Ian Murray - "This is our Story"

Footballfirst

I've been waiting for someone to write a book about the financial collapse of the club, the administration period and the rebuilding of the club.

Ian Muray has now written his account so should make for a good read about what actually went on behind the scenes.

It’s been such a busy & unpredictable week that I forgot this had gone to print. ‘This is my story: How the fans kept their Hearts beating’ is out at the end of next week. It’s my story of how the fans with @The_FOH saved @JamTarts . Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've been waiting for someone to write a book about the financial collapse of the club, the administration period and the rebuilding of the club.

Ian Muray has now written his account so should make for a good read about what actually went on behind the scenes.

It’s been such a busy & unpredictable week that I forgot this had gone to print. ‘This is my story: How the fans kept their Hearts beating’ is out at the end of next week. It’s my story of how the fans with @The_FOH saved @JamTarts . Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen.

Will make a great Xmas present for all Jambo's!

Good timing!

7 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Can’t believe this thread’s 26 minutes old and there’s no snidey comments about Ian Murray. Remarkable.

Don't like his new beard 😋

7 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Can’t believe this thread’s 26 minutes old and there’s no snidey comments about Ian Murray. Remarkable.

Politics shouldn’t get in the way of what he did for our club. 

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Politics shouldn’t get in the way of what he did for our club. 

Absolutely. I personally don,t generalize on someone,s political hue.The last week has witnessed a lot of drama queens across the political divide. He is a top man in my book for the part he played in saving our club.Look forward to getting my copy. 

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Absolutely. I personally don,t generalize on someone,s political hue.The last week has witnessed a lot of drama queens across the political divide. He is a top man in my book for the part he played in saving our club.Look forward to getting my copy. 

agreed - he didn't put a foot wrong and deserves every credit, whatever political parties we all support

Hope he mentions the Hibs cretins in his constituency who turned up to his surgeries whining about his involvement with FOH. Also the emails they sent both to Lithuania and himself about his neglect of their needs (chemist opening times/methadone etc.)

Montgomery Brewster
23 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

On the Xmas list. Not a fan of his politics but more than done his bit to save my club

Not a fan of any politician. As long as you remember the old adage ‘ how can you tell a politician is lying - their lips are moving’ you won’t go far wrong in life. 

Putting that aside - did his bit. As did many.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

A warts and all version of events from Bryan Jackson is the one Id really want to read.

I went to the thing he did with JJ at Tynecastle and I reckon you’re right.

I know he was doing his job but went above and beyond. I was delighted to shake his hand at my FOH plot ceremony.

A book would be a very interesting read

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

I'll probably buy it, give him some cash for when he loses his seat or resigns from his party. 

An interesting story I will probably get one of my daughters to buy me it for Christmas. Will any of the proceeds from the book go to FoH or solely into the author's pocket?

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

An interesting story I will probably get one of my daughters to buy me it for Christmas. Will any of the proceeds from the book go to FoH or solely into the author's pocket?

Given the subject matter and Ian's previous connection with FOH I'd expect that the net proceeds would find their way into their coffers.

I’ll buy a copy when I find out where the proceeds are going. That’s nothing to do with politics or Ian Murray but no one should be profiting from this aside from the FoH.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Given the subject matter and Ian's previous connection with FOH I'd expect that the net proceeds would find their way into their coffers.

I'm led to believe this is to be the case.

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Ah, that Ian Murray. The blood was starting to boil there! 

Ha!  The other Ian Murray tried to write a book once, but his crayons kept snapping.

6 hours ago, been here before said:

A warts and all version of events from Bryan Jackson is the one Id really want to read.

Absolutely! I sat beside him at a function just when Ann Budge got involved.

He told me dealing with the Lithuanians was interesting to say the least. When Hibs fans bombarded them with bogus offers and fraud claims, Bryan had to fly over to meet them face to face to keep the deal on track! The Lithuanians could just not comprehend why fans of another Club would be so disruptive and petty and try to kill off another.

From that day any sympathy I may have had for Hibs and their fans ended!!

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I went to the thing he did with JJ at Tynecastle and I reckon you’re right.

I know he was doing his job but went above and beyond. I was delighted to shake his hand at my FOH plot ceremony.

A book would be a very interesting read

We should let him know ,,,its retirement funds simples  :

11 minutes ago, farin said:

The book launch in the Gorgie Suite includes a Q & A with Archie MacPherson. 

And a chance to meet and have photos taken with Jamie Walker.

I think they've got that the right way around tbf.

been here before
15 minutes ago, farin said:

The book launch in the Gorgie Suite includes a Q & A with Archie MacPherson. 

"Why do you think you've managed to make a 60 year career out of being such a slavering prick in love with his own voice Archie?".

Holyrood_Hearts

I couldn’t care less about his politics or where proceeds of the book are going this will be getting purchased! Can’t wait to read it.

One of the few Hearts people I've spent a good bit of time with.  It was during 4-0 week when had had the Steamie in Newington.  

Superb man.  Was astounded to learn that he was the only Labour MP left in Scotland after the SNP went tonto a couple of elections back.  That in itself says a lot about him.  The only one to withstand the tide.

This literary masterpiece will be winging it's way to the antipodes.

And I don't give a toss what he does with the proceeds.

Whatever you think of Ian Murray the politician there is no way we should ever forget the mans efforts during those dark times. His party & political stance has no bearing on that

Big Slim Stylee
On 27/09/2019 at 10:26, Pants Shaton said:

He’s a bit of a windbag.

On 27/09/2019 at 09:59, Footballfirst said:

Look forward to reading it... always great to get the inside track of what's gone on...