British teams in Europa League

Morgan

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you watch the incident two Rangers player kick the guy on the ground. They were obviously frustrated. But there was no need for the guy to do that, they were winning easily. 
Hopefully the mics will catch it but that’s why he covers his mouth so it’s hard and it can’t be seen on tv. He’s also picked on the smallest black guy, he wouldn’t say it to Morelos because he would chin him.,

Kudela is Finnish. Morelos used to play in Finland. I doubt that was an option.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a difficult one.  The reaction of the Rangers players and they way he covers his mouth to make sure you can't catch it on camera suggests that he did say something racist to Kamara, but unless it has been picked up on a microphone, it's not something you can prove with 100% reliability.  

Something else needs to come out, like a clearer capture of audio, but it's unlikely due to the amount of noise going on around whilst someone covers their face and says it right in another players ear. 

Can UEFA even do anything without solid evidence?  Will they even do anything anyway? They shite it against these types of things time and time again, yet are quite happy to sit back and relax behind their "Show Racism the Red Card" message. 

How about they start, you know, getting the referee to show the red card to a player who does this if they witness it going on? 

Edited by tian447

It's a decent distraction for Rangers on the actual result. 

But if Slavia can beat Leicester they are obviously decent. 

It's a good tournament - a bit less predictable than Champions League.

Racism should never be tolerated nor ignored BUT this incident is , in my opinion, now Rangers crutch for an abject defeat in which it has to be pointed out their own players were guilty of terrible indiscipline throughout the game. They ended with 9 players but that could and should have been 8 . The focus of the outcome of the game for the Scottish media is not how poor Rangers players went about their business but how one of their players was allegedly racially abused . It is all you will read about for the next few days in the Scottish tabloids a shocking display will take a back seat.

Any film/photographic evidence of the Slavia player being battered by Rangers players?

Happened between the pitch and the dressing rooms, allegedly (an attempt to avoid saying battered in the tunnel on my part😉).

13 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Racism should never be tolerated nor ignored BUT this incident is , in my opinion, now Rangers crutch for an abject defeat in which it has to be pointed out their own players were guilty of terrible indiscipline throughout the game. They ended with 9 players but that could and should have been 8 . The focus of the outcome of the game for the Scottish media is not how poor Rangers players went about their business but how one of their players was allegedly racially abused . It is all you will read about for the next few days in the Scottish tabloids a shocking display will take a back seat.

Agree with what you say and if our media had anything about them then they would be able to separate the two issues.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a decent distraction for Rangers on the actual result. 

But if Slavia can beat Leicester they are obviously decent. 

It's a good tournament - a bit less predictable than Champions League.

To be fair to Gerrard, he did say post match that Prague deserved to go through as they were the better team in the two legs. 

kirkierobroy
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

they are probably down the best part of £12m in revenue that they would have got by playing games in front of fans.

Not all bad, then.

Brick Tamland
49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Kamara imo is an honest player. His reaction says it all. 

I'm not convinced at all.

Do we know if the Slavia player speaks English? 

If someone had called him what is being claimed then I think his reaction would have been to lash out immediately and not just shout something to the ref.  I would find it hard to believe that with Sevco's high level of indiscipline throughout the game that being called that would only result in a shout to the ref, you can see the more animated reactions of his team mates when he says what was claimed. A good analogy would be Zidane when he headbutted the Italian, one of the best and most composed players in the world lashed out at name calling, I can't see Kamara managing too keep his control in an already indisciplined performance.

If the Slavia guy did say it then, horrendous, he should get the book thrown at him, if he didn't say it then, equally horrendous, Kamara should get the book thrown at him.

I guess we will never know though.

Under the floodlight
11 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

If someone had called him what is being claimed then I think his reaction would have been to lash out immediately and not just shout something to the ref.  I would find it hard to believe that with Sevco's high level of indiscipline throughout the game that being called that would only result in a shout to the ref, you can see the more animated reactions of his team mates when he says what was claimed. A good analogy would be Zidane when he headbutted the Italian, one of the best and most composed players in the world lashed out at name calling, I can't see Kamara managing too keep his control in an already indisciplined performance.

If the Slavia guy did say it then, horrendous, he should get the book thrown at him, if he didn't say it then, equally horrendous, Kamara should get the book thrown at him.

