• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Enzo Chiefo

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just go after someone with a good CV at a similar or higher level from the past. Like we did with Burley. A proper manager who knows how to set up a team at a good level, and get results. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Probably meh but he might be on an upward curve. The two cup finals, including two humpings of Aberdeen, an easy semi win against Rangers, and beating us, are

what keep me on the fence. That was pretty impressive. 

I'm of the opinion that we should be setting the bar as high as it will go and investing big money to bring in a top coach.  With turnover now at £15m we can pay bigger wages to attract higher quality.  The lift this would give the fans would generate more funds from increased hospitality and filling the stadium.

Having said all of that, I wouldn't be overly disappointed if Robinson got the job.  A win rate of 46% in his 124 games at Motherwell is highly impressive, he's no stranger to doing well in cup competitions either.

so overall I'm a meh...

Meh.

His Motherwell team's played awful football up until January this year when an injury crisis forced him to play their young players. He has done well recently, but is he just flavour of the month?

I wouldn't be against the idea, but I'm not inspired by it either.

Just the latest name on the list that has had Hartley, Murray, McKinnon, Cameron, Murray, McNamara and McCann at the top of it recently. No, cast the net further please.

Absolutely not.

If we’re plucking a man on the basis he’s currently got an spfl team punching, I’d much prefer Robbo.

Something very dislikable about Robinson.

Motherwell have been exactly where you would expect them to be, bottom 6. Nothing inspiring there.

This time last year folk were saying Tommy Wright 

Edited by jambopilms

Raise the bar higher than the usual suspects.  Let's face it, pundits in Scotland haven't a scoobie and spout out the first name that comes into their mouth.

I haven't a clue but would hope the Board are looking at better candidates than the likes of: Hartley, McKinnon, Cameron, Murray, McNamara, Pressley and McCann. In retrospect, Gerrard was an excellent appointment by Sevco. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Meh.

His Motherwell team's played awful football up until January this year when an injury crisis forced him to play their young players. He has done well recently, but is he just flavour of the month?

I wouldn't be against the idea, but I'm not inspired by it either.

Imo he's the best realistic option. 

To be honest none of the names mentioned so far come with any guarantees of success.  David Moyes is probably the biggest name mentioned so far but who's to say he will do a good job here?  The main thing is that the Levein DOF shadow has been removed and whoever gets the job will be his own man.  If that's Robinson then so be it.  If he succeeds great if not then he goes.  

Its a Meh for me, his record at Motherwell is decent but i feel we could do better. 

Motherwell record,    February 2017 -  Present..........   Played 124,     Won 57,     Drawn 19,    Lost  48,     Win Ratio  46.0%

I voted meh, not because I don’t rate him, but because I want us to move away from this “young manager cutting his teeth” approach.  I don’t think he’s ready for the challenge and would prefer experience to compliment the passion.  

Edited by Gashauskis9

His comments today sbout allowing the Motherwell players to play with freedom and do things "off the cuff" illustrate to me that he would do a great job with better players at his disposal. A style of play that is the polar opposite of Levein's favoured rigid, cautious style of play which stifles players rather than allowing them to thrive. Could be exciting times ahead at Tynecastle if he is appointed.

Meh. Not unacceptable but wouldn't have the Old Firm quaking in their boots. 

Not sure if our budget allows anyone who would though!

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

His comments today sbout allowing the Motherwell players to play with freedom and do things "off the cuff" illustrate to me that he would do a great job with better players at his disposal. A style of play that is the polar opposite of Levein's favoured rigid, cautious style of play which stifles players rather than allowing them to thrive. Could be exciting times ahead at Tynecastle if he is appointed.

I think he would be a decent manager as well. 

1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Meh. Not unacceptable but wouldn't have the Old Firm quaking in their boots. 

Not sure if our budget allows anyone who would though!

I think that’s the issue. It’s easy to say aim high but how much would we need to pay for a manager with a successful track record at a ‘high’ level...that’s currently out of work, and is happy with our player budget. 

Only if there is a proper recruitment process with a number of shortlisted candidates interviewed and he comes out as the best option. I really hope we take a bit of time to make sure we get this right.

14 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Its a Meh for me, his record at Motherwell is decent but i feel we could do better. 

Motherwell record,    February 2017 -  Present..........   Played 124,     Won 57,     Drawn 19,    Lost  48,     Win Ratio  46.0%

Actually pretty impressive given the mess they were in before he joined

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I like the cut of his jib too. Also seems to have an eye for a player. 

Bridge of Djoum
31 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Issue on kickback is people delude themselves with names like moyes, chris Houghton and Michael o'Neill with their maroon tinted specs on.

It isn’t unusual for better rated managers to go to smaller clubs and take them on.  And what’s wrong with maroon tinted specs as a Hearts fan? What other ***** tint would they be? 

Its called ambition, taking a chance on just approaching someone to gauge if they are willing. After that you talk finance and budget. 

Would like to see who’s coming forward, but wouldn’t object to Robinson. I think he’s got the energy and desire to succeed. He’s probably not a revolutionary thinker as far as strategy is concerned, but I do think he’s someone who gets his players performing.

Boycotting,  not renewing, paint spraying, threat making, cancelling, protesting, marching, arriving late, leaving early etc

it would happen all over again 😉 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It isn’t unusual for better rated managers to go to smaller clubs and take them on.  And what’s wrong with maroon tinted specs as a Hearts fan? What other ***** tint would they be? 

Its called ambition, taking a chance on just approaching someone to gauge if they are willing. After that you talk finance and budget. 

Ok👍

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Actually pretty impressive given the mess they were in before he joined

Your right Jeff,  he has done a good job,  its a decent record he has and if we appointed him i would be quite happy. I would just like us to explore all possibilities and options before making a decision. If we do that and he's the best man for the job then that would be great.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Boycotting,  not renewing, paint spraying, threat making, cancelling, protesting, marching, arriving late, leaving early etc

it would happen all over again 😉 

the prima-donnas in our support will be doing all that at some point whoever we appoint. Always looking for an excuse. 

chester copperpot

I alluded to as much yesterday as was told by a Motherwell coach (via text) that we were in for him.

From what I have heard today, Hearts have asked for permission to speak to him but the feeling I get is that he's not all that keen. Might be a smokescreen but he's defo told someone at Motherwell that he's happy where he is. As I say though, may be a smokescreen.

Before people question my post, my old boss is an academy coach with Motherwell. 

4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I alluded to as much yesterday as was told by a Motherwell coach (via text) that we were in for him.

From what I have heard today, Hearts have asked for permission to speak to him but the feeling I get is that he's not all that keen. Might be a smokescreen but he's defo told someone at Motherwell that he's happy where he is. As I say though, may be a smokescreen.

Before people question my post, my old boss is an academy coach with Motherwell. 

So basically he might be interested, he might not. 

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

So basically he might be interested, he might not. 

Pretty much. I did say last night though that we would try go for him. Check my posts if you dont believe it mate. 

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Not saying it’s nonsense but if there had already been an approach yesterday why did Mrs Budge state last night that it could take 4-6 weeks, maybe even to Xmas, to get someone in? 

I would have Robinson - he knows the league and is doing a good job under tricky circumstances. 

For those who think Robinson is not at “the level we should be aiming for” - I honestly don’t get the hype some on here have for ex-Hearts players cause none of them are at “the level we should be aiming for” imo.

chester copperpot
34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not saying it’s nonsense but if there had already been an approach yesterday why did Mrs Budge state last night that it could take 4-6 weeks, maybe even to Xmas, to get someone in? 

I dont have that answer mate, I only post what I am told/heard.

Not ITK just get snippets of stuff that I share.