• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

It is all about lack of fight, lack of digging in, this and that. 

we didn’t realise how long was left...eh!

When is he going to say it is miles off, no where near good enough and the quality on show is shocking. 

He’s concerned about the inconsistency? What inconsistency?

Cant accept that - we are extremely consistent - absolute sh**e  consistently

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Still confident that he can turn it round!

That was the worrying bit from the Robbo interview the rest of which was quoted by some bumptious Budge/Levein admirer earlier in the week as proof that Levein is still the answer. 

2 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

his voice was breaking there

he`l be gone after Sunday

Yet another thing he has broken:phface:

Governor Tarkin
48 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Sure.

I love a swipe at Tosh but he's gen-up on this one.

20 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

God only knows what the atmosphere in the dressing room is like now. Steve MacLean can be as s#### as he likes and he'll play. Young players like Keena and Henderson get 15 minute here and there and it doesn't matter how they play they're likely to be out of the squad next game. Smith, Hickey, Berra, Whellan; surely good enough for this league but they don't seem able to lift the team. Dikamona never lets us down but is always on the bench. Cochrane looks like he's suffering from over exposure too young. What the F### is going on?

No fight, no tactics, no heart. 

New aeroplane banner in the making there. It worked  to get rid of Robbie! 

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Just let that sink in , one goals in 450 minutes of football.

said this on another thread.... we have absolutely nothing in the final third and don’t look like we are going to create any chances, never mind score goals.

it would be interesting to see how many goals we have actually scored in the past year that haven’t been from a set piece or penalty! 

tonight was atrocious! Wasn’t one moment in the game where I thought, oh chance here, or got off my seat in anticipation, absolute nothing!

John mcCartney
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Was it? He sounded emotionless to me.

with getting it bone dry from the away contingent and a tightening of the screw from the journo

i reckon the penny has finally dropped with his self delusion

a plane gig would be the nail in his fecking coffin

pettigrewsstylist
15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

It is all about lack of fight, lack of digging in, this and that. 

we didn’t realise how long was left...eh!

When is he going to say it is miles off, no where near good enough and the quality on show is shocking. 

He’s concerned about the inconsistency? What inconsistency?

Last sentence is a standing count imo 😉

he should have gone after the cup final and left along with his awful cohorts to at least have a tiny bit of integrity intact. AB must wield the axe now and completely restructure our club both on and off the park otherwise we are heading for relegation with a whimper!

I have to say ……….

That was painful.

Probably the worst game of football that I have ever seen and undoubtedly the worst I have ever seen from a Hearts team.

I will be very surprised if Levein doesn't resign in the morning.

1 hour ago, flem said:

This might be the worst performance of the season. Yet I feel like I find myself thinking that after every game. 

one of the worst performances I have ever seen from Hearts. Spineless, gutless and clueless and a relegation performance for sure. St Johnstone were woeful but much better than us. Brutal stuff

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I have to say ……….

That was painful.

Probably the worst game of football that I have ever seen and undoubtedly the worst I have ever seen from a Hearts team.

Poignant....

13 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

one of the worst performances I have ever seen from Hearts. Spineless, gutless and clueless and a relegation performance for sure. St Johnstone were woeful but much better than us. Brutal stuff

St Johnstone weren't better than us.

But the rest of your post is entirely accurate.

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Just let that sink in , one goals in 450 minutes of football.

More worryingly, how many chances have been made 

3/4?

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

St Johnstone weren't better than us.

But the rest of your post is entirely accurate.

Part of the problem tho. 

Every game is the same. 

Slogfest, 50/50 but 9/10 we don't score first and /or lose. 

Even with injuries, we should be creating more and scoring more. 

Even just on % football we should be winning more. 

We have no goals, we won't win football games. 

We'll improve under CL or another as players come back but it's gone too far now. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

More worryingly, how many chances have been made 

3/4?

And none of them good chances. Probably the best being Berras.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Part of the problem tho. 

Every game is the same. 

Sligfest, 50/50 but 9/10 we don't score first and /or lose. 

Even with injuries, we should be creating more and scoring more. 

Even just on % football we should be winning more. 

We have no goals, we won't win football games. 

We'll improve under CL or another as players come back but it's gone too far now. 

Agreed.

Dreadful performance, absolutely ****ing dreadful.

Boring, slow, ponderous, predictable side to side then backwards football.

Extra time board goes up and we get 4 minutes of desperate howitzers launched up towards Berra.

Pass marks to Smith and, err, that’s about it.

How this has been allowed to drag on so long is beyond belief.

The sooner all the muppets running our club are gone the better.

portobellojambo1

That tonight was just pure and utter fecking garbage, against the worst St Johnstone side I can ever remember seeing in recent years, and they matched us all the way.

And we didn't lose tonight because players were out injured, and we aren't sudddenly going to spring back to life when one or two come in. We lost tonight because there was no plan in place, no strategy, no leadership in fact absolutely nothing. That performance tonight had relegation material splattered all over it, we are a rapidly sinking ship that needs new leadership to change the direction. As for Sunday coming, all we can do is hope that Rangers don't score early on or it could get frightening.