Semantics, racist language is unacceptable in any form, we don't know what was actually said, the reaction of Kamara could be construed as something racist was said, but in truth only the two involved know for sure what happened. The goalkeeper incident would be of more concern to me, that was an horrific injury that could of had a life changing effect for the man.

A lot of sweeping going on imo.

John Findlay
54 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair to Gerrard, he did say post match that Prague deserved to go through as they were the better team in the two legs. 

Gerrard has handled himself very admirably in all this. Pity the Scottish media wont behave in the same manner.

SectionDJambo

Abhorrent as this incident seems to have been, where is the outrage of the Scottish media about the sectarianism that both the big Glasgow clubs are happy to pretend to want to stamp out? The media have a wee joke and a wink about the bigotry that has provided Rangers and Celtic their power in Scotland.

In my view, racism and sectarianism are both poisonous. It is shameful that both still exist in these times. 

Did a Rangers player not claim that a Ross County player made a racist comment to him fairly recently? The referee, Beaton of all people, heard nothing untoward despite being just a couple of yards away. The Ross County player was cleared on the basis of a lack of evidence, despite us being told previously that a few of the other players had heard what was said.

Something seems to have been said last night, to trigger such a reaction.  I still wish we could be told what Ally said to Lenny.

colinmaroon
10 hours ago, Barack said:

Tis but a scratch:

Screenshot_20210319-003145_Twitter.jpg

No malice!  Unintentional!

His foot must be on a string!

Semi-final draw was done right after

City/Dortmund vs Bayern/PSG

Porto/Chelsea vs Liverpool/Real Madrid

Potential for all German and English semi's?

colinmaroon
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Abhorrent as this incident seems to have been, where is the outrage of the Scottish media about the sectarianism that both the big Glasgow clubs are happy to pretend to want to stamp out? The media have a wee joke and a wink about the bigotry that has provided Rangers and Celtic their power in Scotland.

In my view, racism and sectarianism are both poisonous. It is shameful that both still exist in these times. 

Did a Rangers player not claim that a Ross County player made a racist comment to him fairly recently? The referee, Beaton of all people, heard nothing untoward despite being just a couple of yards away. The Ross County player was cleared on the basis of a lack of evidence, despite us being told previously that a few of the other players had heard what was said.

Something seems to have been said last night, to trigger such a reaction.  I still wish we could be told what Ally said to Lenny.

Agreed!

City/Dortmund

Bayern/PSG

Porto/Chelsea

Liverpool/Real Madrid

City vs Bayern

Chelsea vs Real Madrid

City vs Real Madrid

City win.

44 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That is very wise. 

Racism is a topic easily and correctly highlighted. Sectarianism is hidden. Particularly whether it still has real effects. In a society where its Government is conflicted. 

Eastern Europeans can be categorised easily as more racist. Another generalisation. Slavia's statement can be seen in that light too. 

Move on. Let UEFA deal with it. 

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

City/Dortmund

Bayern/PSG

Porto/Chelsea

Liverpool/Real Madrid

City vs Bayern

Chelsea vs Real Madrid

City vs Real Madrid

City win.

Or another Flick v Tuchel final 

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That is very wise. 

Racism is a topic easily and correctly highlighted. Sectarianism is hidden. Particularly whether it still has real effects. In a society where its Government is conflicted. 

Eastern Europeans can be categorised easily as more racist. Another generalisation. Slavia's statement can be seen in that light too. 

Move on. Let UEFA deal with it. 

You seem to be wanting to ignore the possible racism just because Rangers are linked with sectarianism

They are both wrong and lets hope they get to the bottom of this but the pictures and limited sound point pretty clearly to Kamara being the subject of racist abuse

Sorry but I am not buying the Slavia statement and there was no police action either despite their claims

Had this not been Rangers I doubt your opinion would be the same and that in itself is sad......still lets 'move on' eh

Actually no lets not move on, lets confront it and tell it as it is whether it was a Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone or indeed any club.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Slavia get Arsenal in Quarters. 

