Odds on next manager

DB-14

Is McPhee shortening not likely down to some folk placing bets, perhaps thinking that with O'Neill at Stoke, McPhee's Assistant job at NI will be gone leaving him more time to take on a full time role?  Like some others, I'd be surprise if O'Neill doesn't try to take him to Stoke. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I strongly doubt that. The sudden suggestion that McPhee had no influence is a very easy get-out for him.

His tactical handling of the League Cup semi was an embarrassment.

I don't know. Couldn't know,  but it is not going to keep the vast majority happy. 

Just can't happen. He looked lost on Sunday 

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

In this case it's £500 for MacPhee at the moment. Max stake reduces as you go down the list.

Jesus! Well that is a tad more concerning. Maybe Levein has gone in heavy.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Maybe McPhee will be in line for NI job

10/1

Robinson 9/4 favourite

14s Aaron Hughes 

I think the hearts job should be given to Stephen  naismith'  (player manager) & gary naysmith assistant,two guys that know hearts well and they are here ! Maybe bring in McCann alongside them ?? Seems a good option and safe to me .......

Walter Bishop
4 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Having watched Levein hanging around the dugout at the reserve game on Tuesday and on hearing that he was in the dressing room with players nothing will surprise me.

Heard something similar aswell, Levein still very much involved. 

6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Can see this going exactly the same way it did after Cathro and MacPhee will get the job. No high profile, experienced manager as Budge said in her press conference. Same old shite, with Daly, fox and co. all remaining in the dug out and Levein influencing in the background. Fans shat on once again. 

😨🤤 dearie me 😨🤤

MarkDevriesScores4

Through Ann’s own words, McPhee can’t be in the running. He is not high profile. Neither is Robinson, McCann or Ross. 

Keane and Moyes are literally the only 2 high profile names that are quoted on the bookies list now and I can’t see us getting either.

if we end up with McPhee, I’ll continue living in exile from tynecastle. The line up for the cup game last weekend was as bad if not worse than levein and I have no belief in that at all.

18 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I would never willingly wish a defeat on us but if it takes a St Mirren win tomorrow to get the message across that MacPhee is not the man for the job, I would take it right now! 

Get a grip! In a sea of moronic posts on this forum, this is possibly the worst of the lot. 

23 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Eduard Malofeyev was born in Siberia, so depend on your definition of "european".

Anatoliy Korobochka was from Crimea.

Siberia is part of the Russian federation and therefore European even if geographically it is in Asia.

Whether we consider Crimea to be  part of Ukraine or Russia or both, it's also European.

Austin will not get the manager's job.  No way.

The SD job is another matter.  And the thing is, I think he'd be very good at that job too.  His technical knowledge, strategising and contacts are his strengths.  Remember, we essentially stole him from under the nose of the SFA, who wanted to appoint him when Mark Wotte left.

Whether he sees his path in coaching/management would be the block if we wanted him, I guess, and if O'Neil came asking for him for Stoke, he'd maybe well go.  I think would be a loss to the club from the points of view stated above, but not one we couldn't replace.

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Heard something similar aswell, Levein still very much involved. 

Seriously, who would take this job with CL still floating about the club. It’s an absolutely mental situation. 

Adam_the_legend
Just now, TheBigO said:

The SD job is another matter.  And the thing is, I think he'd be very good at that job too.  His technical knowledge, strategising and contacts are his strengths.  Remember, we essentially stole him from under the nose of the SFA, who wanted to appoint him when Mark Wotte left.

Whether he sees his path in coaching/management would be the block if we wanted him, I guess, and if O'Neil came asking for him for Stoke, he'd maybe well go.  I think would be a loss to the club from the points of view stated above, but not one we couldn't replace.

Strengths? Has he just been hiding these for the last 3 years?? He’s been a failure and needs to leave, can’t believe it’s even being debated 

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Having watched Levein hanging around the dugout at the reserve game on Tuesday and on hearing that he was in the dressing room with players nothing will surprise me.

If this is true he was in the dressing room then that's an absolute disgrace and questions need answered 

Moyes isnt interested. Adams went to Morecambe. Ross looks likely to go to Hibs. Robinson is being eyed up for the NI job and made it clear he is happy at Motherwell. Wright is a no go. Austin looks like he'll be joining O'Neill at Stoke City. Jefferies is too old. Neilson seems to be happy at Utd. I think we'll make a move for Robertson or Holt at Livi. There isnt any obvious candidates. I wouldnt mind us taking a risk in Gemmill.

