Thank you Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

3 minutes ago, skodef said:

Aye but it's the best squad of players we have ever had according to Mrs Budge.

And were only 19points off fourth place?🙈🙈

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It should have been ten

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Bridge of Djoum

6 minutes ago, skodef said:

European spot is the aim this season she reckons :wtf:

Despite her recent utterances to the contrary, she’s clearly still not got a clue when it comes to the footballing side of things.

Deluded doesn’t quite cover it.

Edited by Whatever

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

The worry is that she has not ruled him or McPhee out of the running for the SD role.

She would love to sneak that in under the radar. 

9 minutes ago, skodef said:

Better that JJ’s squad in 1998 or Burnley’s squad of 2006? 🙈

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

If you take it at face value,  Levein is there but not involved in any meaningful way.    People want rid of him completely and that's all very well but what actual difference does it make?    

If he was off the payroll but still wanted to attend matches,    would he have to be barred?     If the notion that there remain a person called Levein still around,    does he have to be disguised and locked up in a remote dungeon somewhere like the man in the iron mask?

Should be barred completely. Not welcome. He has spent millions on dross and left us on the verge of relegation, employed a useless excuse for a manager without taking the blame. Added to that he has the gaul to hang around to see the fruits of his labour with Budge suggesting she might extend his contact. He should be booted out and told never to return. An absolute imposter of a football manager. 

Edited by Class of 75

20 minutes ago, skodef said:

She wouldn't know a footballer is she fell over him in the street. Completely out of her depth 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

FOH, can we not vote for change in March?

I suspect Budge wants to leave with Levein. Desperate shame for all it is concluding in abject fashion 

Edited by Sir Gio

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I suspect Budge wants to leave with Levein. Desperate shame for all it is concluding in abject fashion 

It is a shame. That’s my over riding feeling about the whole situation.

it all started of with so much hope.

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

If you take it at face value,  Levein is there but not involved in any meaningful way.    People want rid of him completely and that's all very well but what actual difference does it make?    

If he was off the payroll but still wanted to attend matches,    would he have to be barred?     If the notion that there remain a person called Levein still around,    does he have to be disguised and locked up in a remote dungeon somewhere like the man in the iron mask?

It could only happen at Hearts. Where else would you find anyone on the Board and DOF as well as Manager?

Nowhere is the answer because it's not the way to run a football club. He had too many vested interests and should never have been appointed to the Manager position while still holding the other positions. My personal opinion is that he should never have been appointed anywhere within our club.

Since being relieved of the Manager's job he should be nowhere near the club in any advisory capacity because he has totally failed.

I don't car what anyone says he should be gone completely.

Gordon Ramsay
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It would be best for all parties if she left with Craig, Austin, the shite coaches and about 3/4 of that squad. 

What a ****ing state we are in. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

17 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It would be best for all parties if she left with Craig, Austin, the shite coaches and about 3/4 of that squad. 

What a ****ing state we are in. 

The scouts and medical team should all leave as well.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Boab said:

20K a year ?

Shit, think I’ll need to up my game a bit here !

😟

:rofl:

20k a year... outwith FOH and ST's. I wouldn't take him too seriously.

Levein was a mistake in hindsight. As others have said, a very decisive character, he always has been. He did well in his first stint, but even then, many couldn't take to him, mainly due to style of play and his boring personality. 

Ann had a huge decision to make a few months ago, and she made the wrong decision,  due to her loyalty and friendship with Levein. 

What a circus we are.  Still can't comprehend that a coaching team which produced miserable results for years are still at the club.

Laughing stock I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

I can see the argument for keeping him around before Stendel came in, I didn’t agree with it but if we were on the hook for his contract why not have him contributing.

Now that Stendel is in and has identified the staff he wants we need to pay the money to bring them in and pay the money to get the old regime out, they certainly won’t be volunteering to walk away (why would they?)

Ann Budge is to blame for sticking with Levein for too long as manager, how people can be happy with her sticking with him in his current capacity (not even sure what that is) beggars belief.

Agree hopefully it has shown people what Levein is really all about though those that call him a Legend and a PHM. 

If he really cared he would walk!! 👍

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Levein was a mistake in hindsight. As others have said, a very decisive character, he always has been. He did well in his first stint, but even then, many couldn't take to him, mainly due to style of play and his boring personality. 

Ann had a huge decision to make a few months ago, and she made the wrong decision,  due to her loyalty and friendship with Levein. 

Original. 

I like decisive people, divisive on the other hand...

15 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agreed. Amazing that once again our Head of Recruitment John Murray appears to be completely ignored. No wonder the word " Teflon" is used so often when talking about him.

23 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

All the ball boys as well and the people that sell the pies and cheesets :lol:

When i left the ground on saturday absoutley freezing my nuts off, i actually felt for the first time quite angry with levein, the fact that he is still here i find mind boggling although if its a case of we cant afford to pay him off then i dono what to say about that, personally id rather he just left, i wonder what he thinks of the situation, does he still make the same boring excuses in his own head? does he think he could still turn it around? is he that clueless or is it arrogance, anyway, Ive been gaslit by a man use to quite like.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Better that JJ’s squad in 1998 or Burnley’s squad of 2006? 🙈

Perhaps the best squad since she started supporting Hearts?

Bridge of Djoum
14 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Doom ,wake up and smell the coffee lad.youre defence of him  is becoming laughable

If I have the translation right, you're suggesting I'm defending CL. 

I'm not, at all. I'm just not abusing him or pishing my frillies. I'm delighted he's no longer involved in 1st team affairs. I prefer to look forward, support the new man and hope for better times. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

As we all do, but still you must get in you're wee dig at the people who quite rightly criticise him ..... as always

I have no issue people critisizing him...fairly. FFS I've critisized him. I just haven't let it ruin my supporting Hearts. I also haven't wet myself but I may if we beat Celtic tomorrow.

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

When Rino Gattuso left Milan he waived the remainder of his contract. Leechvein though clings onto us and bleeds us for every penny. Some Hearts man. 🖕

100% this. 

If Levein cared about the club at all he would waive his contract and step aside. If he's arrogant enough to think he can fix things behind the scenes then he should do it for free. He's a shadow DS could do without. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Zzzzzzzzz

Great debating skills. 

Finessed at Cambridge?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, OTT said:

100% this. 

If Levein cared about the club at all he would waive his contract and step aside. If he's arrogant enough to think he can fix things behind the scenes then he should do it for free. He's a shadow DS could do without. 

WHAT THE **** are you on about??

There would be no point in debating with you,as I've stated before ,You seem to be a person that winds irate supporters up.ones who care

John mcCartney
44 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Amazing that once again our Head of Recruitment John Murray appears to be completely ignored.

im sure Daniel will be asking questions regarding the position very soon. Hoping for punters asking pertinent questions tomorrow night as well.Reckon Il head along to the FOH do.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

We’ve got the head coach/DOF responsible for this shambles still in the building and in the background.

We’ve got the dickhead who masqueraded as his assistant now pretending to be a sporting director.

We’ve got the recruitment team responsible for shocking signing after shocking signing still in place.

We’ve got the owner who oversaw this entire debacle clearly failing to learn from any of her mistakes.

And in the middle a very good manager in Stendel who has it all to do.

I despair, tbh.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

There would be no point in debating with you,as I've stated before ,You seem to be a person that winds irate supporters up.ones who care

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We’ve got the head coach/DOF responsible for this shambles still in the building and in the background.

We’ve got the dickhead who masqueraded as his assistant now pretending to be a sporting director.

We’ve got the recruitment team responsible for shocking signing after shocking signing still in place.

We’ve got the owner who oversaw this entire debacle clearly failing to learn from any of her mistakes.

I despair, tbh.

Image result for are you ok gif funny

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

All the ball boys as well and the people that sell the pies and cheesets :lol:

Maybe that gimp Scot Wilson too.  As well as his stinking goal music.  Not that we've had to listen to much of it this season.

Edited by Randy Marsh

7 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Maybe that gimp Scot Wilson too.  As well as his stinking goal music.  Not that we've had to listen to much of it this season.

Best stadium announcer and corporate host in the business - end of!

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I despair, tbh.

PrettY much sums up the state we are in!

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I despair, tbh.

You are spot on.. it’s weak as **** it really is.. 

Just now, Jenks said:

We still going on about Levein aye ? 😂😂😂

Just a wee discussion about our transitional Joint Sporting Director( and other duties).....guy !

No harm done !

😐

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

WHAT THE **** are you on about??

Don't get the need in your response tbh. 

His continued lingering rather than just pissing off and waiving his salary suggests he thinks he can 'help'.

20 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Have we had goal music this season?

1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

im sure Daniel will be asking questions regarding the position very soon. Hoping for punters asking pertinent questions tomorrow night as well.Reckon Il head along to the FOH do.

Can anybody explain how we ended up with this bunch of players?  Can anybody actually say hand on hearts that the players are not that bad but their collective confidences are shot and they have just been badly coached and trained and that now Stendel is at the helm things will change and they will get better. What I find really at odds with our situation is that the people responsible for hiring these players are still active within the club! The length of some of these contracts is incredible given what we are seeing on the park... or not seeing in the case of the constantly injured players!

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Best stadium announcer and corporate host in the business - end of!

WTF has that to do with anything... he is part of the problem at the heart of the club get him to F and the useless clunt that is cutting the grass too ! :lol:

• davemclaren locked this topic