Ian Murray - "This is our Story"

Footballfirst

I don't much care for Murrays politics. However, I would absolutely take him as Chairman of the club at some point. He's clearly an intelligent bloke who might be better versed at navigating Scottish footballs cliques to our benefit - (Chairman and CEO being separate roles).

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't much care for Murrays politics. However, I would absolutely take him as Chairman of the club at some point. He's clearly an intelligent bloke who might be better versed at navigating Scottish footballs cliques to our benefit - (Chairman and CEO being separate roles).

Hadn't thought about that, but I agree. Wouldn't be phased by the cliques and blazer brigade

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, Janbo1874 said:

"Plus, the responsibility of rebuilding the Labour Party in Scotland was upon my shoulders"

That's gone well then 🤣 Maybe the lesson is "Don't stick to your day job"

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Chairman perhaps, CEO ... not convinced he has the necessary substantial business background to be a success ..

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Wonder what Ms Budge's political leanings are.

Dunno but this pic often sends some into a rage. 

🥰

Ann-Budge (2).jpg

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno but this pic often sends some into a rage. 

🥰

Ann-Budge (2).jpg

Wait until they hear about Alex Salmond's role in getting the CVA across the line then! Wonder if Murray will put his political leanings aside to mention in it his book?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wait until they hear about Alex Salmond's role in getting the CVA across the line then! Wonder if Murray will put his political leanings aside to mention in it his book?

Correct. 

10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Chairman perhaps, CEO ... not convinced he has the necessary substantial business background to be a success ..

No he doesn’t. Tbh I’d rather he stuck to being a fan like the rest of us, thankful for his involvement when we needed his influence but I wouldn’t want him in the board room.

doctor jambo
9 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Love it. 

Not so sure- Nicola is frae Dreghorn, so in all likelihood is a current bun.

SectionDJambo

In many ways, the dark days of administration were a good time to be a Hearts supporter. Not much bickering and trolling of others, pulling together for our club. A determination to overcome the Hibs attempts to scupper us, taking heavy defeats on the chin and going again.

Then rising up and confounding the expectations that Rangers would easily win the Championship, leaving us to scrap with Hibs, and others, to join them in the top league.

It’s certainly been disappointing how our progress has stalled, but that is another matter entirely. Hearts fans saved their club by a tremendous effort which all should be proud of.

This petty stuff about Ian Murray, because of his politics, has no place in the scenario which saved our club. It doesn’t matter what his political views are - he played a major role. Are we to disregard the equally, if not bigger, role that Wallace Mercer played in saving us before, just because he was a Conservative man? Pilmar Smith was happy to agree to disagree with Wallace on politics and get on with building our club. 

Wallace put his house on the line. By the sounds of it, Ian Murray came close to risking his career in politics because of the clowns who tried to shut us down.

Let’s just remember who we all are and stick together, through all the legitimate arguments we may have with each other about others matters about Hearts.

Another Conservative Party man was involved early days in FoH etc when they responded to Romanov taking over - Jim Gilchrist now deceased (2005). He helped with financial advice and I think was involved in George Foulkes getting involved. He was a senior manager at Scottish Life (Royal London) where I knew someone who worked for him. Was a Conservative councillor. 

If he'd still have been alive could have been him leading FoH in some role.

Doesn't really matter. Or shouldn't. 

47 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

No like most high profilers she will claim to be a Partick Thistle  or St Mirren fan.:lol: 

Footballfirst

A wasted journey down to the Club store this morning to collect a copy of the book. It won't be available before 3pm today, despite originally being advertised as being available from 9am.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

54 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No like most high profilers she will claim to be a Partick Thistle  or St Mirren fan.:lol: 

Ayr United, allegedly

https://www.thenationalstudent.com/Sport/2017-06-07/which_football_teams_do_these_political_figures_support.html

been here before
34 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A wasted journey down to the Club store this morning to collect a copy of the book. It won't be available before 3pm today, despite originally being advertised as being available from 9am.

Same here.

"Pre-ordering" is brilliant eh?

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can’t wait for someone to tell us that, having met him a few times now I’m not keen no matter what his politics are.

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Much as it would entertain, I can't quite see her in the red white and blue morph suit waving her right hand 😂

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Thought legia warsaw

been here before
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Any live links or recordings of this do you think?

Dont know. What do you think?

Just now, been here before said:

Dont know. What do you think?

It’s a tricky one.

Wouldn't like to venture an opinion.

been here before

I got mine just after 3. Wee wifey j frint of me just bought 2 frim the various bundles lying around the shop without either 'pre-ordering' or just normal ordering.