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Strengths? Has he just been hiding these for the last 3 years?? He’s been a failure and needs to leave, can’t believe it’s even being debated 

HE brought in Lafferty and Smith, to name two.  Also instrumental in getting in Ryo (I know jury still out).

These are the types of things he would be doing in that role, as well as overseeing the academy and its staff.  Stuff we wouldn't see.

You and I don't know if he's good at that, to be frank.  I'm saying he seems to be held in high regard for the types of duties that an SD job would entail.  He wouldn't be coaching, which is what we have seen him do and, evidently it would seem, fail at (again we don't know how hampered he's been, but he's certainly been part of a helluva lot of gobshite)

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

Moyes isnt interested. Adams went to Morecambe. Ross looks likely to go to Hibs. Robinson is being eyed up for the NI job and made it clear he is happy at Motherwell. Wright is a no go. Austin looks like he'll be joining O'Neill at Stoke City. Jefferies is too old. Neilson seems to be happy at Utd. I think we'll make a move for Robertson or Holt at Livi. There isnt any obvious candidates. I wouldnt mind us taking a risk in Gemmill.

There are always load of out of work managers in England just looking for a chance.  Many of them very unlucky to lose jobs like Darren Moore or Chris Hughton.  The risk is getting the right one and not getting "Heckingbottomed".

I have a feeling the appointment, if not RObinson (which doesn't excite me), will come from that pool.

Wouldn't mind Robbo at all.  Holt a huge risk as the goss seems to be his no 2 runs the show, but club wouldn't want him due to baggage.  I like Holt, seems a good lad, but not sure he's ready for Hearts.

41 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I would never willingly wish a defeat on us but if it takes a St Mirren win tomorrow to get the message across that MacPhee is not the man for the job, I would take it right now! 

Embarrassing post. You would rather see us bottom of the table after 12 games rather than give an opportunity to a coach who has only had one match as interim manger against an Old Firm team. Last Sunday was extremely poor yes but I am fairly certain that over the last 3 years the manager chooses the players and formation. Leave off 

Edited by JamTarts51

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

HE brought in Lafferty and Smith, to name two.  Also instrumental in getting in Ryo (I know jury still out).

These are the types of things he would be doing in that role, as well as overseeing the academy and its staff.  Stuff we wouldn't see.

You and I don't know if he's good at that, to be frank.  I'm saying he seems to be held in high regard for the types of duties that an SD job would entail.  He wouldn't be coaching, which is what we have seen him do and, evidently it would seem, fail at (again we don't know how hampered he's been, but he's certainly been part of a helluva lot of gobshite)

Do you know how I know he’s shit. He’s been AM to 2 Managers for the last 3 years and it has coincided with some terrible form. He is obviously not completely to blame but CL and they whole bootroom need to share the responsibility. Rewarding failure never produces positive results so he needs to exit the club. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The SFA are ****ing clueless mate. Them going after McPhee is probably more evidence that he’s a dud.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

There are always load of out of work managers in England just looking for a chance.  Many of them very unlucky to lose jobs like Darren Moore or Chris Hughton.  The risk is getting the right one and not getting "Heckingbottomed".

I have a feeling the appointment, if not RObinson (which doesn't excite me), will come from that pool.

Wouldn't mind Robbo at all.  Holt a huge risk as the goss seems to be his no 2 runs the show, but club wouldn't want him due to baggage.  I like Holt, seems a good lad, but not sure he's ready for Hearts.

I also believe we will approach someone who is currently unattached to a club and from down south. I think we are looking to avoid paying a compensation fee for a new manager.

MarkDevriesScores4

My worry now is what qualifies as “high profile and experienced” in Mrs Budge’s eyes. To me, 90% of the names being banded about do not fit this description  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Do you know how I know he’s shit. He’s been AM to 2 Managers for the last 3 years and it has coincided with some terrible form. He is obviously not completely to blame but CL and they whole bootroom need to share the responsibility. Rewarding failure never produces positive results so he needs to exit the club. 

100 per cent.

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I honestly don’t think Austin has a chance. Every win is precious at the moment.

