Stephen Robinson

Pants Shaton

Stephen Robinson poll  

825 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Robinson for HMFC?

1 minute ago, Robert Lazar said:

I think Robinson would be a really lazy appointment. 

I'd prefer him over the likes of Robbo, McCann, Pressley etc but feck, we can do better than that.

I think Robinson would be streets ahead of retrogade appointments like Robbo, McCann or Elvis. Cut through the Hearts connection and none of those have come within a country mile of what Robinson has done. Anyone advocating Robbo over Robinson would need to ditch the maroon specs and smell the coffee.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Enzo Chiefo

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think Robinson would be streets ahead of retrogade appointments like Robbo, McCann or Elvis. Cut through the Hearts connection and none of those have come within a country mile of what Robinson has done. Anyone advocating Robbo over Robinson would need to ditch the maroon specs and smell the coffee.

But what has Robinson done? 

He's had Motherwell 3rd in the league for a couple of weeks, that's about it. 

13 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

But what has Robinson done? 

He's had Motherwell 3rd in the league for a couple of weeks, that's about it. 

Wtf has John Robertson done as a manager?? Robinson has taken a corner shop club to 2 cup finals in one season beating Rangers at Hampden en route and now has them sitting 3rd, with a fraction of our resources. We need to detach ourselves from this ex- player obsession and appoint the best candidate. Robinson has a track record of excellence in identifying players in England and developing youngsters. He also realised last season that the style of play he had deployed wasn't working so he ripped it up and started again (copyright Orange Juice) before embarking  on an unbeaten run that matched our start to the season. I would be astounded if he is not top of our shortlist and would expect an approach after the game tomorrow and before AB heads overseas on Tuesday.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wtf has John Robertson done as a manager?? Robinson has taken a corner shop club to 2 cup finals in one season beating Rangers at Hampden en route and now has them sitting 3rd, with a fraction of our resources. We need to detach ourselves from this ex- player obsession and appoint the best candidate. Robinson has a track record of excellence in identifying players in England and developing youngsters. He also realised last season that the style of play he had deployed wasn't working so he ripped it up and started again (copyright Orange Juice) before embarking  on an unbeaten run that matched our start to the season. I would be astounded if he is not top of our shortlist and would expect an approach after the game tomorrow and before AB heads overseas on Tuesday.

you talk as if he’s done something of note, and he’s a no brainer.. when in actual fact he’s a nobody who’s don’t nothing suggest he’s any better than an average manager of a small club, who for 80% of his time there has been a hoofball merchant. 

over 80% of this board think he be a Meh appointment at best.. id hope the board make an appointment we can all get behind..

Edited by kingantti1874

Toxteth O'Grady
23 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I alluded to as much yesterday as was told by a Motherwell coach (via text) that we were in for him.

From what I have heard today, Hearts have asked for permission to speak to him but the feeling I get is that he's not all that keen. Might be a smokescreen but he's defo told someone at Motherwell that he's happy where he is. As I say though, may be a smokescreen.

Before people question my post, my old boss is an academy coach with Motherwell. 

I hope you are right. He’s done ok at Motherwell but I don’t think he’d be a success for us. Just a feeling 

stirlingshirejambo

I see Alan burrows has come out to make a statement to say Motherwell have had no approach which seems a bit premature 

he did say Robinson has a notice period and I wonder if it’s maybe a month or so which might explain Ann’s 4-6 week timescale. Perhaps this can be over ruled with compensation but think there may be something in the speculation 

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Robbo wouldn't even get a sniff if it was up to me. 

Aye, Robinson took them to 2 cup finals but Levein took us to a cup final and semi with his rotten tactics. 

I get what you're saying about the difference in resources but look at Tommy Wright, He's consistently had St Johnstone punching above their weight and he's not getting a look in, so why Robinson? The Motherwell fans wanted him gone last season. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Robert Lazar said:

Aye, Robinson took them to 2 cup finals but Levein took us to a cup final and semi with his rotten tactics. 

