Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

3 hours ago, Cade said:

"Is Craig Levein bulletproof?"

"I think one of the worst things about Scottish football is that managers are not given enough time to get things right"

"But is Craig Levein bulletproof?"

"No"

How much time does it take to learn how to be a good manager. Because Levein has had enough time.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Speaking to an ex Hearts player today who

seemed to think he’s going in the summer. Despite myself insisting he was here for another 12 months - player in question seemed surprised at this from what he had heard

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

I’d agree, if there were signs in the style of football being played.

However, for the past few years...with the only constant being Craig, our football has been pedestrian/dire (apart from a couple of occasions).

I’d love for someone from the management team to explain why we’ve never been set up/played like we did in the 4-0 Celtic game again?!

Yeah.  Agree with the last paragraph. Can't play that way every week. But every so often would be good

4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

No ones sayin she should’ve. She was asked if he was bulletproof. She said no. She could’ve left it at that, but to volunteer her views that we don’t give managers enough time was a bit gutting. 

Especially  after the appointment  of a novice manager ,then bin him as soon as it wasn't going well

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

It's sometimes not Chairman's or owners fault, most don't have the balls to ignore the idiots howling at the moon and stick with the strategy they where sold when they employed the same manager. 

The idiots watch English Football and think our league must trot along following the same route. Clueless. 

Anyway, Mrs Budge knows what's going on and for those idiots that think this is the first real sign that Mr Levein is staying, deary me.....

Enjoy Saturday afternoons shopping next season chaps. 

Are you saying it's the fans fault?

Funnily  enough  budge and levein's didn't want to give Cathro enough time to prove himself.

i wish jj was my dad
34 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

seemed to think he’s going in the summer. Despite myself insisting he was here for another 12 months - player in question seemed surprised at this from what he had heard

TBF I doubt Ann will have confided in many ex players. If decision hasn't been made i think it will be next week.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Are you saying it's the fans fault?

Funnily  enough  budge and levein's didn't want to give Cathro enough time to prove himself.

Iain cathro should have been booted after about 10 games.. clues, woeful and confused didn’t cover it

51 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Was the ex Hearts player Craig Levein? ?

japanjambo

Saw Craig yesterday, and just wished him good luck for next week. Got to say, I don't think he looked great. Too much stress, me thinks. Made me wonder if he'll be in charge next season. Health a lot more important than football.

3 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Saw Craig yesterday, and just wished him good luck for next week. Got to say, I don't think he looked great. Too much stress, me thinks. Made me wonder if he'll be in charge next season. Health a lot more important than football.

Absolutely.

I just wish we could all park the chat on him leaving until this time next week.

If he is to leave it would be absolutely fitting if it’s with the Scottish cup in the cabinet.

Regardless of the result next weekend, I wish him nothing but the best.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, japanjambo said:

Good post.

BOBTHEBRUCE

I hope he does go, for his own health, for the good of the club and for that dodger guy too look like a clown. 

1 hour ago, japanjambo said:

I will shed a tear when Craig lifts the cup above his head he deserves that as he is mr Hearts.Then he can retire a happy man.???

Unknown user
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Anyone got a link to it? Can’t find it on the iPlayer. 

I don't think it's up yet, they still had last week's episode showing as the latest one when I checked an hour ago.

Just now, Smithee said:

I don't think it's up yet, they still had last week's episode showing as the latest one when I checked an hour ago.

Aye that’s what I was getting. 

Bull's-eye
54 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I hope he does go, for his own health, for the good of the club and for that dodger guy too look like a clown. 

a9c6ee505b08bda609f752d67e1df179.thumb.jpg.bd20472849f3f658f0e65a3c6df12034.jpg

buzzbomb1958

She says he's done a great job ,what a pile of shite . Ann don't undo all your good work  by giving that clown a glowing reference he is a loser his record speaks for itself ,I'm sick of this legend shite ,get this club back where it should be or walk away ,if we get lucky next week let the jester have his time in the limelight then get rid Annmegedon 2 should happen soon as possible

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Great post

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

She says he's done a great job ,what a pile of shite . Ann don't undo all your good work  by giving that clown a glowing reference he is a loser his record speaks for itself ,I'm sick of this legend shite ,get this club back where it should be or walk away ,if we get lucky next week let the jester have his time in the limelight then get rid Annmegedon 2 should happen soon as possible

:jj_facepalm:

Bitter? 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Dodger IS Craig.  Or certainly a close relation. 

buzzbomb1958
24 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

:jj_facepalm:

Bitter? 

