Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Vlad Magic
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Hearts won’t win the cup under Levein. The man is tactically inept and even after a full season has no idea our strongest 11 or best shape. Today he’s risked several first team players in a meaningless bounce match, 2 have been subbed off injured, one out for a long time if confirmed. Two weeks ago he was told by his star striker that he felt his hamstring go, Levein put him back out for the 2nd half and he lasted less than 2 minutes. We have not won a match in 7 games, the worst run for 6 years yet people believe that won’t matter going into the cup final. Crazy. This is Pat Fenlon’s Hibs all over again. 

People saying the work he’s done behind the scenes? What work? It certainly isn’t improving the players he has at his disposal. Clare/Wighton/Lee have made the same mistakes all season long. Souttar looks like he’s actually regressed this season. Uche doesn’t score goals and 9/10 looks like a headless chicken. He’s not improving the squad we have and it could be argued that he’s stunted the growth of some of the younger boys that featured last season with this bursting at the seam squad he’s assembled. 4 or 5 more players look to be coming in the summer, that’s more players blocking the route to the first team for this raff of amazing youth players we apparently have. So please, someone tell me the great work he’s done? Remember we where told from youth level to senior side we’d all play the same style and formation so that it created a conveyor belt of talent ready to step up. Talk me through the top teams style of play and philosophy? What is it? 

I never seen Levein play, or I wasn’t old enough to appreciate how good a player he was but I really don’t understand the people so determined to defend him. Robbo is a club legend and arguably the greatest player the club has ever seen, he’d struggle to remain as bullet proof as Levein. I have no idea how anyone can defend what we see on the park, it’s MILES AWAY from acceptable. Back to back 6th place finishes. 2 seasons running we’ve finished below hibs. Home form is a shambles, away from home not much better. Players injured nearly every week. Players playing with injuries nearly every week. Something fundamental is wrong at the club. When you strip it all back it comes back to the same persons door, Craig Levein. 

The only way he can remain at the club in any capacity after the 25th of May is a cup win. A cup win is the only thing that can make up for the truly horrendous form for near 7 months. We need to become the first side in a long time to win the cup coming off relegation form. We also have to beat a side that haven’t been beaten in cup competition for over 3 years. 

Injuries are not suffered because of whom ever is in the dugout.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

9 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Injuries are not suffered because of whom ever is in the dugout.

Every club has injuries, no one is disputing that. Other clubs have managed injuries better than us. Other clubs have built better squads than us. How we react to injuries and set up after injuries is down to the manager. Levein has failed at this. Uche played at ibrox with a broken foot. Either Uche never told Levein how bad it was or

it was totally missed. Morrison played with a slight knee niggle, that niggle became a full

rupture and he’s out for the season. Haring played with a hernia for two months. Berra has been rushed back, Naismith rushed back, smith rushed back etc. Poor management. 

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Every club has injuries, no one is disputing that. Other clubs have managed injuries better than us. Other clubs have built better squads than us. How we react to injuries and set up after injuries is down to the manager. Levein has failed at this. Uche played at ibrox with a broken foot. Either Uche never told Levein how bad it was or

it was totally missed. Morrison played with a slight knee niggle, that niggle became a full

rupture and he’s out for the season. Haring played with a hernia for two months. Berra has been rushed back, Naismith rushed back, smith rushed back etc. Poor management. 

Absolutely pathetic management.

Why did Levein allow all his top players to get injured at the same time?

Other managers don't do this.

Vlad Magic

If you were managing the club during the injuries you quoted above, what would you have done differently?

i am giving you the benefit of hindsight.

siegementality
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Are you bricking it in case we do win?

We won’t.

In fact can anybody remember the last game we won a game?!?!

Edited by siegementality

53 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Went into 98 final absolutely bouncing mate. Great season and after the finals in 96 you just felt it was coming. 2012 was also hugely exciting given the greatness of the Beattie semi and the fact it was Hibs! 

Selective amnesia

57 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Went into 98 final absolutely bouncing mate. Great season and after the finals in 96 you just felt it was coming. 2012 was also hugely exciting given the greatness of the Beattie semi and the fact it was Hibs! 

