Jack Ross

Last Laff

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

I think he might do quite well at Hibs, if (as I think he will) he brings James Fowler with him. I thought QOS (under JF) were the best footballing side we faced in the Championship at Tynecastle and Palmerston.

fowler just been appointed head of football operations at Kilmarnock 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Paul Shark

Remember after 2 good results with FeckingArse they were thinking they were world beaters.

There's something about Ross that I just don't like he looks like his puss is always tripping him. 

17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Fowler just been appointed head of football operations at Kilmarnock 

Its John Potter from Sunderland that is joining with Ross at Hibs. 

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes Alan Combe has left Hibs I’ve heard as well 

Hibs' short list reminds me of the Blackadder II "Head" scene when he is nominated for the position of Lord High Executioner...

Gordon:  The bad news is that actually there are simply hundreds of players who desperately want to play for Hibernian and there’s no-one to coach them.
Ross:  Hm, well I pity the poor sod who gets the job. No-one ever survives it more than a week.
Dempster:  Mhm. I have taken the liberty sir, of drawing up a list of suitable candidates.
Gordon:  Oh goodo, let’s hear it.
Dempster:  Opens small piece of paper. List for the post of Head Coach – Jack Ross.  Closes piece of paper.
Ross: Ah He.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Is that the reserve goalie with Raith that stepped in for the 1994?? League Cup Final when they beat Sellick???

18 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Hibs' short list reminds me of the Blackadder II "Head" scene when he is nominated for the position of Lord High Executioner...

Gordon:  The bad news is that actually there are simply hundreds of players who desperately want to play for Hibernian and there’s no-one to coach them.
Ross:  Hm, well I pity the poor sod who gets the job. No-one ever survives it more than a week.
Dempster:  Mhm. I have taken the liberty sir, of drawing up a list of suitable candidates.
Gordon:  Oh goodo, let’s hear it.
Dempster:  Opens small piece of paper. List for the post of Head Coach – Jack Ross.  Closes piece of paper.
Ross: Ah He.

Except it was 

List for the post of Head Coach - John Kennedy

Poor second choice Jack Ross

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Is that the reserve goalie with Raith that stepped in for the 1994?? League Cup Final when they beat Sellick???

No that was Scott Thomson, who spells and pronounces his name differently.

Absolute Scenes

They don’t half rush into things at Hibs 😂😂 was he really the best candidate that applied? If so that shows what managers think of Hibs

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

They don’t half rush into things at Hibs 😂😂 was he really the best candidate that applied? If so that shows what managers think of Hibs

Jack Ross and his Hibee Dross.:rudi:

8 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

No that was Scott Thomson, who spells and pronounces his name differently.

Potter played in the SF then yeah?? They won on penalties. You'll have to Google it ...I'm old school so I try to rely on memory!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cant wait for Netflix on Boxing Day now. Grayson and Coleman both came out badly, lets see how Jack is seen

The Old Tolbooth
40 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Signs a 3 1/2 year contract. 

Here's a Sunderland fans viewpoint on Dross :) 

Jesus Christ man, just because of the predicament we are in now, does not mean this bloke didn’t monumentally fail here last year.

Let’s forget the fact we had by far and away the best squad and infrastructure that league one has ever seen. Then concentrate on the Pompey Wembley defeat when we were absolutely crushing to victory and destroying them and he switches to 5 5 0, and got outthought by Kenny Jacket and didn’t have an answer.

Or should we concentrate on the fact he was given sorry gifted a 1-0 lead in the biggest game of our season, and sits ******* back and loses. Or actually shall we look at the season as a whole where his one and only plan was to sit back after taking a 1-0 lead and looking in control, being completely obsessed with not losing so we ended up throwing 2 points a game away. Being in an unbelievable position in the table and throwing it away because of the pressure and again not having a plan b.

Now let’s combine it all, huge budget, loads spent, best squad by a mile, players that shouldn’t even be playing at this level, best infrastructure and a club far too big for the league, 5th, completely and utterly terrible and the minute the whistle blew at Wembley after Charlton he should have been gone. For some of us before then.

Yes Parky doesn’t seem like the right appointment, and yes we’ve been dealt a bad hand and this year he’s not really to blame. However just because he’s left let’s not forget how utterly pathetic his management was in failing last year.

Absolute Scenes
26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Could be a good appointment for them. 

Or could be a disaster. There's a good chance it will be one of them, but I definitely don't fear that appointment. If he was the best candidate that applied, then not many wanted the job. IMO they have rushed the appointment whereas we are taking our time

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Or could be a disaster. There's a good chance it will be one of them, but I definitely don't fear that appointment. If he was the best candidate that applied, then not many wanted the job. IMO they have rushed the appointment whereas we are taking our time

Yes, I agree. We seem to be doing full due diligence which will hopefully pay off long term. Bit more encouraging to learn that the first shortlist comprised those out of work and we'll be making approaches to speak to the rest . I would imagine the new manager will come from the second group.

Just a little bit of background. The new Hibs failure has managed 6 games against Premiership teams in his career. He has lost 5 conceded 18 goals and scored 4.

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Just a little bit of background. The new Hibs failure has managed 6 games against Premiership teams in his career. He has lost 5 conceded 18 goals and scored 4.

What teams though?

Edited by allyby

Good appointment for them. Would have been very happy with him at Hearts, but not destined to be. As with the Apprentice, the search goes on....

portobellojambo1
14 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Sounds awfy familiar😃

It did sound familiar although he was actually at HMFC when we were mostly in the Championship for that one season, so maybe it reflects his own thoughts on football rather than anything he was being taught at Tynecastle. If he was intending to come back to Edinburgh to manage I think it was always going to be Hibs given his departure from HMFC, a departure which wasn't football related. I don't know, in fact I don't care, how well he will do at Hibs they are a club like all the others in the SPL who I only think about for a few days before we are due to play them.

I'm already looking forward to his tenure.  I would have been utterly depressed if he had been appointed to us and I expect that is a strong majority opinion.

I also suspect the majority of the supporters of our great friends will be seriously underwhelmed.

Great start to the weekend.

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

As a matter of minor interest, would MacPhee have been his boss at Tynecastle?

No, not unless MacPhee was the manager and appointed him (Ross) as a coach or assistant. 

5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If as I suspect someone like Neil McCann gets the Hearts job I would have bitten your hand off for Jack Ross.

I don’t think she is that daft surely 🤔

Amazed that felix and stendel haven’t been interviewed though what a CV felix has 

When analys it should/could be decent appointment.

But when look at his CV its comparable to robbie neilson's axcept Jack Ross has not managed in the premier league like neilson.

ie promotion to scots premier league and a season in league one of England.

Guy could be successful manager but there is alot of unsubstantiated hype

53 minutes ago, Cade said:

His "successes" have come in the Scottish Championship and English League One.

Not exactly a high standard.

He was not successful in English league one. 

This is a big chance for him though, interesting to see if he can live up to the hype at least in Scotland. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla