Ian Murray - "This is our Story"

Footballfirst

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Bryan Jackson told a story about working on the Pars admin and the biggest concern of a lot of fans had was the pie contract.  He made it sound really funny, but put it down to denial that a lot of fans have when their team are in the sh1te.  They just don't want to imagine not having a club anymore.

Between Archie, Ian & Bryan is was a very informative and funny evening.  I think the book will be a great read.

I saw Ann Budge when I leaving and she seemed to have enjoyed herself.

Bryan did a play at last years Fringe based around football, pies and administration

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Enjoyable evening and Murray came across very well as a decent bloke. Great to see Bryan Jackson and briefly hear his tales. 

Ian Murray has always struck me as being a very decent bloke indeed. 

8 hours ago, leginten said:

Ian Murray has always struck me as being a very decent bloke indeed. 

8 hours ago, graygo said:

Probably been posted already but I just read that he is giving the royalties to the club.

Here you go Hearts - have some cash.

Hopefully the above will appease some of the posters who have brought party politics into it and also questioned Ian's motives for writing it.  I don't share Ian's political views, but this is a book written by a Hearts fan who was central to helping to save our club.

It's an insider's story and should make an interesting read, based on the snippets he shared last night.  He talked about the pressure he was under, including having a group of H1b5 fans turning up at his constituency office, demanding he stop helping FOH.

On the flip side, he mentioned the many Hibbies who supported us during the dark times of Admin.  The aresehole letter writers were certainly in the minority.

Good that someone confirmed the profits go to Hearts.  Given the time and effort Ian put into FOH, that was never in doubt.

Edited by Yoda

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why is Archie so involved with us? 

It seems odd, given that he's such a Hibby. 

2 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Hibby??? He is a died in the wool sevco fan

Shanks said no
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why is Archie so involved with us? 

It was his first time back at Tynecastle since we won the Championship 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That clears that up. 😂

Just wondering why he was involved with us? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

It was his first time back at Tynecastle since we won the Championship 

So why is he involved in this? 

I cannot think of a connection. 

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So why is he involved in this? 

I cannot think of a connection. 

Within the acknowledgements section of the book Murray thanks Archie, as well as many others, for contributing to the book.

archie also thanked him for the invite to host the Q&A

I got the impression he was purely an invited host. In the fans bar afterwards he was having a drink with his company, certainly didn’t appear to be any more to it than that. Bryan Jackson having a drink elsewhere and Murray in the club shop signing copies. 

32 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Absolutely sure I heard him talking about going to Easter Road with his family, on Off the Ball a while back. 

Might be mistaken though! 

Shanks said no
Just now, Mister Dee said:

Absolutely sure I heard him talking about going to Easter Road with his family, on Off the Ball a while back. 

Might be mistaken though! 

My pet Hobbit told me his sons we sisterfisters.

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Within the acknowledgements section of the book Murray thanks Archie, as well as many others, for contributing to the book.

archie also thanked him for the invite to host the Q&A

I got the impression he was purely an invited host. In the fans bar afterwards he was having a drink with his company, certainly didn’t appear to be any more to it than that. Bryan Jackson having a drink elsewhere and Murray in the club shop signing copies. 

Cheers, that gives some Context. 

Although, still not sure why Archie was involved in the book in the first place, was thinking he had some Hearts connections or was a novelist or some sorts. 

I just could not think of a reason, that makes a bit more sense tho. 

Cheers. 

Starting to look like Murray might be positioning himself as one of the future FoH directors on the club board. I hope this isn't the case. 

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Starting to look like Murray might be positioning himself as one of the future FoH directors on the club board. I hope this isn't the case

Why would that be?

Francis Albert
19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I picked up mine around 3.30. 

Just started reading it. The book starts with a timeline but I'm already confused on by what he expects for 2020 (p16).

"In June, FOH will become the majority shareholder in Heart of Midlothian Football Club and take it into full fan ownership with a 79.9 per cent shareholding after contributing over £10m to Hearts finances"

The Bidco loan will be paid off and the cash for the shares should be handed over a few months before June, although there may be an agreed transition period beyond that point (unless AB exits on a no deal basis :whistling:) FOH will also only receive 75.1% of the shares in the club from Bidco, adding to the 0.25% they previously received courtesy of HYDC.

Why  would there need to be a transition period? Transfer of the shares need not mean a change in Ann's role or the way the club is run. I don't recall the Bidco agreement making provision for any transition period.

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why  would there need to be a transition period? Transfer of the shares need not mean a change in Ann's role or the way the club is run. I don't recall the Bidco agreement making provision for any transition period.

