Press conference 4/11 ( updated )

JamboSpur

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

About as accurate as the OP is over Sean Clare's wages

Exactly Geoff. Folk will lap up any old shite though. 

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone from the current back room is appointed I will not be back this season and will probably not renew the 5 season tickets in the main stand next year.  That's £2000 that Hearts will miss out on and that's before I spend a single penny in the club store (usually kits and other stuff for the kids).

I will keep my FoH subs going as these are for life.

A couple of months ago I was on at people on here for not financially supporting the club even when we are having a bad period.  The length of time that Levein was given, when the vast majority of us could see the players confidence has been shot, as nearly criminal.  I now believe that only by boycotting the club (if they make terrible decisions that impact it) is the only way forward that they will listen to.

When will people realise that all the media gossip is basically a lot of guff. The well worn quotes of a source within the club /I can exclusively reveal/ or Steve Robinson or whoever is set to take over is designed for the more gullible to buy their trash comics/ newspapers 

1 minute ago, farin said:

Motherwell would need to grant us permission to speak to him first as he’s under contract. That would probably break in the press first tbh. We’ll know soon enough who we’re after I’d imagine 

Nail on head I think. 

12 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

My bet would be Austin and Co. Until the winter break or end of the season.

The real concern for me is that we'll end up with a low end manager so she can tell them they have to keep the whole backroom structure as is. A big name would want his own people and structures from top to bottom. Can't see Ann paying for all that.

Again that wasn't the impression from the Shareholders meeting. Seemed open to new manager deciding what they needed. 

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Such an uninspired choice if true.  We need someone experienced in to clear every last piece of shit out the place and start with a blank canvas.

We had an experienced manager but they can, as we saw  be stuck in their ways and revert to methods of old. Imo we need a manager with experience who can adapt. Robinson completely ripped up Mwell's style of play halfway through last season, persevered with the young players and was rewarded with a great run of form. Pretty much what we're looking for right now. I'm not saying he is the best candidate but I would prefer someone like him, on the upward trajectory of his career, someone who knows the Scottish game rather than a big name looking for a last pay day. Having said that, if Davie Moyes was available then it would be a real coup in terms of possibly challenging the OF.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

My bet would be Austin and Co. Until the winter break or end of the season.

The real concern for me is that we'll end up with a low end manager so she can tell them they have to keep the whole backroom structure as is. A big name would want his own people and structures from top to bottom. Can't see Ann paying for all that.

no chance it will be Austin and Co.. not unless you want the fans back to near riots..

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its one thing attracting a name to apply, its another satisfying them.

Candidate: So Ann, how much will I be spending in January then.

Ann: Well we can get a couple of lads back off loans, and if push comes to shove we can maybe get a loanee that Man U really cant be hooped with.

This is the problem actually getting anyone decent. Clarke accepted it at Killie as he had family connections to the club. We may not be so lucky, realistically, we do not have the clout to satisfy some.

Quite a few have suggested Stendel, he raided Leeds for their cast offs in the summer, we couldn't even satisfy that sort of demand

3 minutes ago, farin said:

Motherwell would need to grant us permission to speak to him first as he’s under contract. That would probably break in the press first tbh. We’ll know soon enough who we’re after I’d imagine 

I think that's spot on. Difficult to see us making an announcement of any kind today, it would only serve to wind people up after yesterday's disappointment. Happy for them to quietly go about their business and find the right person. 

What was it Ann said? It could take 4-6 weeks.. 

Also the club said there was no preferred candidate. 

These Robinson rumours have been going about for weeks. 

If it turns out to be him there will be a few eyebrows raised. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

If anyone from the current back room is appointed I will not be back this season and will probably not renew the 5 season tickets in the main stand next year.  That's £2000 that Hearts will miss out on and that's before I spend a single penny in the club store (usually kits and other stuff for the kids).

I will keep my FoH subs going as these are for life.

A couple of months ago I was on at people on here for not financially supporting the club even when we are having a bad period.  The length of time that Levein was given, when the vast majority of us could see the players confidence has been shot, as nearly criminal.  I now believe that only by boycotting the club (if they make terrible decisions that impact it) is the only way forward that they will listen to.

I would probably not buy a season ticket on that basis either. £500 is premium rate in Scotland, for a third class manager, no, not for me.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We had an experienced manager but they can, as we saw  be stuck in their ways and revert to methods of old. Imo we need a manager with experience who can adapt. Robinson completely ripped up Mwell's style of play halfway through last season, persevered with the young players and was rewarded with a great run of form. Pretty much what we're looking for right now. I'm not saying he is the best candidate but I would prefer someone like him, on the upward trajectory of his career, someone who knows the Scottish game rather than a big name looking for a last pay day. Having said that, if Davie Moyes was available then it would be a real coup in terms of possibly challenging the OF.

Get your point chief and totally agree about how Robinson has turned Motherwell round. My concern would be expectation levels.  At Motherwell, a decent cup run and challenging for top 6 would be seen as an achievement (often an outperformance).  He’s never truly felt the wrath of an expectant support who want top 4 football and cup finals almost as a minimum.  That said, maybe we need to tone down our own expectations.

There's no ambition being shown if we appoint Robinson.

Last 2 seasons he has managed 8th and 7th at Motherwell.

Would stop us from being involved in the relegation battle I suppose

Totally underwhelming if true

Please go for a game changer and get everybody right behind the club again.  This is a great chance to unite everyone

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Or, it could signify that someone has been waiting in the wings for a while now...

I have the feeling a manager has been lined up for a few weeks now,hopefully bringing in his own team!

1 hour ago, rmreido said:

This for me in spades.

Robinson would be the wrong choice, far bigger n better out there.imo

Robinson do me fine. Good man.

It was on radio Scotland saying that Mrs Budge will speak to the media today, it was indicated to provide more information on how hearts  forward with manager search.  I cannot expect it would be anything else 

3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

I have the feeling a manager has been lined up for a few weeks now,hopefully bringing in his own team!

I hope you're right.

We really need someone new that the support can unite behind.

As well as the crap football the divisions in the support is damaging us.

Just maybe, an unexpectedly outstanding candidate has made themselves available and to good an option to turn down

Welcome Jose

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Shug73 said:

Was said yesterday that McPhee is in charge for the game this weekend. I don't expect an announcement until next week at the earliest.

To me he looked tetchy when asked post match. Yesterday was his big chance IMO, win that jobs yours, and he blew it 

1 hour ago, ceefax said:

Hopefully not Robinson. We have to think bigger, there is a world outside Scottish football! No ex hearts employees of any kind should be even in the running for the job. And when the new guy comes in he has to get rid of McPhee Daly and Fox.

This is bang on for me. 

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its one thing attracting a name to apply, its another satisfying them.

Candidate: So Ann, how much will I be spending in January then.

Ann: Well we can get a couple of lads back off loans, and if push comes to shove we can maybe get a loanee that Man U really cant be hooped with.

This is the problem actually getting anyone decent. Clarke accepted it at Killie as he had family connections to the club. We may not be so lucky, realistically, we do not have the clout to satisfy some.

Quite a few have suggested Stendel, he raided Leeds for their cast offs in the summer, we couldn't even satisfy that sort of demand

When we get our strongest. X1 on the pitch and get the opportunity to discard some of the others we will be in a good position 

30 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

When will people realise that all the media gossip is basically a lot of guff. The well worn quotes of a source within the club /I can exclusively reveal/ or Steve Robinson or whoever is set to take over is designed for the more gullible to buy their trash comics/ newspapers 

👍👍👍

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The Robinson rumour has come from his agent whoring his client to Hearts, hence why Ann made the statement saying it was total pish.

Possibly true 

5 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

When we get our strongest. X1 on the pitch and get the opportunity to discard some of the others we will be in a good position 

What's an X1? Team does need a rocket up their arses if that's what it is.

Ann has already said they tried to discard players over the summer, but some refused to go. Assume because the offers for their services did not match the terms of their current contracts.

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The Robinson rumour has come from his agent whoring his client to Hearts, hence why Ann made the statement saying it was total pish.

I thought Chester’s sources had confirmed we approached Motherwell to speak with Robinson?? 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

What's an X1? Team does need a rocket up their arses if that's what it is.

Ann has already said they tried to discard players over the summer, but some refused to go. Assume because the offers for their services did not match the terms of their current contracts.

It's 11 mate 

You not fluent in Roman?

Ann said the recruitment process could take 4-6 weeks, she is looking for an experienced manager, not promoting from within, and we have been inundated with applications.

We are not announcing a new manager today, despite whatever rumours someone may have heard!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

We will certainly be in a better position. Not sure about a good position, we didn't in my view take good care of midfield in the summer.

Whelan is of course a quality player, but I don't see players comfortable on the ball and spraying passes.

Missing Haring but he is not that by nature either, though he can play some good balls.

Alas we look a good bit away as of yet from getting everyone back. Maybe Joe Royle out of retirement until they all come back, Joes teams were famous for their endeavour, it was suggested they would chase an empty crisp packet to tackle it!

Robinson would cost at least £150K to get from Motherwell as compensation for him and his backroom staff. Add in his salary of around £150K plus another £150K for his coaches scouts and doctor (I believe they all come as one package)

Is Robinson worth £450K? Or with that sort of cash which I highly doubt is available we could go get an available manager with a track record far more impressive than the current Motherwell manager.

Not that I think Robbo is a contender, but ICT would want £50K for him. I just don't see us paying compensation to any club. We will get an available manager, of which there are many too choose from.

We play St Mirren at the weekend at home - ffs I think I could assemble a team to get the inevitable 0-0! We need to take this week to asses the candidates, cost and who will get us out of this mess!

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's 11 mate 

You not fluent in Roman?

XI

How does anyone know what our strongest XI is. Have they ever played together?

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's 11 mate 

You not fluent in Roman?

Technically it's not 11.  That is XI, not X1, which is a combination of Roman and Arabic numerals.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We will certainly be in a better position. Not sure about a good position, we didn't in my view take good care of midfield in the summer.

Whelan is of course a quality player, but I don't see players comfortable on the ball and spraying passes.

Missing Haring but he is not that by nature either, though he can play some good balls.

Alas we look a good bit away as of yet from getting everyone back. Maybe Joe Royle out of retirement until they all come back, Joes teams were famous for their endeavour, it was suggested they would chase an empty crisp packet to tackle it!

You mainly need your forward players to be able to take passes. We ended up hitting the ball long. Only time we put a good move together was just before the first goal and again we lost the ball with a poor pass and bad decision making.

Funnily enough I think Rangers sometimes pass the ball too much but there is always someone to take a pass. 

Edited by Mikey1874

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Technically it's not 11.  That is XI, not X1, which is a combination of Roman and Arabic numerals.

X1 is also a road too.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

XI

Best 11 for me

Pereira

Smith Berra Souttar Hickey

Walker Whelan Hickey Mulraney

Ikpeazu Washington

But we haven't had a chance to play it

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Maybe the club have been looking at candidates for a while and started to think about options before they fired CL?

As I've said previously I heard similar last week but no names and apparently not everyone would be happy. Absolutely not ITK but passed on what I heard 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

You mainly need your forward players to be able to take passes. We ended up hitting the ball long. Only time we put a good move together was just before the first goal and again we lost the ball with a poor pass and bad decision making.

Funnily enough I think Rangers sometimes pass the ball too much but there is always someone to take a pass. 

And also quick to close us down too. Energy you get from confidence, somehow we have to re-energise.

Heads need to come out of arses

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

X1 is also a road too.

Best 11 for me

Pereira

Ikpeazu Washington

I'll give you another go!!!!

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

XI

Unfortunately, most of them can be found in the treatment room!

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll give you another go!!!!

Haha cheers

Whelan and Haring

I was too quick being a smart@@##

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

X1 is also a road too.

Best 11 for me

Pereira

Ikpeazu Washington

Hickey's putting in some shift in that team.

1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

I think we do need our new manager in quicker than planned. We are struggling and need a lift very quickly. 

Asap !  Stop the rot.......

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Haha cheers

Whelan and Haring

I was too quick being a smart@@##

Have another shot and remember to find a place for Naismith. 😎