Its almost as if "pre-ordering" is just a bullshit marketing term that doesnt actually mean anything.

Footballfirst

I picked up mine around 3.30. 

Just started reading it. The book starts with a timeline but I'm already confused on by what he expects for 2020 (p16).

"In June, FOH will become the majority shareholder in Heart of Midlothian Football Club and take it into full fan ownership with a 79.9 per cent shareholding after contributing over £10m to Hearts finances"

The Bidco loan will be paid off and the cash for the shares should be handed over a few months before June, although there may be an agreed transition period beyond that point (unless AB exits on a no deal basis :whistling:) FOH will also only receive 75.1% of the shares in the club from Bidco, adding to the 0.25% they previously received courtesy of HYDC.

7 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Mrs Murrell was delighted when Hibs won the Cup and tweeted something to that effect at the time. Her husband is Hibs.  

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Mrs Murrell was delighted when Hibs won the Cup and tweeted something to that effect at the time. Her husband is Hibs.  

Vermin.

Was planning to order it online but decided against it after seeing that postage was £5.95.  Will get it when I'm in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Stanley_

7 hours ago, been here before said:

Same here.

"Pre-ordering" is brilliant eh?

Same here .... will pop in tomorrow morning as can’t be bothered with the book launch . 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I picked up mine around 3.30. 

Just started reading it. The book starts with a timeline but I'm already confused on by what he expects for 2020 (p16).

"In June, FOH will become the majority shareholder in Heart of Midlothian Football Club and take it into full fan ownership with a 79.9 per cent shareholding after contributing over £10m to Hearts finances"

The Bidco loan will be paid off and the cash for the shares should be handed over a few months before June, although there may be an agreed transition period beyond that point (unless AB exits on a no deal basis :whistling:) FOH will also only receive 75.1% of the shares in the club from Bidco, adding to the 0.25% they previously received courtesy of HYDC.

I’ll wager that’s not the only anomaly to be found 🤭

been here before
32 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Same here .... will pop in tomorrow morning as can’t be bothered with the book launch . 

And miss out on Archie McPherson?

To be fair Ive kept my ticket to the launch to use as a bookmark rather than go along and listen to that slavering dick.

16 minutes ago, been here before said:

And miss out on Archie McPherson?

To be fair Ive kept my ticket to the launch to use as a bookmark rather than go along and listen to that slavering dick.

Coronation Street is on , no brainer 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Any updates?

2-0 at half time.

Uche looked to be limping going up the tunnel.

Just back from the Ian Murray book event tonight and it was a great evening.

Archie McPherson was comparing the event and was really funny.  Some great stories.  As well as interviewing Ian, he had Bryan Jackson on stage and Jamie Walker.  Jamie is back jogging and will ready to play after the international break.

Ian talked mentioned the letter from the H1b5 roaster to the Lithuanian President and it's printed in full in the book.  Looking forward to reading it.

Jambo 4 Ever
28 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Archie McPherson was comparing the event and was really funny.  Some great stories.  As well as interviewing Ian, he had Bryan Jackson on stage and Jamie Walker.  Jamie is back jogging and will ready to play after the international break.

Ian talked mentioned the letter from the H1b5 roaster to the Lithuanian President and it's printed in full in the book.  Looking forward to reading it.

What other stories were told?

132goals1958
40 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Very enjoyable and a good turn out. Nostalgic reminiscing from Archie Macpherson about the good old atmospheric times at Tynie . 

Singled out quite a few people behind the scenes in the club and from various supporters groups for praise in very difficult circumstances. Cross party support as well from Alasdair Darling, David McLetchie and someone from the SNP amongst others

SectionDJambo

Very enjoyable evening. 

Always nice to be in the company of my own people and Ian Murray came over as a committed Hearts man who found the call to help our club impossible to turn down. He had plenty of praise and acknowledgement for the many others who rose to the challenge.

Archie MacPherson is hard to dislike, rather like Arthur Montford and Bob Crampsey were. Unlike the current media mob who are controversial for the hell of it, and downright irresponsible in the way they carry themselves and report.

Shanks said no

Enjoyable evening and Murray came across very well as a decent bloke. Great to see Bryan Jackson and briefly hear his tales. 

50 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What other stories were told?

Bryan Jackson told a story about working on the Pars admin and the biggest concern of a lot of fans had was the pie contract.  He made it sound really funny, but put it down to denial that a lot of fans have when their team are in the sh1te.  They just don't want to imagine not having a club anymore.

Between Archie, Ian & Bryan is was a very informative and funny evening.  I think the book will be a great read.

I saw Ann Budge when I leaving and she seemed to have enjoyed herself.