Thank you Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Shame about the last year in charge but will always be a Hearts legend in my eyes. Thanks Craig.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It should have been ten

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Bridge of Djoum

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Lol, no they're not. You probably think that the messages that folk write on RIP threads are written in the hope that the recently departed person will read them from beyond the grave too. :D There's less than minimal possibility that Craig will ever read this thread, and the vast majority of we grown ups are well aware of that. We're just expressing our opinions, and yes emotions, about what's happened.

So, thanking a club servant for at least having tried, and wishing him luck for the future is now treated as "arse licking"? You've made my evening, 1874robbo, you cuddly Neanderthal you. :D

:lol: upset much

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

So by same token did you believe that all your moaning had any effect. 

Strange comment from someone I respect 

No, it had no effect.

results eventually did though thankfully.

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

C8D6B2CD-3E6E-4DA6-B571-588A4D4A7D26.jpeg

Just for you, I added up the real numbers since the day Levein took over. They're not great, but they tell a more truthful story.

Only the top nine teams have been in the top league three years running.

Celtic 187

Rangers 169

Aberdeen 146

Kilmarnock 142

Hibs 123

Motherwell 112

Hearts 104

St Johnstone 98

Hamilton 68

Dundee 59

Livingston 57

St Mirren 40

Ross County 39

Partick 33

Edited by tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Just for you, I added up the real numbers since the day Levein took over. They're not great, but they tell a more truthful story.

Only the top nine teams have been in the top league three years running.

Celtic 187

Rangers 169

Aberdeen 146

Kilmarnock 142

Hibs 123

Motherwell 112

Hearts 104

St Johnstone 98

Hamilton 68

Dundee 59

Livingston 57

St Mirren 40

Ross County 39

Partick 33

So basically the comment, which is from the BBC report, is wrong as it should be Hamilton and St Johnstone. Wow. Soooo much better.

🤣🙄

I thought Craig looked like a haunted man during last night's interview and probably his Health was suffering so he is best out of it. He should have went back upstairs at the end of last season and most fans would have accepted it but he was too stubborn to see it. Horrible to see Michael Stewart smirking at the news but he will need to find someone else to carry on a vendetta against in future. 

7 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

For overseeing our record-breaking return from the Championship.

For the historic 4-0 against Celtic.

For restoring Natural Order against Hibs, through results like the Scottish Cup and the other week.

For taking us to a cup final which we fought all the way in.

It didn't work out and it's right that he's gone, but he's a PHM and the highlights of the last five years will live on longer than the many lows.

This. Thank you Mr Levein.

Was supposedly crying at full time last night. A PHM like us all. Thank you and good luck.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

THEN NOW & FOREVER

LEVEIN HEARTS LEGEND

NEVER FORGOTTEN

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

They always say that, they never do. :D

"...he is treated as some sort of god, immune to criticism or anger."

That is just so much utter bullshit. Fans have been extremely critical of him and very angry towards him, many of the same fans who are now saying "good luck" here. I don't think I've seen a single person here treat Craig Levein as a "God". You're just making it all up to justify your hatred of those who don't actually hate Levein.

It wasn't working, it's as simple as that. The club recognised the fact but it took too long to do so, the situation perhaps being masked and prolonged by the injuries we experienced. But it's done now, and we move on. What I don't get is your desire to piss all over this thread. It just comes over as childish wanton wrecking. Man up and create your own thread where you demonise Craig, for goodness sake. Leave other people to wish him luck in a thread created for that purpose.

3 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

He's a Hearts man through and through, and he played a big part in our resurrection after administration. As manager, he did his absolute best and it wasn't enough. I think it was his desperation to succeed that led to him staying far too long. Thank you for your effort, for the 4-0 against Celtic, and for restoring the natural order. 

:spoton:

Since the early '60s he was the best Hearts' defender I've seen but in my eyes he leaves with his legacy tarnished. He did not have the foresight to resign as manager after the cup final. I do wish him a long and happy retirement in the summer but some of the hypocricy on this thread is cringeworthy.

Of course he should be thanked for his service to the club, it hasn't been working out lately but he always had nothing but the best interests of the club at heart.

And personally i'm still not convinced this is going to change anything. If he had still been in charge on Sunday and a hiding resulted he would have been blamed. Who will be getting the blame if that's still the case? Who will the screams be aimed at next?

