Stephen Robinson

Pants Shaton

Stephen Robinson poll  

825 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Robinson for HMFC?

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Harko said:

I would have Robinson - he knows the league and is doing a good job under tricky circumstances. 

For those who think Robinson is not at “the level we should be aiming for” - I honestly don’t get the hype some on here have for ex-Hearts players cause none of them are at “the level we should be aiming for” imo.

neither is Robinson 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Enzo Chiefo

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I dont have that answer mate, I only post what I am told/heard.

Not ITK just get snippets of stuff that I share.

Fair enough. Pls keep passing on what you hear. 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Harko said:

who do you fancy then? I just think some of the more famous names are unrealistic 

I wouldn’t completely rule out a Moyes or a Hughton TBH although probably a long shot.. they may however see it as a route back into football.

If I could have free choice I’d choose Alex Neil or Michale O’Neil- Though i think both would be unobtainable.. 

I want someone with a bit of presence, who will unite the support from the off, not someone that near 80 are unconvinced by.

There are loads of “interesting” managers free .. if killie can attract pedigree so can we. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/verfuegbaretrainer

8 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Motherwell have been exactly where you would expect them to be, bottom 6. Nothing inspiring there.

This time last year folk were saying Tommy Wright 

3rd. Tercera. Third. 

15 hours ago, stotty said:

I like him, but my views on appointing him would depend on who else in the frame tbh. 

It will also mean clearing out McPhee, Daly and Fox. 

10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I wouldn’t completely rule out a Moyes or a Hughton TBH although probably a long shot.. they may however see it as a route back into football.

If I could have free choice I’d choose Alex Neil or Michale O’Neil- Though i think both would be unobtainable.. 

I want someone with a bit of presence, who will unite the support from the off, not someone that near 80 are unconvinced by.

There are loads of “interesting” managers free .. if killie can attract pedigree so can we. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/verfuegbaretrainer

Heiko Herrlich looks to have a decent pedigree. German winning mentality brought to the club. 

I also note there's a certain chap called McCoist on that list who would definitely be worth avoiding!

10 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Club not interested. 

Thank goodness. Sights need to be set much higher this time round. Proper football manager required even if it means paying much more than we currently do. Whilst I think Moyes is out of our reach,finance wise, I think the O’Neills, Jones, McInnes et al of the managerial circuit are all affordable. No reason to go for a cheap option or an ex-player option this time. 

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Talks already started

Very much doubt it. If they have, our owner will have proven herself to be a bare-faced liar in front of shareholders on Thursday night. I think she has much more integrity than that. I suspect your source has got this one wrong. Time will tell. 

49 minutes ago, Marvin said:

It will also mean clearing out McPhee, Daly and Fox. 

Daly and Fox are gone or going. McPhee would not be using Park if he/Budge rated Fox and Daly. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Daly and Fox are gone or going. McPhee would not be using Park if he/Budge rated Fox and Daly. 

Park is better than both.

17 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Raise the bar higher than the usual suspects.  Let's face it, pundits in Scotland haven't a scoobie and spout out the first name that comes into their mouth.

I haven't a clue but would hope the Board are looking at better candidates than the likes of: Hartley, McKinnon, Cameron, Murray, McNamara, Pressley and McCann. In retrospect, Gerrard was an excellent appointment by Sevco. 

Gerrard was a gamble and an expensive one that has worked out so far.

We don't have the funds for that level of contract.

On Robinson I have split opinions-

His default mode was industrial football, I kept hearing how good a team Motherwell were but when they rock up to Tynecastle they were physical,direct and one dimensional. I wasnt impressed with them,they lacked creativity and ideas.

What has happened recently however is he has had to resort to bringing through kids, instead of forcing them to play his game,his way,he had adapted to the players available (something Levein was not capable of) as a result they are playing much better and have got some exciting young players into the team.

Would he revert to type or would he be good for the youngsters and play a brand of football that entertains us fans?

kingantti1874

Correct Bozi, absolute myth that’s he is some dynamic football coach is a an absolute joke.. he’s the absolute opposite of that and would be a huge mistake

The guy is doing well at Motherwell at the moment tbf, he has them punching above their weight although they’re benefitting from most other teams having a shit season so far(outwith the old firm) i would much rather we pushed the boat out and got the best man in we can afford.

