Stephen Robinson

Pants Shaton

Stephen Robinson poll  

825 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Robinson for HMFC?

1 hour ago, Robert Lazar said:

Motherwell have said there has been no approach from Hearts for Robinson. 

But apparently we have already approached them to speak to Robinson??

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Enzo Chiefo

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Whatever said:

Mbulu was reportedly subjected to vile taunts by around 20 Hearts fans in the pre-match warm-up at Tynecastle this afternoon.

Speaking after the game – a 1-0 win for Hearts – Robinson said: “I’ve just seen the video of it.

“I thought this was 2018 but that was the dark ages and dinosaur stuff.

“For a player to have to take that kind of stuff is absolutely disgusting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3598717/motherwell-boss-stephen-robinson-blasts-hearts-fans-after-two-were-arrested-over-accusations-of-racism/amp

Did ye, aye?

I’d honestly rather have Levein back than this rat.

But, but, he got Motherwell to a cup final!

Stephen Robinson management career to date

Sacked after 6 months at Oldham

2.5 seasons at Well, bottom 6 in both of his first two seasons, only in top 6 at moment because of shocking starts by both Edinburgh clubs
He  has only 157 games under his belt as a manager so hardly the experienced manager we are supposed to be looking for. Has assisted O’Neill at NI but is behind McPhee in the NI pecking order

Yet some, more than a few, on here think he is the answer to our problems????
Think again I’d say. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Stephen Robinson management career to date

Sacked after 6 months at Oldham

2.5 seasons at Well, bottom 6 in both of his first two seasons, only in top 6 at moment because of shocking starts by both Edinburgh clubs
He  has only 157 games under his belt as a manager so hardly the experienced manager we are supposed to be looking for. Has assisted O’Neill at NI but is behind McPhee in the NI pecking order

Yet some, more than a few, on here think he is the answer to our problems????
Think again I’d say. 

Livi have just equalised and heres hoping they get another one to put any thoughts of Robinson to bed.  What has he done that levein hasn't in the same period? One extra cup final at most.  Like for like when it comes to the last couple of seasons  extremely dissapointed if it is him.  Hope the board are a lot more ambitious than that.

So Budge apparently said at the shareholders dinner that attractive football would be one of the criteria’s when shortlisting the new manager......well surely that would rule Robinson out right away anyway. 

I hope she has the ambition to look further afield 

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Livi have just equalised and heres hoping they get another one to put any thoughts of Robinson to bed.  What has he done that levein hasn't in the same period? One extra cup final at most.  Like for like when it comes to the last couple of seasons  extremely dissapointed if it is him.  Hope the board are a lot more ambitious than that.

Exactly, very debatable if he is in any way an upgrade on Levein or even Nielson. Robbie’s record in top league is much better than Robinson’s. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, very debatable if he is in any way an upgrade on Levein or even Nielson. Robbie’s record in top league is much better than Robinson’s. 

He's third after the first round of games.  We were top at the same stage last year. With the cup runs, it's just levein in different colours.  After the last couple of seasons surely the fans deserve better than Robinson.  The board have said that they'll take a couple of weeks to look at all applicants so if we end up with Robinson, I hope they tell us what he brings that the others and levein didn't.  Surely to F they wont be so stupid.

Just now, Barack said:

Never liked Holt anyway. Or Robinson.

Holt will be getting a call from one of his old club's soon the way things are going. 😤

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Do people slating Robinson not realise his budget compared to ours,Hibs and Aberdeen’s?

You want to employ someone else who will waste it? He is not a a good coach /manager.. anyone who has watched his team (before this season) will attest to that.

Do people slating Robinson not realise his budget compared to ours,Hibs and Aberdeen’s?

Probably about the same size, if not more than killie and they got into the top six.  Same as levein with a couple of cup runs but not over achieving in the league.  He's just more mediocrity. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Holt will be getting a call from one of his old club's soon the way things are going. 😤

Whoever employs Holt will have to employ Martindale also.  He's the real force at Almondvale.  Hopkin excelled there - done nothing since; now at Morton, very average.  Miller didn't even get any time, such was the Martindale factor.  He's the real gaffer.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Probably about the same size, if not more than killie and they got into the top six.  Same as levein with a couple of cup runs but not over achieving in the league.  He's just more mediocrity. 

correct.. budget about 8th . Finished 8th

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Whoever employs Holt will have to employ Martindale also.  He's the real force at Almondvale.  Hopkin excelled there - done nothing since; now at Morton, very average.  Miller didn't even get any time, such was the Martindale factor.  He's the real gaffer.

Correct, and there's zero chance we're employing Martindale 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

You want to employ someone else who will waste it? He is not a a good coach /manager.. anyone who has watched his team (before this season) will attest to that.

There is no guarantees than any manager will be a success,I’ve not been excited about an appointment since Burley and that was nearly 15 years ago ffs.

This next appointment is huge and it needs to be inspiring,I agree Robinson is not that but he’s not a huddy.

kingantti1874

There is no guarantees than any manager will be a success,I’ve not been excited about an appointment since Burley and that was nearly 15 years ago ffs.

This next appointment is huge and it needs to be inspiring,I agree Robinson is not that but he’s not a huddy.

honestly, I think he may be just that.. I don’t see him as a coach having any sway over senior pros, I think he has been lucky that Motherwell uncovered 2 or 3 very talents young players at the same time 

14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Hearts not interested. 

Another...”we were searching for 3 weeks, but by jiminy!, we realised all along we had the perfect candidate on our doorstep”....

:fill in the blanks:

Innocent Eggboniki
2 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Couldn't have put this in any of the other manager threads....

Na wanted tae start a thread m8

Better call Saul
11 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Couldn't have put this in any of the other manager threads....

Aken eh am sick of these random threads being started when they could easily be included in another thread.

Just stop. 

Surely we are looking higher than an inexperienced Motherwell manager who has yet to take his side to a top six finish?

16 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Go away 👍👍

Smokey agrees with this post.

14 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

The owner of the fruit juice company? Excellent! We are rich rich rich!

Anyone for tennis?

I'd rather we took a bit more time and sifted through the applications. The right man is out there and available, it's just down to good judgement on Ann's part.

Quietly confident she'll make a good decision on this and I feel the AM/Parky combo will get us ticking over until the appointment is made. 

Honestly don't believe Robinson will play any part of this process. 

...a bit disco

A man who accused Hearts fans of racism with an unfounded allegation?

Not for me.

37 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'd rather we took a bit more time and sifted through the applications. The right man is out there and available, it's just down to good judgement on Ann's part.

Quietly confident she'll make a good decision on this and I feel the AM/Parky combo will get us ticking over until the appointment is made. 

Honestly don't believe Robinson will play any part of this process. 

Agree. 

I don't even think Robinson will even be in their thoughts. 

I hope 😕😕

I think Robinson would be a really lazy appointment. 

I'd prefer him over the likes of Robbo, McCann, Pressley etc but feck, we can do better than that.