Same as me. 

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Absolutely pathetic management.

Why did Levein allow all his top players to get injured at the same time?

Other managers don't do this.

Other managers cope and don’t allow injuries to become an excuse for sub standard performances. Replace injuries this season with Cathro’s squad start of last season, then playing away from tynie, then having to play youth. He is a master of excuses and there is an element within our support who lap it up and accept it. 

12 hours ago, Finlay James said:

No one is working harder than Craig Levein to rebuild our club.  If you had any clue the work he puts in, you would never write such pish.

God is a strong term but he certainly a club legend.  He was top, top drawer as a player, brilliant as a manager first time round and has been excellent as our DOF.  In time, folk will realize just how good he has been for us but others, such as future managers, will get the credit.

WTF ?!  Do you not remember the Cathro days ? Levein stuck with him long after we all sussed out that was a failure.  Levein is a dud. He brings nothing to the club but misery and crap players.  

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Other managers cope and don’t allow injuries to become an excuse for sub standard performances. Replace injuries this season with Cathro’s squad start of last season, then playing away from tynie, then having to play youth. He is a master of excuses and there is an element within our support who lap it up and accept it. 

Other managers did not have several serious injuries to key players AT THE SAME TIME.

I'm afraid I can't make head nor tail of your penultimate sentence

That was bollocks today flinging Hughes on for a cameo fair well. Imo it lost us the game. It was not good for moral or giving confidence to the squad that we can beat the hooped demons if we turn up fighting.  

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Other managers did not have several serious injuries to key players AT THE SAME TIME.

What’s the excuse for the poor performances since they all came back? Berra, Souttar and Uche have been back for months? Naismith the only player we can even seriously call key, everyone else we have cover for, all just my opinion of course and obviously not yours. Levein is a master of excuses and we have folk in our support who accept them, pretty simple stuff. Started last season poorly, Levein said it’s due to us being away from tynie. Get back to tynie and performances don’t improve, that’s cause Levein has Cathro’s squad and it will get better. Things don’t improve and again we have an excuse as we have had to play the youngsters. Now we haven’t performed this season due to bad luck with injuries. Judge me after two transfer windows Levein said, he’s had 3 and we’ve finish 6th two seasons running. The club is failing on the park in nearly every aspect but there are still Hearts fans who will defend Levein, it’s mental. 

Vlad Magic
12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

What’s the excuse for the poor performances since they all came back? Berra, Souttar and Uche have been back for months? Naismith the only player we can even seriously call key, everyone else we have cover for, all just my opinion of course and obviously not yours. Levein is a master of excuses and we have folk in our support who accept them, pretty simple stuff. Started last season poorly, Levein said it’s due to us being away from tynie. Get back to tynie and performances don’t improve, that’s cause Levein has Cathro’s squad and it will get better. Things don’t improve and again we have an excuse as we have had to play the youngsters. Now we haven’t performed this season due to bad luck with injuries. Judge me after two transfer windows Levein said, he’s had 3 and we’ve finish 6th two seasons running. The club is failing on the park in nearly every aspect but there are still Hearts fans who will defend Levein, it’s mental. 

I will ask you again. With the benefit of hindsight again.

What would you have done differently?

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Why have you ignored Vlad Magic’s question put to you? ???

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

If you were managing the club during the injuries you quoted above, what would you have done differently?

i am giving you the benefit of hindsight.

13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Firstly if you think any player is going to come back and hit the ground running you're vastly over-expecting.  It could be argued you shouldn't play them but they only get match fitness by playing games.  Maybe you can tell us who our key players are/have been.

Secondly,  you appear to mix up the definitions of "excuses" and "reasons" and I'm not sure Levein has made any such offerings.  Many people on here have.

It should have been ten
24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Firstly if you think any player is going to come back and hit the ground running you're vastly over-expecting.  It could be argued you shouldn't play them but they only get match fitness by playing games.  Maybe you can tell us who our key players are/have been.

Secondly,  you appear to mix up the definitions of "excuses" and "reasons" and I'm not sure Levein has made any such offerings.  Many people on here have.

