• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't think she'd have said it without being quietly confident 

See Northern Ireland's next two games? (Holland and Germany) makes the 4-6 timescale comment interesting..

They are pretty certain to make the play-offs though so that’s March. 

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We'll know if N.Ireland are in play offs this month. 

Might have qualified automatically. 

Don't see O'Neill being an option. He'll stay for the World Cup. 

Don’t think so. His current squad just making it to Euro 2020 age-wise. Needs a completely new squad for 2022. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

About as accurate as the OP is over Sean Clare's wages

I hadn't actually noticed who started the thread until I'd read through to this point! Now I know the 'rumour' was completely made up, I'll stop here!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Sporting Director to be appointed first to give him (or her) an input into the manager decision

That's the order of events

hopefully some fast decisions then or this season may be dead in the water 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Michael O’Neill isn’t going to quit a £500k a year part time job to take on the pressures of a full time job at Hearts for £200k a year ffs. N.Ireland will offer him an extension and he’ll sign it. 

Yip. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll wager this ends in disappointment and disharmony rather than excitement

😭😭😭

Probably true. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll wager this ends in disappointment and disharmony rather than excitement

Are you suggesting we won't pay extra for a happy ending Sir Gio? 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sporting Director to be appointed first to give him (or her) an input into the manager decision

That's the order of events

If so it sounds like the manager will effectively report  to the Sporting Director. How is this different from the Director of Football model? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jodami said:

Are you suggesting we won't pay extra for a happy ending Sir Gio? 

I think we would pay for it, but we may not have the resources going forward for a preferred candidate to see us as a good project

Just now, john5698 said:

I think we need to go out and pay big money, whether it is Michael O'Neill or not. We are in a strong financial position at the moment. If we can finish third on a regular basis as opposed to where we have been for the last few years and achieve some good cup runs then the prizemoney alone will cover the additional costs of a high profile manager.

Agree we do but I wouldn’t be spending it on the Michael O’Neill’s and David Moyes of this world. 

Being well organised, hard to beat, stopping the opposition and grinding out results with N.Ireland and Everton respectfully, isn’t what I’d want to see at Hearts. We’ve suffered enough of that shite over the last 4 years under Robbie and Levein. 

I’d be spending that cash on a Daniel Stendel type who’s philosophy is positive and about playing high tempo, attacking football. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I think we would pay for it, but we may not have the resources going forward for a preferred candidate to see us as a good project

That's where I am, high profile candidates will have certain expectations which may well be beyond our budget. 

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Michael O’Neill isn’t going to quit a £500k a year part time job to take on the pressures of a full time job at Hearts for £200k a year ffs. N.Ireland will offer him an extension and he’ll sign it. 

It’s far from part-time. Constantly on the road watching players. He has earned a lot of money in his 7 years at NI on top of what he earned

as a player. Suspect he is financially set for life and it’s more a case of a career move. We could easily pay him £300-350k pa and he would hardly notice the difference. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s far from part-time. Constantly on the road watching players. He has earned a lot of money in his 7 years at NI on top of what he earned

as a player. Suspect he is financially set for life and it’s more a case of a career move. We could easily pay him £300-350k pa and he would hardly notice the difference. 

He's on 1.2 mil a year at NI, I'd be amazed if he gave that up for Hearts!

Leveins Battalion

This is the end of a very long and dark road for this era at Hearts,how Craig Levein was allowed so much time was crazy.

To think back to some of the players we have had the displeasure of watching these last few years.Heading to Easter Road to support us with a team consisting of Sowah,Malaury Martin and co.

Whilst being cautious i am optimistic that we can move forward now.

Just now, Armageddon said:

I'd hate to be Michael O'Neill, his salary jumps from £600k down to £500k up to £1.2M in the space of 30 minutes!!

I could live with that. No getting oot ma bed for £400K, though. 😀

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They have more than enough.

But spending like that is unsustainable, we don't all live in the english Premier league and you don't manage your country for the money you manage your country because it's your country 

Just now, Armageddon said:

If I could pick anybody I would genuinely go for Mikel Arteta, the connections and philosophy could last a lifetime. 

He’s on 4 million a year.

Might prove to be something of a stumbling block.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If so it sounds like the manager will effectively report  to the Sporting Director. How is this different from the Director of Football model? 

That's not how it will work as Ann has very clearly explained on at least two occasions now.

3 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

But spending like that is unsustainable, we don't all live in the english Premier league and you don't manage your country for the money you manage your country because it's your country 

Don't think N.Ireland are in any debt. 

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

If I could pick anybody I would genuinely go for Mikel Arteta, the connections and philosophy could last a lifetime. 

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

He’s on 4 million a year.

Might prove to be something of a stumbling block.

The key part being my opening 5 words.

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'd hate to be Michael O'Neill, his salary jumps from £600k down to £500k up to £1.2M in the space of 30 minutes!!

Scotland offered him £800K he turned it down for a better offer to stay at NI, he's in and around the £1m mark.

He's better paid than some EPL managers - Houghton was on £650K at Brighton for example. As romantic a notion as it is that he'd love to come to Hearts and take less money it's simply not happening.

12 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Any links to the statement?

There wasn't a statement as such, more a press briefing. Will likely be on the Hearts website later :thumbsup:

For the avoidance of doubt, Keane’s record as a manager is much the same as Moyes- loser (or wank if you prefer). O’Neil will get the job and McPhee will stay as part of the management team. That’ll appeal to AB. 

Why do people start these daft threads?? There is no announcement today or this week, as already confirmed by Mrs Budge. Hopefully we can get someone in for after the international break but it's more important to get the right person

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I wish I had that problem, to be honest. 

Adam_the_legend

"Craig is still here because I rate him so highly. He can help us to determine how the club goes forward“

not enough facepalms in the world for this. For the love of god open your eyes Ann!

I would be circumspect about literally interpreting everything Budge said, it was pretty standard fayre and the purpose seems to be to try and calm the fan base down after yesterday. High profile can be viewed in a number of ways. The intriguing initial question is who will be the Sporting Director, if it is MacPhee then I will be interested to see how that is spun.

Forever Hearts

I see some are still struggling with the fact that money isn't everything to people who are already very wealthy. Has it occurred to you that they might just fancy the challenge and the chance of being a number one?

3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

For the avoidance of doubt, Keane’s record as a manager is much the same as Moyes- loser (or wank if you prefer). O’Neil will get the job and McPhee will stay as part of the management team. That’ll appeal to AB. 

Moyes was voted Manager of the Year in England 3 times. He was and is a far better manager than Roy Keane.

And for the avoidance of doubt....

O’Neil won’t be getting the job.

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I meant Haring. And I would put Naismith on the bench 

Apart from that why have we not fielded your chosen team?

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

"Craig is still here because I rate him so highly. He can help us to determine how the club goes forward“

not enough facepalms in the world for this. For the love of god open your eyes Ann!

Thats worrying .Its bizarre.

19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No. Sporting director will have no involvement or oversight in/of first team matters was what was said on Thursday. 

6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

That might be the most wrong anyone has ever been.