49 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I have to say ……….

That was painful.

Prepare to be surprised.

I am just home from McDiarmid. I have seen some really shockingly bad games following Hearts over the years, some absolute stinkers, like getting smashed by four and five goals at home by teams like Dundee United and Kilmarnock and the 2013/14 season we went down had some brutal moments. Come on, we've all been there, we can all remember games that will live long in the memory but tonight was a torture chamber. One shot can I recall from tonight's game and even then it barely even earns that title as it did not trouble the keeper. 

The one game that reminded me of tonight was 21 years ago, the day we lost 2-0 against Dundee at Dens in 1998. That howler of a performance which left us rooted to the bottom of the league and ended with around 80 fans shouting "Robinson Robinson Get Tae F***" at the fringe of the terrace. It was a diabolical performance.Tonight had the same sheer lack of appetite and shocking ineptitude followed by the multiple chants of "I Want You To Go, I Want You To Go, Craig Levein, I Want You To Go." 

Last year, the night we drew 2-2, in the very same spot as tonight at McDiarmid Park, my dad finally convinced me that Levein is not up to the task. I don't know what else it will take but his time is up. I have supported the man almost every day of his tenure but some of the players he has brought in have been woeful and tonight was as bad as anything I can remember seeing, granted I was not around as some of the old guard on here were for the '70s. 

Tonight, it became astonishingly clear that this year will be a relegation battle. Time to go while there is a still a chance of survival. 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

I have to say ……….

That was painful.

User name from Italy, backbone from France. Casual changing of tact here. He was two games from being a legend according to you. Reply with what you like absolutely knew you would start to snake your way out your Levein love in.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'm sure they'd respond better to supportive noises from us as opposed to abuse.

sadly, Whelan and Berra apart, we don't seem to have players with the mental strength to perform regardless of the manager.

I agree with this. When the change comes, be it now or in a few weeks, we need to get behind these players. They're not the problem here. I don't see a lack of effort, I see a chronic lack of confidence in themselves and in the style/formation they're being asked to play, and a fear of making a mistake in the final third meaning we do nowt. Even Whelan, for all his experience, is struggling. He fell on his erse trying to take a corner on the left side. Mental. 

I was embarrassed with the reaction to White when him and Smith came to the away end at full times. 

I still think we've got a decent squad here, and they should get a clean slate under a new head coach. 

40 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Dreadful performance, absolutely ****ing dreadful.

Boring, slow, ponderous, predictable side to side then backwards football.

Extra time board goes up and we get 4 minutes of desperate howitzers launched up towards Berra.

Pass marks to Smith and, err, that’s about it.

How this has been allowed to drag on so long is beyond belief.

The sooner all the muppets running our club are gone the better.

34 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That tonight was just pure and utter fecking garbage, against the worst St Johnstone side I can ever remember seeing in recent years, and they matched us all the way.

And we didn't lose tonight because players were out injured, and we aren't sudddenly going to spring back to life when one or two come in. We lost tonight because there was no plan in place, no strategy, no leadership in fact absolutely nothing. That performance tonight had relegation material splattered all over it, we are a rapidly sinking ship that needs new leadership to change the direction. As for Sunday coming, all we can do is hope that Rangers don't score early on or it could get frightening.

These two posts pretty much sum it up for me. No point talking about individual performances because the issue is the tactics and manager's inability to raise the tempo of the team against bottom 6 teams, especially away from home. Struggling to make chances but repeatedly ended up with the ball deep in central defence when we started with a throw in or free kick well inside the St Johnstone half. Agree that Smith was the only one to perform OK and even he made some shocking mistakes. Levein is dragging players backwards.

Absolutely gutted at this result.

I couldn't care lessabout the semi-final. I know it's been said countless times before. but we must beat St Mirren in  two weeks time. That's more important than Sundays game.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

You more than most Francis will recall my valiant efforts to convince fans to join the FoH. However, nothing appears to matter to Budge and Levein, and I feel this is my only way of showing my contempt to those in charge!

Fair enough. Good luck but I fear those in charge won't listen. If Levein isn't sacked tomorrow I may join you. It is getting beyond a joke.

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Absolutely gutted at this result.

I couldn't care lessabout the semi-final. I know it's been said countless times before. but we must beat St Mirren in  two weeks time. That's more important than Sundays game.

And how sad is that?

36 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I agree with this. When the change comes, be it now or in a few weeks, we need to get behind these players. They're not the problem here. I don't see a lack of effort, I see a chronic lack of confidence in themselves and in the style/formation they're being asked to play, and a fear of making a mistake in the final third meaning we do nowt. Even Whelan, for all his experience, is struggling. He fell on his erse trying to take a corner on the left side. Mental. 

I was embarrassed with the reaction to White when him and Smith came to the away end at full times. 

I still think we've got a decent squad here, and they should get a clean slate under a new head coach. 

