• soonbe110

• Enzo Chiefo

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Pay the compensation get it done

Exactly. Streets ahead of anyone else quoted. It's clear the type of market we're looking in so Robinson ticks all the boxes. Ger it done.

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly. Streets ahead of anyone else quoted. It's clear the type of market we're looking in so Robinson ticks all the boxes. Ger it done.

Based on what?

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Based on what?

Based on sitting 3rd just now, getting Mwell to 2 finals in the same season, the youngsters he is developing, being able to beat the OF at Hampden and recognising when a system needs changed and ripping it up mid season. Has pace and creativity in his team and will do a good job for us.

We_are_the_Hearts
25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Based on sitting 3rd just now, getting Mwell to 2 finals in the same season, the youngsters he is developing, being able to beat the OF at Hampden and recognising when a system needs changed and ripping it up mid season. Has pace and creativity in his team and will do a good job for us.

Fair enough mate. Wasn't impressed with them at all in the Cup this season but seem to have found some form. 

Салатные палочки
22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Robinson all day long for me,go get him 👍

I'm in this camp. 

31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Levein knocked his Motherwell side's out of the league cup twice within a year and beat him 2 out of 3 times in the league last season, not to mention finishing above them in the league. Admittedly this was all achieved with a higher budget.

It's not so long ago that Motherwell fans were wanting him sacked for playing dire industrial hoof ball. It was only due to an injury crisis that Turnbull, Hastie et al got their chance, and they were developed by the Motherwell youth system long prior to his arrival at the club.

That said, I think he's worth an interview. But would be low down the list in my preferences.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
55 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I still think it’ll be a McPhee and Robinson deal. McPhee upstairs and Robinson in the dugout.

Were they at Northern Ireland at the same time or did Austin come in afterwards?

11 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Levein knocked his Motherwell side's out of the league cup twice within a year and beat him 2 out of 3 times in the league last season, not to mention finishing above them in the league. Admittedly this was all achieved with a higher budget.

It's not so long ago that Motherwell fans were wanting him sacked for playing dire industrial hoof ball. It was only due to an injury crisis that Turnbull, Hastie et al got their chance, and they were developed by the Motherwell youth system long prior to his arrival at the club.

That said, I think he's worth an interview. But would be low down the list in my preferences.

The point is that Robinson recognised the style wasn"t working which is why he changed it and was rewarded with a lengthy unbeaten run.  It doesn't matter why the youngsters were introduced,  he gave them their chance and stuck with them. He has recruited well in England too . Also presides over a team with the 3rd lowest budget in the SPL. The very fact he is quoted to replace MON at NI means our biggest problem may be persuading him to come.

Seen plenty managers do well with a team with a lower budget and not make the step up. It's almost as though doing well with a team with a lower budget has very little meaning in terms of how well you will do with a totally different squad with a larger budget. 🤔

Absolute Scenes
59 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

By the way that is a good point about Robinson ripping up the system and identifying it’s broken and needing changed. Not afraid to stop and try something different rather than repeating the same mistakes hoping it eventually comes good

22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The point is that Robinson recognised the style wasn"t working which is why he changed it and was rewarded with a lengthy unbeaten run.  It doesn't matter why the youngsters were introduced,  he gave them their chance and stuck with them. He has recruited well in England too . Also presides over a team with the 3rd lowest budget in the SPL. The very fact he is quoted to replace MON at NI means our biggest problem may be persuading him to come.

He's the flavour of the month candidate in my view.

Let's see what the interview process brings.

19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Seen plenty managers do well with a team with a lower budget and not make the step up. It's almost as though doing well with a team with a lower budget has very little meaning in terms of how well you will do with a totally different squad with a larger budget. 🤔

That is a good point too. No guarantees at all. Maybe some managers are better at a lower level.

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Hearing this is who they want.

Could be bollocks but there you go.

Interesting, I've heard this morning that he is definitely out of the running. 

Personally, I think he is this seasons Tommy Wright. 

43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His current record at Well pales when compared with McCalls record at Well. I don’t want either but can’t see any way that Robinson’s track record gets him a job ahead of McCall 

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

already backed him! Just waiting on Jack Ross getting hibs job for first payout 

8/1 is the best odds he's been.

He was odds on last week

Seymour M Hersh
43 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He's the flavour of the month candidate in my view.

Let's see what the interview process brings.

Indeed. The weejia are struggling to get genuine news out of the club so are reverting to guestimation. All just my opinion though. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Motherwell aren't third. Aberdeen are.

He's not the right man for the job. Watch Motherwell fall down the table. Bottom six for them.

Edited by Gorillajam

HillmanHearts

Would not be an overly exciting appointment.

However he has some attributes going for him.

Not least that he would be full of ambition and drive.

Motherwell do seem to play with an attitude and a passion.

2 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

He's not the right man for the job. Watch Motherwell fall down the table. Bottom six for them.

