Thank you Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

I am frustrated that it has just not worked out for him in the managerial role this time

Sometimes lady luck just deserts you and part of his failure is simply down to that but there were aspects he could have improved on and gradually it became harder and harder to defend him

I wish him the best and he should always be made welcome when he officially leaves us

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It should have been ten

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Bridge of Djoum

Have never forgotten the first time I saw him play, such obvious class. A talented player in a fantastic Hearts team who kept Hibs in their place after a long period of dominance.

Truly gutted it didn't work out this time. 

Always a legend.

Thanks for years of hard work. 

I think we all agreed he needed to be removed but it is a bit pathetic to grouse at people thanking him for his career as a whole and wishing it had ended better. As a player he was so important that several thousand of us went to Tynecastle to see him in a reserve game after his surgery for the first knee injury. He tried his best as a manager and had some success earlier in his career. I would have loved to see him holding a trophy as a reward for his efforts as it would have been more to him than to Valdas or Paulo but in the end he outstayed his welcome and had to go. Big decision for Ann Budge now so we move on.

Thanks for all your efforts Craig.  Someone who gave everything for us in every role he performed.  Legendary player whose career was cruelly cut short through injury.

You leave with my best wishes for the future.  A sentiment which will be shared by the vast majority of Hearts supporters.

Of course you haven't actually left yet so hope you are successful in your role over the next 7 months.

43 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Well said.

Worst manager in our history, an awful DOF and a liar to boot. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. 

This.  Terrible football manager.  Worse than Tommy Mclean. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
27 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Agreed.

It's a shame it came to this, but it should have came to this sooner.

Absolutely. I just wish he would of went back upstairs after the cup final. He could of left on somthing of a fairly positive note. And all this could of been avoided. But it's done. I wish him good health. And again I just hope that in time the anger towards him fades.

Are we really saying thanks to a guy that's taken us to the bottom of the league? Jesus Christ, would we be saying the same had this been say Csaba Laszlo for example? 

My initial reaction when I heard the news was a combination of both relief and sadness. I think that you have to be pretty callous not to recognise that he has put a lot of work in. However both the results and performances have been awful for sometime now and I think a change was definitely necessary.

letsmakesomenoise
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

For overseeing our record-breaking return from the Championship.

For the historic 4-0 against Celtic.

For restoring Natural Order against Hibs, through results like the Scottish Cup and the other week.

For taking us to a cup final which we fought all the way in.

It didn't work out and it's right that he's gone, but he's a PHM and the highlights of the last five years will live on longer than the many lows.

Well said.

We all wanted him out, but lets not forget in all of this that a guy has lost his job today.  There but for the grace of god etc. etc.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Well said.

We all wanted him out, but lets not forget in all of this that a guy has lost his job today.  There but for the grace of god etc. etc.

He be toiling financially.

A sleepless night awaits him.

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Thank you Craig Levein for showing me how bad it can actually get supporting hearts, I will now always be grateful when we win games and string a couple of passes together.

This for me. He has shown us just how bad football can get, in order for us to be grateful for what we have.

A modern day messiah if you wish.

Edited by Wham Bam Austin McCann
Horrendous spelling.

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

There has been a zillion threads of Levein Out can those posters  just not ignore this thread and leave it to those who wish to say Thanks for his long term involvement in a number of guises.

Appreciate not everyone agrees but just block/ignore or whatever they need to do.

From me.  THANK You.

Wish you good health and much enjoyment watching your club move on.

Ffs will always wish him good health but the guy has won absolutely nothing as a manager, he is a dinosaur out his depth end of

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

This thread shouldn’t exist. It’s embarrassing. 

I’m not embarrassed, others aren’t too.

Why are you ‘embarrassed’?

There are many other threads you could have shown your embarrassment on, but you chose this one.

How very embarrassing.

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The thread where people are gathering to thank a manager that has us joint bottom of the league? A thread which never existed for Cathro? A thread which wouldn’t exist for any other manager with the record of Levein. A disaster of a thread. 

You are the Scott Brown of JKB posters in that you have no class whatsoever.

Are you so thick that you can't just leave this one thread alone and allow others to simply give thanks to someone they feel deserves a little praise.

Do one Broony.

Edited by Coolio

38 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You’re embarrassing pal

You have just said in three words what I was trying to say in many more. 👍

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Thank you Craig Levein? 

Wtf? 

It shows how many Losers we have in our Support. Pathetic, simply reflecting the team Levein put on the park......

Bottom of the league and responsible for the worst run in the clubs history, yeah thanks a lot. Near 90 players in and god knows how much of the clubs money wasted on utter dross. Stubbornness has resulted in nearly every piece of good work he done, undone. Good riddance as far as am concerned. He had an opportunity to do the right thing and he put himself and his self interests ahead of the club. Shut the door on the way out Craig. 👋 

This.  

Perth to Paisley
15 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Ffs will always wish him good health but the guy has won absolutely nothing as a manager, he is a dinosaur out his depth end of

Not sure that some of the more rabid wish him well - hopefully I have misread that!

Won nothing as a player as well but that doesn’t stop him being the best player I have seen in maroon. End of ; to use your phrase.

As politely requested requested ...  just ignore the thread and move on.

Bottom of the league and responsible for the worst run in the clubs history, yeah thanks a lot. Near 90 players in and god knows how much of the clubs money wasted on utter dross. Stubbornness has resulted in nearly every piece of good work he done, undone. Good riddance as far as am concerned. He had an opportunity to do the right thing and he put himself and his self interests ahead of the club. Shut the door on the way out Craig. 👋 

This for me.   

he should have left after a valiant effort in cup final.it was time for change then. 

It is sad and depressing the way this has ended but it’s on him.  

no reason to get personal and slate the guy it’s over. 

new chapter 

StevenNaismith

As much as I wanted him to go, I’m really gutted for him. He genuinely thinks the squad he had assembled could achieve great things. Saw him tonight and he looks a broken man. Make no mistake, he is hurting like we all have been. Time to move on now though, hopefully the club appoint the right man and he can get the best out of the obvious talent we have in the squad.

2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

For restoring Natural Order against Hibs, through results like the Scottish Cup and the other week.

It didn't work out and it's right that he's gone, but he's a PHM and the highlights of the last five years will live on longer than the many lows.

Well said. Didn’t work out this time but few have given more to the Hearts.

I didn't want him back as DoF, I certainly didn't want him back as manager and it's way past the time he should have gone.

None of which means I didn't want it to work and there's still a sense of regret it didn't for a man who put a tremendous effort into his work for the club.

His roll is saving our club should not be under estimated. Without him AB may never have put up the cash to save our club.

I am grateful for everything he did to help our club survive.

In the end though it’s results that counts and he had to go.

Wish him all the best for the future.

6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

People posting messages like Craig Levein is really reading this and is going to see their arse licking :lol: 

It’s very strange I agree. 

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

His roll is saving our club should not be under estimated. Without him AB may never have put up the cash to save our club.

I am grateful for everything he did to help our club survive.

In the end though it’s results that counts and he had to go.

Wish him all the best for the future.

Thumbs up!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Heavy heart and great sadness tonight. 

Really wanted him to succeed but it's a  decision that should have been made in the summer. 

I still love you big man,  and will always remember drawing that raffle with you proudly 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

People posting messages like Craig Levein is really reading this and is going to see their arse licking :lol: 

So by same token did you believe that all your moaning had any effect. 

Strange comment from someone I respect 

9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Lol, no they're not. You probably think that the messages that folk write on RIP threads are written in the hope that the recently departed person will read them from beyond the grave too. :D There's less than minimal possibility that Craig will ever read this thread, and the vast majority of we grown ups are well aware of that. We're just expressing our opinions, and yes emotions, about what's happened.

So, thanking a club servant for at least having tried, and wishing him luck for the future is now treated as "arse licking"? You've made my evening, 1874robbo, you cuddly Neanderthal you. :D

Graham Thomson

Thanks Craig.

Disappointed it didn't work out, I wish you had resigned after the cup final with your dignity still in tact.

Great player though, Great Hearts man 

I wish you all the best 👍

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

There are many other threads you could have shown your embarrassment on, but you chose this one.

How very embarrassing.

Well said Morgan 👏🏼

48 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How very embarrassing.

I am embarrassed that there is a thread for people thanking Levein, why would I post on any other thread to show my utter disbelief that it is actually happening? 

People are thanking the man that has lead us to the worst run in the clubs history. Has us sitting bottom of the league and has gained less points than every other club in the top flight over his 3 years, other than Hamilton. I Am embarrassed that because he played for us and only us, he is treated as some sort of god, immune to criticism or anger. Let’s be clear, he hasn’t walked away or quit, he has been sacked. His ignorance to what we could all see happening has us, again, sitting bottom of the league. He had plenty opportunities to leave but he has clung on and on and has us in a total shambles of a situation. His arrogance and disregard for the situation has been disgusting. A new manager now has 2 rounds of fixtures to turn around a 3 year slump or we are looking at bottom 6 football and the real possibility of relegation. He has assembled a squad that doesn’t look capable of winning, has no

clue it’s best formation/shape or starting 11 and leaves me fearing we could genuinely be facing relegation. A thread thanking the man that has contributed to all of this is embarrassing. In my opinion. 

