Press conference 4/11 ( updated )

JamboSpur

letsmakesomenoise
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If there is an announcement this quickly, I'd guess it's AM as caretaker to the end of AB's ownership which is not too far away.

and therefore ......

the plans for getting out the Championship at the first attempt!

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Based on Anne’s hints it Looks like it will be O’Neil as SD leaving McPhee as head coach.

what an imagination you have....is McPhee a experienced,high profile manager?

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Pretty much. No-one in England aside from a few lower league fans would know Robinson, Kirk, or Jack Ross.

There's not much chance no-one is unaware of who Keane or Moyes are, and what they've achieved. As an example.

What's Keane's record in management?

Just now, karipidis said:

O’Neill has playoffs with Northern Ireland in March. He will not be coming to hearts. 

We'll know if N.Ireland are in play offs this month. 

Might have qualified automatically. 

Don't see O'Neill being an option. He'll stay for the World Cup. 

16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't think she'd have said it without being quietly confident 

See Northern Ireland's next two games? (Holland and Germany) makes the 4-6 timescale comment interesting..

Or a wee holiday for Ann?

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The one thing we have had recently is a consistent style of play.

Correct. Consistently pants!

She's saying all the right things and I'm delighted about that. I really, really want her to prove me wrong and prove she is taking us the right direction 👍

Hopefully not O'neill.  Would rather not have a jakie that has been caught hammered behind the wheel on the city bypass.

No thanks.

Voice of reason

Michael ONeill as manager and Austin McPhee as Sporting Director - I’d be happy with that. They both work well together at Northern Ireland and O’Neill would report straight to Ann (not Austin). I’d be happy for Austin to stay - seems to bring a lot to the table and being No2 to a control freak is never easy.

Of course, O’Neill lives in Edinburgh and is up at Oriam multiple times a week watching his daughter playing for Hearts U19’s. It’s not difficult to imagine informal talks could have been going on with him for a while.

Yes we need to splash out money we don’t have and return to the mess that Romanov left if you think that was bad ask your father about how wonderful we were in the seventies 7-0 against the Hibs spring to mind

2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Hopefully not O'neill.  Would rather not have a jakie that has been caught hammered behind the wheel on the city bypass.

No thanks.

Wasn't Hecky at the wheel? :mw_confused:

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

No thanks.

I am afraid you'll need to come round to the idea and fast I think

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Doesn’t sound like the appointment of sporting director is far away....Jim Jefferies?🤔

No

No thanks.

Agree. I’m not sure a good record managing NI will translate to effective club management.

Evening News with an article on the press conference, pretty much word for what what appeared on the Twitter comments, although they seem to be under the illusion that Levein is still DoF, despite last week's statement saying he had been relieved of his duties and the DoF role has been discontinued!

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Agree. I’m not sure a good record managing NI will translate to effective club management.

With his record he is well worth a shot though. I also think Northern Ireland's style does translate to Hearts, we can't compete financially with the Old Firm but he man-manages players, gets them on side and they put in a shift for him

Edited by rudi must stay

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I am afraid you'll need to come round to the idea and fast I think

Hopefully not, I'd be surprised if Budge would hire him after that.  You have to be a complete scum bag to drive a car pissed (three times over the limit) and I wouldn't think she would want someone like that at the club. Not very family friendly.

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

With his record he is well worth a shot though. I also think Northern Ireland's style does translate to Hearts, we can't compete financially with the Old Firm but he man-manages players, gets them on side and they put in a shift for him

We played N.Ireland's style yesterday.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

We played N.Ireland's style yesterday.

I don't think we'd be a goal up v Holland I suppose in club terms maybe (Bayern Munich)

They are more effective at it

rudi must stay

Hopefully not, I'd be surprised if Budge would hire him after that.  You have to be a complete scum bag to drive a car pissed (three times over the limit) and I wouldn't think she would want someone like that at the club. Not very family friendly.

I suppose Mourinho isn't either gauging a guys eyes after a match..

Cmon, he's the dream appointment right now

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Haring next to Whelan

I would use Naismith as an impact sub. Same with Halkett

Centre half impact sub ?

9 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Michael ONeill as manager and Austin McPhee as Sporting Director - I’d be happy with that. They both work well together at Northern Ireland and O’Neill would report straight to Ann (not Austin). I’d be happy for Austin to stay - seems to bring a lot to the table and being No2 to a control freak is never easy.

Of course, O’Neill lives in Edinburgh and is up at Oriam multiple times a week watching his daughter playing for Hearts U19’s. It’s not difficult to imagine informal talks could have been going on with him for a while.

He is on a reported 600k plus six year contract. living in Edinburgh without any hassle . Be amazed if gave that up to be under the spotlight at a much reduced salary 

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Centre half impact sub ?

Goes up front in the last 10 minutes to try and rescue a point😀

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

She did not look happy at all. 

She was raging.  Someone set off a flare.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

He is on a reported 600k plus six year contract. living in Edinburgh without any hassle . Be amazed if gave that up to be under the spotlight at a much reduced salary 

A lot of international managers miss the day to day stuff of club management. 

If true to her word we are going to be headhunting to the extent we have real desire to achieve our target.

Not simply a case of waiting to see who’s CV turns up on the doorstep at Tynie.

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

And NI are more than likely not going to qualify. 

Michael O’Neill isn’t going to quit a £500k a year part time job to take on the pressures of a full time job at Hearts for £200k a year ffs. N.Ireland will offer him an extension and he’ll sign it. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

True but not for a huge differential in Income

X1 is also a road too.

Best 11 for me

Pereira

Smith Berra Souttar Hickey

Walker Whelan Hickey Mulraney

Ikpeazu Washington

But we haven't had a chance to play it

Young Aaron got a brother ?

4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I have my doubts their fa are paying 1/6 of that figure, they don't even have a professional league 

6 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

£200k of that is spent on taxis......

X1 is also a road too.

Best 11 for me

Pereira

Smith Berra Souttar Hickey

Walker Whelan Hickey Mulraney

Ikpeazu Washington

But we haven't had a chance to play it

Hickey got a lot to do in that lineup. No Naismith in our best team? 
Glad you are not on the coaching staff. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We do have a precedent in getting Willie Ormond.

But just don't see it. Maybe after 2022. 

Just now, Heriot_jambo said:

I have my doubts their fa are paying 1/6 of that figure, they don't even have a professional league 

Really.---- they outbid us when we were after him for the Scotland job

4 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

They got the Euro 2016 money. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Probably get them to run bar 1874 until their contracts run out.  She seems to be scared just to sack folk.  

Don't think that is true at all . She will hire and fire in a business like way . Let's not go back over the CL situation . 

Pretty sure she will have been looking at (sounding out) people for a wee while . 

May have certain people lined up ?

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Michael O’Neill isn’t going to quit a £500k a year part time job to take on the pressures of a full time job at Hearts for £200k a year ffs. N.Ireland will offer him an extension and he’ll sign it. 

I think we need to go out and pay big money, whether it is Michael O'Neill or not. We are in a strong financial position at the moment. If we can finish third on a regular basis as opposed to where we have been for the last few years and achieve some good cup runs then the prizemoney alone will cover the additional costs of a high profile manager.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

An announcement this quick can only mean one thing.

We are promoting from within imo.😕

Please No. Can see it happening.