Thank you Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes, thank you. Hopefully in time your overstay in the manager's role is forgotten and we remember your achievements with the club with fondness again.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It should have been ten

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Bridge of Djoum

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You didn’t have to do this, on this thread.

Aye he did ,he cant help himself.

Wonder what his next obsession will be ?

Probably our next manager.:sleeping2:

22 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Bottom of the league and responsible for the worst run in the clubs history, yeah thanks a lot. Near 90 players in and god knows how much of the clubs money wasted on utter dross. Stubbornness has resulted in nearly every piece of good work he done, undone. Good riddance as far as am concerned. He had an opportunity to do the right thing and he put himself and his self interests ahead of the club. Shut the door on the way out Craig. 👋 

Best post of the night 

The money wasted is criminal 

Just now, luckydug said:

Aye he did ,he cant help himself.

Wonder what his next obsession will be ?

Probably our next manager.:sleeping2:

An “obsession” 😂😂😂. The man has us bottom of the league you fruit loop. Did you start a thread when Cathro left or was that fair game? 

Just now, NB GIN said:

Best post of the night 

The money wasted is criminal 

Dont mate, you’ll be rounded on. A total embarrassment of a thread. “Thank you” 😂😂😂😂 we’ve won 5 games in 2019, joint bottom of the league. I will never, never understand how this man has such a hold over so many Hearts fans, it’s beyond mental. 

Thanks Craig!!

I believed in you up until about 6 weeks ago. You were definitely unlucky with injuries, and we will never know how things could have turned out had we had most of these players fighting fit, but in all honesty I believe your health problems last year had a bearing on your managerial ability, as it took away your edge... I might me wrong, but uop until then we were flying.

Hope you can take it easy and enjoy a less stressful life out of the firing line

Brauhauser2012
24 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Without a doubt one of the best posts on here I’ve read. Real class and I honour your sentiments. 

I thought it was Neilson who guided us back into the SPL. So now you're saying it was Levein. So did Levein also guide us to the Scottish Cup defeat against Hibs when we okayed Juanma and Duada upfront? Confused.

Edited by Brauhauser2012

It should have been ten
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Great post.

(Those celebrating and spray painting, take note!)

This 

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

This thread shouldn’t exist. It’s embarrassing. 

Well stay off it then you weirdo 

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It shouldn't exist because it contains the thoughts and sentiments of folk who have different opinions to you?

God help those around you if you are as controlling in your personal life as you appear to be trying to be on here.

I thank any outgoing manager. It's only right. He believed he could turn it around but he couldn't. He certainly tried, which is more than can be said for some of the players he signed, but HE signed them.

Nevertheless thank you Craig and good luck for whatever comes next

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It shouldn't exist because it contains the thoughts and sentiments of folk who have different opinions to you?

God help those around you if you are as controlling in your personal life as you appear to be trying to be on here.

:spoton:

Just now, redjambo said:

It shouldn’t exist because it’s beyond embarrassing. No other manager in our history with the record Levein has and how we currently sit under him would get a “thank you” thread. Not a single person would’ve thought about posting something similar for Cathro. 

Someone will have to explain to me how Levein has such a hold over so many. 

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Thanks Craig!!

I believed in you up until about 6 weeks ago. You were definitely unlucky with injuries, and we will never know how things could have turned out had we had most of these players fighting fit, but in all honesty I believe your health problems last year had a bearing on your managerial ability, as it took away your edge... I might me wrong, but uop until then we were flying.

Hope you can take it easy and enjoy a less stressful life out of the firing line

I agree and also agree with the sentiments

Perth to Paisley

There has been a zillion threads of Levein Out can those posters  just not ignore this thread and leave it to those who wish to say Thanks for his long term involvement in a number of guises.

Appreciate not everyone agrees but just block/ignore or whatever they need to do.

From me.  THANK You.

Wish you good health and much enjoyment watching your club move on.