Wasting your time with that one mate, Busby1985 clearly doesn’t have a ‘Plan B’ to back up his answers and has resorted to blanking certain questions. 

Edited by It should have been ten

Enzo Chiefo
58 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Cathro lost Calum Patterson and John Souttar within a couple of weeks iirc, one month into his reign. Both were out for the rest of the season. Can"t remember the desperation to make excuses for the manager back then.

No surprise that we actually tried to play football today when Berra and Uche were out the team. 

Good performance today but let's not forget celtics fringe players never got out 2nd gear.

i wish jj was my dad
22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cathro lost Calum Patterson and John Souttar within a couple of weeks iirc, one month into his reign. Both were out for the rest of the season. Can"t remember the desperation to make excuses for the manager back then.

Soapy was still a developing player at the time although Dr Funk was definitely our best player by a distance.

This season we were without Berra, Souttar, Naismith and uche at the same time and Haring was far from fit.That was a complete spine. 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Soapy was still a developing player at the time although Dr Funk was definitely our best player by a distance.

This season we were without Berra, Souttar, Naismith and uche at the same time and Haring was far from fit.That was a complete spine. 

I appreciate that and agree it is the spine of the team we started the season with. Derek McInnes was also bemoaning, after the game, a season ravaged by injuries. All teams are afflicted by them and it's how you cope with them that makes or breaks your season.

Cup Final week so I’m calling a truce.

Levein and whoever he picks will get my 100% support! ❤️

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

TWO players that is by my counting and I don't think John Souttar was exactly a key player at that point, do you?

2 hours ago, UcheGang said:

No surprise that we actually tried to play football today when Berra and Uche were out the team. 

Good performance today but let's not forget celtics fringe players never got out 2nd gear.

Come on. Both are vital for the final. Would you rather have anyone else play ? 

Also, we had many fringe players also playing today in case you forgot

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Exactly. I’m no fan of CL but ffs let’s all get behind him and the boys . We can do this

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I appreciate that and agree it is the spine of the team we started the season with. Derek McInnes was also bemoaning, after the game, a season ravaged by injuries. All teams are afflicted by them and it's how you cope with them that makes or breaks your season.

Aberdeen were hit hard as well your right.  Both us and them can’t afford to lose 3-5 first team automatic first choice players. Both teams suffered. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'll try again.

SEVERAL KEY PLAYERS OUT AT THE SAME TIME

Last season was a bad season for us with injuries too but apart from not having as good players, the key ones weren't out together for any length of time.

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Some of our support deserve the current squad and manager. 

51C67A99-3DE0-42DA-9F52-B0B278D7FC8C.gif

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, UcheGang said:

That was an excellent Celtic team, in a few years they'll all line up for them and will win multiple caps. And once again we kept them out for ages and were unlucky not to get a point 

Perhaps next week will be different with Uche back (maybe having a focal point would change the game, Uche can definate hold it up)

I expected a hammering yesterday and see definate positives, Zlamal had an excellent game too in the goal, first save from Johnston is in my opinion world class. Roll on Saturday, let's see how it goes

Edited by rudi must stay

Hearts1975

Need to stay balanced with this - both sides played fringe players and as an opportunity to give game time 

That said, great to see some of our lads compete and play with no fear and get the ball down - Really pleased with this and the confidence that they played with. If they can do this at Parkhead they can play like this anywhere (Place is a f...... slum but fiesty) 

Hope some of the first team were there to see the kids play! 

Doesn't change anything for me in terms of what we do at the end of the season but overall really pleased with the performance and effort some of the young lads put in 

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

Some of our support deserve the current squad and manager. 

51C67A99-3DE0-42DA-9F52-B0B278D7FC8C.gif

And some of the tramps who infest this board will have to go back to playing with their sisters when our manager lifts the cup in Saturday. 

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

This is a good post

Enzo Chiefo
5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

TWO players that is by my counting and I don't think John Souttar was exactly a key player at that point, do you?

He was certainly more "key" than Peter Haring, a Centre Half who was playing midfield.  Naismith was a key player,  but the rest, we should have coped better. The whole injuries debate is becoming boring. We had a full team when we got horsed at Ibrox and drew with Livvy at Tynecastle. It was a great start to the season, other teams took time to get going and had good runs later. Most teams had injuries and to use them as an excuse for defeats to the bottom 3,  Hamilton, St Mirren and Dundee is pathetic.  

46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He was certainly more "key" than Peter Haring, a Centre Half who was playing midfield.  Naismith was a key player,  but the rest, we should have coped better. The whole injuries debate is becoming boring. We had a full team when we got horsed at Ibrox and drew with Livvy at Tynecastle. It was a great start to the season, other teams took time to get going and had good runs later. Most teams had injuries and to use them as an excuse for defeats to the bottom 3,  Hamilton, St Mirren and Dundee is pathetic.  

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&ei=-kPiXOCMB5rfmAXO8LyAAg&q=all+spl+game+results+this+season&oq=all+spl+game+results+this+season&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i10i29i30.10616.23682..23927...6.0..0.657.12875.3-27j2j5......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i39j0i131j0j0i67j0i131i67j0i324j0i10j0i22i30j33i160j0i13j0i13i30j0i13i5i30j0i8i13i30j33i10i160j33i22i29i30j33i299.184fXSJV_rU#sie=lg;/g/11f5hh7d5h;2;/m/0wdrhw4;mt;fp;1;;

All results from this season, I suggest that you take time to look at the three teams you quoted who have taken points off of those in the top six.

You can call it excuses all you like, If you were a Celtic fan you would be crucifying their manager.

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

I'm not sure what your point is. The 3 teams quoted are those who have occupied the bottom 3 places, with the least number of points. Injuries have affected key players in all teams and it's how you cope with them that counts. Yes, injuries play a part but so does good recruitment and good management i.e man management,  tactics, preparation,  team selections etc. We finished where we deserved to be, as is the case with every team.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm not sure what your point is. The 3 teams quoted are those who have occupied the bottom 3 places, with the least number of points. Injuries have affected key players in all teams and it's how you cope with them that counts. Yes, injuries play a part but so does good recruitment and good management i.e man management,  tactics, preparation,  team selections etc. We finished where we deserved to be, as is the case with every team.

Some people on here don’t want to hear sense because Levein was a classy defender in the 80’s and takes a pop at hibs in his pressers. For that he gets a free ride and is excused for the past two season of total garbage on the park. He’s also doing great work behind the scenes like not having to take training cause he just leaves it to Daly and MacPhee......The same guys think that on Saturday we will walk out onto the hampden pitch and suddenly click into gear after 7 months of utter garbage and chopping and changing the squad, shape. Sergio said to hibs and Pat Fenlon that if you think by losing it puts pressure on hearts going into the cup final then they should just continue losing. They did and we pumped them 5-1. We haven’t won in 7, we’ve only taken 25 points (or something close to that) since October, we’ve only won 2 games away from Tynecastle without Steven Naismith? 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Some people on here don’t want to hear sense because Levein was a classy defender in the 80’s and takes a pop at hibs in his pressers. For that he gets a free ride and is excused for the past two season of total garbage on the park. He’s also doing great work behind the scenes like not having to take training cause he just leaves it to Daly and MacPhee......The same guys think that on Saturday we will walk out onto the hampden pitch and suddenly click into gear after 7 months of utter garbage and chopping and changing the squad, shape. Sergio said to hibs and Pat Fenlon that if you think by losing it puts pressure on hearts going into the cup final then they should just continue losing. They did and we pumped them 5-1. We haven’t won in 7, we’ve only taken 25 points (or something close to that) since October, we’ve only won 2 games away from Tynecastle without Steven Naismith? 

Good post Busby. I'm certainly not confident about a victory on Sat. The excuses being trotted out to exonerate Levein are embarassing. It's been ongoing for 2 seasons now. 

The Real Maroonblood

:greatpost:

9 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Wasting your time with that one mate, Busby1985 clearly doesn’t have a ‘Plan B’ to back up his answers and has resorted to blanking certain questions. 