What if poor league results continue even without Levein? And what if it becomes ever more apparent that the real problem all along was just like he said that the touch of quality required to get ahead of the pack in this league is out injured and still nothing changes till it returns?

Who will the often mindless chants be aimed at if that happens? Everybody? Anybody?

I sometimes get the feeling that there is a segment who revel in the adversity simply to rant on about Levein and now he's gone will feel at a loss as to what to rant about next. And don't be surprised if some still conjure up reasons to rant about Levein.

This changes nothing till we see some results and sacking Levein isn't any guarantee they will change. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The thread where people are gathering to thank a manager that has us joint bottom of the league? A thread which never existed for Cathro? A thread which wouldn’t exist for any other manager with the record of Levein. A disaster of a thread. 

Ignore it then don't pollute it. 

8 hours ago, weehammy said:

Didn't realise Csaba had a distinguished playing career with us.

Playing career is irrelevant.

Good luck in future Craig. Inevitably he had to go this but I do have some sympathy due to our horrendous injury list this season and last. Some of the bile dished out at Levein from so called supporters beggars belief. Next? Personally I would go for Jack Ross if available.

Brauhauser2012
28 minutes ago, Lightbulb said:

Good luck in future Craig. Inevitably he had to go this but I do have some sympathy due to our horrendous injury list this season and last. Some of the bile dished out at Levein from so called supporters beggars belief. Next? Personally I would go for Jack Ross if available.

It will be a point of interest to see what happens to the injury list when the new broom comes in because with the knocks taken out the hamstrings and muscular injuries have been horrendous. Is this due to training methods etc? I can't ever remember a period quite like it and as you said, its been happening for two seasons in a row. 

Cant deny that Craig was a fantastic servant for the club. He has put a lot into the club, still does, and even continued through health scares. Yes - he should be sacked, but you can't deny the fact he loves the club and gave everything. 

HHGH 

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

Playing career is irrelevant.

Well there's your point of departure right there, that was easy eh?

10 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

:lol: upset much

Not at all. :) Given what's happened in my life, and the fact that I'm actually alive in order to say these things, I only get upset at things that are really important now. I'm just pointing out how much of a dick you're being. Consider it a public service.

Just now, redjambo said:

Not at all. :) Given what's happened in my life, and the fact that I'm actually alive in order to say these things, I only get upset at things that are really important now. I'm just pointing out how much of a dick you're being. Consider it a public service.

Ooohhhhh get you!!!

id consider you the dick though 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Well there's your point of departure right there, that was easy eh?

How was CL playing career relevant to our current situation of sitting 11th? It's not. Thanking a man who's had us in relegation form for a year 😂 jeez.

How ironic that Craig's playing career was blighted by injuries and also injuries to a number of his players has had an influence on his second managerial spell with us.  However the run of poor results and dire football was only going to end one way.  I will still remember you as one of my favourite players and in time hopefully fans will be able to forgive and forget the past year.  

20 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Ooohhhhh get you!!!

id consider you the dick though 

And you are more than entitled to. However, I'm not the one who decided to try and trash a thank you thread because my squeaky wee feelings were hurt in some way. Pretty low behaviour, imo.

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And you are more than entitled to. However, I'm not the one who decided to try and trash a thank you thread because my squeaky wee feelings were hurt in some way. Pretty low behaviour, imo.

Wasting your time with that weirdo bud, best ignored. 

23 minutes ago, TheStig said:

How was CL playing career relevant to our current situation of sitting 11th? It's not. Thanking a man who's had us in relegation form for a year 😂 jeez.

Your whole point was what's the difference between csaba and Craig.

It's pretty obvious, there's an emotional attachment and respect for the man from many. You don't share it, that's fine too, we don't all need to agree. 

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yeh but I wasn’t the one who started getting personal whilst you did.

12 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Wasting your time with that weirdo bud, best ignored. 

And another one appears :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Your whole point was what's the difference between csaba and Craig.

It's pretty obvious, there's an emotional attachment and respect for the man from many. You don't share it, that's fine too, we don't all need to agree. 

I use Csaba as an example, could insert any previous manager. IMO the only one that would be worth a thanks in term of management is JJ. I understand people have affection for Levein as he was a class player but i can't thank him for these last few years as a manager.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

And another one appears :lol: 

As he’s not been on this thread I can’t name him but he’s disappeared..

