Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

Just now, Kev1998 said:

No Andy not at all.

Fair enough mate. For what it's worth I, and pretty much every other supporter, would love them to be a success but unfortunately they've shown way too many times that all they're interested in is the mini hun, sectarian crap and acting like mini casuals. 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

I always wonder about the hypocrisy on these threads. Obviously anonymity makes it hard to tell but sometimes seems like a case of middle aged men slagging off young guys for singing songs they sang themselves 20 years ago. 

Not accusing anyone of anything, just a thought.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I always wonder about the hypocrisy on these threads. Obviously anonymity makes it hard to tell but sometimes seems like a case of middle aged men slagging off young guys for singing songs they sang themselves 20 years ago. 

FWIW I wasn't singing songs about Ann Budge killing the club 20 years ago. 

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

FWIW I wasn't singing songs about Ann Budge killing the club 20 years ago. 

Lol . You know what I am getting at.

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why is the moustache so long?

There was always a myth that the hair kept growing after death. In fact it’s just that everything else recedes and makes it look that way. Hitler’s been deid for a wee while now. His skin looks remarkably good though.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

There was always a myth that the hair kept growing after death. In fact it’s just that everything else recedes and makes it look that way. Hitler’s been deid for a wee while now. His skin looks remarkably good though.

😀

The way I see it  and his the young guys try their best to generate atmosphere in the stadium. Some of them maybe take it a bit far in their opinions of the structure of the club,but life is life bud.it irks me big time that some posters jump on everything they come up with.

14 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I see, thanks.  I'm not on Facebook so you're more knowledgeable than me about their activities there, put it that way.

It’s Twitter. I don’t think I follow them. So I don’t see their tweets except when someone posts them on here. They have a lot of followers and they follow a lot of other Twitter accounts. Their ‘statement’ will have reached a lot of people already, and so will those tweets about Hitler etc. I’m sure a lot of posters on here were probably already aware of both before Frank shared them on here.

SuperstarSteve

Nothing wrong with generating atmosphere. Infact it’s well needed at tynecastle these days but just keep it clean lads or risk being banned it’s simple. 

I love that budge (unlike anyone running the bigot brothers) attempts to rid our game of all that mini hun shite. All it does is give us a bad name. 3 clubs are well known for sectarian singing in Scotland and we are one of the 3, it’s embarrassing for the club and supporters. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thankfully the world has moved on, apart from the bigots in Glasgow and the mini huns in our support

14 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Nothing wrong with generating atmosphere. Infact it’s well needed at tynecastle these days but just keep it clean lads or risk being banned it’s simple. 

I love that budge (unlike anyone running the bigot brothers) attempts to rid our game of all that mini hun shite. All it does is give us a bad name. 3 clubs are well known for sectarian singing in Scotland and we are one of the 3, it’s embarrassing for the club and supporters. 

Hibs have form for it too. They do a good job of covering it up though, normally. Still happens though. Was a thread about it on their forum recently. 

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Thankfully the world has moved on, apart from the bigots in Glasgow and the mini huns in our support

It has and if people are comfortable slagging off youths for doing things they themselves did in their youth then that's up to them.

Just now, GinRummy said:

It has and if people are comfortable slagging off youths for doing things they themselves did in their youth then that's up to them.

You just don't get it do you? So we should all be behind them chucking bananas at black players because it used to happen?? Times change and people evolve, leaving the cavemen behind.

Won't this be the third attempt?

At the Livi game, I thought they were excellent (assuming it's the same bunch of youngsters).  They sung from start to finish.  There was one attempt at 'I Was Born Under a Union Jack' which quickly got shut down.  So, suggests there is still an element there that would be more at home at Ibrox.  Get rid of that and no reason why it can't be a success.

5 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Am I missing something here?

Why do the lads involved need an "official" singing section? Can't they simply buy tickets for their chosen part of the ground and just get on with it?

