LC Semi Final - Tickets on sale Monday 14/10 ( updated )

Sooperstar

Forever Hearts
44 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I was just puzzled at what you meant.

There was 29k of us that day.

Hardly surprising there was people you didn't know.

You are a PHM by the way, take it as a compliment 👍

Ditto. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• davemclaren

• Newton51

• Mikey1874

17 hours ago, luckydug said:

Put it another way, true fans wouldn't stay away from a cup semi final as a protest against the manager.

Maybe not but it could be that they keep away because of the way the team plays. Watching Hearts get beat or toil against Ross County, Motherwell, Hamilton ect turns most fans stomach.

8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

According to the Sun we've handed back 5,000.

Hibs handed back 7,000 and their allocation now being 10,000.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4875707/paul-heckingbottom-hibs-celtic-hampden/

I guess at the time of the announcement we'd sold around 8,500.

According to some we haven't got many TRUE fans.

Felt pointless turning up last Sunday to play Rangers,  pleasant surprise we got a draw. 

Felt pointless going to the cup final last season,  pleasantly surprised by the performance and our moment when we took the lead. 

Felt pointless going to the 2012 semi final v Celtic and it became one of my favourite ever games. 

Sometimes you just need to take a chance and see what happens!

Levein ain't leaving soon, we've done well in the cups (on paper ha) and on our day.....well you just never know. 

Edited by Deans Jambo

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Sorry to divert slightly. For the first time im taking the car to a game at hampden, I believe there’s a parking zone in operation in many streets close to the stadium. 

Any tips on best place to park within reasonable walking distance? (I accept you could be talking 20-30 mins which is fine). Cheers. 

Past few times I've been to Hampden I've parked somewhere around Woodgreen Avenue. or in the streets just south. If you look at that map I think the parking zone is inside the railway line. Given the end we're in just head down Aitkenhead Road. Probably 10-15 minutes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

According to some we haven't got many TRUE fans.

About 8500 would be about right. 

The amount it takes to help resurrect a club and help stabilise for around another 8500 to have tears and snotters over and then chuck the toys until it gets better again. 

The 8500 who stick it out will always have more pleasure,  so its ok

5 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Anyone know if there will be team specific trains running or will it just be a free for all?

Football speshuls? 😎. I doubt it so should be fun on the train. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Do we go kings park or is mount Florida still ok? 

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

And yet many true fans have been driven to do this by Levein. They can't take it anymore.

We need these fans, we need the kids coming along if we want to survive.

Like it or not, Levein IS driving "true fans" "phm" whatever you want to label them, away.

I'll be there, but it is disappointing the amount of fans who have reached breaking point under Levein.

I'm one of those gambo just can't be arsed going just now followed the team for years but absolutely no enjoyment watching the team or the matchday atmosphere at tynie. Sucked the life out of me!!😡😡

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Taking the mrs, think she may get her eyes opened to what away days are like ha.

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Past few times I've been to Hampden I've parked somewhere around Woodgreen Avenue. or in the streets just south. If you look at that map I think the parking zone is inside the railway line. Given the end we're in just head down Aitkenhead Road. Probably 10-15 minutes.

👍🏻Cheers.   Read somewhere that Kings Avenue is ideal for parking too.  

23 minutes ago, Jammy cokes said:

I'm one of those gambo just can't be arsed going just now followed the team for years but absolutely no enjoyment watching the team or the matchday atmosphere at tynie. Sucked the life out of me!!😡😡

Young kids will find it hard to enjoy themselves watching Hearts. Most of us have always had our hero's who played like they loved the club as much as we the fans do. Yes watching Levein's effect on the team/players feels like he's sucked the life out of them. If fans don't believe in the management because of what they have witnessed over a long period of time we are f#####.

Briefs sorted, hopefully don't have regrets after tomorrow!

I think Hearts have a good chance. Rangers will have on eye on the Porto game the following Thursday, albeit craving their first major domestic trophy, and the Hearts players seem to only get themselves up for the bigger games.

Disappointing sales, but an early goal will help silence their majority. Out into them from the get-go, like at Tynecastle last week.

Edited by kila

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Young kids will find it hard to enjoy themselves watching Hearts. Most of us have always had our hero's who played like they loved the club as much as we the fans do. Yes watching Levein's effect on the team/players feels like he's sucked the life out of them. If fans don't believe in the management because of what they have witnessed over a long period of time we are f#####.

It's funny how the passage of time makes the past so attractive.

This applies to football as in any walk of life.

Outwith our glory years of the fifties and early sixties we have been crap on the playing front about 80% of the time.

We always seem to be flirting with one crisis or another. So what's different now ?

Get yourself along to Hampden and you never know the team might rise to the occasion like last week.

Glory days for Hearts fans are few and far between so why risk missing out ?

15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

About 8500 would be about right. 