I get what you're saying about the difference in resources but look at Tommy Wright, He's consistently had St Johnstone punching above their weight and he's not getting a look in, so why Robinson? The Motherwell fans wanted him gone last season. 

forget all of that, forget the fact we demolished them on their own patch this season, forgot that Aberdeen smashed their team of unknown superstars 3-0 their own pitch only a couple of weeks ago and that livi were the better team today..

in the last game at tynecastle one of their nobodies scored a peach .. means Robinson is the next Jurgen Klopp 😂 

would rather have David Martindale as Austin’s assistant.. 😂😆

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you talk as if he’s done something of note, and he’s a no brainer.. when in actual fact he’s a nobody who’s don’t nothing suggest he’s any better than an average manager of a small club, who for 80% of his time there has been a hoofball merchant. 

over 80% of this board think he be a Meh appointment at best.. id hope the board make an appointment we can all get behind..

I agree, not about Robinson,  who appears to be about as popular on here as Jeremy Corbyn across the country, but about appointing someone who commands the support of the majority of the fanbase. Make no mistake, Robinson was certainly the Board's first choice but they may well have rowed back a bit after seeing polls like the one on here. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree, not about Robinson,  who appears to be about as popular on here as Jeremy Corbyn across the country, but about appointing someone who commands the support of the majority of the fanbase. Make no mistake, Robinson was certainly the Board's first choice but they may well have rowed back a bit after seeing polls like the one on here. 

If you don’t mind me asking how do you know that? 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

forget all of that, forget the fact we demolished them on their own patch this season, forgot that Aberdeen smashed their team of unknown superstars 3-0 their own pitch only a couple of weeks ago and that livi were the better team today..

in the last game at tynecastle one of their nobodies scored a peach .. means Robinson is the next Jurgen Klopp 😂 

would rather have David Martindale as Austin’s assistant.. 😂😆

Exactly. 

You put it better than me haha. 

10 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Fair point Roberto. I have no qualms with what you are saying.  But anyone dismissing Robinson while advocating Robertson is deluded. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

kingantti1874
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Fair point Roberto. I have no qualms with what you are saying.  But anyone , dismissing Robinson while advocating Robertson is deluded. 

agree with that, robbo should not be an option

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If you don’t mind me asking how do you know that? 

No problem at all. Don't know it for sure just a whisper that I had heard.

31 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Not quite the same: In the League Cup they beat Ross Co, Aberdeen and Rangers. In the Scottish Cup they knocked out Hamilton, Dundee, Hearts and Aberdeen. Hearts played absolute minnows in the Scottish Cup. Granted we did beat Motherwell in the league cup last season.

Edited by Juanjo

1 minute ago, Juanjo said:

Not quite the same: In the League Cup they beat Ross Co, Aberdeen and Rangers. In the Scottish Cup they knocked out Hamilton, Dundee, Hearts and Aberdeen. Hearts played absolute minnows in the Scottish Cup. Granted we did beat Motherwell in the league cup last season.

Fair enough but what we need is consistent league positions. 

Where have Motherwell finished under Robinson? 

9th and 8th?

I think it's purely because he has them in 3rd just now that people are getting their knickers all wet.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

this season you mean? And in that cup game they won against hearts they were dog shit and scored a late worldie 

2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

9th and 8th?

I think it's purely because he has them in 3rd just now that people are getting their knickers all wet.

Yep. Same as Wright last year and Archibald the year before that

Enzo, in his time spent as a seething mess wanting Levein out has clearly lost more than a few cells.

Its a big wide world out there yet here he is advocating Stephen ****in Robinson.

I ****in despair.

5 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

9th and 8th?

Tbf to Robinson,with their resources Motherwells first target every season should be to avoid relegation. Whether he ends up at Hearts or not he’ll get the chance at a bigger club with a bigger budget. Always a gamble but I think he could do well.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Enzo, in his time spent as a seething mess wanting Levein out has clearly lost more than a few cells.

Its a big wide world out there yet here he is advocating Stephen ****in Robinson.

I ****in despair.

You probably *&*&€* despair because you now realise how f***"^n stupid it was to defend a big clown who trolled the support with his post match comments and left us bottom of the league.  There is indeed a big world out there but Robinson,  unlike Levein, realises that it aint flat.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You probably *&*&€* despair because you now realise how f***"^n stupid it was to defend a big clown who trolled the support with his post match comments and left us bottom of the league.  There is indeed a big world out there but Robinson,  unlike Levein, realises that it aint flat.

Second bottom - get it right.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He never trolled me. We aren’t bottom of the league.