Aye your right the ****ing right the mess  you he's made of this club you must like being a laughing stock ,can't even touch Killie FFS 

The term “Shyster” was tailor made for Levein.  He’s stealing a living from our club. And yet some still perceive him as God. 

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Iain cathro should have been booted after about 10 games.. clues, woeful and confused didn’t cover it

The point was about budge saying managers in Scotland don't get enough time 

13 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

It's sometimes not Chairman's or owners fault, most don't have the balls to ignore the idiots howling at the moon and stick with the strategy they where sold when they employed the same manager. 

The idiots watch English Football and think our league must trot along following the same route. Clueless. 

Anyway, Mrs Budge knows what's going on and for those idiots that think this is the first real sign that Mr Levein is staying, deary me.....

Enjoy Saturday afternoons shopping next season chaps. 

You’re always quick to pop up with a post of absolute drivel. Well done 

Finlay James
7 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

The term “Shyster” was tailor made for Levein.  He’s stealing a living from our club. And yet some still perceive him as God. 

Shyster - a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.  Seems the term wasn't tailor made for him at all.

No one is working harder than Craig Levein to rebuild our club.  If you had any clue the work he puts in, you would never write such pish.

God is a strong term but he certainly a club legend.  He was top, top drawer as a player, brilliant as a manager first time round and has been excellent as our DOF.  In time, folk will realize just how good he has been for us but others, such as future managers, will get the credit.

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Shyster - a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.  Seems the term wasn't tailor made for him at all.

No one is working harder than Craig Levein to rebuild our club.  If you had any clue the work he puts in, you would never write such pish.

God is a strong term but he certainly a club legend.  He was top, top drawer as a player, brilliant as a manager first time round and has been excellent as our DOF.  In time, folk will realize just how good he has been for us but others, such as future managers, will get the credit.

Away for a lie doon. 

Watched the interview yesterday, I think she’s was just being diplomatic. I think the issue with it is that she’s quick to release statements about any area of the club apart from what is happening on the pitch. The fans don’t have any clarity on what is defined as ‘acceptable’ in terms of results in her eyes.

She said herself she’s unsure on running the football side of things. Makes me wonder who she takes advice from if she’s trying to decide Levein’s future. I love CL and he’ll be forever remember by Hearts fans for all the good he has done for us.

I worry if by sticking around he ends up being the villain like Arsene Wenger, I hope that no matter what the result is on Saturday he walks away we need to move on in terms of tactics and training as we risk being left behind.

Football is constantly evolving and managers now a days are expected to be on the training pitch everyday with there teams, CL has stated before he doesn’t attend the training. I think this is maybe the stumbling block that the players don’t see his presence every day and therefor don’t have that attachment. Just my two cents worth on the situation. 

japanjambo
Just now, Hearts_91 said:

Watched the interview yesterday, I think she’s was just being diplomatic. I think the issue with it is that she’s quick to release statements about any area of the club apart from what is happening on the pitch. The fans don’t have any clarity on what is defined as ‘acceptable’ in terms of results in her eyes.

She said herself she’s unsure on running the football side of things. Makes me wonder who she takes advice from if she’s trying to decide Levein’s future. I love CL and he’ll be forever remember by Hearts fans for all the good he has done for us.

I worry if by sticking around he ends up being the villain like Arsene Wenger, I hope that no matter what the result is on Saturday he walks away we need to move on in terms of tactics and training as we risk being left behind.

Football is constantly evolving and managers now a days are expected to be on the training pitch everyday with there teams, CL has stated before he doesn’t attend the training. I think this is maybe the stumbling block that the players don’t see his presence every day and therefor don’t have that attachment. Just my two cents worth on the situation. 

I was up at Riccarton on friday. He was definately standing at the side of the training pitch! 

5 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

I was up at Riccarton on friday. He was definately standing at the side of the training pitch! 

I’m sure he done an interview in the EEN where he said Daly took the training and he wasn’t there too much. Could have just made this up in my mind though 

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

I shake my head at this CL doesn't attend traiining bollocks. It's far from unusual for a manager to delegate a lot of coaching to his assistants and he was doing that in hiscfirst spell as did JJ and other managers. He just doesn't attend every session which is understandable given the range of other responsibilities he has. I'd lay money that many other duties are on hold right now though.

Alex Kintner
14 hours ago, japanjambo said:

This genuinely worries me. His health is more important than anything ?

8 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

:cornette:

9 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Aye your right the ****ing right the mess  you he's made of this club you must like being a laughing stock ,can't even touch Killie FFS 

:cornette:

Finlay James
57 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Away for a lie doon. 

Already was thanks, I'm still in bed ?

Forever Hearts
53 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Already was thanks, I'm still in bed ?

You must have dreamt that he's done an excellent job as DoF. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I shake my head at this CL doesn't attend traiining bollocks. It's far from unusual for a manager to delegate a lot of coaching to his assistants and he was doing that in hiscfirst spell as did JJ and other managers. He just doesn't attend every session which is understandable given the range of other responsibilities he has. I'd lay money that many other duties are on hold right now though.

It would be ok for him to take a backseat from coaching if the team was performing on the pitch, but they're not. In any other business the boss would be on the shop floor five days a week kicking arses until he saw a vast improvement. 

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You must have dreamt that he's done an excellent job as DoF. 

First 2.5 years as DOF = excellent

Second 2.5 years as DOF = poor

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You are right in saying that it's not unusual for a manager to delegate coaching. However, in those circumstances the coaches are far more experienced than we have at the club. For example, when you look at the poor goals we give away and how stilted we are in transition then it's clear there is an awful lot of work to do. Inexperienced coaches need time invested in them as well and that is why we need someone who is an experienced tracksuit coach brought in to the club. Nothing is going to change unless you alter the set up we have at the moment.

rick witter
21 minutes ago, Jodami said:

You are right in saying that it's not unusual for a manager to delegate coaching. However, in those circumstances the coaches are far more experienced than we have at the club. For example, when you look at the poor goals we give away and how stilted we are in transition then it's clear there is an awful lot of work to do. Inexperienced coaches need time invested in them as well and that is why we need someone who is an experienced tracksuit coach brought in to the club. Nothing is going to change unless you alter the set up we have at the moment.

Spot on. 

We lose the same type of goals week in week out and it does not improve. 

The whole coaching team needs cleared out. 

It is clear to see it is not working. 

43 minutes ago, Jodami said:

CL is also DoF and while you might argue that no one is capable of doing both jobs effectively, it would be difficult and uneconomical to pay 2 people for the remaining period of Ann's tenure (before the hand over to FoH) and would any decent manager/DoF accept a contract for a such a short period anyway.  Would it be worth the upheaval that comes with "new brooms"?  Remember that if someone signs say a 3-year contract now it will be the supporters (FoH) who will pick up the tab if the new guy (and his entourage) fails.  Accordingly, as things stand, he must spread himself a bitter thinner than is ideal.

Then maybe we should look at his health situation as well.  If one of your workmates had had a (suspected) heart attack, would you want the boss to sack him or would you want him eased back gently doing possibly a couple of days a week to start with and building up as he edges towards good health?

Edited by JamboAl

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

Is your dictionary malfunctioning? Nice effort, though. Using a word to question one's character...and having zero idea what the word means. 

Bravo!

I don't believe CL is the way forward for Hearts but the vitriol by some is shocking. Especially in Cup final week. 

None of us, dodgy punter included, know what's going to occur after the final but, surely, the only focus now should be backing, to the hilt, every player and coach who can help make Heart of Midlothian Cup winners next week. 