Let’s be clear, I am not saying don’t feel sorry for him and I am not questioning his love for Hearts, there is no argument he is a Hearts man. This thread isn’t about that tho. I also hope that we see the fruits of his labour, after all, we have heard nothing but how transformed the academy set up is and how everything under the first team is amazing. Everyone can look me out and ram it down my throat when we start to see the rewards of that, until then, it’s just another example of the “jam tomorrow” legacy that will be forever synonymous with this Levein reign. 

I will stay away from this thread now. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

It’s easy to assume our immediate return to the premier league was inevitable.

It wasn’t.

If it hadn’t been for Levein’s input, we may have ended up doing a Hibs.  

We may well reap more of the rewards of his stewardship down the line but sadly our league form made it impossible for him to continue.

doing a hibs? you mean winning a Scottish cup? achieving our holy grail?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

How very embarrassing.

:gok: 

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I am embarrassed that there is a thread for people thanking Levein, why would I post on any other thread to show my utter disbelief that it is actually happening? 

People are thanking the man that has lead us to the worst run in the clubs history. Has us sitting bottom of the league and has gained less points than every other club in the top flight over his 3 years, other than Hamilton. I Am embarrassed that because he played for us and only us, he is treated as some sort of god, immune to criticism or anger. Let’s be clear, he hasn’t walked away or quit, he has been sacked. His ignorance to what we could all see happening has us, again, sitting bottom of the league. He had plenty opportunities to leave but he has clung on and on and has us in a total shambles of a situation. His arrogance and disregard for the situation has been disgusting. A new manager now has 2 rounds of fixtures to turn around a 3 year slump or we are looking at bottom 6 football and the real possibility of relegation. He has assembled a squad that doesn’t look capable of winning, has no

clue it’s best formation/shape or starting 11 and leaves me fearing we could genuinely be facing relegation. A thread thanking the man that has contributed to all of this is embarrassing. In my opinion. 

Let’s be clear, I am not saying don’t feel sorry for him and I am not questioning his love for Hearts, there is no argument he is a Hearts man. This thread isn’t about that tho. I also hope that we see the fruits of his labour, after all, we have heard nothing but how transformed the academy set up is and how everything under the first team is amazing. Everyone can look me out and ram it down my throat when we start to see the rewards of that, until then, it’s just another example of the “jam tomorrow” legacy that will be forever synonymous with this Levein reign. 

He's been in charge just over 2 years and finished 6th twice, so I find it highly unlikely he's taken less points than any club bar Hamilton in that time.

6 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

He's been in charge just over 2 years and finished 6th twice, so I find it highly unlikely he's taken less points than any club bar Hamilton in that time.

C8D6B2CD-3E6E-4DA6-B571-588A4D4A7D26.jpeg

16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

C8D6B2CD-3E6E-4DA6-B571-588A4D4A7D26.jpeg

Well we've taken more than Livingston, Ross County, Dundee, Partick and St Mirren for definite. And We've finished above Motherwell and St Johnstone twice.  I suppose Motherwell could have more points than us given their decent start this season.  Not sure how St Johnstone could have though

THEN NOW & FOREVER

LEVEIN HEARTS LEGEND

NEVER FORGOTTEN

33 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

They always say that, they never do. :D

"...he is treated as some sort of god, immune to criticism or anger."

That is just so much utter bullshit. Fans have been extremely critical of him and very angry towards him, many of the same fans who are now saying "good luck" here. I don't think I've seen a single person here treat Craig Levein as a "God". You're just making it all up to justify your hatred of those who don't actually hate Levein.

It wasn't working, it's as simple as that. The club recognised the fact but it took too long to do so, the situation perhaps being masked and prolonged by the injuries we experienced. But it's done now, and we move on. What I don't get is your desire to piss all over this thread. It just comes over as childish wanton wrecking. Man up and create your own thread where you demonise Craig, for goodness sake. Leave other people to wish him luck in a thread created for that purpose.

He's a Hearts man through and through, and he played a big part in our resurrection after administration. As manager, he did his absolute best and it wasn't enough. I think it was his desperation to succeed that led to him staying far too long. Thank you for your effort, for the 4-0 against Celtic, and for restoring the natural order. 

4 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

:wub:

Thanks Craig. ❤️

26 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

THEN NOW & FOREVER

LEVEIN HEARTS LEGEND

NEVER FORGOTTEN

:spoton:

Howdy Doody Jambo

Why could he not see that the football was so bad to watch for the last year when he was such a class act on the pitch, he should have called it quits in the summer and given the new man a pre-season to shape up

Wish him all the best 

• davemclaren locked this topic