Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Interesting times.... At least a good chance of a good run in/top six place.......  Makes Saturday home games a buzz again.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

Just now, Newton51 said:

Is stern not more likely to come in?

I think he’ll give Tonge the job. He promoted him from the first team but either of them will be an automatic upgrade

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Heard Daly and fox were at a pro licence coach today but back tomorrow. The club is investing in these guys whether we like it or not so if they are staying then new roles might have to be found 

No real shock that neither are fully qualified.

On 09/12/2019 at 11:05, PapaShango said:

Some senior players have spoken to Budge about wanting McPhee emptied! He is not a popular figure at the club.

Senior players really like MacPhee and Berra, Smith and Naismith have all said this in public. Also heard that he is favourite for Northern Ireland job because of the players wanting him to get it! Not to mention his recruitment and relationship with Lafferty, Goncalves, Smith, Washington and Meshino. I think Stendel and him could get on well. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ah, so now hiring club legends is a good thing? Ferguson was on the bench for Everton's games as part of the coaching set-up, no different from someone like Fox or Daly. McPhee was officially assistant so that's different. We still don't know exactly what that role entailed though.

Who said it wasn’t a good idea, good luck finding any post where I said that. What you then do in your roles makes a big difference. As I said Everton weren’t joint bottom of the league at any point and Ferguson wasn’t asked by the likes of Allardyce/Silva/Koeman who should be subbed or about formations in the dugout. Macphee took training until a Thursday, looked at who should play against certain teams, recruitment and interpreter. If you don’t know that you weren’t there saying attention. He succeeded in one of those roles. Daly and Fox aren’t even fully qualified coaches yet ffs 🙈.

8 minutes ago, TWF said:

I will drink to that. Opening second bottle now!

Geggenpress OK

Glad you’re having such a lovely evening.

😕

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Stavropol said:

Senior players really like MacPhee and Berra, Smith and Naismith have all said this in public. Also heard that he is favourite for Northern Ireland job because of the players wanting him to get it! Not to mention his recruitment and relationship with Lafferty, Goncalves, Smith, Washington and Meshino. I think Stendel and him could get on well. 

His relationship with Meshino, he didn’t have one until we signed him. He also recommended Struna/ Tzolis/ Alvonitis/ Hughes and probably some other duds, his record in recruitment isn’t that great really. He’s a bit like Levein, he’s inveigled his way into the framework at Hearts and will be hard to get rid of.  

I'm more interested in the players.    Any players found wanting when it comes to working with Stendel in best good faith,   of not giving full efforts in training... out.   **** right off with bells on.     

It's all about how the players react.     Everything else is secondary.

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Glad you’re having such a lovely evening.

😕

You're kiddin me on. I'm only on the wine because the wife is watchin the Royal Variety Performance on the t.v. Now that's finished I'm off to bed to dream about chapter 3

Patience People

& Geggenpress OK

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who said it wasn’t a good idea, good luck finding any post where I said that. What you then do in your roles makes a big difference. As I said Everton weren’t joint bottom of the league at any point and Ferguson wasn’t asked by the likes of Allardyce/Silva/Koeman who should be subbed or about formations in the dugout. Macphee took training until a Thursday, looked at who should play against certain teams, recruitment and interpreter. If you don’t know that you weren’t there saying attention. He succeeded in one of those roles. Daly and Fox aren’t even fully qualified coaches yet ffs 🙈.

Let's let Stendel or the new SD decide eh? The animosity you have for members of staff at Hearts whether it's the manager, coaches or medical staff is pretty embarrassing. If they're genuinely bad at their jobs, they'll get the boot. Not a fan of bashing on day after day advocating for people to lose their jobs to be honest.

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Craig Levein and Austin MacPhee are the joint sporting directors. What a ****ing farce.

Amazing what failure gets you at Hearts. 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

His relationship with Meshino, he didn’t have one until we signed him. He also recommended Struna/ Tzolis/ Alvonitis/ Hughes and probably some other duds, his record in recruitment isn’t that great really. He’s a bit like Levein, he’s inveigled his way into the framework at Hearts and will be hard to get rid of.  

Michael Smith and Michael O'Neill speak very highly of McPhee and I think they know him better. "One of the good guys" according to Smith. Give it a rest FFS. We have a new manager. Are you really that desperate for something to moan about?

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Craig Levein and Austin MacPhee are the joint sporting directors. What a ****ing farce.

When is a sacking not a sacking....

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Michael Smith and Michael O'Neill speak very highly of McPhee and I think they know him better. "One of the good guys" according to Smith. Give it a rest FFS. We have a new manager. Are you really that desperate for something to moan about?

Considering McPhee is being touted as the next NI Manager it is hardly surprising that a NI player would back him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Considering McPhee is being touted as the next NI Manager it is hardly surprising that a NI player would back him.

Agreed - although if he is being touted for an international manager’s job he can’t be that shit.

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tszolis is not a dud ffs. 🙄

Hughes was not a dud either, and Struna wasn’t as bad as many made out. 

Some players just don’t work out at some clubs. Tsziolis just didn’t seem to fancy it quite quickly. No way you can describe his as a dud though. Hughes was just at the end of his career.

Where is Avlonitis these days by the way? Genuine question. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest to find out he was playing at a decent level after failing at Hearts.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agreed - although if he is being touted for an international manager’s job he can’t be that shit.

I’ve never said he was “shit” but I think it’s best for him and the Club that he leaves Hearts.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Some don't have any ability for critical thinking. React first, think, (maybe) later.

The ignorance on this thread has reached new levels of craziness.

I haven't read all through the thread but I hope it's just a case of their Barnsley situation not being crystal clear yet. 

I can't see Stendel agreeing without at least one of his own men down the line.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

If he wants them we better be going and getting them. Sick of the sight of MacPhee and that Daly character. Just get them away from the first team I don’t really care what job they get if they have to see out their contracts, groundsman if needs be. 

We want him performing at his best and settling into life at Hearts no handicapping him with these jokers!

Most of the jokers are on this thread.

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

She got her man and the man we wanted. Bringing him in and then firing everyone before he's barely met them is nothing short of stupid.

It's way beyond stupid.

Bazzas right boot

If Danny boy is happy, I'm happy. 

Practicality would dictate we keep some familiarity for transition and Dan can the evaluate and make changes if and when he feels it's required. 

I'd expect more to go in the summer. 

29 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Some players just don’t work out at some clubs. Tsziolis just didn’t seem to fancy it quite quickly. No way you can describe his as a dud though. Hughes was just at the end of his career.

Where is Avlonitis these days by the way? Genuine question. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest to find out he was playing at a decent level after failing at Hearts.

Agree with you on Tsziolis. Guy has had 75 caps for Greece and played with some very good teams. He signed for us as a stop gap and never put much effort in.

Avlonitis is playing for Sturm Graz.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Fair enough. 

Everybody has their own thoughts on these things. 

Just have to agree to disagree. 

Going to re-post this again from Ewan Murray, who was kept in the loop during this process.

"You address it by changing the manager mate, as they are doing. Liam Fox for example really highly regarded by players. You don’t just clear everyone out (and they won’t, it’s financially bonkers for a start)"

15 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Agree with you on Tsziolis. Guy has had 75 caps for Greece and played with some very good teams. He signed for us as a stop gap and never put much effort in.

Avlonitis is playing for Sturm Graz.

Can’t be that much of a dud then, you would have to say. 👍

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

They were duds at Tynecastle, we are talking about his successes and failures at recruiting players for us. None of them were suited to our game at that period in their career. Were you at Easter Road when the four players mentioned were part of one of the worst derby performances in recent memory. Struna went on to play beside David Villa and Pirlo, Alvonitis went to Panathinaikos and Sturm Graz, Tzolis still plays for Greece, Hughes got caps for NI. None of them contributed as players at Tynecastle, under the expert tutelage of a certain Austin Macphee esq no less.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were duds at Tynecastle, we are talking about his successes and failures at recruiting players for us. None of them were suited to our game at that period in their career. Were you at Easter Road when the four players mentioned were part of one of the worst derby performances in recent memory. Struna went on to play beside David Villa and Pirlo, Alvonitis went to Panathinaikos and Sturm Graz, Tzolis still plays for Greece, Hughes got caps for NI. None of them contributed as players at Tynecastle, under the expert tutelage of a certain Austin Macphee esq no less.

