Thank you Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

The problem is AB has been to loyal to him. She has bought into the myth that he peddled about ‘boot rooms’ as if he was some sort of footballing guru. The reality is that he left us when he knew VR was taking over and that he would be out on his arse. He flopped at Leicester. Did well enough at United but helped by a fantastic crop of young players like Gauld, Armstrong and GMS then bombed at national level. That’s not the CV of some football guru, he’s an average manager.

I’ll always maintain that he should have gone when Cathro went. He was Cathro’s champion and should have been held accountable for what happened. Instead he was given more power at the club. The poor performances of the last 7 months of last season were masked by getting to a SC final after an almost handpicked run. That should have been enough. This is where a football person would have reacted by getting rid. Instead the final allowed AB to think he could turn it round and spend money in the summer.

His signings have been mostly shocking. What someone like Bozanic could be seen bringing to the table, I don’t know. For me, Jamie Walker should not have been brought back. His first spell with us was dogged by too many anonymous games and injuries. We have known that we needed pace in the middle of the park. We’ve needed it for several seasons yet nothing was done to solve it. 

When he was relieved of his duties, he should have been put on gardening leave. I have no time for Daly or Fox and they need to be emptied as well. The whole fact that AB has said that he can work on with the club until the summer, quite frankly mystifies me. He has overseen poor recruitment, his management of the football department in general has left us bloated, is the much vaunted academy really producing??? Have we discovered a new Robbo or McLaren or Johnston. Has he really given youth a chance. 

I won’t call him a **** but he has overseen an extremely poor for the football team. It feels like the late 70’s/early 80’s again and assembled a squad of shite

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It should have been ten

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Bridge of Djoum

Graeme Russell

Was at the Brechin City v Cowdenbeath game today, 2 young Hearts guys playing for Cowdenbeath Connor Smith and

Chris Hamilton. Don’t know if part of Craig Levein’s remit but he was also in attendance watching the game.

21 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

Was at the Brechin City v Cowdenbeath game today, 2 young Hearts guys playing for Cowdenbeath Connor Smith and

Chris Hamilton. Don’t know if part of Craig Levein’s remit but he was also in attendance watching the game.

He needs to be as far away from Tynecastle as possible.

46 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

Best place for him ,,,,

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, Graeme Russell said:

He (Levein) used to polish the boots at the Blue Brazil in earlier era. I think that's his natural level of managerial competence. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

He (Levein) used to polish the boots at the Blue Brazil in earlier era. I think that's his natural level of managerial competence. 

:laugh2:

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

One of life's failures,I MO

Some of the posts earlier in the thread are jaw dropping about the loser.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Haven't read them, but I suspect the usual suspects are still trying to polish the most skittery shite, ever.

They are clueless.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

9 hours ago, Graeme Russell said:

The same Connor Smith thrown into a derby match, did very well, and never seen again?

And who knows if it’s in Craig’s remit? 🤷‍♂️

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I've read them, now. I think they've been suckered into buying magic beans, at least once in their lives.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I've read them, now. I think they've been suckered into buying magic beans, at least once in their lives.

:laugh2:

11 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

The problem is AB has been to loyal to him. She has bought into the myth that he peddled about ‘boot rooms’ as if he was some sort of footballing guru. The reality is that he left us when he knew VR was taking over and that he would be out on his arse. He flopped at Leicester. Did well enough at United but helped by a fantastic crop of young players like Gauld, Armstrong and GMS then bombed at national level. That’s not the CV of some football guru, he’s an average manager.

I’ll always maintain that he should have gone when Cathro went. He was Cathro’s champion and should have been held accountable for what happened. Instead he was given more power at the club. The poor performances of the last 7 months of last season were masked by getting to a SC final after an almost handpicked run. That should have been enough. This is where a football person would have reacted by getting rid. Instead the final allowed AB to think he could turn it round and spend money in the summer.

His signings have been mostly shocking. What someone like Bozanic could be seen bringing to the table, I don’t know. For me, Jamie Walker should not have been brought back. His first spell with us was dogged by too many anonymous games and injuries. We have known that we needed pace in the middle of the park. We’ve needed it for several seasons yet nothing was done to solve it. 

When he was relieved of his duties, he should have been put on gardening leave. I have no time for Daly or Fox and they need to be emptied as well. The whole fact that AB has said that he can work on with the club until the summer, quite frankly mystifies me. He has overseen poor recruitment, his management of the football department in general has left us bloated, is the much vaunted academy really producing??? Have we discovered a new Robbo or McLaren or Johnston. Has he really given youth a chance. 

I won’t call him a **** but he has overseen an extremely poor for the football team. It feels like the late 70’s/early 80’s again and assembled a squad of shite

Totally agree and part of me wonders if he did it intentionally. Surely no football manager can be that bad. 