A Charles Dickens character 😉.

A great servant to the club. It would have been great if Craig had managed to win a trophy with Hearts but sadly it was not to be. 

9 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I thought Craig looked like a haunted man during last night's interview and probably his Health was suffering so he is best out of it. He should have went back upstairs at the end of last season and most fans would have accepted it but he was too stubborn to see it. Horrible to see Michael Stewart smirking at the news but he will need to find someone else to carry on a vendetta against in future. 

Absolutely spot-on.

11 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I use Csaba as an example, could insert any previous manager. IMO the only one that would be worth a thanks in term of management is JJ. I understand people have affection for Levein as he was a class player but i can't thank him for these last few years as a manager.

Yeah I got that, and no one's trying to force you to either, all I'm saying is it's pretty obvious why he's held in higher regard than csaba.

9 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Health is more important than anything and he doesn,t need the stress. Hopefully he reflects on Ann doing him a favour by ending it,

gets a new lease of life and invites Stewart to a square go.😍. Now I would pay to see that💪

hearts attack

A great player for Hearts without doubt. His managerial career has had mixed results and the last 2 seasons have been blighted by injury to core members of the team. He has worked damn hard to improve the team and club. If he had a wee bit of luck we might have been able to see the flowing football he wanted to introduce.

Thanks for all your hard work and devotion to Hearts.. Wish you well for the future and do take care of your health free from the pressure of your roles at the club.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

:lol:

Craig Levein the player.    Graceful and cultured and hard as nails.     I was lucky to see the whole of his playing career and there were few better.      A bit unlucky,   much like Robbo,   that there was so much fierce competition in the Scotland squad during his time.    Craig Levein the manager.    Highly knowlegable,  hard working and principled man.    Sadly a bit stubborn and ultimately ran out of ideas and inspiration.

His haters / torturers... a ****ing dog's jobby on the sole of his shoe.   

Jamboscanbevicius

Totally agree with the OP. The past year has not gone well but played a HUGE part in rebuilding the club that we love. A Hearts legend no question! 

It should have been ten
37 minutes ago, vintage1874 said:

A great servant to the club. It would have been great if Craig had managed to win a trophy with Hearts but sadly it was not to be. 

30 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Health is more important than anything and he doesn,t need the stress. Hopefully he reflects on Ann doing him a favour by ending it,

gets a new lease of life and invites Stewart to a square go.😍. Now I would pay to see that💪

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Craig Levein the player.    Graceful and cultured and hard as nails.     I was lucky to see the whole of his playing career and there were few better.      A bit unlucky,   much like Robbo,   that there was so much fierce competition in the Scotland squad during his time.    Craig Levein the manager.    Highly knowlegable,  hard working and principled man.    Sadly a bit stubborn and ultimately ran out of ideas and inspiration.

These 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I was also lucky enough to have watched his whole playing career. A Rolls Royce of a player who gave 100% every time he pulled on the Hearts shirt. He couldn’t wait to get back to work for the club he loves even after his heart attack. 
Would like to see the fandans banging away on their keyboards slagging him off have the balls to say it to his face! 🙈

Edited by It should have been ten

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not forgetting playing in the world cup finals. Would have played for a top English club but for injury.

Wish Craig all the best

Took the time to have a long chat at a plot ceremony and despite what some might think, he does bleed maroon

Stay healthy

HHGH

Nelly Terraces

Wow. The hypocrisy of people posting here is astonishing.:laugh2:

And just a small point - he's still at the club picking up a wage so this thread is 7 months too early.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

When does the statue thread start? 🤔

Good idea. I’ll chip in. :thumbsup:

If it doesn’t happen though, at least we can all take comfort in the fact that his name is displayed proudly on a plaque on that new stand that you put a few windows in. 👍

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good idea. I’ll chip in. :thumbsup:

If it doesn’t happen though, at least we can all take comfort in the fact that his name is displayed proudly on a plaque on that new stand that you put a few windows in. 👍

A few windows - hey that’s below the belt! 😢

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A few windows - hey that’s below the belt! 😢

Did you not? Thought you were the windaes Guy?

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Did you not? Thought you were the windaes Guy?

A very impressive glass facade my man! 👍

• davemclaren locked this topic