Tynecastlesmychurch

It's sad that it's come to this. I don't take any delight what so ever in him being sacked. But it simply had to be done. In the end time heels all wounds and he's done a lot for this club of ours. I hope in time all anger towards him fades away.

August Landmesser

Great OP, and remembering Craig's goal in the 3-1 v Celtic, it was the first time I properly swore in front of my old man.

Stood in the School End, ball hit the net and I was leaping about squeaking 'get it up yer ****ing hole Bonner' whilst giving the finger to the away end. Good times. Thanks for the memories Craig!

38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Will always have fond memories of him but currently all I have is a sour taste. 

Agreed 

27 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The thread where people are gathering to thank a manager that has us joint bottom of the league? A thread which never existed for Cathro? A thread which wouldn’t exist for any other manager with the record of Levein. A disaster of a thread. 

This

7 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

The finest player I saw play for Hearts. Sad that it ended this way.

He was a top player but was possibly the worst manager we have ever had 

4 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

There has been a zillion threads of Levein Out can those posters  just not ignore this thread and leave it to those who wish to say Thanks for his long term involvement in a number of guises.

Appreciate not everyone agrees but just block/ignore or whatever they need to do.

From me.  THANK You.

Wish you good health and much enjoyment watching your club move on.

Yip Hearts legend, sadly ended on a sour note but thanks Craig !!

Governor Tarkin

Good thread, Tart. 

It's a shame it came to this but we are where we are. 

The King is dead, long live the King. 

10 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

I thought it was Neilson who guided us back into the SPL. So now you're saying it was Levein. So did Levein also guide us to the Scottish Cup defeat against Hibs when we okayed Juanma and Duada upfront? Confused.

Can you read? 

31 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The thread where people are gathering to thank a manager that has us joint bottom of the league? A thread which never existed for Cathro? A thread which wouldn’t exist for any other manager with the record of Levein. A disaster of a thread. 

Well said. 👏

Craig Levein cares as much about Hearts as any of the rest of us. I don't think anyone doubts that he was grafting as hard as ever to turn things around; but his biggest flaw was (and this goes back to his Scotland spell too) in not being able to recognise or accept when things were going badly wrong, and that he couldn't fix things after all. That's a flaw that many of us possess in our own lives, personal or professional, it's a common human frailty. If there's any blame to be apportioned here, it really lies with Ann Budge for letting things go on for far too long.

Regardless, thank you Craig. It just wasn't to be.

Edited by Danny Wilde

Just now, busby1985 said:

It shouldn’t exist because it’s beyond embarrassing. No other manager in our history with the record Levein has and how we currently sit under him would get a “thank you” thread. Not a single person would’ve thought about posting something similar for Cathro. 

How long have you been supporting Hearts? Levein didn't work out this time around, apart from the odd success, but he is a PHM and has been a good servant of this club over many years. Cathro was a short-term experiment. There's acres of difference between the two appointments. And you spew your crap over a thank you thread where folk are simply trying to say "We know you did everything because of your love of Hearts, but it didn't work out. Best wishes all the same". Seriously, you ought to have a word with yourself.

However, if you only have been supporting Hearts for a handful of years, I can understand why you don't realise the contribution that Craig has made over time. Don't worry, you're not expected to know all the history of the club. Perhaps you should read a wee bit more about what we got up to before you started supporting the club.

I certainly didn't agree with a lot of his decisions or players that he recruited but helped us re-build during our darkest days. Easy to identify what he did wrong but I believe he did offer his full commitment and a lot of positive things behind the scenes that we may not see. Every club has their ups and downs so its time to look on the up. Wish him all the best and excited for the future!

This thread epitomises why Hearts have never achieved the level of success we should have. Wailing over a Manager who has led us to bottom of the League - I despair......

23 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Thank you Craig Levein for showing me how bad it can actually get supporting hearts, I will now always be grateful when we win games and string a couple of passes together.

:lol: 

Absolutely ..gutted that his relationship both emotionally and physically has ended like this, albeit i'm sure in time the recent issues will be outshone by all the great things he's done for our club. 