If McPhee doesn’t get sacked our support will not be happy because his hands are all over the shambles we have witnessed under Cathro and Levein. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

My worry now is what qualifies as “high profile and experienced” in Mrs Budge’s eyes. To me, 90% of the names being banded about do not fit this description  

Tbf, we have to be realistic about who will actually come here. But Budge does talk some shite

3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Names banded about by the press who are either shit scared at this opportunity or are working for the Old Firm.

Edited by Armageddon

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Both terms are fairly ambiguous. High profile where? Scotland? The term could be used for Neil McCann, John Robertson and more.

Experienced. Well Robinson has managed 2 clubs, that’s experience. 

Moyes, Keane and O’Neill were always very unlikely.

Just now, Gorillajam said:

I also believe we will approach someone who is currently unattached to a club and from down south. I think we are looking to avoid paying a compensation fee for a new manager.

Not sure that will be the main factor, it's more that that's our market.  Not unlike getting players.  You may get the odd guy who is on the up and you get him, but odds on most L1&2 managers doing well will have eyes set on Championship jobs and the money that brings.  So where we're looking is someone who is proven to a large degree but got binned in Championship because it is silly, rather than anything they hugely did wrong.  Darren Moore fits that bill.  Others will too.

I still like Nathan Jones.  He failed massively at Stoke, so it'd be a risk though.  I think Stoke were the issue, not him, if that makes sense, but it'd be a risk.

I think this type of appointment has a touch more risk, but also greater potential pay-off.  Getting in Steve Robinson, probably just about guarantees top 6 every year, and we'll win more than lose, but I don't think it'll ever be exciting as such.

The only name not officially confirmed as being 100% OUT is Roy Keane, now there was a very early stake of £1k placed and he's never moved out the top 3 in the betting.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Exactly! See when our wee bitches along the city got rid of downthebottom they also got shot of his assistant which way it should be while we've still got the cancer levein around the club aswell as his assistant ! Losers mentality 

4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I can't believe she actually came out with that publically.  Was a PR brain fart.  Anyone appointed will be held against that statement and it's not what we need.

We need everyone to get on board with the appointment, but she's given everyone from the press to our more negative-set supporters an instant stick to beat her and the club with.

Daft.  Personally, I'm forgetting she said it!

6 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

It's not Mrs Budge that is bandying names about.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The SFA are ****ing clueless mate. Them going after McPhee is probably more evidence that he’s a dud.

Spot on.

NaturalOrder74

Just put us out our misery Anne, after a long list of applicants Craig and myself have decided the best option is already with us after a 1-0 win against St Mirren, congratulations MacPhee, Three year deal

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, graygo said:

It's not Mrs Budge that is bandying names about.

That's true but nothing can be ruled out with her while levein still in her ear ! Weeks before levein was appointed and we were interviewing an employe of hearts brother was posting all over Facebook levein was getting the jo 

Folk still greeting about Levein lol.

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly! See when our wee bitches along the city got rid of downthebottom they also got shot of his assistant which way it should be while we've still got the cancer levein around the club aswell as his assistant ! Losers mentality 

Cancer? Away and take a flying **** you arsehole.

Edited by BobbyJenkins

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yes, the same people that think big Malky is the man to develope the game.

After the last two appointments, I'm not confident at all that Dr Budge will make a good choice this time.

I'm not sure it's worth getting too excited one way or the other based bookies' odds though? :unsure:

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If McPhee doesn’t get sacked our support will not be happy because his hands are all over the shambles we have witnessed under Cathro and Levein. 

You speaking for all of us now then? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Folk still greeting about Levein lol.

Cancer? Away and take a flying **** you arsehole.

He is like a bad smell we can't get rid off in my opinion ! We only club that rewards failure 

Edited by Selkirkhmfc1874

MarkDevriesScores4

Genuinely believe that if Austin gets the job, the crowds will still stay away, the protests will continue and Ann will have lost the fans completely. He’s had about 3-4 games as 1st team manager so isn’t experienced and is certainly not high profile.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Behave yourself.

It's a fact our wee bitches got shot of the manager and his assistant while our losers mentality makes another job title for our failed manager and if rumours are to be believed our failed assistant manager is in running for main job 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Genuinely believe that if Austin gets the job, the crowds will still stay away, the protests will continue and Ann will have lost the fans completely. He’s had about 3-4 games as 1st team manager so isn’t experienced and is certainly not high profile.

Totally agree but nothing would surprise me with our losers mentality