It has been mentioned previously, that there would be no change to the day to day running of the club on share transfer day plus 1. What had been envisaged was a period of handover, while Ann and others remained in situ.

We know that there will be changes at some point, e.g. the appointment of a C.E.O. which one would assume would be a salaried position.  If AB continues in that role for a period following the share transfer, then I would view that as a transition period.

AB has also intimated that she would remain in some capacity for another couple of years.   

Footballfirst

I'm about half way through the book. It's an interesting read for anyone who had an interest in what went on behind the scenes. I've certainly learned a few new things about the potential bidders/investors and the friction between the "founder" directors (one in particular) of FOH and the fans groups appointees.

Edited by Footballfirst

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It has been mentioned previously, that there would be no change to the day to day running of the club on share transfer day plus 1. What had been envisaged was a period of handover, while Ann and others remained in situ.

We know that there will be changes at some point, e.g. the appointment of a C.E.O. which one would assume would be a salaried position.  If AB continues in that role for a period following the share transfer, then I would view that as a transition period.

AB has also intimated that she would remain in some capacity for another couple of years.   

Still don't understand why the transfer of shares has to be deferred. Or should be.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Should satisfy some of the mouth frothers on the thread.

Nationalists (on here at least) are not renowned for their good grace.

1 hour ago, farin said:

He was comparing the event. 

Comparing it to what? 

Rangers demise? 

😉

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Still don't understand why the transfer of shares has to be deferred. Or should be.

I clarified that with someone who was at the launch last night who spoke to Ian about it. Ian took the figures for the 79.9% from the total shares acquired from Ukio/UBIG and the June date was effectively the longstop date. He acknowledges that the presentation of the figures and the date could be interpreted wrongly.

There are a few other "anomalies" in the book, but they don't detract from the content. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Why can’t some folk on here appreciate the efforts of a Hearts fan, who was heavily involved in saving our club, making some money for taking the time to write a book?

Weird patter.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Why can’t some folk on here appreciate the efforts of a Hearts fan, who was heavily involved in saving our club, making some money for taking the time to write a book?

Weird patter.

Some folk don't like his politics and some folk don't like the FOH. They can't separate that from the book itself. As you say, weird patter.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Some folk don't like his politics and some folk don't like the FOH. They can't separate that from the book itself. As you say, weird patter.

I don’t like his politics either and there’s probably thousands of Hearts fans that fit that criteria in my mind.  That aside, any Hearts fan who writes a book about the club I love will get my time and money for it.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I don’t like his politics either and there’s probably thousands of Hearts fans that fit that criteria in my mind.  That aside, any Hearts fan who writes a book about the club I love will get my time and money for it.

Correct.

33 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see that Mr Murray is now being lauded for helping to bring Meshino here. 

He chased up the Visa application with Home Office. 

Maybe helped get signing done. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

If AB is not prepared to sack levein then she should go asap

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That clears that up. 😂

Just wondering why he was involved with us? 

From shared constitutional beliefs; McPherson and Murray know each other as members of 'Scotland in Union'.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

From shared constitutional beliefs; McPherson and Murray know each other as members of 'Scotland in Union'.

Explains the Murray relationship (that was obvious) but nor ours with him. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Shows you what a set of absolute ***** the Liths were, and the vermin as well of course.

There's a surprise view!

Archie gets a free meal meal  his expenses paid,and a wee bit of nostalgic recognition.Just part of the former pro/pundit circuit that keeps those guys occupied in their twilight years. Nothing wrong with that, even if Archie is on the other side of politics to me. He'll have plenty tales to tell from 50+ years in the game.

Edited by Danny Wilde

Used to quite like Murray until i heard him on the radio the other week, telling blatant lies about Levein and Hearts. The guy is a snake.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, PnG said:

Used to quite like Murray until i heard him on the radio the other week, telling blatant lies about Levein and Hearts. The guy is a snake.

What lies?

I really would like to know why so many seem to have it in for him.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Starting to look like Murray might be positioning himself as one of the future FoH directors on the club board. I hope this isn't the case. 

Why would that be a bad thing?

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, Sherbet said:

If AB is not prepared to sack levein then she should go asap

You're on the wrong thread.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, PnG said:

What lies?

been here before
On 04/10/2019 at 13:06, Natural Orders said:

will there be a recording of it to watch afterwards for those of us who might not make it?

On 04/10/2019 at 16:05, Natural Orders said:

Any live links or recordings of this do you think?

23 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Any updates?

21 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

What other stories were told?

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Why would that be a bad thing?

18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What lies?

4 hours ago, PnG said:

Reeking.....

heartandsoul

Was going to buy his book after the game. After watching that dross  I simply couldn't be bothered. Total apathy has set in.