In all honesty, I agree with most of what you are saying there. However, I’d be far more concerned that we have had players of that calibre, like those you mention, and that we have not managed to get the best out of them. The quality of the players is not the issue. With a new man at the helm, maybe we can start getting the best out of players like them?

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How can you blame McPhee for recommending and being able to bring players with that experience to Hearts? 

If they don't perform to the levels they are capable then that is the players fault not the person that recommended them. 

Edited by 8skacel8

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

In all honesty, I agree with most of what you are saying there. However, I’d be far more concerned that we have had players of that calibre, like those you mention, and that we have not managed to get the best out of them. The quality of the players is not the issue. With a new man at the helm, maybe we can start getting the best out of players like them?

Indeed, Macphee was a huge part of the failure to get the best out of most of our players. He’s been relieved of coaching duties it would seem and told to stick to video analysis. Recruitment is still part of his job but as you say hopefully when Stendel get his own men in they can coached properly. Levein still part of the plans though too.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ann-budge-reveals-hearts-sporting-director-duties-will-be-shared-craig-levein-and-austin-macphee-1337875

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

How can you blame McPhee for recommending and being able to bring players like with that experience to Hearts? 

If they don't perform to the levels they are capable then that is the players fault not the person that recommended we signed them. 

Because as I said he was their coach and I think they proved they weren’t suited to our game at that point in their careers, with the squad we had.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, Macphee was a huge part of the failure to get the best out of most of our players. He’s been relieved of coaching duties it would seem and told to stick to video analysis. Recruitment is still part of his job but as you say hopefully when Stendel get his own men in they can coached properly. Levein still part of the plans though too.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ann-budge-reveals-hearts-sporting-director-duties-will-be-shared-craig-levein-and-austin-macphee-1337875

Yeah, it’s being discussed a lot less civilly on another thread. Glad to see you are aren’t losing your shit over it either.

That pretty much my point you have made there. I agree completely. Austin and Levein both have useful skills and qualities, and it’s only really been their inability to get the first team performing that has blotted their copy books. Hopefully we now have the right man to manage players of that kind of pedigree? Who knows. Hope so.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, it’s being discussed a lot less civilly on another thread. Glad to see you are aren’t losing your shit over it either.

That pretty much my point you have made there. I agree completely. Austin and Levein both have useful skills and qualities, and it’s only really been their inability to get the first team performing that has blotted their copy books. Hopefully we now have the right man to manage players of that kind of pedigree? Who knows. Hope so.

Yeah I saw that thread, I still don’t think she gets how much of a red rag to a bull the mere mention of Levein is. It sounds like one or both might go if a new SD is recruited. We need to get Stendels coaches on board and let him chose players, it sounds like she thinks we have a bloated squad and managerial set up. 
He will need all the help he can get to reinvigorate the team and the fans, I think he’s more than capable of that.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I'm more interested in the players.    Any players found wanting when it comes to working with Stendel in best good faith,   of not giving full efforts in training... out.   **** right off with bells on.     

It's all about how the players react.     Everything else is secondary.

That's where i'm at

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because as I said he was their coach and I think they proved they weren’t suited to our game at that point in their careers, with the squad we had.

Cathro was their head coach - he decided the tactics and training.

MacPhee did what he was told in accordance with the head coaches instructions.

I also wasn’t aware that MacPhee dictated that entire Jan transfer window does anyone have a link backing this up?

It's rather ironic that the one area which CL was extremely talented in was the reconstruction of the Academy, and creating a blueprint for the future. He appointed Andy Kirk and John Rankin to utilise their undoubted skills in coaching younger players. Just look at the successes of both Reserve and Colt teams and the under age groups below them. What's more there is now the exciting prospects of seeing many of the growing talent at the Academy pushing hard for consideration into first team plans. You all know about these young players. In my opinion it is only right and proper that CL be allowed to fulfil his obligation to finalise the entire project and that is exactly what he is delegated to carry out within his remit. AM is undoubtedly delegated to act as "temporary" assistant and "middle man" to DS without any say in the coaching of the first team. His knowledge of the current squad and the younger players will be extremely valuable to DS going forward.