• Granada v MANCHESTER UNITED
  • ARSENAL v Slavia Prague
  • Ajax v Roma
  • Dinamo Zagreb v Villarreal

Granada/Man u v Ajax/roma

arsenal/slavia v dinamo/villarreal

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You seem to be wanting to ignore the possible racism just because Rangers are linked with sectarianism

They are both wrong and lets hope they get to the bottom of this but the pictures and limited sound point pretty clearly to Kamara being the subject of racist abuse

Sorry but I am not buying the Slavia statement and there was no police action either despite their claims

Had this not been Rangers I doubt your opinion would be the same and that in itself is sad......still lets 'move on' eh

Actually no lets not move on, lets confront it and tell it as it is whether it was a Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone or indeed any club.

Still I'm sure there will be no sectarianism this coming Sunday.

Johnny foreigner whispers something racist(allegedly) into a Rangers players ear and the SMSM goes into overdrive. However when it comes to one set calling the other Orange this and that and the other Fenian this and that it's nothing to see hear move on.

Forgive us for seeing through the hypocrisy in all this.

Racism=wrong

Sectaranism=wrong.

The Scottish media only want to stamp out one and it's not sectaranism.

So I will ignore all the faux outrage if you dont mind.

Peakybunnet
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I have absolutely no time for Rangers but racism in football is the bigger picture here. It has to be stamped out.

To try and take the subject of racism away  to a piish poor performance is poor.

I still remember standing at Tynecastle watching our own fans shower Mark Walters with bananas and was totally embarrassed. What has changed in the last 30 odd years? Not a lot when we try and sweep Racism under the carpet and change the subject to a shocking display. 

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

100% this.

What looks to have happened last night is ****ing deplorable and horrible to see it happen in a Scottish ground.

Slavia look to be showing themselves up as a bunch of ***** and not for the first time either. Horrible club.

Peakybunnet
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Racism=wrong

Sectaranism=wrong.

Agree on both.

Not so sure about the faux outrage but agree on the Scottish establishments blind eye to sectarianism.

2 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

The Slavia player is Finnish, as is Kamara so language wouldn’t be a problem. 

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

100% this.

What looks to have happened last night is ****ing deplorable and horrible to see it happen in a Scottish ground.

Slavia look to be showing themselves up as a bunch of ***** and not for the first time either. Horrible club.

No more horrible a club than their opponents last night

10 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

I have absolutely no time for Rangers but racism in football is the bigger picture here. It has to be stamped out.

To try and take the subject of racism away  to a piish poor performance is poor.

I still remember standing at Tynecastle watching our own fans shower Mark Walters with bananas and was totally embarrassed. What has changed in the last 30 odd years? Not a lot when we try and sweep Racism under the carpet and change the subject to a shocking display. 

Every time racism in Scottish football is talked about Walters at Tynie is mentioned. Nobody ever talks about the scenes at Parkhead from Celtic fans where there were even guys in the crowd in gorilla costumes. 

Edited by Tazio

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

No more horrible a club than their opponents last night

Whataboutery of the highest order.

Peakybunnet
Just now, Tazio said:

Every time racism in Scottish football is talked about Walters at Tynie is mentioned. Nobody ever talks about the scenes at Parkhead where there were even guys in the crowd in gorilla costumes. 

Sorry Tazio, wasn't at that game so never saw it (Not the Wenger excuse) but genuinely cant remember that. However agree with you a disgrace if it happened. 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Still I'm sure there will be no sectarianism this coming Sunday.

Johnny foreigner whispers something racist(allegedly) into a Rangers players ear and the SMSM goes into overdrive. However when it comes to one set calling the other Orange this and that and the other Fenian this and that it's nothing to see hear move on.

Forgive us for seeing through the hypocrisy in all this.

Racism=wrong

Sectaranism=wrong.

Try reading the post again and the bit where it states 'they are both wrong'

So that is my opinion and it won't change but of course others may follow the path well if its allright for one its allright for the other and if that's your view then so be it

I don't speak for the media nor do I say move on in sectarianism.

Quite what ignoring the possible racist behaviour from the Slavia player will do to improve things baffles me but you seem to be happy with that viewpoint and you have that right to hold and express it

1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

Sorry Tazio, wasn't at that game so never saw it (Not the Wenger excuse) but genuinely cant remember that. However agree with you a disgrace if it happened. 

I meant Celtic fans in costumes not Hearts fans. 

Rangers want Uefa action after Glen Kamara allegedly racially abused by Slavia player - BBC Sport

Rangers are "not prepared for Glen Kamara to be yet another statistic" as they urge strong Uefa action over alleged racial abuse of the midfielder.