Based on what ? As said before Motherwell have amassed most points in 2019 outside OF. 

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Correct!! Motherwell have done well but also been very fortunate that Aberdeen, ourselves, Hibs and Killie have all had shit/shaky starts to the season.

throw livvy and St Johnstone into that mix also and you can see why Motherwell are where they are.

1 hour ago, damo said:

Based on what ? As said before Motherwell have amassed most points in 2019 outside OF. 

Aberdeen and ourselves both this season and last have had the biggest injury list of any SPL side. Motherwell and Killie have benefitted from that. Last season, we were sitting top of the table and miles ahead of Aberdeen (I know they had injuries as well) and Killie but injuries came into play and we fell down the table.

Liverpool are currently top of the EPL table however if their first 11 all got injured and were out for the next 3 months, would they win the league. No. 

32 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Aberdeen and ourselves both this season and last have had the biggest injury list of any SPL side. Motherwell and Killie have benefitted from that. Last season, we were sitting top of the table and miles ahead of Aberdeen (I know they had injuries as well) and Killie but injuries came into play and we fell down the table.

Liverpool are currently top of the EPL table however if their first 11 all got injured and were out for the next 3 months, would they win the league. No. 

I'm not sure Levein or McInnes would have that same Motherwell squad where they are but that's just my opinion. You've got to think with better players at his disposal (Hearts squad) he would get even more impressive results. Isn't always the case granted.

I get your point about injuries though.

7 minutes ago, damo said:

I'm not sure Levein or McInnes would have that same Motherwell squad where they are but that's just my opinion. You've got to think with better players at his disposal (Hearts squad) he would get even more impressive results. Isn't always the case granted.

I get your point about injuries though.

He's had a conveyor belt of talented youth players to come through the Motherwell youth system which has definitely helped. However it was only last season when Motherwell fans wanted him out. He was the manager of Motherwell for the entirety of last season where he finished 8th in the league. Currently he is 4th in the league with plenty of the remaining season to go. Aberdeen in recent weeks have had players come back from injury and now see themselves above them. Dare I say, we ourselves are starting to see players retuning from injury and will see ourselves go above them too later on in the season. 

In 2019, Motherwell accumulated the most points outside of the OF. So from January to May and August to current date. Over the course of 2018/2019 season he finished 8th because he started the season incredibly poorly (when we were top before injuries). Second half of the season they did better but look at the number of players ourselves, Aberdeen, Hibs had out injured comparatively to them - otherwise I'm sure we'd have all picked up more points. Results are most definitely affected by injuries and suspensions.

Obviously its an opinion and i may be wrong, but I'm personally not convinced Robinson is the right man to take our club forward.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Man City are missing most of their first choice defenders, just like us this season and last, and it's showing. Yes, injuries affect even the best teams and managers as I think we'll see when we rapidly start climbing the table with everyone back no matter who's in charge.

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Good description unlike the lazy response you received 👍 

Not my choice but would still be a decent shout 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He's got a strong whiff of Terry Butcher, Tommy Wright, Alan Archibald and the many other managers who do well at a smaller Scottish club for a season or two - with all the lack of pressure and expectation that go with those smaller club jobs - and are talked up in the media but fail to step up to a job with 10x the pressure and expectation. Even Steve Clarke could be currently on that list going by his Scotland performance so far.

If over achieving at a smaller club and playing attacking football are the criteria, I'd rather Robbo than Robinson. Robbo at least knows what it means to be in charge at a club our size and did a decent job first time around in difficult circumstances.

penicuik jambo

A member of his coaching staff was walking along Gorgie rd about 1.30 before the st mirren game. Maurice Ross was all suited and booted walking along to the main stand. Probably scouting though 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct!! Motherwell have done well but also been very fortunate that Aberdeen, ourselves, Hibs and Killie have all had shit/shaky starts to the season.

throw livvy and St Johnstone into that mix also and you can see why Motherwell are where they are.

McInnes, Robinson, Wright and Clarke have all benefited from less competition at the top end of the table due to various teams that are almost always up there not being in the race for various reasons. To their credit they played consistently well enough to make the most of the opportunities. Although not Robinson, apart from in the cups.

A weak/deid Rangers also provided a golden opportunity for a variety of teams to reach cup finals over the last few years - further boosting some managers' profiles (although not Crag Levein's apparently) - when otherwise they would possibly have met a stronger Rangers at some point and probably been beaten going by Rangers historical cup record.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, penicuik jambo said:

A member of his coaching staff was walking along Gorgie rd about 1.30 before the st mirren game. Maurice Ross was all suited and booted walking along to the main stand. Probably scouting though 

Maurice Ross is at Motherwell now I think....youth or reserve coach or similar.

5 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Would not be an overly exciting appointment.

However he has some attributes going for him.

Not least that he would be full of ambition and drive.

Motherwell do seem to play with an attitude and a passion.

:thumbsup: