Stephen Robinson

Pants Shaton

Stephen Robinson poll  

825 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Robinson for HMFC?

coatbridgejambo

BBC saying we are making an official approach for him and willing to pay the compensation. Hope this is BS

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Enzo Chiefo

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

BBC saying we are making an official approach for him and willing to pay the compensation. Hope this is BS

It’s not the BBC, it’s Football Insider on the gossip section.

coatbridgejambo
9 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Cheers 👍

55 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I was talking about what we would pay him, think he will be on less just now. 

I agree on Moyes, he doesn't need the money but I suspect he will have a baseline number that is still pretty high for us plus you have to factor in coaching staff. It's a pity as I think he would be a good appointment, a tracksuit manager who will work on getting us set up properly is what's required. 

This is what you wrote.

Suspect Robinson would be on similar wages to Levein (circa £150k) which is pretty low in the general scheme of things. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Robinson would be a terrible and risky appointment. Ffs just imagine getting relegated and the managers name is Robinson🤦🏻‍♂️ Show more ambition please hearts.

57 minutes ago, Barack said:

As an example of further "Journalism" from the BBC & same gossip section.

There's this. See if anyone spots the problem here. Clue: It's quite obvious!

" Scotland head coach Steve Clarke says he would have no qualms about starting Lawrence Shankland in the forthcoming Euro 2020 qualifier away to Russia despite the striker playing in Scotland's second tier with Dundee United."

The fact checking that one would expect from any decent Journalist is missing quite often in respect of BBC website content. We've already been beaten twice by Russia!

I don’t think Robinson is a ‘bad’ manager I just don’t think he’s particularly good either. Finishing 8th one season and then going on a half decent run the next isn’t exactly earth shattering. Motherwell if anything are in a worse position currently than Levein had us 12 months ago, should he have been linked with ‘bigger’ jobs?

Reminds me of the demands for Mark McGhee and we know how his ‘big’ Aberdeen move turned out..

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Hearts say they have been "inundated" with applications for their vacant manager's post but have no preferred candidate to succeed Craig Levein.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Hearts say they have been "inundated" with applications for their vacant manager's post but have no preferred candidate to succeed Craig Levein.

Like the last time.:laugh:
Levein was the best applicant.

If we've been inundated with CVs, surely the guy an hour down the road in Motherwell isn't the most qualified? 

Don't get me wrong, i'd take him but theres got to be better - Moyes? German coach? See how MacPhee gets on?

2 hours ago, JamboPete said:

Correct.  The BBC is saying we have no preferred candidate and have been inundated with applications.

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

And he never even applied.  

It's funny when you think about it.  All those applicants and we gave the job to someone who didn't apply for it.  I wonder why it went wrong?  I hope the board dont try and pull something like this out the bag.  Why pay compensation for Robinson when we can out that money towards the salary of someone better?  All he has done is emulate levein with a couple of cup runs and one decent league run in two years.  

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Like the last time.:laugh:
Levein was the best applicant.

Imagin if she decides the right man is already at the club and Craig Levein comes marching back out 😂

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Imagin if she decides the right man is already at the club and Craig Levein comes marching back out 😂

Kickbacks server would explode.

No,no,no.....

How he's favourite wi the bookies is beyond me.

On this poll only 16% have voted for him, I think he's meh!

Don't touch him wi a barge pole Hearts. 

16 minutes ago, rmreido said:

No,no,no.....

Fact is , if he was to come in and Hearts started winning games of football, no one would care a jot, football fans are fickle and would get behind a winning manager, anyone that didn’t would be a fool

LarrysRightFoot

I’ve voted Nay.

This is a massive appointment for the club and for Ann’s (footballing) legacy. We have had 2 failures in a row, we need a success.

I realise you can’t guarantee success and every appointment is a gamble. However, I think there will be an extensive and thorough search this time to try and ensure we get the best possible candidate.

FWIW I am almost certain there will be high profile candidates that apply (wether ex-pros or out of work managers). I don’t think it’ll be Pressley and Hartley types that make it to last 3 or 4 this time round.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Just now, jbee647 said:

Fact is , if he was to come in and Hearts started winning games of football, no one would care a jot, football fans are fickle and would get behind a winning manager, anyone that didn’t would be a fool

Yep! your probably right, but I don't rate him, not for me

LarrysRightFoot
26 minutes ago, rmreido said:

No,no,no.....

He’s favourite because thats who people are putting money on. This is based on - 

1. The Sun reporting we are interested.

2. Him doing well (flavour of the month) with a ‘smaller’ club - I.e. he’s perceived as attainable.

At this stage we have no idea who has and will apply. It’s early days - names/candidates will be getting split out and initial research will be taking place. 

Personally, I don’t think it’ll be Robinson. I think he and McCann were probably on a list of those to take over next season - I.e. those who could/would work with Levein as a DOF. The game has now changed 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He’s favourite because thats who people are putting money on. This is based on - 

2. Him doing well (flavour of the month) with a ‘smaller’ club - I.e. he’s perceived as attainable.

At this stage we have no idea who has and will apply. It’s early days - names/candidates will be getting split out and initial research will be taking place. 

Personally, I don’t think it’ll be Robinson. I think he and McCann were probably on a list of those to take over next season - I.e. those who could/would work with Levein as a DOF. The game has now changed 

Your post makes complete sense and although it’s guesswork at the moment, I think you’ll be proven right.

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Your post makes complete sense and although it’s guesswork at the moment, I think you’ll be proven right.

Thanks and yes it’s complete guess work. I’ve got a feeling we will are really going to push the boat out and try to get the best manager we possibly can.

However, my hunches re Hearts are rarely correct so cue Peter Houston taking charge.

5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I know how bookies work👍

Just think there are bigger n better options out there, Robinson meh!

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just seen somebody on facebook saying they saw him at the dalmohoy 

Not interviewing until after the st Mirren game so doubt it very much,also need to ask Motherwell for permission-which we haven't. 

58 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Of course. He would certainly not be my first choice but I'll get behind whoever is appointed - whoever it is deserves a decent chance to sort things out.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Not interviewing until after the st Mirren game so doubt it very much,also need to ask Motherwell for permission-which we haven't. 

Just saying what somebody saying on facebook ! Like yourself I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Seemed to me like the team on BT Sport knew something about this...well it appeared they were hinting that anyway.

Didn't see the telly - are you implying they think it’s SR?

12 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Didn't see the telly - are you implying they think it’s SR?

That’s the way it seemed...like an in-joke between them, with specifically Craigan knowing something.

Probably 2+2=5 though...

Edited by Deviskan

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

That’s the way it seemed...like an in-joke between them, with specifically Craigan knowing something.

Probably 2+2=5 though...

Cheers 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Sure I had read in here that budge would be in Portugal and would miss the game but maybe cos the appointment would be quick 

She was at Hampden today. 

9 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Robinson would be a terrible and risky appointment. Ffs just imagine getting relegated and the managers name is Robinson🤦🏻‍♂️ Show more ambition please hearts.

Maybe we should go for Jim Goodwin then - we need a good win or two.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s the beige appointment in my opinion. If he was announced my immediate response would be Meh!

Find his pressers really annoying and managing Hearts brings bigger expectations than managing Well.