It seems to me that the initial scrutiny almost dooms these things to failure before they even start. This would be avoided if it wasn't "official", and the club could still deal with any misbehaviour in the same way they do with any other fan.

Said that last time. Plenty of seats so they can sit together and go about their own thing without putting themselves forward as an official entity that can ultimately be banned en masse.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Said that last time. Plenty of seats so they can sit together and go about their own thing without putting themselves forward as an official entity that can ultimately be banned en masse.

The club would just throw the baby out with the bath water like the last time in Lower G. People, who weren’t involved in any alleged chicanery were forced to move seats. Maybe this way, with a dedicated section, any infractions won’t harm any other punters....although, reading their statement, that could happen again.

18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You just don't get it do you? So we should all be behind them chucking bananas at black players because it used to happen?? Times change and people evolve, leaving the cavemen behind.

I don't get it???? 

Says the guy who is basically accusing me of condoning racism when I have done no such thing. 

I never said we should accept any sectarian or racist behaviour. 

What I did say was I wondered about the hypocrisy of some posters. It was NEVER acceptable for the entire shed to be singing about fenian ********. Not in the 80's or now. 

37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I totally understand what you mean. Sometimes you don’t make great choices when you’re young. 

11 hours ago, el_jambo74 said:

Why G lower may I ask? Surely a better chance of not causing issues with away fans if we moved it towards Gorgie end. Upper tier would be better too. 

That's the reason they want the lowers. Harder to reach the pitch with their pyros from the upper sections, and near impossible to launch stuff at the opposition support.

15 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

If the club has seen the stuff below then they will have. That’s if they even met with the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

True unfortunately 😕

1FE411BF-FB97-467B-8BD2-701836E1696C.jpeg

58D57F9E-1D94-40E4-8773-674FBE9741F4.jpeg

8FFD3FF7-7181-4B25-A1AF-EDEB133AC28A.jpeg

9285FABC-AB36-43FF-865B-CAE43922C570.jpeg

DA370405-3E35-4361-9F51-98CA812DBB1E.jpeg

79784AB2-5A55-4621-8C17-A0F9B5470382.jpeg

Then you’ll have nothing to worry about, will you?

Honestly, your behaviour on these threads is really rather concerning. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s Twitter. I don’t think I follow them. So I don’t see their tweets except when someone posts them on here. They have a lot of followers and they follow a lot of other Twitter accounts. Their ‘statement’ will have reached a lot of people already, and so will those tweets about Hitler etc. I’m sure a lot of posters on here were probably already aware of both before Frank shared them on here.

The fallacy of this argument is that I could set up a Twitter account, claim I’m part of this section and tweet whatever I wanted. 

That wouldn’t mean I represent the views of the group at large. 

But people are generally too short sighted to see that. 

49 minutes ago, Haken said:

Won't this be the third attempt?

At the Livi game, I thought they were excellent (assuming it's the same bunch of youngsters).  They sung from start to finish.  There was one attempt at 'I Was Born Under a Union Jack' which quickly got shut down.  So, suggests there is still an element there that would be more at home at Ibrox.  Get rid of that and no reason why it can't be a success.

Not sure "do you know where hell is? Hell is easter road, heaven is tynecastle where the hibees shite their load" would be welcomed at ibrox to be fair.

1 hour ago, sassenach said:

Am I missing something here?

Why do the lads involved need an "official" singing section? Can't they simply buy tickets for their chosen part of the ground and just get on with it?

It seems to me that the initial scrutiny almost dooms these things to failure before they even start. This would be avoided if it wasn't "official", and the club could still deal with any misbehaviour in the same way they do with any other fan.

I think the reason for it being an “official” signing section is out of respect for other fans. If everyone knows Lower G or Lower F etc are where these guys congregate it means fans/families who don’t want to be in the middle of it know not to buy tickets in that Section. 

