was encouraged by what Stendel said about the two coaches he wants and I think the incumbents days are numbered.

I suspect he wouldn't have come here if he knew he couldn't get them.  Having assistants in the meantime makes perfect sense.

Would have preferred of course if the other two could have arrived with Stendel.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree with this to an extent. But there were two very clear statements from Barnsley the last 2 weeks that each of those assistants had been released and were thanked and wished well moving forward.

So their release appears much more clear cut

At this point I would want a signed affidavit if a board member of Barnsley FC bought me a beer.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

think so too, from the Barnsley statement it said 

More recently we have attempted negotiations of a settlement with Heart of Midlothian Football Club for the services of Mr. Stendel, Chris Stern, and Dale Tonge to no avail

so i guess they will prob come in time 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

yes

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s pretty clear what I meant when I said you should challenge your boss when they’re wrong, most bosses take it on board and appreciate a different view even if nothing changes. Maybe they did challenge him, but if they did none of the suggestions or solutions worked did they? Can you name any first team coaches who contributed to their team being joint bottom of the league with the fourth highest budget who got to stay when the manager was sacked?

What makes you think they’re any good and should remain?

I don't know, that's the point. None of us do. It's for Stendel and the SD to decide. 

In terms of the coaches I mentioned, Everton and Arsenal have both been underachieving worse than we have considering the massive money they spend and some of the teams above them. And yet, their fans don't lump the coaches in with the first team manager.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You don’t think it would be more bizarre to sack all the coaches and let Stendel do everything himself?

What I find bizarre is Ann Budges apparent reluctance to get rid of the people that have taken us to the bottom of the league. For reasons unknown to me it appears she cant let go of those in position.

Anyway, wasn’t the boy Stern released from his contract last week? The Barnsley owner’s behaviour is a convenience here for some. If we can appoint DS we can appoint his assistants.

I hope it’s all sorted through time but it seemed clear to me from Ann’s words that Austin will be here for the foreseeable.

I think they’ll both be coming, it sounds like we’re working on it from his answer tbh. I’m almost certain they’ll be involved in the Barnsley dispute and thats the reason we haven’t seen them come in just yet. What that means for the current coaches in the long run is anyones guess but I’d imagine much like the players Daniel will be assessing them over the next few days to see who fits in with his philosophy on how he wants to see Hearts play football, and anyone who doesn’t will be shown the door 

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Budge basically said they are due back tomorrow after their course today, and they'll meet Stendel and see if they are what he wants.

Yeah. It's Stendel's decision and as much as this is contrary to some beliefs on here he's unlikely to choose who stays and goes based on reading threads on JKB.

He needs time to work out what and who he wants. Keeping no-one doesn't make sense so he'll need to assess.

Daly is well and truly one of the Levein yes men. Should have gone the day Levein did.  Not sure what he or Fox bring to the party. We talk about fresh starts but these guys are still hanging about. Need away from the club.

8 minutes ago, kila said:

That’s not what she said.

What I find bizarre is Ann Budges apparent reluctance to get rid of the people that have taken us to the bottom of the league. For reasons unknown to me it appears she cant let go of those in position.

Anyway, wasn’t the boy Stern released from his contract last week? The Barnsley owner’s behaviour is a convenience here for some. If we can appoint DS we can appoint his assistants.

I hope it’s all sorted through time but it seemed clear to me from Ann’s words that Austin will be here for the foreseeable.

Everton have been a shambles under 3 managers and Duncan Ferguson's coaches under them all. People aren't all terrible coaches just because of a downturn in performance and results.

Personally, I think it would be good to have some new blood in but I'd rather Stendel decides on the plan rather than Ann just sacking anyone and everyone.

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

That’s not what she said.

She said they are both keen to meet Daniel and offer support in any way they can. Almost as if their jobs depended on it some might say... :whistling:

Maybe, maybe not. All seems a bit delicate after Barnsley opened legal proceedings. The bits where that clown director talks about Stendel trying to recruit other Barnsley employees in his tapping up, and where he mentions being in negotiations with us over Stendel and his coaches would suggest there is enough of a question mark not to incriminate ourselves and give the wee tosser any ammo.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

She said they are both keen to meet Daniel and offer support in any way they can.

Which isn’t what you originally said.

32 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Given notice so they can find another job would be my guess. 

I have no problem with them staying as long as every single person in the coaching staff is singing off the same hymn sheet. One vision, one voice and one idea. The fact that Stendel was boots on, in the sessions talking through his idea from day dot is a massive step change from what the players are used to. Anyone that’s been to the open sessions on a Friday will know that most of the training sessions where being left to the coaches with Levein just watching. Stendel will be in the sessions daily and that’ll help the players. 

Folk seem desperate for this to fail all ready. 

A little surprised that none of the journalists pursued the question about his assistants. Hopefully it's simply being held up by the potential legal dispute. He clearly wants his own guys in. 

He said his 'biggest wish' is that the two of them would be with him. Reckon itll take a while, could even be end of season, before they join us but he wouldn't say that if it wasnt in the pipeline. 

Also get the impression Austin will stick around, help with transfers etc but only until the SD is appointed.

I think we will be as is until the summer then itll be wholesale changes.

34 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Daniel is just in the door,I'd imagine Stern and Tongue will follow him in the next few weeks,pretty sure some of our current coaches will leave also👍

Think so as well 19 days till we break for winter.. sure if it's a problem not having his assistants itll be resolved for the break

The Mercer Takeover

Having watched the press conference now, he clearly wants his own team in.

Budge was a little evasive on Macphee, but nothing more than you would expect.

I suspect the big decisions will be made at the coming window and a new Budgement day may be looming for players and coaches.

Thought Stendel came across quite well, despite some language issues.

4 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

He said his 'biggest wish' is that the two of them would be with him. Reckon itll take a while, could even be end of season, before they join us but he wouldn't say that if it wasnt in the pipeline. 

Also get the impression Austin will stick around, help with transfers etc but only until the SD is appointed.

I think we will be as is until the summer then itll be wholesale changes.

That’s my train of thought also.

He's reviewing the coaches as well as the players and will make his decisions thereafter IMO. So the coaches have a short time to prove themselves, or they are out the door.

Bridge of Djoum
54 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:rofl:

He's been here less than a day FFS. Give him time to assess what we have and see if he can make use of our coaches. If not, he can advise he'd rather his own men. We probably pushed the budget to get DS, as well as help from our benefactor. There is no point emptying everyone without the chance to show their worth to the new manager. They may excel under him, who knows?

BTW, Liam Fox is well liked by the players. Not an opinion, that is true.

He turned things round at Barnsley.  Maybe he thinks he can do the same with our coaches?  Very charitable of him, I must say, but he’s the boss.

45 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Pretty obvious but that won't stop some .

Anybody know contract situation with our coaches ?

Bridge of Djoum
51 minutes ago, Homme said:

Some don't have any ability for critical thinking. React first, think, (maybe) later.