• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

"Jamie Walker, Steven Naismith, Aidy White and Loic Damour are all pushing to be involved in the vital Premiership match at McDiarmid Park."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/four-hearts-players-could-return-injury-against-st-johnstone-820974

I'd almost forgotten all about Walker!

Don’t understand the seethe on here at times. We are 8 points of 4th place and 9 points of 3rd place.

Levein is changing his name by deed poll to the breaking bad character Saul Goodman. This is to confuse the support when singing ‘we want you to go.’

I’ll be with the minority of fans who are travelling up for this as I’ve nothing better to do with my Wednesday nights than follow the famous. Two victories this week and all is forgotten and forgiven.

Steven Naismith to make a rare appearance. Rarer  than a speckled winged, double beaked flying dodo.

Saul Goodman! 

HHGH

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I think we'll see Naismith, Walker, and Whelan back for Sunday.

But with no match practice how long would they last

10 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Don’t understand the seethe on here at times. We are 8 points of 4th place and 9 points of 3rd place.

Levein is changing his name by deed poll to the breaking bad character Saul Goodman. This is to confuse the support when singing ‘we want you to go.’

I’ll be with the minority of fans who are travelling up for this as I’ve nothing better to do with my Wednesday nights than follow the famous. Two victories this week and all is forgotten and forgiven.

Steven Naismith to make a rare appearance. Rarer  than a speckled winged, double beaked flying dodo.

Saul Goodman! 

HHGH

Good lord...where are we going to get 8 or 9 points from??

letsalldothebeattie

Massive game for us. We’re bad but St Johnstone seem to be a hell of a lot worse than us. Going for a prediction of it being a terrible game with a 1-0 win for Hearts. Don’t care who scores it I just want to see us going into Sunday with a win behind us

7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

But with no match practice how long would they last

Oh goodness knows, I'm more concerned with how long they'll be out again afterwards.

50 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Saul Goodman! 

HHGH

Have you seen this Hearts team? They can't score 1 or 2 goals never mind getting points. I appreciate your optimism but this could and should be Levein's last game. 

Edited by Class of 75

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Tenor said:

"Jamie Walker, Steven Naismith, Aidy White and Loic Damour are all pushing to be involved in the vital Premiership match at McDiarmid Park."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/four-hearts-players-could-return-injury-against-st-johnstone-820974

Having read that article I'm none the wiser as to who will be available and when.

13 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Have you seen this Hearts team? They can't score 1 or 2 goals never mind getting points. I appreciate your optimism but this could and should be Levein's last game. 

Aberdeen Hibs Rangers

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Having read that article I'm none the wiser as to who will be available and when.

This.  Levein said last week he was going to stop giving injury updates and here he is again spouting the same pish to the media.  Covering his arse because he knows once the team is announced that folk will turn the car round and drive home.  

I glazed over the Walker and Naismith stuff and focused on the fact that Whelan and Ryo are almost definitely out.  I’m therefore sticking by my line up I posted the other day

Pereira

Brandon

Smith

Berra

Hickey

Morrison

Irving

Damour

Clare

Keena

Uche

Doesnt make great reading if you’re planning a trip up to Perth in the freezing cold after a long day at work.

14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The scariest part of that article is that completion of two days full training = being signed off as fit and ready to return to first team action... and we wonder why players keep on getting injured!!

I’m struggling to understand why we even bother with a pre-season, given that two days of training means you are tickety-boo and good to go,  also confused as to how Vanecek managed to fail to be judged fit enough to play in 6 months.

1 hour ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Saul Goodman! 

HHGH

We've played 10 league games and won one. If you think that's in anyway acceptable then that's your call.

Let's not forget our form throughout the entire year.

HillmanHearts

My prediction  :

Damour and Whyte in the 11 Wednesday with Walker on bench. Whelan kept for Sunday. Naisy sub on Sunday.

St Johnstone 1 Hearts 1

Rangers 3 Hearts 0

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

As long as st Johnstone don't go down to 10 men we should be fine. 

😂

Edited by kingantti1874

Won once there in 17 years or something like that.

One nil St J and bottom of the league going into November.

:fonzie:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Won once there in 17 years or something like that.

One nil St J and bottom of the league going into November.

:fonzie:

You expecting St Mirren to get something at Celtic Park?

30 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Yes, he seemed to say a lot but imparted almost zero information.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

You expecting St Mirren to get something at Celtic Park?

Ha, how sad that instead of someone calling me out to being a negative prick it is referenced that St Mirren have to pick up a point at Parkhead in order for us to be bottom.

She has defeated us

:sob:

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ha, how sad that instead of someone calling me out to being a negative prick it is referenced that St Mirren have to pick up a point at Parkhead in order for us to be bottom.

She has defeated us

It seems so. :(

Just hope we don't score too early.  Team is not good at adjusting to the hang on to a goal lead system.  Better to score with a few minutes to go and then 'Macca' can use his lack of pace to hold on to the win.  That's what he's good at apparently

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She has defeated us

On this occasion, I don’t think you’re being negative, merely realistic.

1 hour ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Saul Goodman! 

HHGH

Hard to tell if people are on the wind up ? Given our form over the last year being optimistic it'll take us 8 or 9 games to get 9 points !  And suddenly Haring, Naismith and Walker are all going to play in 10-15 consecutive games, hard to imagine !

Bazzas right boot

Can't get beat. 

If we win this, our form is 1 defeat in 7.

If Walker, Damour, White and Naismith can play a part, come through unscathed, then suddenly Sunday doesn't look to bleak. 

Get beat. 

1 win in 11 league games, Likley second bottom. 

Not even a win on Sunday could save him, Surley?

Without Naismith or walker I struggle to see the goals, but this game I think it will be just the 1 goal anyway that separates the sides, so why not us. 

1 - 0, Clare. 

Damour, Walker and Naismith to play the last 30 mins. 

White to start. 

Go into Sunday with a tiny bit of a  swagger and a few players back. 

CL seems to have wright's number as well, reversed our shite form v them to something at least respectable. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She has defeated us

Just a fact. 

For us to be bottom we'd need to get beat and st mirren to draw. 

Not negative or positive, just maths. 

Bazzas right boot

With Mulraney out, I'd put white wide left. 

He's fast and quite a clever player. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

With Mulraney out, I'd put white wide left. 

He's fast and quite a clever player. 

Not a bad idea. I take it you'd be starting with the same back 4 as Saturday?

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The scariest part of that article is that completion of two days full training = being signed off as fit and ready to return to first team action... and we wonder why players keep on getting injured!!

I’m struggling to understand why we even bother with a pre-season, given that two days of training means you are tickety-boo and good to go,  also confused as to how Vanecek managed to fail to be judged fit enough to play in 6 months.

Fit and match fit are different 

You need to have something in place to declare folk fit, Surley. 

2 days of full training would seem OK. 

That would be days or weeks after part training as well. 

There will be science behind it. 

What do you think is OK, 3 days, a week? 

Match fit only comes with 1st team games so no amount of training really helps that, only matches. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not a bad idea. I take it you'd be starting with the same back 4 as Saturday?

I'm 50/50 on Dikamona. 

I like him, he has had a few good games but also feel like v Aberdeen he has something silly in him. 

Can see merit in starting Smith at ch, depends who's up top for them as well. 

If fit I'd go

Smith Dikamona Berra Hickey 

Whelan 

Meshino     Irving           white

Clare

Uche

Clare and Meshino can swap around.

Maybe swap Irving for Damour to start. . 

Walker, Naismith to get 30 mins. 

Goals are the problem atm. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm 50/50 on Dikamona. 

I like him, he has had a few good games but also feel like v Aberdeen he has something silly in him. 

Can see merit in starting Smith at ch, deprnds who's up top for them as well. 

If fit I'd go

Smith Dikamona Berra Hickey 

Whelan 

Meshino     Irving           white

Clare

Uche

Clare and Meshino can swap around.

Maybe swap Irving for Damour to start. . 

Walker, Naismith to get 30 mins. 

About as good as we can do tbh. Though Smith would stay central for me. Not a big fan of Brandon but Smith seems to work with Berra so he stays put.

Let’s be honest when we were hit with all the injuries I wrote off the season which is hard to take considering this might be the best season for Naisy, Whelan and ElGato.....we will not win the league, struggle to qualify for Europe but might sneak a few trips to hampden.

we have been spoiled incredibly in terms of cup wins in my lifetime compared to previous generations not to mention owning hubs for years then destroying them in 2012

i find it hard to get too upset about our form as we will not have a full strength squad with a decent injury free run 

still go to the games and support you can’t just support the team when it’s all rosy or pick to go to semis and finals which again we have had loads of recently.

I believe we will improve once our players are back but in my head that’s January unfortunately

id like to be positive but in reality I can see a score draw

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

About as good as we can do tbh. Though Smith would stay central for me. Not a big fan of Brandon but Smith seems to work with Berra so he stays put.

He does. 

Couldn't argue if Smith stayed at ch. 

Dikamona gives us more of a physical presence and gives us a goal threat at the other end, Tragic to be thinking like that tbh. 

But Smith's probably a better player even at ch. 

Can Dikamona not play right back, sure I've seen him there, can't remember if he's any good tho. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think Walker might start or get 30/40 mins. His injury not muscle related so if the bone is fixed and he is fit should be good to go.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He does. 

Couldn't argue if Smith stayed at ch. 

Dikamona gives us more of a physical presence and gives us a goal threat at the other end, Tragic to be thinking like that tbh. 

But Smith's probably a better player even at ch. 

Can Dikamona not play right back, sure I've seen him there, can't remember if he's any good tho. 

Folk on here have said he can play RB but I can't remember seeing him there.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Folk on here have said he can play RB but I can't remember seeing him there.

Right of a back 3?

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, Tenor said:

I'd forgotten about Damour!

Tokyo Drifter
42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just a fact. 

For us to be bottom we'd need to get beat and st mirren to draw. 

Not negative or positive, just maths. 

You're right. No way we'll be bottom, even if we lose.

All roads lead to Gorgie

This will probably end 1-1. Not what we need just now as wins are what we really require but the team are not being motivated enough right now. 

Come on Hearts give us a big performance and prove me wrong.