The amount it takes to help resurrect a club and help stabilise for around another 8500 to have tears and snotters over and then chuck the toys until it gets better again. 

The 8500 who stick it out will always have more pleasure,  so its ok

Your gold star is in the post.

11 hours ago, luckydug said:

Outwith our glory years of the fifties and early sixties we have been crap on the playing front about 80% of the time.

We always seem to be flirting with one crisis or another. So what's different now ?

Get yourself along to Hampden and you never know the team might rise to the occasion like last week.

In the 60’s & 70’s our crowds could range between 6,000 and 10,000 for non category A games and you’d be lucky if we had 1,000 season ticket holders. Yes my wee gang of over 60’s will be at Hampden as usual bus and ticket costing a massive £18 lol.

32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

In the 60’s & 70’s our crowds could range between 6,000 and 10,000 for non category A games and you’d be lucky if we had 1,000 season ticket holders. Yes my wee gang of over 60’s will be at Hampden as usual bus and ticket costing a massive £18 lol.

Over 65s then. 😎

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Boab said:

Your gold star is in the post.

Only interested in people supporting the club to be honest,  self harm is never good in any circumstances 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Only interested in people supporting the club to be honest,  self harm is never good in any circumstances 

Are 8,500 people protesting ?

You seem to think so.

1 minute ago, jamboman9 said:

No

Why not?

we won’t win the cup

our players are poo

no amount of shouting or verbal abuse at the games towards the board / manager will make a difference

season tickets are already bought

so we should not buy tickets for the semi final 

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why not?

we won’t win the cup

our players are poo

no amount of shouting or verbal abuse at the games towards the board / manager will make a difference

season tickets are already bought

so we should not buy tickets for the semi final 

Still can't resist a question mark eh.

Why does it matter to you anyway?????

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Are 8,500 people protesting ?

You seem to think so.

Be about how many turn up at Hampden. 

As many that saw it through the lowest days week in week out and as many as who have invested in the FoH.

Seems a core number for those with the strongest constitution 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Be about how many turn up at Hampden. 

As many that saw it through the lowest days week in week out and as many as who have invested in the FoH.

Seems a core number for those with the strongest constitution 

I’m not going to the semi.

I think my stomach is strong.

Where do people like me stand ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Why are you not going?

21 minutes ago, Boab said:

I'm going to the semi.

I think I might have a touch of IBS.

Where do I stand?

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm going to the semi.

I think I might have a touch of IBS.

Where do I stand?

Hopefully not in F7 😛

Just out of interest Celtic have sold their 36k allocation, suspect rangers will do the same. Looking at 90k between 2 games 

Forever Hearts
36 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Just out of interest Celtic have sold their 36k allocation, suspect rangers will do the same. Looking at 90k between 2 games 

More money for Levein to waste. 🙄

On 26/10/2019 at 00:25, luckydug said:

I was first watched Hearts through the relegation years, but from 86 to 92 we had a great league run imcluding 3 second places. We played great football and  I enjoyed most games.

I was sat in Livingston hospitality on saturday looking at absolute dross on the pitch.

Changed days.

On 26/10/2019 at 00:25, luckydug said:

From 86 to 06 wasn’t bad, could even extend to 2011 before the road to admin started kicking in.  Of course we want more silverware but 9, top 3 finishes or 11, top 4 in 21 seasons. Maybe constitutes crap to some but I always felt it was generally good following Hearts for a good, long spell from 86 onwards. 

Many great European memories, some fine teams. Even some decent teams enjoyable to watch but maybe fell short on expected league placings. 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

From 86 to 06 wasn’t bad, could even extend to 2011 before the road to admin started kicking in.  Of course we want more silverware but 9, top 3 finishes or 11, top 4 in 21 seasons. Maybe constitutes crap to some but I always felt it was generally good following Hearts for a good, long spell from 86 onwards. 

Many great European memories, some fine teams. Even some decent teams enjoyable to watch but maybe fell short on expected league placings. 

Compared the prior 15 years 1983 onwards was generally great  

18 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I was talking about from 1965 when we lost the league on the last day to Killie.

A steady decline including a 0-7 defeat to Hibs on NY day 1973 to relegation in 1977 and yo yoing between the leagues until 1983.

Then pretty good 86 till 92 then 97till 99 then 2006 then poor although a very enjoyable cup win in 2012.

I can count at least two serious threats to the existence of the club and a threat to our stadium and the possibility of a permanent move to Murrayfield.

That's an awful lot of mediocrity. 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 26/10/2019 at 19:12, Boab said:

You could probably stand facing Leanne Dempster.

12 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

You could probably stand facing Leanne Dempster.

...... or perhaps behind Rod Petrie.....

On 26/10/2019 at 18:10, Natural Orders said:

Are people starting to agree with me that we should not go to this game?

No!!!! Deary me you couldn't make this up. Too many trolls on this site!

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why not though?

People have made their minds up - look at the number of tickets sold.