Patience People

Twf,please enlighten me to the young stalwarts that Mr Levin has brought through from our much vaunted academy  .is that good enough english for you .can you grasp that?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Cathro was their head coach - he decided the tactics and training.

MacPhee did what he was told in accordance with the head coaches instructions.

I also wasn’t aware that MacPhee dictated that entire Jan transfer window does anyone have a link backing this up?

It wasn’t the entire window was it, we signed 9 players and I doubt if Cathro picked many. Macphee clearly picked Hughes, he also chose Tzolis/Alvonitis and Struna as he had come across them with NI. As for this doing what he’s told stuff, is he not the stats man who analyses opponents weaknesses and comes up with set piece plays? Is that just doing what he’s told? If any clubs Assistant Head Coach or Assistant Manager just does what he’s told he’s not doing his job properly.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes we do and his ability to do the job will be hindered by these coaches and their old boss hanging around like a bad smell.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Let's let Stendel or the new SD decide eh? The animosity you have for members of staff at Hearts whether it's the manager, coaches or medical staff is pretty embarrassing. If they're genuinely bad at their jobs, they'll get the boot. Not a fan of bashing on day after day advocating for people to lose their jobs to be honest.

We are joint bottom of the league and they’ve wasted millions of our money, a bit like the current PM who I would like to lose his job too. They’re all out soon anyway no matter what either of us say on here.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes we do and his ability to do the job will be hindered by these coaches and their old boss hanging around like a bad smell.

Such a blinkered view. People can change you know. Performance can be night and day just with a new boss, correct? It’s been seen many times. Let’s hope so otherwise we have a squad of 28 no- hopers based on last three months or so and it will take Stendel three or four windows to get rid of them all. 
One fact not yet much publicised is that Stendel was not convinced about moving here until that Saturday afternoon when Levein toured him round Tynie, Oriam and Edinburgh and sold the club, and it’s potential, to him. The first team were in Kilmarnock that afternoon. Doesn’t sound like someone with an axe to grind or even a bad smell to me. Sounds like a Hearts man doing his best for the club. 
And anyone who really thinks that Levein and his coaching staff will all still be here, in the same roles, come end January is just being silly or vindictive. Levein and McPhee already moved away from direct first team involvement, other changes coming in next 6-8 weeks.  Check back on Feb 1 to see if I’m right. 

16 hours ago, ramrod said:

The salient point here is that Stendel himself said he hoped he could get his assustant in . That's crucial in the debate whatever people's personal take on the coaching situation is . 

There’s no doubt Stern is coming it’s just a matter of when. We don’t know the reason why he isn’t already here so speculation is pointless. He wouldn’t have mentioned it yesterday if he had been told he couldn’t bring him in. 

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Such a blinkered view. People can change you know. Performance can be night and day just with a new boss, correct? It’s been seen many times. Let’s hope so otherwise we have a squad of 28 no- hopers based on last three months or so and it will take Stendel three or four windows to get rid of them all. 
One fact not yet much publicised is that Stendel was not convinced about moving here until that Saturday afternoon when Levein toured him round Tynie, Oriam and Edinburgh and sold the club, and it’s potential, to him. The first team were in Kilmarnock that afternoon. Doesn’t sound like someone with an axe to grind or even a bad smell to me. Sounds like a Hearts man doing his best for the club. 
And anyone who really thinks that Levein and his coaching staff will all still be here, in the same roles, come end January is just being silly or vindictive. Levein and McPhee already moved away from direct first team involvement, other changes coming in next 6-8 weeks.  Check back on Feb 1 to see if I’m right. 

New managers can make an immediate and big difference but please name me another club where the recently “sacked” manager is still in a position of power. CL has presided over some of the worst form and performances many of us have seen for decades but he is considered to be too valuable to move on from the club.

this is not a common approach. If hibs did it, we’d all be having a good old laugh at them, wouldn’t we??

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s no doubt Stern is coming it’s just a matter of when. We don’t know the reason why he isn’t already here so speculation is pointless. He wouldn’t have mentioned it yesterday if he had been told he couldn’t bring him in. 

No being picky but did he mention stern?

* loads of stuff to keep track on just now might've missed it*