Such a big world you want Stephen Robinson, a man who has achieved the square root of **** all and plays a brand of football that you were seething about for 3 years:rofl:

A view from a Motherwell supporter. 

Robinson’s record is patchy IMO. Granted, the season has started well however we’ve also played, previously,  some of the worst and most brutal football I’ve ever seen in a Motherwell jersey under him. 

I’m not saying he’s a bad manager at all, just that the hype train shouldn’t be so huge and that I still wouldn’t be despondent if he were to leave. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Prepare to be astounded is all I can advise. 
You don’t half talk some crap. I thought with Levein away you would give it a rest for a few weeks. Seems not. 
As a manager Robinson has done nothing. Similar to your continued comment re Levein - what has he won as a manager? Based on your comments over the last few months he is a loser as was Levein in your view. Re your supposed run they went in last season similar to ours - we won 11 and drew 2 of our first 13 games in all comps, including wins against Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen. When did Robinson’s team do that last season? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

You don’t half talk some crap. I thought with Levein away you would give it a rest for a few weeks. Seems not. 
As a manager Robinson has done nothing. Similar to your continued comment re Levein - what has he won as a manager? Based on your comments over the last few months he is a loser as was Levein in your view. Re your supposed run they went in last season similar to ours - we won 11 and drew 2 of our first 13 games in all comps, including wins against Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen. When did Robinson’s team do that last season? 

You can’t compare Robinson not winning anything to Levein not winning anything. Robinson is near the start of his management career.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Robinson might be the answer but just as easily might not be so no harm taking some time to see who else is out there.

If Robinson is the answer I dread to think what the question is.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Don’t believe it for a minute. She wants an experienced manager, he isn’t that, only 157 games, she wants someone whose teams play better football, he isn’t that, well are as much hoof ball as us, she wants someone to bring the fans and club back together, he isn’t going to do that if you read this thread. 
id be really surprised if this isn’t Sun/Record muck-raking at its best. 

43 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

And this season

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this season you mean? And in that cup game they won against hearts they were dog shit and scored a late worldie 

Last two seasons Levein knocked him out of league cup, once on their patch, once on ours, yet he is seen as a major upgrade??

37 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Yep. Same as Wright last year and Archibald the year before that

Last season it was Gary Holt, after a mediocre run and one big victory. And he isn’t even the main man at Livvi

38 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I ****in despair.

To be honest I think he is trolling on this one. I have bitten but no more. Only possible explanation unless he is completely mad   

@Enzo ChiefoI think you're rushing into things. 

How many Motherwell games have you watched?

Just be thankful that Levein is gone (kinda)

I hope that the board don't rush into anything like you would do. 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Was the win over Hibs, the dire 0-0 at Tynecastle?? Robinson has beaten Rangers at Hampden on his way to a Final.  When has Levein ever done that??

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Maroon Sailor

The trouble is there is no real stand out that is universally popular with the fans.

The mere fact Robinson seems to be the favourite with certain bookmakers sums it up for me.

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You can’t compare Robinson not winning anything to Levein not winning anything. Robinson is near the start of his management career.

Do you think he will win anything?  You confirm my comment that he is inexperienced yet Mrs Budge said on Thursday we want an experienced manager. Yet some on here are suggesting she had begun negotiations Thursday afternoon???  As I said, the guy is at it on this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Was the win over Hibs, the dire 0-0 at Tynecastle?? Robinson has beaten Rangers at Hampden on his way to a Final.  When has Levein ever done that??

It wasn’t the current Rangers so irrelevant. We won the league with Rangers in it. That was a win for Levein because you continually accused him of pulling all the strings as DoF. 

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Last season. We beat them last season at Tynecastle 4-2 in the League Cup QF, scoring two late goals to win it.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The trouble is there is no real stand out that is universally popular with the fans.

The mere fact Robinson seems to be the favourite with certain bookmakers sums it up for me.

I think there are if we push the boat out. Moyes, O’Neill, Jones, Alexander, Ainsworth, Johnson, et al are all more experienced and have been more successful than the list of names the media have created or the supposed bookies odds. 

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Steve Clarke for me. 

Worth a try. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 01/11/2019 at 14:08, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Probably meh but he might be on an upward curve. The two cup finals, including two humpings of Aberdeen, an easy semi win against Rangers, and beating us, are

what keep me on the fence. That was pretty impressive. 

4 game interview?