Slavia Prague's Ondrej Kudel said something to Kamara while covering his mouth amid a late melee in Rangers' Europa League home defeat on Thursday.

The Ibrox club say several players were racially abused online post-match.

In a statement, Slavia claimed Kudela admitted swearing at Kamara but denied the "disgusting accusation" of racism.

Rangers manager director Stewart Robertson says the Ibrox club "refuse to acknowledge any attempt to defend, deflect or deny the abuse" experienced by Finland international Kamara.

A statement added: "The racist abuse suffered by Glen Kamara will not be tolerated by Rangers.

"This incident has been reported to the Uefa match delegate and we understand that it has formed part of his match report.

"Uefa will be well aware the football world is watching. We expect a robust and unequivocal response in relation to this incident.

"It cannot be merely 'swept under the carpet'- we are not prepared for Glen Kamara to be yet another statistic. Enough is enough."

Manager Steven Gerrard was left "angry and upset" after Kamara told him he was racially abused during the game, which Rangers lost 2-0 to exit at the last-16 stage 3-1 on aggregate.

Rangers players confronted Kudela and Gerrard got involved with his opposite number.

"My player tells me he was racially abused," the manager said. "The disappointing thing is that their people are trying to defend their player and calling us liars.

"I feel angry. I know Glen and trust him 100%. The Slavia player has caused this and something needs to happen quickly but that is above me. But whatever happens, I stand next to Glen.

"I don't even feel like talking about football just now. It's over to Uefa now."

Gerrard said that he asked Kamara at the side of the pitch if he wanted to continue or walk off.

"He said to me after the game he wasn't thinking straight," the Rangers manager explained. "He wanted to carry on, he was obviously very upset."

After the game, Gerrard was seen speaking with Slavia coach Jindrich Tripisovsky and Uefa delegates as he appeared to seek an explanation.

Asked about what he would like to see Uefa do about the incident, Gerrard said: "I think what I want to happen and what will happen will be different.

"Too much of this is still in the game. A lot of people are working extremely hard to eradicate it from the game. I feel angry and upset myself."

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Whataboutery of the highest order.

No it's not have been a horrible club since 1872. Took them 116yrs to play a player who went to mass instead of service in their first team.

If UEFA find the Slavia Prague player guilty of what he is alleged to have said, then I personally like him banned sine die and his club banned from European competition for five years, as that to me will then send out the correct message regarding racism.

I would then like the Scottish footballing authorities to ban both Celtic and Sevco from all domestic football for five years, as that then may get the message over about sectaranism not being tolerated.

Alas UEFA wont be anywhere near as bold as I wish, but they will give a token punishment.

The Scottish footballing authorities will just grow larger hills under their carpets.

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

I still remember standing at Tynecastle watching our own fans shower Mark Walters with bananas and was totally embarrassed.  

Yes, that was embarrassing and deplorable. What was also unacceptable was the Scottish media said much less about the same thing happening to Mark Walters, the previous week, at Parkhead. The extremely hard of thinking amongst our fan base, thought it would be a good idea to copy Celtic fans, maybe in part due to the lack of due public outrage from what had happened at Parkhead. 

So a completely different response from the Scottish media to two identical deplorable incidents. If they had been suitably outraged about what happened at Parkhead beforehand, those fans at Tynecastle may have got it into their thick heads that copying that nonsense was not clever.

Typical, though, of how the Scottish media are too afraid, or connected, to challenge the behaviour and intolerance of the 2 big Glasgow clubs, but have no such reservations about, rightly, commenting on unacceptable behaviour from other fans.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I was going to say that about the anti Irish or anti British racism you hear at any OF game. 
The Ross County incident wasn’t racist, I think it was maybe homophobic or something similar. 
McCoist told Lennon to control his own players. 

Brick Tamland
21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Try reading the post again and the bit where it states 'they are both wrong'

So that is my opinion and it won't change but of course others may follow the path well if its allright for one its allright for the other and if that's your view then so be it

I don't speak for the media nor do I say move on in sectarianism.

Quite what ignoring the possible racist behaviour from the Slavia player will do to improve things baffles me but you seem to be happy with that viewpoint and you have that right to hold and express it

Quite what ignoring the possible racist allegation from Kamara will do to improve things baffles me but you seem to be happy with that.