15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The fallacy of this argument is that I could set up a Twitter account, claim I’m part of this section and tweet whatever I wanted. 

That wouldn’t mean I represent the views of the group at large. 

But people are generally too short sighted to see that. 

Im not arguing anything really. I’m just stating a fact about the tweets. I don’t disagree with you about how easy it would be for someone to do what you suggest. 

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don't get it???? 

Says the guy who is basically accusing me of condoning racism when I have done no such thing. 

I never said we should accept any sectarian or racist behaviour. 

What I did say was I wondered about the hypocrisy of some posters. It was NEVER acceptable for the entire shed to be singing about fenian ********. Not in the 80's or now. 

I don't see it as hypocrisy, and its a flimsy argument I see all the time  on here. It would be hypocritical if those who sung it in the 80's were still doing so and criticising others. Times have changed, awareness and education around racism and sectarianism is mainstream. Back in the 80's you went to the football sung songs and didn't give a shit what they meant and in the majority of cases it meant little other than it wound up the opposition and they did the same back. I doubt many of the 1000's who sung it bothered about it outside the games, that was the way things were. It faded out as people became more conscious about the wider implications on society and the actual effect it had on others - that why its largely died a death. Its was nothing to do with being young or even any deep believes in it, it was rife on Saturday night TV never mind football grounds.

Its unacceptable now and in many cases illegal because society is more educated and the UK is multicultural and far more accepting of others than it was 40 years ago, and that is true of many other places across the globe.

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don't see it as hypocrisy, and its a flimsy argument I see all the time  on here. It would be hypocritical if those who sung it in the 80's were still doing so and criticising others. Times have changed, awareness and education around racism and sectarianism is mainstream. Back in the 80's you went to the football sung songs and didn't give a shit what they meant and in the majority of cases it meant little other than it wound up the opposition and they did the same back. I doubt many of the 1000's who sung it bothered about it outside the games, that was the way things were. It faded out as people became more conscious about the wider implications on society and the actual effect it had on others - that why its largely died a death. Its was nothing to do with being young or even any deep believes in it, it was rife on Saturday night TV never mind football grounds.

Its unacceptable now and in many cases illegal because society is more educated and the UK is multicultural and far more accepting of others than it was 40 years ago, and that is true of many other places across the globe.

Tbh I wasn't trying to make an argument. 

I agree with most of what you said but still believe it has a lot to do with being a bit daft and immature and the fact these guys tend to be young  backs that up.

I can't go back 40 years but the songs and language were commonplace even 20 years ago. People then knew it was wrong and still done it but I agree, it is more unacceptable now than it has ever been and it needs to stop.

I still think there is an element of hypocrisy when a 40 or 50 year old guy is criticising 18 and 19 year olds for things they said and done at 18 and 19 and not all of it can be explained away by the 'different back in the day' argument.

2 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

The way I see it  and his the young guys try their best to generate atmosphere in the stadium. Some of them maybe take it a bit far in their opinions of the structure of the club,but life is life bud.it irks me big time that some posters jump on everything they come up with.

The place needs atmosphere, let's just hope it happens and lots join in ,a bit of noise helps everyone inc players" 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👏🙌

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I still think there is an element of hypocrisy when a 40 or 50 year old guy is criticising 18 and 19 year olds for things they said and done at 18 and 19 and not all of it can be explained away by the 'different back in the day' argument.

I disagree.

There's no hypocrisy here.

In the main the 40 and 50 year olds criticising the 18 and 19 year olds were sad ***** when they were young too, and haven't considered doing anything slightly naughty in their shallow, humourless lives.

A level of moral consistency us regular scumbags could never have hoped to achieve.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I disagree.

In the main the 40 and 50 year olds criticising the 18 and 19 year olds were sad ***** when they were young too, and haven't considered doing anything sligtly naughty in their shallow, humourless lives.

A level of moral consistency us regular scumbags could never have hoped to achieve.

🤣

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I disagree.