When a new manager comes in the one thing he and the players can count on is they will have the backing of the support .

what happened with Smith and White ?

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

When a new manager comes in the one thing he and the players can count on is they will have the backing of the support .

what happened with Smith and White ?

They both had the balls to come to applaud the away support - White got absolute pelters, while Smith, who  didn't contribute any more or less, didn't. 

2 minutes ago, blairdin said:

They both had the balls to come to applaud the away support - White got absolute pelters, while Smith, who  didn't contribute any more or less, didn't. 

Suppose it’s just frustration and anger getting vented but I’d rather it was aimed solely at Levein and his cohorts and not the players .

Fair play to you (and everyone else) who went tonight tho 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

In modern football it's not enough to just slowly improve. Even if we pick up a couple of wins over the next few weeks with some injured players back, the damage has been done. Fans are fickle but not that fickle. People need a reason to shell out 50 odd quid or whatever (way more than that for families) to pitch up on a Saturday. It needs to be exciting, they need some hope. Levein offers none of that. Our crowds under him in his first spell dipped to levels that were relatively low considering our successive third place finishes. Us exiting admin, FOH, the promotion season, new stand, higher attendances etc. was supposed to be the start of something special. It's a scandal and a tragedy that this is where we are at this stage. It must end. A couple of wins and a fit Steven Naismith ain't going to cut it. Not by a ****ing long shot. This club has so much potential right now and we're pissing every last drop of it away. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

2 hours ago, Highlander said:

I am just home from McDiarmid. I have seen some really shockingly bad games following Hearts over the years, some absolute stinkers, like getting smashed by four and five goals at home by teams like Dundee United and Kilmarnock and the 2013/14 season we went down had some brutal moments. Come on, we've all been there, we can all remember games that will live long in the memory but tonight was a torture chamber. One shot can I recall from tonight's game and even then it barely even earns that title as it did not trouble the keeper. 

The one game that reminded me of tonight was 21 years ago, the day we lost 2-0 against Dundee at Dens in 1998. That howler of a performance which left us rooted to the bottom of the league and ended with around 80 fans shouting "Robinson Robinson Get Tae F***" at the fringe of the terrace. It was a diabolical performance.Tonight had the same sheer lack of appetite and shocking ineptitude followed by the multiple chants of "I Want You To Go, I Want You To Go, Craig Levein, I Want You To Go." 

Last year, the night we drew 2-2, in the very same spot as tonight at McDiarmid Park, my dad finally convinced me that Levein is not up to the task. I don't know what else it will take but his time is up. I have supported the man almost every day of his tenure but some of the players he has brought in have been woeful and tonight was as bad as anything I can remember seeing, granted I was not around as some of the old guard on here were for the '70s. 

Tonight, it became astonishingly clear that this year will be a relegation battle. Time to go while there is a still a chance of survival. 

I totally agree with this post. I was there tonight and was around in the 70's and this ranks as as bad as it gets. 

Leveins Battalion
7 hours ago, Spoleto said:

I have to say ……….

That was painful.

Well said.

7 hours ago, Spoleto said:

I have to say ……….

That was painful.

Wow.

*faints*

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

In modern football it's not enough to just slowly improve. Even if we pick up a couple of wins over the next few weeks with some injured players back, the damage has been done. Fans are fickle but not that fickle. People need a reason to shell out 50 odd quid or whatever (way more than that for families) to pitch up on a Saturday. It needs to be exciting, they need some hope. Levein offers none of that. Our crowds under him in his first spell dipped to levels that were relatively low considering our successive third place finishes. Us exiting admin, FOH, the promotion season, new stand, higher attendances etc. was supposed to be the start of something special. It's a scandal and a tragedy that this is where we are at this stage. It must end. A couple of wins and a fit Steven Naismith ain't going to cut it. Not by a ****ing long shot. This club has so much potential right now and we're pissing every last drop of it away. 

Absolutely this. 

The goodwill of the supporters is being leeched away on one bad football experiment after another. 3 seasons where we should have been kicking on but have instead gone backwards.

Make no mistake, we're effectively a third of the way through the season and we are in a dog fight for survival that we are not equipped for. We don't have the heart for a fight at all and those around us do. 

chester copperpot
11 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

That team is shite. Aww well another 0 - Hearts on the cards

Doesn't take ****ing mystic meg to get that one right.

He needs to go now!

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

No, it won’t be, Marv.

Be quiet.

One can only hope.

Hope you ok Morg. See you on the forum soon :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

One can only hope.

Hope you ok Morg. See you on the forum soon :thumbsup:

Aye fine, Marv, thanks.

Hope you are too?

:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Highlander said:

Great post. I thought about the exact same game at Dens in 1998 when I left Mcdiarmid Park last night.

We are sleepwalking into a relegation battle like we did back then.

On 29/10/2019 at 12:23, TheStig said:

Getting beat 5-0 from a team bottom of the league. CL would have to go, the fury on here and in the stands would be at riot level.

Seems you were right - it was a must win, and didn't even take 5 goals

Never have I been so delighted to be wrong!! :)