Gordon Ramsay
45 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Bottom of the league and responsible for the worst run in the clubs history, yeah thanks a lot. Near 90 players in and god knows how much of the clubs money wasted on utter dross. Stubbornness has resulted in nearly every piece of good work he done, undone. Good riddance as far as am concerned. He had an opportunity to do the right thing and he put himself and his self interests ahead of the club. Shut the door on the way out Craig. 👋 

Well said.

Worst manager in our history, an awful DOF and a liar to boot. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

This thread epitomises why Hearts have never achieved the level of success we should have. Wailing over a Manager who has led us to bottom of the League - I despair......

You’ll need to explain how many years you’ve been following Hearts mate, did you not know Levein is one of our greatest ever players and managers???? A disaster of a thread. 

Borders Jambo
9 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Thanks Craig!!

This.  I'm disappointed a Hearts mans tenure as our Manager ended this way

There are plenty other threads where people can criticise CL.  I wish they could see their way to leaving this one the way it was intended.

Has overseen the development of the club and the youth teams , we will enjoy the fruits of this work for years to come , at managent level he ran out of ideas 

, but a more committed Hearts man you will struggle to find , good luck 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You’ll need to explain how many years you’ve been following Hearts mate, did you not know Levein is one of our greatest ever players and managers???? A disaster of a thread. 

You've made your point, several times. We get it - you're not a fan of Levein or a thread praising him.

Now you've got the attention you were so desperately seeking, can you maybe go and get wired into him on one of the many other threads that exist slating him? Maybe understand that some people are just sad to see him go under this type of cloud and want to give him best wishes? It's really not that hard a concept to grasp. 

30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You really are pathetic aren't you.  Meanwhile, real grown up people will continue to thank Craig for all his efforts for the club as player and manager twice.

Superb OP.  

Really wanted it to work out, always feels special when you achieve success with a PHM, but wasn’t to be.

17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

What has Cathro got to do with anything?

People are paying respect to a man who has given the vast majority of his adult life to Heart of Midlothian. 

You and others don't like him, we get that. Know what though? Some of us actually do like him and have a bit of respect for him. I don't think anyone would disagree that his time as manager was up, it happens but there is absolutely no need for all the hate.

He's gone, relax FFS. 

2 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

What has Cathro got to do with anything?

People are paying respect to a man who has given the vast majority of his adult life to Heart of Midlothian. 

You and others don't like him, we get that. Know what though? Some of us actually do like him and have a bit of respect for him. I don't think anyone would disagree that his time as manager was up, it happens but there is absolutely no need for all the hate.

He's gone, relax FFS. 

👌🏻

heartgarfunkel

Loving the reasoned and dignified posts on this thread.  Craig Levein is a PHM, a legend as a player and a club stalwart who has overseen some of the best results I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.  I’ve also found him to be a gentleman and easy going geezer every time I’ve met him. With hindsight, that cup final should have been his last match as manager. 

28 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

It's sad that it's come to this. I don't take any delight what so ever in him being sacked. But it simply had to be done. In the end time heels all wounds and he's done a lot for this club of ours. I hope in time all anger towards him fades away.

Agreed.

It's a shame it came to this, but it should have came to this sooner.

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

_109483296_asdfsd.jpg.6eb40776226f5c7abb95c5b3c0f77d9b.jpg

Aye, thank you, right enough.

🙄

A man that deserves nothing but respect....🙈

18 minutes ago, trotter said:

You've made your point, several times. We get it - you're not a fan of Levein or a thread praising him.

Now you've got the attention you were so desperately seeking, can you maybe go and get wired into him on one of the many other threads that exist slating him? Maybe understand that some people are just sad to see him go under this type of cloud and want to give him best wishes? It's really not that hard a concept to grasp. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Will always have fond memories of him but currently all I have is a sour taste. 

Wrong thread, letting yourself down.

• davemclaren locked this topic