In the main the 40 and 50 year olds criticising the 18 and 19 year olds were sad ***** when they were young too, and haven't considered doing anything slightly naughty in their shallow, humourless lives.

:lol: 

Stephane Grappelli
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Again, sorry, really sorry, but that was also addressed to Frank.  Apologies again for any confusion but I'd prefer if Frank answers questions that are to him.  If I ask you a question then feel free to answer it.

They haven't got a chance.  They wont change any of their " songs".  Been done before and still the same shit they sing , Well rid of at Tynie. 

3 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Sorry but I'd grass on them for being wee arseholes as well. If they drag the name of the club through the mud then they can get tae. Simple as that. 

If they can cut out all of the shite. ALL of the wee hard men shite. ALL of the sectarian shite then there's a great start. 

well said

millerjames398
42 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I disagree.

😂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🇱🇻

20 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Get rid of the drum for starters lads.👍

Oh and if you looking in Ann please ban drums from the away support as well. 

I'm obviously not on my own, I find these drums incredibly irritating ?

43 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Again, sorry, really sorry, but that was also addressed to Frank.  Apologies again for any confusion but I'd prefer if Frank answers questions that are to him.  If I ask you a question then feel free to answer it.

Ah, okay. Isn’t really any need for all that old chap, but fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I disagree.

Nailed it, Gov.

Serge Pizzorno
5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

A "statement" :gok:  

It's all ways the same: cut the crap out and the whole of Tynie will support them. Behave like mini huns and ******s they are quite rightly going to get slaughtered.   

As for that photo above of Hitler/"Jeffers" :vrface: The wee flag emoji. Sign of an absolute simpleton. 

Don’t condemn the tweet at all, but “the wee flag emoji” being the sign of a simpleton? The union and Australian flag (I’m assuming he’s from Britain but currently in Oz based on his feed) means he’s a simpleton?..

The rat catcher
15 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Frank you're like a dug with  a bone,what  a complete nippy you really are.on another thread you denied stalking the young team, now this.sad sad man

Yep. 

The rat catcher
14 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

You’re spot on. Before this thread I hadn’t posted about them for at least six months 👍🏻

Garbage. Standard reply with a lie....

14 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Don’t condemn the tweet at all, but “the wee flag emoji” being the sign of a simpleton? The union and Australian flag (I’m assuming he’s from Britain but currently in Oz based on his feed) means he’s a simpleton?..

Is a bit weird having someone in a Hitler mask and the flags of two countries who fought against him in WWII tbf.

14 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I tried ‘ Oh What a Beautiful Morning’ from Oklahoma and also Cole Porter’s ‘Anything Goes’ but nobody joined in. I did hear plenty of non-song noise however.

shang a lang by the bay city rollers needs sung more.

22 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

Good luck to them. There was a segment on the Terrace show on Friday night about a group of young lads at Dumbarton who started a singing section, and while it might seem annoying now, they will grow into adults who will bring more atmosphere to games as the years go by. Tynecastle's atmosphere can be quite stale so I have no issue with this if they toe the line 

Saw that quite impressive...  If its backed by other supporters it would be good....

The rat catcher
5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

A "statement" :gok:  

It's all ways the same: cut the crap out and the whole of Tynie will support them. Behave like mini huns and ******s they are quite rightly going to get slaughtered.   

As for that photo above of Hitler/"Jeffers" :vrface: The wee flag emoji. Sign of an absolute simpleton. 

"Simpleton" You should look up the word "Irony"

A Brit in Australia with both countries flags on his post.

3 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

:biglaugh:

Good luck. Don't be sectarian arseholes. Good luck to them, If it's the same lot of kids hopefully they've learned from their mistakes/matured.

Interesting to note that Budge - who so obviously hates any kind of atmosphere - is giving a singing section a 3rd go of it. Especially with the past 2 iterations proving disastrous. 

• davemclaren locked this topic