Hi guys, I was in my bed sleeping. I think enzo chief has answered those questions for me. 

Lets just agree to disagree, for now. People on the forum won’t want to see me and you go round and round in circles discussing something thats pretty pointless till after Saturday. Am frustrated with how things are going, am guessing you will be too. Let’s call a truce and focus on enjoying the cup final on Saturday. Me and you arguing over a Internet forum isn’t going to change anything and isn’t going to be a fun build up for anyone going into a final. We’ve beaten Celtic twice in past two years and run them close as well, under Lennon they are gash. If we have the right game plan, and things go our way, we will be lining the streets of Gorgie on Sunday. 

Gorgie Rule. 

Leveins time is up when anne budge says it is...pointless, drawn out thread that's going around in circles

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Good post Busby. I'm certainly not confident about a victory on Sat. The excuses being trotted out to exonerate Levein are embarassing. It's been ongoing for 2 seasons now. 

Yeah am not confident either but I canny be bothered going round in circles with the same folk this week. Let’s just get into the cup final spirit and enjoy a great day out on Saturday. We can all start righting the clubs problems on Sunday ?

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah am not confident either but I canny be bothered going round in circles with the same folk this week. Let’s just get into the cup final spirit and enjoy a great day out on Saturday. We can all start righting the clubs problems on Sunday ?

?

Hurrah !

No more round in circles chat this week !

You can start all this up again on Sunday....while we’re all at the parade !

?

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That presumes you think Souttar and Barra are/were not key players.

Can you explain what we should have done to cope better.

Idiots come up with these phrases but have no idea of better alternatives.  Here's your chance to shine

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Idiots come up with these phrases but have no idea of better alternatives.  Here's your chance to shine

Somebody likes this.

I don't though. We've already won the cup and I, for one, am celebrating early. Long live Craig Levein, Cup winner.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

And idiots always ask "what would you have done". I'm not going over this tiresome circular discussion again. The manager , DOF and indeed Director, is well remunerated to come up with solutions and was given the resources to bring in 20 players last close season. It's time HE took responsibility. I'm done with this discussion now.

27 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Somebody likes this.

I don't though. We've already won the cup and I, for one, am celebrating early. Long live Craig Levein, Cup winner.

I'm sure that has some negative obscure meaning.

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And idiots always ask "what would you have done". I'm not going over this tiresome circular discussion again. The manager , DOF and indeed Director, is well remunerated to come up with solutions and was given the resources to bring in 20 players last close season. It's time HE took responsibility. I'm done with this discussion now.

Of course you're not going over the tiresome circular discussion again and quite frankly I didn't expect you to come up with any semblance of a solution to how you cope with 4 or 5 key players out at the same time, not to mention how many FBs we've had injured for longish spells (Godinho, Mitchell, Garruccio, Brandon, even M Smith).

PS - I hope your last sentence is true because clearly you've run out of sensible ideas.

Stephen Muddie
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm sure that has some negative obscure meaning.

Not really. I don't like that you're continuing to post negatively towards other Jambos when a lot of them have agreed to put differences aside and be united in supporting the club this week.

Can't wait for Sunday's parade.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Of course you're not going over the tiresome circular discussion again and quite frankly I didn't expect you to come up with any semblance of a solution to how you cope with 4 or 5 key players out at the same time, not to mention how many FBs we've had injured for longish spells (Godinho, Mitchell, Garruccio, Brandon, even M Smith).

PS - I hope your last sentence is true because clearly you've run out of sensible ideas.

Brandon and Mitchell have been garbage in the main so no real loss to the team tbh. Godinho and Garuccio? Not much better. Too many bang average players and that is down to poor recruitment.

Derek McInnes, whose Aberdeen team finished 16 points ahead of us , can have the last word on this debate: 

"This is the best squad I've had at Aberdeen. But every time we went to pick a team, 4 or 5 of them were out at any given time. There have been reasons for it, I'll take responsibility for it".  Perhaps he could also have gone to say " I feel our fans let us down by not coming up with sensible solutions to help us overcome the injuries"     ....but, of course, he didn't.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic