*** Heart of Midlothian v Rangers (League Cup Semi Final) Official Match Thread ***

kila

Just now, mscjambo said:

I think you'll see legs in the team today. Morrison, meshino etc.....

I think there may be a curve ball i there too...

read a quote from McPhee that 10 round pegs in round holes but one that wouldn’t tick this box...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

Jambo, Goodbye
39 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A threesome eh? Whatever floats yer boat!

Be nice to see morelos not looking so fekkin smug!!!

Why?  Was he at the previous threesome? 

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Same effort as at Tynecastle and we'll see what happens. Honestly think Rangers will win by a couple of clear goals, but I don't just want us to bend over and ask for more.

This is a free hit for Austin. Hope he instills that into the team.

Surprise bench place for a Mr. Naismith too...

Disagree mate. I understand we are poor but a semi final is never a free hit.

7 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

I had a dream last night !!
Berra scores a screamer from outside the box hearts win one nil.

That must’ve been a wet dream 

Up early about to go for train then onto Tynecastle for the gig before they take us through. Come on the famous 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Tough game against a team who have a far better squad than us through getting in to £14m debt. A trophy we have not won in a long time, but hey, they’ve never won it in their existence. Draw after 90 minutes. Wish we still had Levein in charge for this particular game, I think he’d have got us over the line. Untried nor tested management team not filling me with lots of confidence.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

In the respect of him putting in his application for the job, so to speak. He won't get it. But he'll be stupid not to at least try & come up with different tactics & such in a one off game. Is all.👍🏻 

Yeah that fair enough, i honestly don't know how i feel about Austin. Like everyone that comes to the club i want them to be successful but he's been here a while and it's been shite. Have no doubts he wants to win every game but there is something just not clicking for him here.

40 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Same sort of weather as scottish cup final then through there ! Let's hope for better result 

The same performance would be enough to see off The Rangers imo.

17 hours ago, Gary Deegans Teeth said:

I’ve got a spare if still looking, Section G3.

Thanks pal. Not sure what im doing - is it still spare? 

54 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

maybe Govanhill or Croft foot with plenty of side street free for parking and outside permit exclusion zone.

also there are road works at polmadie road for anyone going via m74 so will be busier than normal

Govanhill a good idea if you don’t like your car and would rather have the insurance money ... 

Off to gorgie suite now I will enjoy my day regardless of result and will be cheering boys throughout.our big game is next week IMO

Play anything like the cup final v smeltic & we have great chance.

Just have a go at them, don't  lye down to them, get stuck in about them,  cut out the defensive mistakes, keep the ball on the deck, none of this hoofing it aimlessly up the park. 

but every player has to be at their very best for Hearts to get through.

Good luck Hearts!

C'mon the famous.

HHGH

No dodgy refereeing decisions. (unless for us)

Heart 2-1 us.

Head 3-0 them.

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Govanhill a good idea if you don’t like your car and would rather have the insurance money ... 

😂

I know what you mean but some areas are better than others. 

was also thinking rutherglen as our side of stadium and pubs around too

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

Taking today out of the equation, (and I'm not a fan of him either)...I'd like him to inject a little bit of the bounce factor into hoewever many games in the league he'll get. Hopefully some wins before the next man in.

Then we'll see if the new man can dig us out the shit & salvage the season. Top 5 at this rate would be realistic.

A positive performance today would be a start. All we can do it hope and pray. Mon the hearts 🍻 

On 01/11/2019 at 23:13, CJGJ said:

Here's an example of what we need..it can be done

Paris St-Germain slumped to their third Ligue 1 defeat of the season as bottom side Dijon came from behind to stun the French champions.

Kylian Mbappe registered his seventh goal in four games with a delightful chipped finish over Dijon goalkeeper Alfred Gomis after 19 minutes.

Mounir Chouiar deservedly levelled for Stephane Jobard's strugglers deep into first-half stoppage time.

Jhonder Cadiz then completed the comeback two minutes after the restart.

Bayern got thumped 5-1 against Frankfurt too.

All very possible. Just make sure we do whats needed and let Der Hun take care of themselves. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

read a quote from McPhee that 10 round pegs in round holes but one that wouldn’t tick this box...

Dikamona

My Rangers supporting mate is watching at mine today. The weather is shit by me so the minute we concede he's getting kicked out. The second we score however I will be opening the beers (even though I've started already). I dont think we will beat them today, but there is an air of optimism on the forum this morning, so I am going to keep it going.

Come n Hearts, it is a mammoth task, but not impossible.

FTH

OFGTF

HHGH

:flagwave:   

maybe Govanhill or Croft foot with plenty of side street free for parking and outside permit exclusion zone.

also there are road works at polmadie road for anyone going via m74 so will be busier than normal

Have tended to park on the other side of the M74 (around Rosebery Terrace).  It’s about a 15 minute walk from there past the recycling centre and Asda to get to the ground.  Can then drive along towards Parkhead and on to the M74 to miss some of the traffic on the way back.

Felt like everything fell apart after the Bet Fred semi last year, let’s hope it can all start to come together with a thorough gubbing of Sevco in this years semi.

COME ON THE HEARTS.:flag1: 

Jambo, Goodbye
20 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lol. Would you invite him??

Sounds like his smugness would ruin the vibe 😒

Dika up front....🤦

I genuinely think we have a good chance of beating them. Not just because of our recent performance against them but because we have a good team who can rise to the occasion. That said, I think we'll lose 2-1.

JamboInManchester

Which bar is everyone meeting at beforehand? Clockwork Bar was good before the cup

final but not sure if this will be Hearts or Rangers.

10 minutes ago, JamboInManchester said:

Which bar is everyone meeting at beforehand? Clockwork Bar was good before the cup

final but not sure if this will be Hearts or Rangers.

Rangers end m8

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cameras pan to Leveins face in the crowd as Walker, Naismith, Souttar, Washington and Halkett line up for Hearts...

:levein2:

Levein will not be there.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Levein will not be there.

But he’s a PHM?

Just kidding - I know he will be staying away from this one :thumb:

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Tough game against a team who have a far better squad than us through getting in to £14m debt. A trophy we have not won in a long time, but hey, they’ve never won it in their existence. Draw after 90 minutes. Wish we still had Levein in charge for this particular game, I think he’d have got us over the line. Untried nor tested management team not filling me with lots of confidence.

:rofl:

OMG

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Would Smith be considered “out of position” at CB notwithstanding his form there?

Dikamona out of position might suggest him playing the “Karipidis” role

7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Decent effort. Do you know if they have sold out the remainder?

Sorry I don't understand your question. We were allocated 17k and have sold 10k as far as I know.

If you mean have they been gioven to Rangers, I have no idea.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Sorry I don't understand your question. We were allocated 17k and have sold 10k as far as I know.

If you mean have they been gioven to Rangers, I have no idea.

I mean did they sell out their initial allocation plus what we didn't sell.

3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I mean did they sell out their initial allocation plus what we didn't sell.

They've sold their additional sections that were taken back off Hearts, they had a lottery I think

Ex member of the SaS

Hearts 2 Huns 1 Would have preferred the Vermin in the final but the other half of the asre cheek will have to do.