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The guy is doing well at Motherwell at the moment tbf, he has them punching above their weight although they’re benefitting from most other teams having a shit season so far(outwith the old firm) i would much rather we pushed the boat out and got the best man in we can afford.

Problem is he might be the best we can afford.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Thank goodness. Sights need to be set much higher this time round. Proper football manager required even if it means paying much more than we currently do. Whilst I think Moyes is out of our reach,finance wise, I think the O’Neills, Jones, McInnes et al of the managerial circuit are all affordable. No reason to go for a cheap option or an ex-player option this time. 

Long list of applications already received by yesterday. Shortening the list starting immediately. 

1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Problem is he might be the best we can afford.

Nah I think we have funds to go for better than Robinson or we are really in a bad way.

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Long list of applications already received by yesterday. Shortening the list starting immediately. 

I'd heard that an approach for Robinson was imminent but your info does sound more accurate.  Any idea why the club aren't interested in him? Better candidates applying presumably?

Hackney Hearts

I asked an Oldham supporting friend of mine for his opinion on Robinson's brief spell there (33 games - won 7, drawn 11, lost 15). Here's his take, FWIW:

"Robinson wasn’t popular, but he was manager at a time when no-one was popular because they were not Paul Scholes. Then we got Paul Scholes for a month, and now he is not popular either. Nowadays the forums focus their illiterate disenchantment towards the owners more than the coaching staff, who are seen as hapless pawns. Robinson wasn’t all that bad, and his son, a winger, is on our books although out on loan somewhere to make space for obscure Frenchmen, and he wasn’t bad either. Could do worse, is what I’d say."

23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'd heard that an approach for Robinson was imminent but your info does sound more accurate.  Any idea why the club aren't interested in him? Better candidates applying presumably?

No just a shake of the head .

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Board member quoted last night saying they will take next week to review applications and schedule interviews for week after St.Mirren game hoping to have someone in post by Killie game. 
As for your second point, no real track record of success, nothing to suggest he would take us higher, currently manages one of only two SPFL teams we have beaten this season, yet to make top 6 in current role. Need I say more, be a bit more expansive and ambitious Enzo. 

Not for me, Martin O'Neill please, if affordable and can juggle NI job with Hearts until relinquishing/compensation NI job? 

P.S. hates the hibs!

P.P.S. FTH

Edited by corkie64

10 minutes ago, corkie64 said:

Not for me, Martin O'Neill please, if affordable and can juggle NI job with Hearts until relinquishing/compensation NI job? 

P.S. hates the hibs!

P.P.S. FTH

Presume you mean Michael O’Neill?! 

Well out our price range I suspect. Reports have previously suggested his salary is high six figures IIRC. 

Won’t be him (IMO).

14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

3rd. Tercera. Third. 

A bit late to reply, but Motherwell haven't finished 3rd. They are currently 3rd, not the same thing. They have been bottom 6 every season under Robinson. Hardly awe inspiring. 

1 hour ago, corkie64 said:

P.S. hates the hibs!

P.P.S. FTH

Michael O'Neill (as pointed out?!)

Edited by corkie64

The latest scarves around the funnel podcast had a good discussion on the known runners and riders for the Hearts job, well worth a listen.

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

I can’t see it. She has done away with DOF, so she will be after a very experienced manager. 

Howvere she said she may appoint a Sporting Director.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

We may already have him 🧐

I’d think McPhee is a shoe-in for that role with Daly, Fox and maybe Gallagher punted. 

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Presume you mean Michael O’Neill?! 

Well out our price range I suspect. Reports have previously suggested his salary is high six figures IIRC. 

Won’t be him (IMO).

If we want him money won’t be an issue. He wants into club football next summer, just a case of whether Hearts appeals to him more than other offers he has had 

Mbulu was reportedly subjected to vile taunts by around 20 Hearts fans in the pre-match warm-up at Tynecastle this afternoon.

Speaking after the game – a 1-0 win for Hearts – Robinson said: “I’ve just seen the video of it.

“I thought this was 2018 but that was the dark ages and dinosaur stuff.

“For a player to have to take that kind of stuff is absolutely disgusting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3598717/motherwell-boss-stephen-robinson-blasts-hearts-fans-after-two-were-arrested-over-accusations-of-racism/amp

Did ye, aye?

I’d honestly rather have Levein back than this rat.