27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The same Connor Smith thrown into a derby match, did very well, and never seen again?

Zanatta also scored a good goal for Partick today. Not the best player but better than what is in the team at the moment. 

Edited by Class of 75

12 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I'm assuming the Welsh Premier League? 

He isn't even good enough for that level. Would struggle in Sunday league 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I appreciate all the seethe about Levein because I have it also but we really need to move on.

The fact that he is still at the club in some capacity is a problem and means the fans can’t park it mentally and move forward. 

I’ve no doubt this will all be expressed fairly vehemently at the agm. We can’t let this drag us all the way down to relegation though- it isn’t worth it.

This is Stendels times now so let’s be as focussed as possible on the good repair work he can do to claw us out of this mess and be less focussed on Levein.

On 31/10/2019 at 19:49, tartofmidlothian said:

For overseeing our record-breaking return from the Championship.

For the historic 4-0 against Celtic.

For restoring Natural Order against Hibs, through results like the Scottish Cup and the other week.

For taking us to a cup final which we fought all the way in.

It didn't work out and it's right that he's gone, but he's a PHM and the highlights of the last five years will live on longer than the many lows.

How you feeling now

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

It may be. Or it may not be. For the time being. Or maybe longer. And perhaps shared with Austin. Then again, maybe not. But we’re looking for a new man. Although now might not be a good time for somebody new to come in. 

All crystal clear. 

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

How you feeling now

Incredible thread eh.  Thank you for what exactly?  Ruining us?  We should create a Happy Clappers section at Tynecastle for some fans.  Maybe at the back of the Gorgie so the sane supporters can point and laugh at them.

1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I appreciate all the seethe about Levein because I have it also but we really need to move on.

The fact that he is still at the club in some capacity is a problem and means the fans can’t park it mentally and move forward. 

I’ve no doubt this will all be expressed fairly vehemently at the agm. We can’t let this drag us all the way down to relegation though- it isn’t worth it.

This is Stendels times now so let’s be as focussed as possible on the good repair work he can do to claw us out of this mess and be less focussed on Levein.

I can't move on until he's gone because every dire performance like yesterday reminds me this clown still picks up a wage ans and works for the club and has no shame about showing his face around a club he has destroyed. I need closure 

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Incredible thread eh.  Thank you for what exactly?  Ruining us?  We should create a Happy Clappers section at Tynecastle for some fans.  Maybe at the back of the Gorgie so the sane supporters can point and laugh at them.

Sounds a plan.

50 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I would vote for this.

52 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I can't move on until he's gone because every dire performance like yesterday reminds me this clown still picks up a wage ans and works for the club and has no shame about showing his face around a club he has destroyed. I need closure 

Exactly this.

I've banged my head against a brick wall,laughed at the levein gang on here, tried my best to fathom them out,I've now come to the conclusion that nothing will change while she is still here.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

What's the Loan Arranger doing if this is now one of Levein's other things?

On 31/10/2019 at 19:51, Pants Shaton said:

If it hadn’t been for Levein’s input, we may have ended up doing a Hibs.  

We may well reap more of the rewards of his stewardship down the line

Cant wait to reap those rewards. 

More jam tomorrow eh. 

:facepalm:

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Cant wait to reap those rewards. 

More jam tomorrow eh. 

:facepalm:

It’ll be an eternity.

5 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Well said kimosavi, my thoughts as well.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Reading between a lot of lines, yes, Levein is still hanging around but he's nothing to do with the first team now. Stendel has complete control. However, the development of coaches thing was his baby right from the start in 2014. I'd be surprised if he's not still making things difficult around that. It's no surprise that Stendel's first big power play was to promote Kirk so publicly. If things turn sour, it'll be in this area. It'll be beyond shameful if this all goes wrong to protect the "development" of Daly, Fox, Rankin etc.

6 hours ago, kimosavi said:

How you feeling now

Those points still stand for me.

Personally I was in the same camp that it was not all bad but the current team are making me think twice.

The Real Maroonblood
21 hours ago, Rods said:

Those points still stand for me.

Personally I was in the same camp that it was not all bad but the current team are making me think twice.

Fair comment.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Thank you Craig Levein ...........said every Hibs fan.

I would be changing my username if I was you.

The Old Tolbooth

At first I was okay with him still being in the background as long as he was kept away from first team matters, but now, I feel that it must be very weird for Stendel having Levein hanging around like a proper bad smell, it's just not right, and if he truly had the clubs best intentions at heart, then he'd just piss off and leave Stendel to mop the utter carnage that he's left behind, he should be ashamed of the shitfest he's left at Hearts! 