51 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

CL is also DoF and while you might argue that no one is capable of doing both jobs effectively, it would be difficult and uneconomical to pay 2 people for the remaining period of Ann's tenure (before the hand over to FoH) and would any decent manager/DoF accept a contract for a such a short period anyway.  Would it be worth the upheaval that comes with "new brooms"?  Remember that if someone signs say a 3-year contract now it will be the supporters (FoH) who will pick up the tab if the new guy (and his entourage) fails.  Accordingly, as things stand, he must spread himself a bitter thinner than is ideal.

Then maybe we should look at his health situation as well.  If one of your workmates had had a (suspected) heart attack, would you want the boss to sack him or would you want him eased back gently doing possibly a couple of days a week to start with and building up as he edges towards good health?

Fully appreciate the concern for his health Al, he did come back very quickly but you can't help thinking anyone would be stressed given our form this year. It might not necessarily be a case of sacking him, it could be coaching changes that are made. 

Ultimately though, it will be money which has the greatest bearing on decisions made. If season ticket sales are down (and they might not be I am not ITK) then making changes becomes an economic consideration to persuade more people to renew and buy. In any business losing your current customer base and guaranteed income is to be avoided at all costs. 

i wish jj was my dad
42 minutes ago, martoon said:

I don't believe CL is the way forward for Hearts but the vitriol by some is shocking. Especially in Cup final week. 

None of us, dodgy punter included, know what's going to occur after the final but, surely, the only focus now should be backing, to the hilt, every player and coach who can help make Heart of Midlothian Cup winners next week. 

Correct but that assumes we all want to win the cup final. I will take some convincing that everyone on here wants that. 

Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

:lol:

Governor Tarkin
59 minutes ago, martoon said:

:spoton:

Finlay James
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It would be ok for him to take a backseat from coaching if the team was performing on the pitch, but they're not. In any other business the boss would be on the shop floor five days a week kicking arses until he saw a vast improvement. 

Just stick to whatever it is that you do because football is certainly not for you kid

Finlay James
27 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Correct but that assumes we all want to win the cup final. I will take some convincing that everyone on here wants that. 

I think you already know the answer to that one pal, 

55 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Fully appreciate the concern for his health Al, he did come back very quickly but you can't help thinking anyone would be stressed given our form this year. It might not necessarily be a case of sacking him, it could be coaching changes that are made. 

Ultimately though, it will be money which has the greatest bearing on decisions made. If season ticket sales are down (and they might not be I am not ITK) then making changes becomes an economic consideration to persuade more people to renew and buy. In any business losing your current customer base and guaranteed income is to be avoided at all costs. 

So, are you saying that your workmate should be fired for having had a (suspected) heart attack?

You seem to have such an obsession with ST sales it's almost as though you are desperate for them to be down in number.  I've renewed mine, not because I support CL but because I support Hearts and many others will do the same despite your tireless, negative efforts.  I also contribute to FoH and the Youth Development because I support Hearts.  Give it a try sometime.

Did you read the 1st paragraph of my last post or was it convenient for you simply to ignore it? 

29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So, are you saying that your workmate should be fired for having had a (suspected) heart attack?

You seem to have such an obsession with ST sales it's almost as though you are desperate for them to be down in number.  I've renewed mine, not because I support CL but because I support Hearts and many others will do the same despite your tireless, negative efforts.  I also contribute to FoH and the Youth Development because I support Hearts.  Give it a try sometime.

Did you read the 1st paragraph of my last post or was it convenient for you simply to ignore it? 

There is not one suggestion that anyone should be fired for ill health in any of my posts so please don't fabricate. 

Your first paragraph suggests that things should be left alone for a season as any change is an inconvenience in Budge's last year. If you have ever been involved in transition of ownership you would understand that this would be a short sighted decision. You want to run the business in a normal fashion with the same goals as any other year. 

I'm an accountant and fully understand the impact fixed income has on budgeting, retaining and growing your customer base has been a priority in every organisation I have worked in. It's not difficult to understand that decisions are influenced by these factors. It's also why I am particularly alarmed at how much money has been wasted on the football side. Dead money on players who have barely kicked a ball for us. 

I have renewed weeks ago for my son and I and we are FOH contributors. If you care about something it's natural to be concerned, change is nothing to be afraid of. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic