Ian Murray - "This is our Story"

Footballfirst

Just now, shed1874 said:

Who gets the money for sales if it's Murray I won't be paying for it to line his pockets

Well he wrote the book, so...

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well he wrote the book, so...

If the money goes to FOH yes.

This book relates to our clubs fight to survive Murray making money of our backs is shite.

Not getting a coin of me

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

If the money goes to FOH yes.

This book relates to our clubs fight to survive Murray making money of our backs is shite.

Not getting a coin of me

A "wish I could've been arsed to write a book" type post

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

A "wish I could've been arsed to write a book" type post

Lots of people involved with Hearts write books but few donate some, or all, of the money to charity or club related things. It’s nice when they do but I still buy the book if I fancy reading it, regardless. 

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Lots of people involved with Hearts write books but few donate some, or all, of the money to charity or club related things. It’s nice when they do but I still buy the book if I fancy reading it, regardless. 

Murray is a pledger to  FoH so already donates some of his earnings to the club

I was going to say "hard earned" but he is an MP :smile:

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

A "wish I could've been arsed to write a book" typepost

I'll decide how I spend money. I'll pay the price of the book to FOH .

You assume whatever you like

highlandjambo3
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

“Bashing Boris”.......... I’ve never heard it called that before.........oh, you mean the politician?  now I get you 😁

4 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

I'll decide how I spend money. I'll pay the price of the book to FOH .

I agree, I cannot abide yon JK Rowling so have refused to buy here stupid Harry Potter books.  But, hypocrite that I am, I did borrow them from our local library for my daughter to read. 

I very much doubt I will read Murray's.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Murray is a pledger to  FoH so already donates some of his earnings to the club

I was going to say "hard earned" but he is an MP :smile:

I understand the facts of his involvement in saving Hearts. .

Its a snide way to make a earner from someone who played a blinder in our survival. 

I may change my mind if he releases his favourite moments as a jambo 

I won't hold my breath on that one.

The Treasurer
13 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

I understand the facts of his involvement in saving Hearts. .

Its a snide way to make a earner from someone who played a blinder in our survival. 

I may change my mind if he releases his favourite moments as a jambo 

I won't hold my breath on that one.

You seem awfy upset at the fact someone might make a few quid from writing a book.

I tend to decide on buying a book based on whether I think I'll enjoy it, not what the author will do with the profits

20 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I agree, I cannot abide yon JK Rowling so have refused to buy here stupid Harry Potter books.  But, hypocrite that I am, I did borrow them from our local library for my daughter to read. 

I very much doubt I will read Murray's.

I am one fan deciding to not pay a few pounds to someone astute enough to spill the details on the ins and outs of the near death to resurrection of my side.

No loss as I'm sure many will line his pocket. If anyone tells me he states funds go to FOH I buy the book. If book is sold under the rights of Heart of Midlothian in the shop I buy it

I'm 100 ℅ certain I will read the book as someone in my family will buy it.

I'm not asking anyone not to buy it.

Opinions and choices are varied.

I choose to put my money into Hearts and FOH

My opinion at the moment is Murray is making off our backs on this. Until proven wrong and he sinks more of his cash in.

That's it 

Add 

I've a 54th birthday and Christmas coming up so I all ask for Murray's book and get it for free

Yassssss 

Edited by shed1874

Ian Murray helped establish the credibility of FoH. He helped build trust among the fans as he was able to talk and write about them in a way that allowed a good debate and questions to be answered and things explained. 

He made a very important contribution. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ian Murray helped establish the credibility of FoH. He helped build trust among the fans as he was able to talk and write about them in a way that allowed a good debate and questions to be answered and things explained. 

He made a very important contribution. 

Very true

Big Slim Stylee
24 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

I am one fan deciding to not pay a few pounds to someone astute enough to spill the details on the ins and outs of the near death to resurrection of my side.

No loss as I'm sure many will line his pocket. If anyone tells me he states funds go to FOH I buy the book. If book is sold under the rights of Heart of Midlothian in the shop I buy it

I'm 100 ℅ certain I will read the book as someone in my family will buy it.

I'm not asking anyone not to buy it.

Opinions and choices are varied.

I choose to put my money into Hearts and FOH

My opinion at the moment is Murray is making off our backs on this. Until proven wrong and he sinks more of his cash in.

That's it 

Add 

I've a 54th birthday and Christmas coming up so I all ask for Murray's book and get it for free

Yassssss 

You’re awfully loud for just the 68 posts 😀

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The money will almost certainly be going to a Hearts cause, FOH, Big Hearts or the club itself. 

As I said above if its going to FOH I'll buy it. 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

As I said above if its going to FOH I'll buy it. 

Thanks 

But not Big Hearts? Interesting.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Speaks in riddles as well.

I noticed you had a peek at my profile. I take it you have longevity some type of attraction here.

You have my attention 

What is on your mind regarding my presence here

1 hour ago, shed1874 said:

Yassssss

And therefore buy it by proxy, getting someone else to do the dirty work for you? You hypocrite. :)

The only reasonable thing you can do, as you appear to feel so strongly about this, is to mount a protest outside the book launch, with placards and all. "Down with this sort of thing!"

4 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

I noticed you had a peek at my profile. I take it you have longevity some type of attraction here.

You have my attention 

What is on your mind regarding my presence here

Just looked at again.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And therefore buy it by proxy, getting someone else to do the dirty work for you? You hypocrite. :)

The only reasonable thing you can do, as you appear to feel so strongly about this, is to mount a protest outside the book launch, with placards and all. "Down with this sort of thing!"

Birthday's Christmas are traditionally time for Hearts related gifts.

been here before
53 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Just looked at again.

I had a look too just for the hell of it.

Glad I did.

I would be very surprised if Ian is not donating the profits to a deserving Hearts related cause (eg: FoH). When I ghost-wrote Drew Busby's story, I covered the costs and thereafter donated the profits to the then Hearts Youth Development Fund. Maybe Ian Murray or someone ITK can update us?

9 minutes ago, farin said:

Your book on drew is an excellent read.👏🏻

Ian’s book is simply a fan perspective with insider knowledge of a very dark time in our club’s history. It’s not a Labour Party manifesto, why some people on here are jumping on his political career to denigrate the book in some way beats me. Like your book it’s a must read for every hearts fan imho. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The money will almost certainly be going to a Hearts cause, FOH, Big Hearts or the club itself. 

Thanks for posting information about this book. Will definitely be buying this. 

We should all be thankful for Ian’s contribution in saving Hearts. 

Coburg Hearts
35 minutes ago, farin said:

Ian’s book is simply a fan perspective with insider knowledge of a very dark time in our club’s history. It’s not a Labour Party manifesto, why some people on here are jumping on his political career to denigrate the book in some way beats me. Like your book it’s a must read for every hearts fan imho. 

Excellent post and needed said. Our club is not only non-sectarian but also non-political.

21 minutes ago, farin said:

It doesn’t & shouldn’t matter one iota who wrote it tbh, the most important thing is that it’s an honest account of the events.

It has all the makings of a fascinating  read, especially for hearts fans wanting a fly on the wall look into the goings on at that time. 

Unless you were involved

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, farin said:

It doesn’t & shouldn’t matter one iota who wrote it tbh, the most important thing is that it’s an honest account of the events.

It has all the makings of a fascinating  read, especially for hearts fans wanting a fly on the wall look into the goings on at that time. 

Agreed. I'll be mentioning to my daughter when I see her tomorrow that it will soon be on the bookshelves. haha

Ordered the book to click and collect. Pretty sure I read at the time that two folk can go to the launch on Friday night, read the link on the website where it doesn’t state that. Also presumed there would be event tickets in the email with the order. 

Can anyone shed any light? Cheers.

Edited by Juanjo

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, farin said:

Ideal xmas pressie tbh. 😄 

It sure is. My son is a member on here so I hope he sees my earlier post, don't want to be getting too many copies. haha

1 hour ago, farin said:

You only joined this board yesterday & already you’ve racked up 84 posts & are all over it like a rash. Suspect is an understatement. 🤔 

Not sure what the problem is.

I've posted on topic then replied to poster's like yourself. I decided to join an online forum like anyone else. 

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Juanjo said:

Ordered the book to click and collect. Pretty sure I read at the time that two folk can go to the launch on Friday night, read the link on the website where it doesn’t state that. Also presumed there would be event tickets in the email with the order. 

Can anyone shed any light? Cheers.

Did the same. I thought I saw somewhere you could collect within 48 hours so maybe the event tickets are included.

On 27/09/2019 at 12:20, martoon said:

Hope he mentions the Hibs cretins in his constituency who turned up to his surgeries whining about his involvement with FOH. Also the emails they sent both to Lithuania and himself about his neglect of their needs (chemist opening times/methadone etc.)

Fake news!

Hibs fans don't know how to send emails. Indeed they wouldn't know how to start up a computer. 

5 hours ago, farin said:

Agreed!

He is a Jambo to the soles of his feet.  Just like most but not all of us one here.

Can't wait to read it and I'm delighted he took the trouble to write it.  An account of the most troublesome time in our history.

I knew Ian at university and speak to him when I see him at Sainsbury’s or whatever, decent bloke. The book will be an interesting read. 

Loathing and detesting are strange words to attribute to the politics of a liberal, left of centre politician but that’s the polemic age we live in. I wish politics could get back to being boring so the excitable types could go back to their sad mundane lives which they are are so desperate to have a distraction from.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, westbow said:

I knew Ian at university and speak to him when I see him at Sainsbury’s or whatever, decent bloke. The book will be an interesting read. 

Loathing and detesting are strange words to attribute to the politics of a liberal, left of centre politician but that’s the polemic age we live in. I wish politics could get back to being boring so the excitable types could go back to their sad mundane lives which they are are so desperate to have a distraction from.

Tbf. 

A check on his voting record would say he's more central than left and Liberal? 

Can be said for most Scottish liberals and Labour atm. 

Irrelevant to his book tho. 

I also  agree with the general sentiment. 

Allowayjambo1874
51 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

Did I read that correctly, people were saying they wouldn't be back and cancelling direct debit unless he left? Deary me!

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Did I read that correctly, people were saying they wouldn't be back and cancelling direct debit unless he left? Deary me!

You did. "Some people were cancelling their direct debit to the Foundation and emailing Hearts saying they wouldn’t be back while I was still involved. I took the decision to resign."  It must take a special kind of fan to let their politics take priority over the survival of the team they support . (sarcasm)

4 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Yes I read this, People who let there political views effect there football allegiance have no place at Tynecastle