Thank you Craig for the last 3 years o utter crap football.for ruining my match day experience ,and turning the hearts support into the gorgie tartan army(good bevvy  before and after the game but the football's murder).The utter turmoil you have caused is fantastic.thanks again

If he had any sense of decency, he would do the honourable thing, fall on his sword & walk away without taking another penny from our club. His presence in any capacity is draining. A good player? Without question. But never a legend, & any reverence he may have had evaporates daily.

When Rino Gattuso left Milan he waived the remainder of his contract. Leechvein though clings onto us and bleeds us for every penny. Some Hearts man. 🖕

On 15/12/2019 at 10:44, kimosavi said:

Great post Kimo. Out with my ST’s and FOH subscription, I won’t be putting in another penny of my hard earned cash till all these charlatans have gone from our beloved club. Almost £20k a year spent to feel as miserable as hell and Saturdays ruined. I’ve had it with this lot of chancers. I sit with other like minded people and the feeling is we’ve been sold a dead duck. The 3rd highest wage Bill to be sitting joint bottom. We’ll be on our own at the bottom after the sheep visit. Two home wins in one calendar year. We have become a laughing stock of Scottish football.

Only once CL and his merry band of wage thieves have been removed will I put money back in 

Just now, Jambo Hardhat said:

Great post Kimo. Out with my ST’s and FOH subscription, I won’t be putting in another penny of my hard earned cash till all these charlatans have gone from our beloved club. Almost £20k a year spent to feel as miserable as hell and Saturdays ruined. I’ve had it with this lot of chancers. I sit with other like minded people and the feeling is we’ve been sold a dead duck. The 3rd highest wage Bill to be sitting joint bottom. We’ll be on our own at the bottom after the sheep visit. Two home wins in one calendar year. We have become a laughing stock of Scottish football.

Only once CL and his merry band of wage thieves have been removed will I put money back in 

20K a year ?

Shit, think I’ll need to up my game a bit here !

😟

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

When Rino Gattuso left Milan he waived the remainder of his contract. Leechvein though clings onto us and bleeds us for every penny. Some Hearts man. 🖕

Do the right thing Levein and leave. 

If you take it at face value,  Levein is there but not involved in any meaningful way.    People want rid of him completely and that's all very well but what actual difference does it make?    

If he was off the payroll but still wanted to attend matches,    would he have to be barred?     If the notion that there remain a person called Levein still around,    does he have to be disguised and locked up in a remote dungeon somewhere like the man in the iron mask?

55 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If you take it at face value,  Levein is there but not involved in any meaningful way.    People want rid of him completely and that's all very well but what actual difference does it make?    

If he was off the payroll but still wanted to attend matches,    would he have to be barred?     If the notion that there remain a person called Levein still around,    does he have to be disguised and locked up in a remote dungeon somewhere like the man in the iron mask?

Sounds like a plan to me! 👍

On 14/12/2019 at 20:31, GinRummy said:

He should never ever have  been given the cash to spend (on wages) this summer. Anybody who doubts this should have a look at the 19 signings he made last season. Those exempting Ann from blame should consider just how much of the fans cash has been squandered on shite.

The worry is that she has not ruled him or McPhee out of the running for the SD role.

On 05/12/2019 at 12:43, Rods said:

I am an optimist at Heart and prefer to look at the positives. 

Last night has totally changed my perspective though we are a team that are either to old or to young, Injury prone or just gutless. I am beginning to get the fear that we could be in for a relegation battle.

It won't be a battle this team haven't got what it takes for a battle they are all gutless. If Stendel turns this team around and manages to collect any points between now and the winter break then he is a true miracle worker.

I just hope that AB can support him in letting him bring in the players he needs in January.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I can see the argument for keeping him around before Stendel came in, I didn’t agree with it but if we were on the hook for his contract why not have him contributing.

Now that Stendel is in and has identified the staff he wants we need to pay the money to bring them in and pay the money to get the old regime out, they certainly won’t be volunteering to walk away (why would they?)

Ann Budge is to blame for sticking with Levein for too long as manager, how people can be happy with her sticking with him in his current capacity (not even sure what that is) beggars belief.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It doesn’t really help if Budge still wants him at the club.

16 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

It doesn’t really help if Budge still wants him at the club.

This is the point! I cannot fault much that AB has done while in charge other than let CL run the show regarding the football side of things. She gave him far too much rope and he squandered a hell of a lot of money on a bunch of duffers during the summer when we really should have had a new manager spending that money. We are now left in a situation where we have a new manager... who is sadly tied to the dross that CL brought in. It is going to be a tough road for Stendel with that bunch of no hopers I only hope he can get some player movement during the next window.

On 31/10/2019 at 20:20, RudiHMFC said:

Thank you Craig Levein for showing me how bad it can actually get supporting hearts, I will now always be grateful when we win games and string a couple of passes together.

Aye but it's the best squad of players we have ever had according to Mrs Budge.

• davemclaren locked this topic