Do you see how this thing works two ways?

None of us on this forum know what was said and it is all opinion we are expressing, as I posted earlier I'm not convinced the Slavia player is guilty, if he is then damn him, if Kamara is guilty then damn him too.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No he’s not he’s a Czech. 

0B6EDE3A-1DD4-41BF-A57E-91DFE0EF2E56.jpeg

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Quite what ignoring the possible racist allegation from Kamara will do to improve things baffles me but you seem to be happy with that.

Do you see how this thing works two ways?

None of us on this forum know what was said and it is all opinion we are expressing, as I posted earlier I'm not convinced the Slavia player is guilty, if he is then damn him, if Kamara is guilty then damn him too.

Why do you think he covered his mouth? Why do you think he picked on the smallest black guy? 
If Kamara punched him in the tunnel it’s totally understandable and unlike him. 

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why do you think he covered his mouth? Why do you think he picked on the smallest black guy? 

If Kamara punched him in the tunnel, then Kamara too is in the wrong.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

Kamara has diminished his own complaint if he did indeed punch the Slavia Prague player.

Difficult as it his. Kamara has to been seen to rise above it.

Punching(if true), unfortunately gives the Slavia Prague player a bit of a get out clause.

Brick Tamland
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I have no idea why he did these things there could have been a number of reasons why - perhaps one would be trying to intimidate him by telling him he'll take his revenge on Kamara, a 'you're getting it' kind of threat. He could have said his team mate lying down was a pussy - I have no real idea what was said and neither do you.

Why did Neil Lennon say he was subjected to sectarian abuse at Tynecastle?

Why did the Sun photoshop a photo of Rudi spitting at a celtic player?

Why did the police not break up the Sevco fans title party?

You or I have no idea why people do or say things but we have opinions, my opinion is different from yours on this.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I have no idea why he did these things there could have been a number of reasons why - perhaps one would be trying to intimidate him by telling him he'll take his revenge on Kamara, a 'you're getting it' kind of threat. He could have said his team mate lying down was a pussy - I have no real idea what was said and neither do you.

Why did Neil Lennon say he was subjected to sectarian abuse at Tynecastle?

Why did the Sun photoshop a photo of Rudi spitting at a celtic player?

Why did the police not break up the Sevco fans title party?

You or I have no idea why people do or say things but we have opinions, my opinion is different from yours on this.

We do have ideas and we also have proof and evidence. 
The sun are scum, they’ve proved it time and time again. 
The police have said why they acted in that way with the Rangers fans. 
Lennon was subject to sectarian abuse, I heard it and did it in my youth. 
The guy was clearly trying to conceal what he said to Kamara, if he was just going to call him a ***** or the nonsense you’ve dreamed up he wouldn’t have walked over to him, covered his mouth and whispered in his ear. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If Kamara punched him in the tunnel, then Kamara too is in the wrong.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

Kamara has diminished his own complaint if he did indeed punch the Slavia Prague player.

Difficult as it his. Kamara has to been seen to rise above it.

Punching(if true), unfortunately gives the Slavia Prague player a bit of a get out clause.

Did I say it was right? Understandable and actually proves the case, he wouldn’t have punched him if he didn’t racially abuse him. 
Kamara will get a heavier punishment from UEFA. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I have no idea why you bothered posting that on here? The fact that a player had to be carried off the field of play requiring facial reconstructive surgery is piffle when there was a player allegedly racially abused at Ibrox last night!

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I say it was right? Understandable and actually proves the case, he wouldn’t have punched him if he didn’t racially abuse him. 
Kamara will get a heavier punishment from UEFA. 

If this is all proven, then to a certain degree Kamara is a bigger idiot than the Czech for rising to it.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or another Flick v Tuchel final 

You reckon Chelsea could win it? The last time they won it was of course with a manager who only took over mid way through the season, and of course they played Bayern in the final.

Porto are no mugs but is certainly the draw everyone would've wanted. Should they then progress, they're up against a Real Madrid or a Liverpool side who are certainly not as strong as they have been in the last few seasons. The final poses a much tougher opponent in either of the 4 I'd say, but didn't Chelsea basically just park the bus in 2012 before sneaking it on penalties?

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Think the player is a Czech international. 33 years old too so one of the more senior players in the squad which is a sad state of affairs in it's own right.